Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Diamond Casino Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA 6

      1. St Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Jason

The Moonshiner General Thread

Recommended Posts

Bi9Daddy68

Made a R* ticket regarding moonshiner shack not allowing me to enter. I lose weapon wheel access, player menu (left d pad) and lose hawk-eye capability.

 

The response was to move my shack and they paid for that move.

 

Result same thing, just in a different place. Surprised? no!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
B Wrizzle

Anybody having luck finding the poison poppy moonshine camp? Any helpful tips other than it’s available a half hour after completing a moonshiner sell or mission? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ronin Ogami
On 1/9/2020 at 2:51 PM, Leftover Pizza said:

After finding the Poison Poppy recipe, I created a batch without doing bootlegger missions, so I paid the full $50 for the mash, waited 48 minutes for it to be ready.

 

Then started the delivery going from Tall Trees shack to McFarlane, fending off the usual roadblock at the river crossing and dealt with 5 waves of agents attacking along the road. Drove the wagon like a nanny and the only damage done was by them agents. In the end I delivered 19/20 bottles and instead of the $247,50 payout, I got $108,27 for it. 

One broken bottle cost me $139,23. 

So, after paying $50 for the mash, I earned $58,27 for the whole batch of Poison Poppy's Moonshine. I'm not even calculating the expense of ammo and gun oil in. 

 

I really don't know how Rockstar justifies a reduction in payout like this. But one thing is sure, I'm not touching the role again, till it's fixed. What grinds my gears the most is that apparently no one at Rockstar even thought this is a bit too harsh while testing it. IF they even tested it in the first place. 

Moonshiner is the most broken messed up role I've seen so far. Completed batches disappearing, black infinite loading screens, bootleggers missions not registering as completed daily challenges, shacks no longer being yours, unable to enter your shack or there's no one inside. If the Beta tag was still on this game they'd have an excuse for this mess. 

 

If this is what Rockstar is able to deliver to us and should last us months of gameplay, this game is better off dead.

$247 divided by 20 is $12.35 per bottle, we "should" be able to lose up to three without it dropping the payout under $200, WTF is this punishment for, exactly? Someone who programmed this failed math. HARD.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leftover Pizza
1 hour ago, Ronin Ogami said:

$247 divided by 20 is $12.35 per bottle, we "should" be able to lose up to three without it dropping the payout under $200, WTF is this punishment for, exactly? Someone who programmed this failed math. HARD.

 

Yeah, as soon as you lose 1 bottle, you might as well drive like a madman and wreck 8 more, without an extra payout penalty. It's totally f*cked, imo. If I'd meet a buyer penalising my cargo that way in real life, I'd not sell 19 bottles for the price of 11, without kicking him in the nuts. 

 

Another thing with the Moonshiner role; when you play with the band, they say "Let's give them what they paid for!" ..... Paid for? Paid for to whom? Not to me they didn't! I'm not seeing a f*cking cent from them! If I have to give them what they paid for, I'd have to be able to use my guns in the speakeasy! Hot led for all of them. On the house!!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ronin Ogami
41 minutes ago, Leftover Pizza said:

 

Yeah, as soon as you lose 1 bottle, you might as well drive like a madman and wreck 8 more, without an extra payout penalty. It's totally f*cked, imo. If I'd meet a buyer penalising my cargo that way in real life, I'd not sell 19 bottles for the price of 11, without kicking him in the nuts. 

 

Another thing with the Moonshiner role; when you play with the band, they say "Let's give them what they paid for!" ..... Paid for? Paid for to whom? Not to me they didn't! I'm not seeing a f*cking cent from them! If I have to give them what they paid for, I'd have to be able to use my guns in the speakeasy! Hot led for all of them. On the house!!

 For the band, I'm convinced that they & Marcel are paid from what the speakeasy makes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leftover Pizza

What’s the real use for the dynamic open world moonshiner events? The first day/week I got the reduction on mash costs after clearing these, like actuall bootlegger missions do. Of late, nothing. They pop up by the loads, must have done at least 5 and seen double the amount yesterday. Mash is still 50 bucks. 
They don’t always count for the daily moonshiner challenge of getting 3/3 bootlegger missions done either. 
 

