4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Albany VSTR Appreciation Thread

Standard Deluxe 59

4 hours ago, Standard Deluxe 59 said:

At least I ain't painting it chrome with totally swaggin' dollar sign wheels. Haha.

Hahahaha

We can rely on GiantsGiants for that one.

4 hours ago, Standard Deluxe 59 said:

But yeah these aren't the right Cadillacs for a vinyl top. Doesn't even look too good on a DTS or last gen Deville. I saw an XTS at a used car lot that had thin strip white walls and a cream fabric top and that didn't look good either. 

I agree 100%, the last Cadillac that looked good with a vinyl top is the Fleetwood. The 90s DeVille that replaced it was the last Cadillac to pull off the classic white wall tires ... That stuff (alongside the gold platting) don't work on the Art&Science era cars at all.

The new generation of tire stripes might work on the Vs though (spec contingent).

pirelli-p-zero-white.jpg

pirelli-p-zero-red.jpg

2 hours ago, Scottiedog123 said:

That makes it look a bit like an ugly Felon GT, with 4 doors.

Hahaha ouch.

Who needs a Presidente? 😎

White: #C8C4BB00 pearl with Dark Steel (maybe don't works in sc)

Dark Red: #2E020CFF pearl with Grace Red

Blue: #020E36AA pearl with Race Blue

Graphite: #0C0D0EFF pearl with Cast Iron Silver

Red: #760802AA

Matte Pure Black: #000000FF

49351767318_097ea36e97_o_d.jpg

49351767118_166b96607f_o_d.jpg

49352223941_d3bfb69cb1_o_d.jpg

49352428042_4a6275040e_o_d.jpg

49352223586_7d1090b11b_o_d.jpg

49352427772_24da78f5e1_o_d.jpg

I'll bet money this drops tomorrow. They won't be able to not deny us Sultan Classic guys for at least one more week. At least this car looks pretty good, more than I can say for the Imorgon.

• Like 3

This will be going next to my Revolter. What a beauty. Would love to see a comparison between the two in terms of performance.

Edited by Arrows to Athens
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Arrows to Athens said:

Would love to see a comparison between the two in terms of performance.

On 12/29/2019 at 7:54 PM, Need For Madness Auto said:

4 hours ago, IceDree said:

I've already seen that one. It's just a drag race. I would have liked to see lap time results and how well they corner, stuff like that. Also, the top speed stats don't seem right. 110 mph for the V-STR and 106 mph for the Revolter? We're talking regular Shcafter and Intruder levels of top speed here, respectively. 

Edited by Arrows to Athens
29 minutes ago, Arrows to Athens said:

I've already seen that one. It's just a drag race. I would have liked to see lap time results and how well they corner, stuff like that. Also, the top speed stats don't seem right. 110 mph for the V-STR and 106 mph for the Revolter? We're talking regular Shcafter and Intruder levels of top speed here, respectively. 

It's on the pace of the old sports cars like the elegy rh8, jester rc, massacro, feltzer, 9f, surano, and  schlagen gt. 

I'm sorry, for once i didn't read the thread but i can only wonder ... Can i glitch the spoiler off, for a more subtle CTS look ?

2016-Cadillac-CTS-V-sedan-rear.jpg

2014-cadillac-cts_100423334_h.jpg

2014-cadillac-cts_100423336_h.jpg

It's either this bad boah or the Sultan Classic coming next ...

It's also a shame there isn't more grille options ...

4eb00eb73902337ef0e0b84739e40a10.jpg63594317.jpeg

• Like 2
On 1/16/2020 at 8:23 AM, Arrows to Athens said:

shameless plug:

Spoiler

Edited by oleg_aka_djmeg
  • Like 5
On 1/16/2020 at 3:05 AM, AUScowboy said:

No, can't glitch the spoiler off.

Lmao who would want to. Love the CTSV but spotting the ones without spoilers look so damn boring 😂 It means the owner cheaped out and didn't get all of the options.

