2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Official Xbox: Series X | Series S Thread

Mister Pink

ZeniMax Online Studios' new Xbox IP is being created by almost 200 developers/ (not Starfield?)

https://www.windowscentral.com/gaming/xbox/zenimax-online-studios-new-xbox-ip-is-being-created-by-almost-200-developers

from above:

This new game has been described as a AAA game with a new engine, but otherwise, little is currently known. As Bethesda Softworks is part of the Xbox first-party organization, this new IP will naturally launch across Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and Windows PC, but we'll have to wait to find out more.

Edited by Failed Again
  • Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

It's most likely their new MMO, which they've been rumoured/reported(?) to be have been working on for a while, ESO's not been their main project for a while now.

They've done a lot of good things with ESO, and some bad, so it'll be interesting to see what lessons they learned. Brand new overhauled modern feeling combat would be a big lesson to learn, but keep interactive world (loot on the ground, lootable objects, thievery, etc).

If anyone's in the market, Microsoft has the Series S on sale right now. It's listed at $249 but I only paid $239. Not sure why. Gamepass discount, maybe? I'm not gonna argue with it as it was just enough of a discount that my Microsoft rewards earnings managed to cover the full cost. Early Christmas present I guess. ;)

• Like 1

On 11/9/2022 at 1:01 AM, Algonquin Assassin said:

Almost two years to the day of release and I finally got a Series X.

While I’ve been enjoying my PS5 I’ve owned every generation of PlayStation Xbox so it’s only fitting.

I want to check out GTA IV in 60 fps.😎

Welcome to the club. Or shall I say, welcome back? Think I still have you as a friend on Xbox. Did you try GTA IV yet? I have a current game of GTA IV that I'm taking a rest from. Going to go back and complete it. Also just finished Vice City DE and it was actually one of the most enjoyable completions of the story I've ever done. 

On another topic, you could buy a Series S through Xbox's official Instagram for $200! There was also a deal where you could get their wired headset and Series S for €249! I wasn't online to post the deal at the time, I'm afraid. But, I suspect in January or even E3 they might do something again. Just know that the deal was only through Xbox's official Instagram. 

On 11/21/2022 at 3:54 AM, Failed Again said:

ZeniMax Online Studios' new Xbox IP is being created by almost 200 developers/ (not Starfield?)

https://www.windowscentral.com/gaming/xbox/zenimax-online-studios-new-xbox-ip-is-being-created-by-almost-200-developers

from above:

This new game has been described as a AAA game with a new engine, but otherwise, little is currently known. As Bethesda Softworks is part of the Xbox first-party organization, this new IP will naturally launch across Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and Windows PC, but we'll have to wait to find out more.

Wonder what this game is. Do think it might be a ESO on a new engine? It's been in development for 4 and half years so we should see it possibly at TGA or E3. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mister Pink said:

Wonder what this game is. Do think it might be a ESO on a new engine? It's been in development for 4 and half years so we should see it possibly at TGA or E3. 

Nah, it's an entirely new game. Old rumours were that it was a Mandalorian MMO, but they recently described it as a new IP, so depending on what they mean by that it could be something either entirely new or a franchise new to them.

• Realistic Steak! 1

29 minutes ago, Jason said:

Nah, it's an entirely new game. Old rumours were that it was a Mandalorian MMO, but they recently described it as a new IP, so depending on what they mean by that it could be something either entirely new or a franchise new to them.

Interesting. Think it would be great to have a Star Wars/Mandalorian game. Although I've yet to fall in love with an MMO, I'll dabble but ultimately the general grind "buy currency" overtones in those games makes them hard to like. Interesting all the same. 

Edited by Mister Pink

Algonquin Assassin
20 hours ago, Mister Pink said:

Welcome to the club. Or shall I say, welcome back? Think I still have you as a friend on Xbox. Did you try GTA IV yet? I have a current game of GTA IV that I'm taking a rest from. Going to go back and complete it. Also just finished Vice City DE and it was actually one of the most enjoyable completions of the story I've ever done. 

Yeah. You’re still on my friends list.👍

Mostly I’ve been playing GTA IV and some other games like MW2 and Powerwash Simulator.😛

Loving As Dusk Falls too. Almost finished.

On another note I decided to do something and install Max Payne 2 and damn. I never realised how good the OG Xbox games look and play on Series X. I have a few I want to try now.

I’ve had a good time getting back into the Xbox ecosystem. I’m looking guard to Stalker 2 whenever that comes out as it looks amazing. Kind of looks like Metro.

