1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

WINTER WEATHER WARNING ON THE FRONTIER (December 19th)

Jason

1 hour ago, Leftover Pizza said:

Snow is indeed gone. So is wildlife, but we do get the impossible rain+fog back again. Note to Rockstar: When there is fog, it can't rain too.

In real life it can rain and fog at the same time, but in real life it doesn't do this 95 percent of the time for all time weather. 

Image result for rain and fog

2 hours ago, DarkFlame588 said:

Should be kept year round as a rare weather event. Till next year....

It should be year round as a rare event for the regions outside of the Ambarino snow region. Ambarino should at least see some regular snowfall or winter weather with the occasional blizzard for its usual pattern. 

• Like 3
51 minutes ago, XxJazzy42xX said:

In real life it can rain and fog at the same time, but in real life it doesn't do this 95 percent of the time for all time weather. 

Image result for rain and fog

As far as I know, you can have mist and rain, but not fog and rain. Mist is less visibility reducing than fog. What we see in the game, absolutely nothing further than a 10ft range, would be fog.

Then again, my education is from a while ago and could be more locally focussed or simply wrong :D :D 

21 minutes ago, Leftover Pizza said:

As far as I know, you can have mist and rain, but not fog and rain. Mist is less visibility reducing than fog. What we see in the game, absolutely nothing further than a 10ft range, would be fog.

Then again, my education is from a while ago and could be more locally focussed or simply wrong :D :D 

You can have both. The difference is fog is denser than mist which is why you can't see further out and fog is nothing more than a cloud close to a low lying area or the ground and its possible that above this you have rain falling into the fog hence rain and fog. This is something that people who live in mountains would easily get to see as they see systems roll in. Fog also lasts longer than mist does so if you see fog in your game for a long period of time then R* at least has that right

Image result for mist vs fog

You still have a point in your comment though. Mist is something someone would see more often though, because of morning dew or moisture on the surface, heck everytime you exhale during cold weather that is some form of mist. You can see through the mist even on low elevated levels and sometimes you can see over top of it. While fog you have to be way higher to see above the fog and it definitely is harder to see through. Fog can still be present while precipitation happens and so can Mist, but the Fog and Rain thing.....don't happen everywhere hence why some people say that the two can't coexist so it may be true to someone else living in another climate. When I lived in the northeast U.S more specifically the Pocono Mountains or Northeast Pennsylvania where I went to highschool close by you could see this happen very easily, because I lived in an elevated location and was able to see rain roll in from a good distance. Currently living in central NC and I don't see this as much......I see more mist and rain in central NC.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Assblaster said:

Bye bye to the great blizzard of 1898....on we go to 1899! or is time standing still in Red Dead Land? maybe we're stuck forever in 1898...🤔

I was beginning to wonder the same thing. :( The snow can leave anytime now--the sooner the better, IMO.

49 minutes ago, Leftover Pizza said:

No more Jingle Bells made my game day.

Ditto. My saloon was deadly silent after hearing that for the 1,937,037,543th time.

• Like 1

I miss the festive showdown maps already :(

I'm curious to what they will be releasing tomorrow. So far we've been in for 3 weeks without new clothing? It's about time they come up with something new again. Maybe even restocks of precious limited items due to high demand? 

I'm getting ready for another disappointment, though.  

10 hours ago, Leftover Pizza said:

Snow is indeed gone. So is wildlife, but we do get the impossible rain+fog back again. Note to Rockstar: When there is fog, it can't rain too.

The f*cking fog is 10x worse than the snow was.  I really enjoyed the snow, but sh*t man, how am I supposed to navigate a 4 foot wide forest path in fog with sun bursting through while raining

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ventogt said:

The f*cking fog is 10x worse than the snow was.  I really enjoyed the snow, but sh*t man, how am I supposed to navigate a 4 foot wide forest path in fog with sun bursting through while raining

Set way point, start moving and go into cinematic mode. 

• Like 2