7 hours ago, ddarko12 said:

Lmao who would want to. Love the CTSV but spotting the ones without spoilers look so damn boring 😂 It means the owner cheaped out and didn't get all of the options.

I would. Imo the spoilers on 3rd gen Vs look awful. I'd take it off if I had one irl (and design my own hood).

____

Ugh, there's no option for a body colored spoiler. 🤦🏻‍♂️

th?id=OIP.bCYHIr1eeE_5Z_HDvTEOhwHaEv&pid

Why R*? Wwwwwwhhhhhyyy?????

• Like 2
13 hours ago, ddarko12 said:

I would take it off to make it look a little more like a Cadillac a retiree would buy. Yes, I like the old school American luxury cars that drove like you were floating above the road. 

• Like 2

Rockstar strikes again with the pricing I see. $1,285,000 for this car, while classic sports cars worth 45 million in real life cost around $800,000? It doesn't make any sense at all. Am I missing something?

Edited by Cerium
  • Like 1

The only thing you're missing is that logic has little to no presence when it comes to vehicles. Branding, performance, pricing, classification... you name it, they'll screw it up.

• Like 3

I think by now we can give up on the pricing of vehicles compared to real life. This is a game where you can make as much money as you want, so Rockstar will price the car's how they like. Doesn't matter what car it is or it's performance. Games been out for 6 years, you should be able to afford most vehicles in the game individually. I know people want and need different things, I do too which is why I don't buy every car that comes out, but I can if I wanted too. Yeah the prices are ridiculous on most car's, but there's not much we can do about it, nevertheless I'll be buying this when it comes out this Thursday. Not here to start and argument, I agree with you guys, just stating my opinion. 

On 1/18/2020 at 12:09 AM, ddarko12 said:

I would TBH. I'll be going for more Soprano's and less luxury tuner. I'll never understand the desire to make luxury sedans/coupes into something mean and fast. I mean, I get it if it's a Ferrari, Aston or German car, but a Caddy? Same goes for Rolls and Bently.  I'll always associated them with comfort over drivability. If I want a fast car why wouldn't I just get a Vette? To each their own though, different strokes and all that. Mine will definitely be low key as possible.

• Like 3
On 1/18/2020 at 2:06 PM, Standard Deluxe 59 said:

I would take it off to make it look a little more like a Cadillac a retiree would buy. Yes, I like the old school American luxury cars that drove like you were floating above the road. 

I prefer cars that can corner. I'm more of a road course type guy. I'm happy that Cadillac took a different approach and made handle like sports sedans. 

6 minutes ago, Tennyzulander said:

I prefer cars that can corner. I'm more of a road course type guy. I'm happy that Cadillac took a different approach and made handle like sports sedans. 

But in day to day driving I'd still prefer a big soft riding car even if it can't corner for crap. Yeah the CTS V is a good track car, but probably uncomfortable for a long distance drive because of its sport tuned suspension. Better case scenario would be if Cadillac built its traditional luxury sedans for guys like me and sporty sedans for guys like you because then they'd have two types of customers instead of just one. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Standard Deluxe 59 said:

But in day to day driving I'd still prefer a big soft riding car even if it can't corner for crap. Yeah the CTS V is a good track car, but probably uncomfortable for a long distance drive because of its sport tuned suspension. Better case scenario would be if Cadillac built its traditional luxury sedans for guys like me and sporty sedans for guys like you because then they'd have two types of customers instead of just one. 

Drove the new ATS models and they felt nothing like a true Cadillac should feel like. Don't care if the performance models feel uncomfortable since its made to be raced but the standard sedans should at least have that soft ride like the old ones used to. Sadly all the models apart from the Escalade I think don't have that feel no more. The new CT6s could look nice with vogues if done right, all it needs is a nice v8 with pillow seats along with a smooth ride and you got yourself a nice caddy. 

Spoiler

Image may contain: car and outdoor

Nothing will top this 66 though. 

Spoiler

Related image

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Standard Deluxe 59 said:

Yeah. That would work nicely.