• Realistic Steak! 1

Boardwalk Empire Episode 2.1 Review - That Shelf

7 minutes ago, Algonquin Assassin said:

eah. You’re still on my friends list.👍

Mostly I’ve been playing GTA IV and some other games like MW2 and Powerwash Simulator.😛

Loving As Dusk Falls too. Almost finished.

On another note I decided to do something and install Max Payne 2 and damn. I never realised how good the OG Xbox games look and play on Series X. I have a few I want to try now.

I’ve had a good time getting back into the Xbox ecosystem. I’m looking guard to Stalker 2 whenever that comes out as it looks amazing. Kind of looks like Metro.

Nice one. 

Actually heard good things about Powerwash Sim, ha! Guilty pleasure, eh? 

Started As Dusk Falls too. Still have it installed just need to go further on. It really is great. I was sold when one of the writers said they were inspired by Fargo and Breaking Bad but also films like Dog Day Afternoon. I posted that on Twitter and the official As Dusk Falls like my Tweet which was nice. 

I bought Max Payne 2 hard copy and have yet to install. I just got to the end of MP1 and was having difficulty in the final mission. But it looks decent enough. It is graphically enhanced. Looks better now on console than it ever did. Other titles that look great are RDR, and Splinter Cell; Conviction, and Blacklist. Basically anthing that got the One-X ehancement's carries over to Series X. There's a guy on YouTube "Skycaptain5", he basically runs all the backward compatible games on Series X. 

STALKER 2 looks great. Regretably got stuck on a part in Last Light. Exodus was on sale for 7.99. Need to finish Last Light and get on Exodus. 

I'm not a huge fighter enthusiast but I did like DOA2 and I have DOA3 hardcopy with a "Microsoft employee purchase, not for resale" sticker on it. For a game that's over 20 years old, it looks smashing on Series X. 

Spoiler

FThtbr9WYAA83F0?format=jpg&name=large

• Best Bru 2

If you want a relaxing, chilled out blast from the past game that's only a few hours long I 100% reccomend Tinykin on Games Pass. It's a retro 3d platformer that's taken inspiration from games like Pikmin and the old Toy Story games.

I've not played much new this year cause it's been a barren year for games but it is my GoTY so far. Not usually my thing those games but I 100%'d it which sums up how much I enjoyed it. Also made me start looking at some other 3D platformers down the line, like Sackboy on PC when it starts going on sale for a decent price.

Also looking forward to trying out the new NFS through the 10 hour trial on GP/EA Play. I forgot all about those 10 hour EA trials all the time but they're a nice little way to try out games I'm on the fence about. Once again being subbed to GPU is paying off. ☺️

• Like 1

Algonquin Assassin
On 11/29/2022 at 11:37 PM, Mister Pink said:

Started As Dusk Falls too. Still have it installed just need to go further on. It really is great. I was sold when one of the writers said they were inspired by Fargo and Breaking Bad but also films like Dog Day Afternoon. I posted that on Twitter and the official As Dusk Falls like my Tweet which was nice. 

Hey dude I finished it last night and I’m

pretty sure I got one of the bad endings lol. Without spoiling things too much let’s just say a lot of my decisions were based on hot headed aggression.😉 

I can definitely see where the influences come from though. One thing I absolutely love is the art style. It kind of reminds me of a visual novel, but it plays out in real time. Very cool and unique.

Also just a small fact the character of Bear is played by Sam Douglas who was in Heavy Rain. I thought when I saw him ”where have I seen him before?” so I looked it up and that’s who it was.🙂

Edited by Algonquin Assassin
  • Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

• 4 weeks later...

Basically confirmed (just not from MS) that there will be an Xbox showcase this month.

Few rumours going about, a guy leaked Redfall's release date (May 2nd) which was verified by a reputable Xbox journalist (Jez Corden), has said that Ghostwire Tokyo is coming to GP in March, that Tango have a new game out later this year and that Starfield will probably/possibly release before Redfall (May 2nd).

The same guy refuted todays rumour that Fable has basically been rebooted onto UE5 as Forzatech was proving to be unviable.

Double post but I bring almost but not quite official news: https://www.windowscentral.com/gaming/xbox/xbox-will-host-developer_direct-games-show-with-arkane-bethesda-and-more-this-month

Sounds like the showcase is gonna happen on the 25th. 1st party Xbox and Bethesda studios going to be showing what sounds like deep dives into upcoming games, though Starfield apparently is missing this one out in order to do it's own show later.

