3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Nuevo Paraiso Discovery - Datamining

VideoTech_

Point is, making a fuss about them removing the files cause "oMg nO mExIcO nOw!11!" is a case of much ado about nothing. It's no more difficult to add Mexico into RDR2 now than it was on November the 5th.

I'd say it's pretty likely that at some point Rockstar will do the job for everyone anyway, one way or another, lol.

• Like 1
VideoTech_
27 minutes ago, Jason said:

Point is, making a fuss about them removing the files cause "oMg nO mExIcO nOw!11!" is a case of much ado about nothing. It's no more difficult to add Mexico into RDR2 now than it was on November the 5th.

I'd say it's pretty likely that at some point Rockstar will do the job for everyone anyway, one way or another, lol.

Yeah, definitely!

Like some of the work has been done. They got the terrain, LODS, some new textures (a VERY small portion!) and the UI names are completed. I really hope it happens, but it's nice that it was probably in development but perhaps cut from the game due to the lack of time. 

• Like 1
Penicuikscotland2010
6 hours ago, VideoTech UK said:

Yeah, definitely!

Like some of the work has been done. They got the terrain, LODS, some new textures (a VERY small portion!) and the UI names are completed. I really hope it happens, but it's nice that it was probably in development but perhaps cut from the game due to the lack of time. 

It is nice but it is also sad. I wonder what tesoro azul would have looked like in this game. 

• Like 3
VideoTech_

Some really interesting finds from @_CP_, thanks to an ASI that records the file names in the background CP discovered an audio file name, "Old_Red_Birds_Mexico.awc" & "BOB_MEXICO_AMB_OW.awc"

(perhaps ambient noise?). I have never came across any ambient sound except the soundtrack that plays in a few places in Mexico. Really interesting... 

Edited by VideoTech UK
  • Like 5
Spider-Vice

Filenames starting with Bob_ are part of the score IIRC so that must be the music people say they hear when they break into Nuevo Paraiso.

• Like 5
VideoTech_
Just now, Spider-Vice said:

Filenames starting with Bob_ are part of the score IIRC so that must be the music people say they hear when they break into Nuevo Paraiso.

Ah, niceeeee!

On 12/14/2019 at 5:35 PM, spoonman039 said:

you're wrong, because every RDR1 map import we could have got was canceled because Take2/R* sued the modders.
using files from the same game and enhancing it with fan-made textures would be completely different.

Pretty much this, it’s all in the terminology. 

Porting from RDR1= Open and shut case, you get a C&D from Take2.

Saying that you’re creating a new inspired map (but in reality taking RDR1 models and tweaking their meshes a bit + updating textures) = greyer zone as it’s harder to prove without ripping the mod apart and looking at the meshes.

So for a map conversion mod, I would say that it would be better to claim it as a map recreation, rather than a direct RDR1>RDR2 port.

But anyways, a map conversion is likely a few years away, and it’s more than likely that we may get Mexico for online during that time anyways.

Edited by jje1000
  • Like 1
cp1dell
1 hour ago, silly_nate said:

Who’s bob?

On 12/17/2019 at 10:52 AM, Spider-Vice said:

• Like 1
VideoTech_
1 hour ago, LoneWolf260 said:

What does that mean?

What Spider Vice said above, it's the audio soundtrack for the ambient music. The fact they named the file "mexico" is quite shocking considering it was cut. 

• Like 4
VideoTech_

Thanks to шериф фримен that spotted this quite incredible discovery that I didn't even notice on the game physical map. 

The state of Mexico is stated as a region on the physical map suggesting that it is a playable area of the map.

So I went over to Twitter to ask if later physical versions also included the same map, thanks to @BigSean8806 (https://twitter.com/PayneKiller75) & cute patato (https://twitter.com/Mav___r) for posting their map from later versions of the physical version. No revision was made...  So does that suggest Mexico should be coming as a content update later for RDRO or SP? Hmmm.

My launch copy of version the map

20191224_140932.jpg?width=840&height=630

Later versions

Edited by VideoTech UK
  • Like 2
Spider-Vice

I think that's grasping at straws. From RDR1 everyone knew that was Mexico and Rockstar probably wanted to put it there for artistic purposes anyway.

• Like 10

We briefly touched on the paper map a few months ago in the mapping thread. Noticed buildings and town structures on it.

• Like 2
VideoTech_
On 12/25/2019 at 12:01 AM, LoneWolf260 said:

So you're saying there is a chance .. or a fools hope?

Personally, I think it will arrive as a new map addition for Red Dead Online with a bunch of missions included.

• Like 1

I'd say the paper map is just there to give the new players an idea of where the border is while being a nod to RDR, note that all of the states are written in red and Mexico is displayed in grey, the lack of any landmarks, and the fact they just display it as Mexico rather than Nuevo Paradiso.

That being said I don't think it devaluates anything found, it just doesn't seem to say anything more. I think if anything it could tell us they possibly planned to expand on Mexico since the latter lack of mention of Nuevo Paradiso.

Edited by vault28
clarification
  • Like 5
LoneWolf260
1 hour ago, VideoTech UK said:

Personally, I think it will arrive as a new map addition for Red Dead Online with a bunch of missions included.

Including Mexico in the game, could also open the door for a sadie dlc maybe even a rdr1 remake 

• Like 1
CrissRiot

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Nuevo is there, and that's huge for any Rockstar game as their maps are generally "here's the map, that's it" (aside from out of bounds stuff). GTAO's map? No unused map pieces (yes Yankton, but its the Guarma situation), no room for expansion (whereas Nuevo is RIGHT THERE), and there is clearly framework there (RDR1). You don't think they are KICKING themselves for not building a way to expand the physical map on GTAO?

Hopefully, it's something they've considered and see value in.

Edited by CrissRiot
  • Like 2
VideoTech_
7 hours ago, tonko said:

Damn. Mexico's ambient music was pure perfection.

Yeah, it's nice they kept it enabled. It's really good! :) 

Edited by VideoTech UK
Duhillestpunk

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t Rockstar the company that said “if you can see it, you can go to it”? Well if so then they are full of sh*t. We can all clearly see Mexico but we can’t go to it (without the use of glitches).

• Like 2
Duhillestpunk
16 minutes ago, cp1dell said:

@Duhillestpunk Pretty sure that was Todd Howard when talking about Skyrim. "You see that mountain? You can climb it!"

That does sound like something Todd would say but I do remember Rockstar saying that as well. In fact I think it was during an interview for Red Dead Redemption 2. I’ll try and find it.

silly_nate
On 12/25/2019 at 5:39 PM, VideoTech UK said:

I will seek legal action if this happens. I probably won’t get far, but that’s not gonna change my mind. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Duhillestpunk said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t Rockstar the company that said “if you can see it, you can go to it”? Well if so then they are full of sh*t. We can all clearly see Mexico but we can’t go to it (without the use of glitches).

Rockstar did say that, or something like. It was quoted in many previews