So what’s the real use? Give us something to shoot ‘n loot? What’s Rockstar’s description, if there is any? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kcole4001
10 minutes ago, Leftover Pizza said:

What’s the real use for the dynamic open world moonshiner events? The first day/week I got the reduction on mash costs after clearing these, like actuall bootlegger missions do. Of late, nothing. They pop up by the loads, must have done at least 5 and seen double the amount yesterday. Mash is still 50 bucks. 
They don’t always count for the daily moonshiner challenge of getting 3/3 bootlegger missions done either. 
 

So what’s the real use? Give us something to shoot ‘n loot? What’s Rockstar’s description, if there is any? 

I've done from 1 to 3 and mash is still $50, Baguette complains that 'the costs can be reduced, you know' like he's paying for it, but it never reduces for me either.

The shine business is by far the most buggy lately, completely locking most aspects of the game when you try to enter the shack, still getting black screen upon initiating a sale, Baguette, Mags, and customers disappearing all the time when you enter, it's just a big mess.

I wouldn't touch it except for dailies.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AdamNortonUK
On 2/24/2020 at 2:41 PM, kcole4001 said:

I've done from 1 to 3 and mash is still $50, Baguette complains that 'the costs can be reduced, you know' like he's paying for it, but it never reduces for me either.

The shine business is by far the most buggy lately, completely locking most aspects of the game when you try to enter the shack, still getting black screen upon initiating a sale, Baguette, Mags, and customers disappearing all the time when you enter, it's just a big mess.

I wouldn't touch it except for dailies.

To get in the damn way when you’re collecting collectibles. Notice how some of the locations that pop up, you either need to travel past them or they’re at the homestead / shacks that contains a collectible.

 

Usually it’s when I just need a get the collectible before the daily reset that these Moonshine Bootlegger missions in free roam spawn. I’ve also been seeing hideout locations being replaced by these moonshine camps so you have to clear it before the hideout will ever spawn!

 

I just wish there was a way to end the mission if you accidentally enter the red areas for these camps as nothing will spawn into the game whilst the mission that you didn’t want to do in the first place just spawns. I wouldn’t mind but if you ride far from one, another pop ups. I’ve had to clear them to stop them popping up in places I need to get to, but that only lasts for 30 minutes. 

Edited by AdamNortonUK
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Archangelsky

Are these missions all dynamic open world moonshiner events?

 

I mean I sometimes get killed by other human players when I happen to be close to  them or I have somewhat activated an event?

 

Is it only the agents by the roadblocks that are events started by others?

 

I try not to stir up events for others but sometimes it is really hard to avoid because I just ride past at the wrong time, like just when a bunch of NPC spawn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mik73

Amongst all the bugs, I'm really glad for one 'feature' that I haven't seen mentioned or put into the Profession breakdown -  Once you pick a 'special buyer' and add the flavour, you will always be able to sell that flavour to a buyer (the same one I assume, i never bother to keep track of their names now). No matter when you chose to sell that batch. Hours later, or days later, you'll be able to do it.

Initially I twisted myself in knots trying to figure out when I should decide on a buyer, so I didn't lose that customer after they expired/rolled over. I just assumed Rockstar would chose the most punitive gameplay option, so that if you picked a buyer and added a flavour....if the buyer list expired/changed before the batch finished production you were SOL. The buyer would disappear and it was total luck-of-the-draw if another buyer wanted that exact flavour...or you'd be stuck selling that batch for minimal price to the generic fellow.

 

But thankfully, I guess that's not the case. After a couple dozen sell missions I've never not been able to sell my flavoured batch at the price selected to the appropriate buyer, regardless of when I get around to selling it. No need to micromanage how soon the batch finishes vs how long the flavour takes to finish vs when the buyers roll over, etc.  Just pick a buyer/flavour that's available at that moment (if you have the ingredients), get the production going and don't worry about it. It's locked in. Sell whenever it's done at your next convenience. Hours later, days later, whenever. It'll be available for sale at the price quoted. Maybe everyone else knew that but me...but I stressed out for a few sell missions trying to get the production going at *just* the right minute for everything to line up, cursing R* for making it unnecessarily complicated, when in fact I was the one overthinking it lol.