It's later than I expected tbh. Xbox has been weirdly radio silent since mid-December which doesn't sound weird as it's not that long of a time plus holidays and all that, but when you remember they do two Games Pass announcements per month, the start and middle of the month (1st and 3rd Tuesday, usually), it's quite unusual for them to be so quiet.

Expected games would be things like Forza Motorsport, Horizon 5 expansion 2, Tango's next game (expected by another Xbox journalist), Minecraft Legends, Redfall and Elder Scrolls Online DLC/expansion news. Doubt we'll see anything of Zenimax Online's next MMO, but ESO is confirmed to be having it's traditional event this Jan to detail it's roadmap for the year so it'll probably pop up at the Xbox show as well.

Starfield having it's own show makes sense but it doesn't give me a lot of confidence in that earlier rumour that it'll be out in April or before Redfall.

Edit: Confirmed now by Xbox. 25th Jan, 8pm GMT.

Redfall, Forza Motorsport, Minecraft Legends and ESO's yearly expansion reveal are the confirmed attendees, with a focus on gameplay footage for al games it sounds like. No hints to anything else, but Starfield is confirmed to be getting it's own show so it won't be shown.

As an active player of ESO I'm curious to see what they'll show, they've said they're trying some new stuff this year after 3-4 years of samey expansion design. Also curious to see more Minecraft Legends tbh, I think that looks fun too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Failed Again

You can now run GameCube and Wii games on an Xbox Series X|S with Dolphin

link

You can now run GameCube and Wii games on an Xbox Series X|S with Dolphin | Windows Central

"What you (may need) to know

Dolphin Emulator for UWP allows you to play GameCube and Wii games on the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S.

The emulator rolled out in beta in December 2022 and has since received a couple of updates.

Dolphin Emulator for UWP supports HD upscaling, works with HD texture pack mods, and can be used to play titles in their original resolution".

Just read this tidbit in Bethesdas direct info:

Will there be an Extended Stream? The Elder Scrolls Online team will continue the livestream with a standalone Global Reveal Event immediately after the Developer_Direct. A standalone show for Bethesda Game Studios’ Starfield is also in the works – we’ll have more to share soon.

Edited by Failed Again
  • Like 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1

Mister Pink

Developer Direct, starting shortly. 

ESO, Forza, Redfall and possibly something more. 

Possible we'll see Tango's next game. Doesn't sound like it's a huge game or anything, sounds like a multiplayer game or something? We'll see.

I'd hope we see some Games Pass announcements as well.

• Realistic Steak! 1

Mister Pink

No release for Forza, unbelievable, lol 🤣😭

Didn't expect something like that from Evil Within devs, not my cup of tea mind you.

Mister Pink

Looks like that May 2nd Redfall leak was correct. 

Forza was spring this year and is now dateless, so that's another delay lol.

Hi-Fi Rush is kinda neat, dunno if it's my cup of tea but looks like it could be a good GP game. Minecraft Legends also looks decent fun, another good GP game. ESO having a new class was a big community request but I remain wholly unconvinced it'll actually do anything for the game long term, though more Dunmer story is nice.

Redfall looking f*cking sick though. Haven't been convinced on it until todays footage, it looks really good though IMO. Feels like it's almost Arcane's take on a Borderlands which I am absolutely down for. Looking forward to that for sure.

• Like 1

Mister Pink

Yeah, I would have bet money on Forza getting a release date but ah well. Since they're building it from scratch again, I can appreciate it's a mammoth task. Also, 2 years of covid in the middle of all that. I'm not craving FM too badly. But I know come summer in a few months I might. Been a while since I enjoyed a track based racer. 

I'm not mad for Hi-Fi Rush but it looks like it's an original concept. I'm all for trying new things. Great to have a nice shadow drop thrown in. 

I'm on the fence about Redfall. I'm not sure it's for me. Just my personal tastes though. It looks good for what it's aiming for. I'll definitely be trying it out. So will anyone complete it solo first and then play co-op or will you aim to just right into co-op. Map looks sizable enough and seems there's a enough content in it. 

I was hoping for a Starfield showcase date. There's supposed leak saying the show case is in next month. 

EDIT: I don't know, should I try ESO again? I looks amazing. It's kind of tempting. 

EDIT2 : I take back what I said about Redfall. Watched it again in 4K. It wasn't paying 100% to the showcase and missed a few details. Actually looks great. 

Edited by Mister Pink
  • Like 1

I always take "from the ground up" stuff with a pinch of salt, especially with Forza which reuses car models etc all the time, and will do in this upcoming one. It looks good, albeit I'm not a big track racer fan these days, but yea, just odd how it's been delayed yet again.

