The Moonshiner General Thread

Jason

19 hours ago, Mirror Park Resident said:

Berry cobbler is the way to go, IMO. It always has a buyer available apart from the cheapo one. Never failed, at least for me.

Apple berry crumb is popular too, but sometimes no high price buyer is available.

thanks man, I'll stick to Berry Cobbler for a while

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Have been keeping track over the last 35 shine sales.
Was inspected 56% of the time
Out of 25 Berry Cobbler batches, I had the right buyer (not Bert Higgins) for 24, even though a lot of them were not even sold within the same buyer rotation cycle (i.e. more than 90 minutes later, sometimes the next day)

9 hours ago, AltiMetro said:

Was inspected 56% of the time

They DRAG their heels too, if they inspect you.

On the ones that are "5 minutes left", for the daily, I'll just not stop at all; I'm more assured of having 5 minutes left by running the blockade

and having some of them come after me.

They seem to have become more picky, too, about you immediately stopping in that yellow area. Even when I think I do, they all go red

suddenly and attack.

yeah.. it's glitchy sometimes.
I've had one posse member hear them say "ok, move on, get out of here", so he started moving the wagon.
All that time the yellow inspection area never changed, the inspection still seemed to be ongoing.
They started shooting of course

• 2 weeks later...

The Moonshine Shack. We DO NOT own it. Maggie Fike own the moonshine shack.

• Maggie sits at the office desk overseeing everything.

• Maggie’s bedroom is next to her office desk.

• Maggie sells us items.

• Maggie sends us on missions.

We are just hired guns who sleep in a tent outside lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2020 at 4:57 PM, djb204 said:

Maggie’s bedroom is next to her office desk.

Hot...

JK!

She does look like she would have been considered a "healthy" lady, in her younger days though.

Mr. Cripps seems to have a thing for her.

I gues that would be her bedroom? For some reason I was thinking it was my character's, lols!

Edited by Krommer
  • KEKW 1

DentureDynamite
On 11/27/2020 at 1:42 PM, Krommer said:

They DRAG their heels too, if they inspect you.

On the ones that are "5 minutes left", for the daily, I'll just not stop at all; I'm more assured of having 5 minutes left by running the blockade

and having some of them come after me.

They seem to have become more picky, too, about you immediately stopping in that yellow area. Even when I think I do, they all go red

suddenly and attack.

Hmm; I would think running a roadblock would be riskier than the inspecting agent finding moonshine in your wagon?

BTW, I wonder what percentage of the time is that you're 'caught' with moonshine during an inspection?

I've tried stopping my wagon before reaching the roadblock and clearing it out, but it's also risky, with quite a few agents chasing you almost to the delivery point.

Edited by DentureDynamite

1 hour ago, DentureDynamite said:

Hmm; I would think running a roadblock would be riskier than the inspecting agent finding moonshine in your wagon?

Yes, but I meant to get the 5 minutes left daily for sure  ;)

There have been a few times where those guys take SO LONG hen you stop to inspect, that I've not made the 5 minutes left.

So if I'm trying to do that daily, I just go right through, heh.

• Like 1

DentureDynamite
4 minutes ago, Krommer said:

Yes, but I meant to get the 5 minutes left daily for sure  ;)

There have been a few times where those guys take SO LONG hen you stop to inspect, that I've not made the 5 minutes left.

So if I'm trying to do that daily, I just go right through, heh.

How many intact bottles do you typically have left when you're done?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2020 at 3:09 PM, DentureDynamite said:

How many intact bottles do you typically have left when you're done?

Often ALL.

Or sometimes I lose one. At the worst,  I turn in 18 of them, so yes you are losing some of the $$$

but you are for sure getting the gold from turning it in with 5 minutes left. So it would kind of depend

on whether doing the daily was 0.1 gold or .4 or however high it gets, whether you saw it as worth it.

I ALWAYS saw it as worth it, when it was .5 gold  =/ 

For example, today I DID stop but they said they found moonshine and started shooting me and 

then the guys came after me on horses. There was no "turn in with 5 minutes left", I was just doing it

for the money for the heck of it when I had all the dailies done; even with them shooting, then the guys 

after me, I STILL turned it in with all bottles intact. However, if there HAD been a "5 minutes left daily", I 

would have failed that since I bothered to stop at the moonshine blockade.

This might be partially due to me always doing the Hennington's stead moonshiner route, which 

always seems to be a pretty flat and easy path.

Edited by Krommer

• 4 months later...

Does anyone still get moonshine raids/buyer rescues? Although I barely play nowadays I feel like they heavily reduced the frequency of these occuring.

I rarely have to rescue a buyer nowadays and when I was still playing a lot, my alt accounts were getting them much more frequent for some reason, about once every 1,5 day (If I got 1 in the morning, the next one would likely be the next day, at the end of the day)

My main account wasn't getting them as often as my alts.

I'm wondering because I looted a map from a buyer rescue on my alt a long time ago now and ever since then I've been trying to loot 1 on my main too.

Which is hard because of the above and because revenue agents tend to hide maps from me really well.