Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Diamond Casino Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA 6

      1. St Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
fryday

method of poisoning the enemy moonshines

Recommended Posts

fryday

Hi all,

 

did anybody managed to poison the moonshine from the enemy company in the bootlegger issions?

 

its hard as hell, I never got it without getting spotted, since the timer is so low...

 

any tips here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ram_pete67

i also failed every single time so far. Would also like to have some tips and tricks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
theEwing1979

I've not managed it. Managed to pick off a few enemies quietly but one always seems to spot me or one of the bodies. Once spotted you can just go all guns blazing and then destroy the moonshine. Is there actually any benefit or reward for doing it silently? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Surebrec

stealth and bow & arrows. sit in the bushes and wait. those that are together usually move away from each other. just take note of who is looking in which direction. when one is separated and looking away, a quick arrow to the head dispatches him. after that, sneak round the area doing the same. I try to leave one left who is further away from the still and looking in the opposite direction and just sneak in, poison then sneak back out. it's not too difficult if you go about it right.

 

Edited by Surebrec
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CMCSAVAGE
1 hour ago, fryday said:

did anybody managed to poison the moonshine from the enemy company in the bootlegger issions?

Bootlegger or story? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Van_Hellsing

I succeeded with a bootleg mission in the derelict fort near Van Horn. I used the bow and paint it black. If you move crouch. If the enemies pair up, wait for them to split up. 

 

After I poisened the still, I wanted to grab my bow quickly and shoot an approaching enemy. The clunky Rockstar interface made my avatar to pull out a gun. The new quick draw setting is also lost all the time. 

 

Supprisingly the poisening still counted as I was detected. I moved out of the red zone and got the full award. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Krommer

Ah, never thought of using the bow from stealth.

 

I tried sneaking to the still,  but there is usually one guy crouched right by the still.

 

So the last one, just got near and used the bow and a dynamite arrow on the still ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheLordMarvel

I always thought Assassins Creed taught me well, but I have yet to infiltrate without being seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gtmike

Yeah I poisoned them, with lead.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rev. Gnash

Creep slowly and engage with bow or blade. Make sure the guards around the still are not facing you.

 

Poison throwing knives, work very well. Stealth NPC one (slit throat) and throw knife (headshot) NPC two.

Edited by Rev. Gnash
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rockett800

I've only ever been able to get two of the different possible locations done in full stealth, both from the Grizzlies shine shack. The old Millesani claim took the bow and patience. The low number of men and only one mobile guard helps, but it was still quite difficult.

 

The Chez Porter shine still is out and out the simplest and fastest to stealth, though. Stop on the trail and walk through the woods towards the south of the ranch, sticking to the very far outskirts of the property. The still is in a barn with two guards, one on the upper floor watching out the loft hay doors, and one below, whittling and watching the still next to an open window. None of the other guards even face the barn, so all you have to do is creep up, sling an arrow through the window at the whittler, poison the still and leave. Stick to the wall on the outside of the barn and the guard above will never even know you were there. One kill, poisoned still, simple as that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ronin Ogami

It would help the stealth portion a LOT if they doubled the timer. WHich I'm not sure why we have them in the first place . . . .

Edited by Ronin Ogami
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fryday
On 1/17/2020 at 11:44 AM, Rockett800 said:

 

 

The Chez Porter shine still is out and out the simplest and fastest to stealth, though. Stop on the trail and walk through the woods towards the south of the ranch, sticking to the very far outskirts of the property. The still is in a barn with two guards, one on the upper floor watching out the loft hay doors, and one below, whittling and watching the still next to an open window. None of the other guards even face the barn, so all you have to do is creep up, sling an arrow through the window at the whittler, poison the still and leave. Stick to the wall on the outside of the barn and the guard above will never even know you were there. One kill, poisoned still, simple as that.

 

this is the only location, which I poisened succesfully.

easy because the guards are not standiong close to each other.

 

but what is exactly the difference in terms of payout/rewards betwenn poisoning and destroying?

It only says, you will get bad honor for killing NPCs, thats it?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rockett800
20 hours ago, Ronin Ogami said:

It would help the stealth portion a LOT if they doubled the timer. WHich I'm not sue why we have them in the first place . . . .

Especially since the free roam random encounter versions don't have a time limit! Without the doomsday clock on my screen I actually managed to stealth the hanging dog ranch still, killing everyone but the O'Driscoll in the hayloft only because I couldn't get a good shot on him.

18 hours ago, fryday said:

but what is exactly the difference in terms of payout/rewards betwenn poisoning and destroying?

It only says, you will get bad honor for killing NPCs, thats it?

As far as I'm aware, the bootlegger missions don't actually have a payout, rather they just lower mash cost. If you can poison the still and get out of there without anyone seeing you, you'll receive the full 20 dollar discount on mash, if you're seen however you have to fight your way out through revenuers (for some reason) and you get a 10 dollar discount.

Edited by Rockett800
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moeror

Trying to do stealth in this game is almost impossible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gettin up

I haven't even tried going on stealth. What do you get as a reward, if you manage to complete it without getting spotted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rockett800
Posted (edited)
On 3/6/2020 at 3:12 AM, Gettin up said:

I haven't even tried going on stealth. What do you get as a reward, if you manage to complete it without getting spotted?

On 1/20/2020 at 11:58 AM, Rockett800 said:

As far as I'm aware, the bootlegger missions don't actually have a payout, rather they just lower mash cost. If you can poison the still and get out of there without anyone seeing you, you'll receive the full 20 dollar discount on mash, if you're seen however you have to fight your way out through revenuers (for some reason) and you get a 10 dollar discount.

 

Edited by Rockett800

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
liam_faye

I've been using only throwing knives. I usually try to memorize the patrol routes of the moving enemies and pick them off when they are away from the other enemies. The patrolling enemies are most likely to come across the bodies of the stationary ones. Then, I just kill the stationary enemies who would notice me poisoning the still and leave. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BZXC32

most of the times i just shoot dynamite arrows and kill the survivers with guns, the difference in mash discount reward when doing stealth doenst impress me. sometimes when im in a good mood i go stealth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova

I read somewhere that you can shoot the still with a Poison Arrow from a distance but that might have been a lie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
STNeish

I'm not sure why people are having difficulty, I've only been spotted once doing these.

 

If you watch the red dots on the radar, there's a slight yellow cone that reflects their line of sight.  Pretty much all you have to do is stay OUT of that cone.  Stay crouched and take your time.  Watch the patrollers and wait for an opening when they're either walking or facing away from you.

 

Not sure what else to suggest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RyuNova
On 5/17/2020 at 5:45 AM, STNeish said:

I'm not sure why people are having difficulty, I've only been spotted once doing these.

 

If you watch the red dots on the radar, there's a slight yellow cone that reflects their line of sight.  Pretty much all you have to do is stay OUT of that cone.  Stay crouched and take your time.  Watch the patrollers and wait for an opening when they're either walking or facing away from you.

 

Not sure what else to suggest.

 

Pretty much this, all I can add is move the bodies.

 

Well I can add that you need to see the vision cones and not kill anyone who has another enemies vision cone overlapping their red dot. Sound with the bow is not counted so you can fire an arrow into some guys head while hes stood next to his mate and it wont matter as long as he does not see him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.