2 hours ago, Mister Pink said:

EDIT: I don't know, should I try ESO again? I looks amazing. It's kind of tempting. 

ZOS will, and did tonight, try and sell you ESO as something that is pick up and play to an Elder Scrolls fan, ie, Skyrim, Oblivion, etc, but it mostly plays nothing like any of them, instead playing like an actual MMO, which can feel not very familiar to the average RPG player.

If you can get used to the MMO nature of it and how that impacts the open world, the quests, loot, crafting, the skills and stuff then there's a good game in there with a ton of stuff to do and good variety as well. I play it pretty much daily at the very least do to my daily stuff which takes 5 mins, or to take part in events or if I have something else I wanna do - housing being something I invest quite a bit of time into for example. It's IMO probably the best MMO on the market right now for just being able to do w/e the hell you want without having to worry about wasting your time, missing out on stuff, being inefficient or whatever. Compared to a single player Beth game you can't live in the world very well, but compared to an MMO it's the best there is at doing that.

And while the quest design and combat isn't great there is a metric sh*t ton of Elder Scrolls story in the game. I was never too into it even after sinking time into Skyrim, but ESO got me well into Elder Scrolls lore, in particular the Dark Elfs / Dunmer.

Cause it's such a behemoth of a game with such a variety of content now I think it's a game where many people struggle to find a hook for them to latch onto, I mean I played it in beta and yet it still took me, after multiple tries, until 2021 to find that hook my self. Think my advice to any new player would be find a class that works for you and just go where ever you want and start questing and then do and try things that interest you as you run into them. Elsweyr (dragons), Vvardenfell (Morrowind) and Western Skyrim are the popular starting spots for new players. There's technically a canon order for the quests and going straight to expansions means skipping stuff but the expansions generally speaking are quite standalone so it's not a big deal, and you can always go back.

• Realistic Steak! 1

Algonquin Assassin

A shame Forza doesn’t have a release date. Always preferred the Motorsport series over Horizon. More of a circuit type of racer.

Looks great though. 500 cars at launch ain’t too shabby either.

• Like 1

Failed Again

Eso afterward reveal

What! No love for the PvP Minecraft.....  that looked fun

Edited by Failed Again
  • Like 1

I wasn't interested in Redfall til recently, it was overshadowed by Starfield. But I watched one of those little showcases and it seems there's more to it than I originally thought, go figure. 

Now I'm looking forward to trying it out. Looks pretty neat.

I reinstalled ESO but haven't touched it. I really want to play, but the combat keeps me away. I wish there was a story mode setting that let you do the quests but let you skip the bosses or remove their mechanics. I just want to explore Tamriel and unlock the lore. I really don't care about fighting anything, most of the time I just use this invisibility spell so I can run past the mobs in quest dungeons. 

Runescape 3 does bad combat better. 

• Realistic Steak! 1

nachos

Bv6FlaS.gif

steamy

Yea ESO's combat has zero weight to it, it's the main issue with the game for most including me. Difficulty is another issue though, for new players the game may have some challenge but that quickly disappears, virtualy all storyy content and most open world content is an absolute doddle for players with only a few hundred champion points. One-two hit every mob, bosses are a cakewalk etc. There's a big desire in the community to see that fixed but I think ZoS are wary of something like a veteran mode that could split up the playerbase.

Tried that Hi-Fi Rush, it's visually really, really good, the art, the animations, the way the music is timed with everything, it's great. But as is usually the case with games centered around a beat I can't find any natural flow with it so far and while it doesn't absolutely require you to be on beat the game plays and feels better when you are.

• 2 weeks later...

Instructions how to install Xenia. For anyone not in the know. Xenia is an Xbox 360 emulator that allows you play non back compat 360 games on Series consoles. You don't need to have your console in dev mode!

Emulation on Series console is insane. The Warriors PS2 version running on Xbox. 😄

EDIT: 

I need this new special edition Xbox controller. 

9d3b45b1-1eff-487b-8baf-b5d19acd771c.jpg

Edited by Mister Pink
  • Like 3

Covered Wagon Fan

^ Oh I do like that Stellar Shift controller.  It would be a very nice addition to my Xbox controller collection.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Mister Pink said:

😄

EDIT: 

I need this new special edition Xbox controller. 

9d3b45b1-1eff-487b-8baf-b5d19acd771c.jpg

Would love if MS would let people put custom colors with that effect, plus the color matched A,X,Y,B butttons in Design Lab.

• Like 1