Unless I'm wrong and it does matter, but I've just been crazy lucky for a couple dozen missions in a row...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Failed Again
Posted (edited)

Ok, a new hitch..

 

I Bought Mash, checked buyers and flavors.

Selected  a good match $247 value.

added flavor,,

Buyer 1hr 27min..so good

 

like the poster above says,,

 

No need to micro manage. This I have also discovered,  As long as you complete the Mash Before timer runs out.

 

Now the glitch

I logged out to eat and take a break.

 

I login- select CAMP as destination

 

Load to camp.

Immediately see popup while in camp

Deliver MOONSHINE

There's a timer counting down 9 minutes,,,,and the white wagon wheel

BUT I'm in the wrong State....##$%

 

So I log-out and select the correct state--hoping to get to wagon

Over course I end up high in the Arbarino(sp?) mountains in my underwear( ok joking)  

No wagon timer,,so I ride like the wind..

arrive at shack..run down the stairs

Talk to Mo

 

He gives me the mission

And I complete it with full pay

 

So if this happens to you, this worked for me

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Failed Again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sanjpawar

Get design and excellence tips from your preferred bollywood big names and find a good pace bollywood tattle. 

latest bollywood news

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
S4P

whos have in problems with selling there moonshine with the job not start in even when i do the method to get out of the black loading screen it wont start any more ANY ONE ?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rev. Gnash
1 hour ago, S4P said:

...the black loading screen it wont start any more ANY ONE

*raises hand*

When this happens; I close the app and try again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
S4P
Posted (edited)
On 4/5/2020 at 5:19 PM, Rev. Gnash said:

*raises hand*

When this happens; I close the app and try again.

pmsl your wast in your time all u need to do is is join someone not in the same session then accept 1st alert then decline the 2nd then its gone but whats happen now its not start in the job when doing that sometimes for me not all the time

Edited by S4P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Failed Again
Posted (edited)

Had a new Moonshine mission, has anyone seen this:

I exited the shack with my wife(new to game), took her dancing

 

A popup appeared:

Rescue the buyers

 

It had a timer..I did not engage, and let the timer run out.

 

Next pop up read

Mission failed, The buyer will Not be available to you for awhile

 

Note:  I did not have a delivery pending nor a mission from Maggie

 

Edited by Failed Again
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rev. Gnash
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Failed Again said:

Next pop up read

Mission failed, The buyer will Not be available to you for awhile

 

Note:  I did not have a delivery pending nor a mission from Maggie

 

Heard of this; but have not encountered this mission. Never had a campsite raided either.

 

Edited by Rev. Gnash
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UnexpectedParole

Was it just me yesterday (and the day before) or was Moonshiner bugged ?

 

I was trying to level up my moonshiner finally while mixing in trading and naturalist to kill time between.

 

But it seemed every time I tried a moonshine mission, it would fail upon trying to finish the mission.  Or during deliveries.

 

I also had Maggie and Marcel vanish, gone for 2 or 3 in game days. So I just closed the application and went to bed, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OND1990
1 hour ago, UnexpectedParole said:

Was it just me yesterday (and the day before) or was Moonshiner bugged ?

 

I was trying to level up my moonshiner finally while mixing in trading and naturalist to kill time between.

 

But it seemed every time I tried a moonshine mission, it would fail upon trying to finish the mission.  Or during deliveries.

 

I also had Maggie and Marcel vanish, gone for 2 or 3 in game days. So I just closed the application and went to bed, 

There’s loads of bother just now mate, bounty missions ain’t paying out, I’m missing my lasso, constantly getting kicked. It’s not great. Hopefully they fix it soon.

 

what I have found is that the naturalist role is working well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djb204

When delivering moonshine, what determines whether the agents at the road block with wave you through without a search or not?

 

is it completely random? or is the honor system at play?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UnexpectedParole
4 hours ago, djb204 said:

When delivering moonshine, what determines whether the agents at the road block with wave you through without a search or not?

 

is it completely random? or is the honor system at play?

There is a random element to it. Not sure if there are weighted averages yet or not.  I find I do better if I don't touch anything or get twitchy.  Just wait with the quick load ready to go. I used to get caught every time. Now it seems like hardly ever.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.