4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Albany VSTR Appreciation Thread

Standard Deluxe 59

6 minutes ago, TacitusKilgore said:

They appear to be a muted chrome, so I would guess no. 

Cool thanks. Definitely keep the stock rims!

• Like 3
3 hours ago, fily16 said:

With personal testing on the same stretch of highway as Broughy, on the newest version of the game in SP this car reaches 126 MPH, which is higher than the Schafter V12. Might just be the new fastest sedan car that is shoved in sports.

What about compare to the pariah?

1 hour ago, Wscratch said:

What about compare to the pariah?

Nothing will beat the pariah in top speed. It's top speed is 136mph and it's faster than any other car in the whole game. 

Yeah but in real world/free roaming, higher speeds are achieved for most cars, than those flat quoted speeds. 

I still am not seeing anything beat my GTO..

169mph. (hit 189 before they "fixed" it)

Pariah may be able to hit that also, I think my son said he did 164 or something.

Obvs the GTO is still a wrestle.. Getting a clean run can be difficult, around the city where it counts and when it counts, it is all about drivability. Being able to keep the thing pointing where you want it, brakes, handling are all important to how "fast" a car is, and being able to maintain a high speed for any amount of time.

Many faster cars are still getting their asses kicked by old timers driven well.

I love it when I'm driving one of my buckets around and some one in a hot super wants to get fresh.. (they have no clue that I also have many exotic autos) and then they just become a speck behind me, lost to my apex hitting, superior entry/exit speeds and road and traffic reading skills. 

Then I might just pull back up on them driving the same car they are in. But usually much more tastefully styled😉

Edited by Scottiedog123
  • Like 3
7 hours ago, fily16 said:

With personal testing on the same stretch of highway as Broughy, on the newest version of the game in SP this car reaches 126 MPH, which is higher than the Schafter V12. Might just be the new fastest sedan car that is shoved in sports.

Oh this is very good news. I love the Schafter V12 but the car is practically ruined by its sorry looking broken suspension. I've been craving a big fast sedan ever since (and the komoda and jugular just cured my wants for smaller sport sedans). I've more than a blast with all of the recent cars but I feel this is for sure gonna be my favorite! :)

• Like 1
6 hours ago, fily16 said:

Unless R* put another Super car in the Sports class nothing will beat the Pariah.

Lots of people race in lobbies where they exclude the gto and pariah in races to make it more balanced which I do favor. Lots of people still prefer old school sports cars pace including myself. Using the top sports is so boring and gets repetitive. This is quite a thing in the racing community as well I've been seeing too. 

Edited by Tennyzulander

can someone show what the interior looks like with a glitched colored interior? I know ppl said it looks awful but I havent seen pictures. If I can do it Im just going for a dark color anyway so it at least adds something to a regular black interior

• Like 2

f*ck me, what a car. This'll be my first 4-door modern since my Jackal I got back in 2014. Glad to see they were a little creative with this and it's not a carbon copy like that civic and the other cars as of late.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, Yinepi said:

f*ck me, what a car. This'll be my first 4-door modern since my Jackal I got back in 2014. Glad to see they were a little creative with this and it's not a carbon copy like that civic and the other cars as of late.

I love the Cadillac CTSV!!!! It's the successor to the Albany Presidente from gta 4.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, ddarko12 said:

can someone show what the interior looks like with a glitched colored interior? I know ppl said it looks awful but I havent seen pictures. If I can do it Im just going for a dark color anyway so it at least adds something to a regular black interior

You can only color the seams and the ugly backseats. That's it.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Sentinel55 said:

You can only color the seams and the ugly backseats. That's it.

Interesting.

Because my spec was gonna be Bronze Sand Metallic from the Pedestal Edition CTSV. I just want like a really dark brown interior, just the seams and backseats would be better than black if Im honest 🤔

• Like 2
On 12/20/2019 at 11:17 PM, Yinepi said:

Can someone make a mod replica of the A.P.B police Cadillac CTSV? Mods? 

i001035144.jpg

C4LP5vvUoAAWhqA.jpg.6bea4bdf89372e23e167

C65w54fVwAA4qAz.jpg

Also, can someone do one in the police stinger from gta tbogt too?

On 12/20/2019 at 3:58 PM, BadaBing_1996 said:

I think I know what spec I will be going for when it's released.

jK5-CnoSoU-eIiNpXwEKsA_0_0.jpg

shvbAUabTUmOQoVLr-in6w_0_0.jpg

EWeh5LiFr06Dh6wleNagpw_0_0.jpg

A replica of this wound be nice?

12553993211255836180-f3b5ed9365f.jpg

1417451927543258339-b8b5235fb315.jpg

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Geisterfaust said:

I'm yet to test it myself, but can you please tell me, is it fast and interesting enough to compete with Schafter V12?

It might not, but I'm hoping it does. Biggest engine they have for CTSV is a V8 but it is supercharged at around 600hp. The car Scafter V12 is based on has 800hp.. but y'know V12.. 🤷‍♂️

I would like to see testing, tbh. If someone is in mood for it.

(I haven't been able to find anything)

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Kushology said:

It might not, but I'm hoping it does. Biggest engine they have for CTSV is a V8 but it is supercharged at around 600hp. The car Scafter V12 is based on has 800hp.. but y'know V12.. 🤷‍♂️

I would like to see testing, tbh. If someone is in mood for it.

(I haven't been able to find anything)

Well the Schafter V12 is based on the S65 AMG actually with "just" 621hp but a whopping 738 foot pounds of torque thanks to its twin turbochargers. It is a very powerful thing but, as refined as the engine is, it is also old and they actually just discontinued it (although the S650 Maybach has the same engine and power output).

Meanwhile the CTS-V has 640hp and 630 foot pounds of torque. Basically a Z06 engine, both supercharged, detuned by 10hp and 20 foot pounds of torque. Lighter than an S65 and quicker. The S65 has charm to it, the V12 makes a unique note (and actually the note Rockstar used for the Schafter V12 sounds nothing like an AMG V12, more like the legendary 6.2l V8 used in cars like the 00's C63 or earlier S63/CL63 which were also quicker than the S65/CL65 but less torquey and slower at the top end (supposedly the 65s were so hard to put the power down that they were slower unless launched right, I mean RWD with all of that torque, but once the 6.2l was exchanged for the 5.5l biturbo in the 63s they produced around 664 foot pounds of torque and were definitely quicker, especially in the 4matic newer gen 63s which recently got the even more powerful 4.0l biturbo but that's a whole 'nother story 😂 ), and idk why Rockstar says the V12 is supercharged. That would affect sound but it would still be different).

Rockstar logic is of course not alway parallel with real life. But tbh I'd expect the VSTR to hold a candle to the Schafter V12. I hope it does because the Schafter V12 is great but I cannot deal with that broken suspension. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by ddarko12
2 hours ago, ddarko12 said:

Well the Schafter V12 is based on the S65 AMG

I thought it was based on the Brabus E V12..

I'm not into cars THAT much. 1/3 of that was like a foreign language.. lol

17 minutes ago, Kushology said:

I always thought the regular Schafter V12 was an E-Class as well and the LWB was supposed to be an S-Class. 

Granted European cars aren't my strongest point. I can you tell you every difference between Ford's Panther Platform trio but it will take me a little longer to point them out on a Mercedes-Benz. 

1 hour ago, Kushology said:

lmaooo I'm sorry 😂 Kinda geeked out.

I always regarded the Schafter as a bit of last gen E Class and S Class. The original Schafter was more S-Class (the older one) and it came with V12 badges by default. By Mercedes alone, they only use(d) V12s on top models like the S, SL, G and maybe a few others. More reason to assume the Schafter was meant to be an S Class (S65 to be exact, maybe S600 in theory with the newer one or Schafter LWB lol).

Brabus does some crazy stuff but often times that comes with a certain look, none of which I can identify on the Schafter V12. So I just always assumed it was the 621hp S65 W221R mixed with features from the last gen E Class and the front is actually definitely CL65 especially the headlights.

Edited by ddarko12
  • Like 1