Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Jason

MOONSHINERS: A NEW FRONTIER PURSUIT (December 3rd)

Recommended Posts

Nerfgoth
7 hours ago, areyouchappin said:

If it takes you over a year to finally get to the point of your product... sorry, but you have failed and you are now trying to fix your mistakes lol even after all these updates a casual gamer can complete RDO in just a handful of weeks. Gaining high rank is irrelevant since it only unlocks cosmetics and unnecessary items.

 

So, I'll believe it when I see it, RDO cares about one thing at this point and it sure as hell isn't story telling anymore. They are pushing the typical GTAO design and will continue to do so. We're going to get an introduction to the Moonshine business and then maybe two more interactions with that lady and will probably end with us taking over the rival's business or something. Then it will be fetch quest, fetch quest, fetch quest, all so I can throw more RDO$ and gold bars into my giant stockpile hoping that R* finally releases some content that we can spend all this stored up currency on.

 

There is no over arcing story that is compelling us to gather money and gold bars.. there is nothing to look down the road at and strive to achieve, I've already unlocked and achieved it all.. there is NOTHING for me to do in this game any longer. Yeah, maybe the Moonshiner role will bring me back for about a week but once it's completed there is nothing to achieve anymore... no story lines waiting to be finished or updated... just hoping R* releases a new role or some clothing or accessories..

 

LeClerk told us lay low, we still need to clear our name!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oldsport

i think the moonshine missions will be in strawberry, its a dry town but theres illegal alcohol being brewed there (if you played storymode). i feel like thats where the speakeasys will be 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fryday
6 hours ago, Pocket Fox said:

Sometimes you just have to rely on youtube or watching someones stream to figure out what the different looks are.

 

Sorta like camp themes. Here's a preview of a table.... what about the REST of the theme?

 

this. its 2019, and there are tons of videos on youtube, why taking a risk?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
areyouchappin
4 hours ago, Nerfgoth said:

LeClerk told us lay low, we still need to clear our name!

Yeah LeClerk says that sh*t but then guns down Amos Lancing and his goons in the middle of Blackwater. Which would have completely ruined any chances of us clearing our names.. In fact, I think killing Amos in public view during a civil meeting only solidified to the public and the courts that she and her husband were up to no good. Unless some magical journal entry or court document appears that exonerates everyone in one fell swoop(which I'm sure Jeremiah Shaw or some other lackey conveniently has waiting for us).

 

The writers of the Single Player have all left the building, now all we get is Role updates which are the equivalent to DLC Packs from GTAO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rokushakubo
12 hours ago, areyouchappin said:

If it takes you over a year to finally get to the point of your product... sorry, but you have failed and you are now trying to fix your mistakes lol even after all these updates a casual gamer can complete RDO in just a handful of weeks. Gaining high rank is irrelevant since it only unlocks cosmetics and unnecessary items.

 

So, I'll believe it when I see it, RDO cares about one thing at this point and it sure as hell isn't story telling anymore. They are pushing the typical GTAO design and will continue to do so. We're going to get an introduction to the Moonshine business and then maybe two more interactions with that lady and will probably end with us taking over the rival's business or something. Then it will be fetch quest, fetch quest, fetch quest, all so I can throw more RDO$ and gold bars into my giant stockpile hoping that R* finally releases some content that we can spend all this stored up currency on.

 

There is no over arcing story that is compelling us to gather money and gold bars.. there is nothing to look down the road at and strive to achieve, I've already unlocked and achieved it all.. there is NOTHING for me to do in this game any longer. Yeah, maybe the Moonshiner role will bring me back for about a week but once it's completed there is nothing to achieve anymore... no story lines waiting to be finished or updated... just hoping R* releases a new role or some clothing or accessories..

 

They've only failed in meeting your expectations. RDO is performing better than GTAO did at this stage as of May this year and with the content added I'm sure that hasn't changed and whether you like it or not it has been R*'s intention to build the world up slowly. 

 

RDO is for people who love the world it's set in and find their own way of enjoying it, which R* is doing via roles. You're not going to get SP story telling in online and if you thought you were then that's why they have failed your expectations but not the game. R* have said they want us to experience life in the west, not depart on some amazing epic story to save the west from some villain or some sh*t. 

 

At the end of the day if the game is not doing it for you then move on. There's no point in sticking around playing a game that leads you to have the kind of negative perceptions of it that you've displayed. Go find a game that delivers what you're after so you're not wasting your free time. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UnexpectedParole
1 hour ago, Rokushakubo said:

They've only failed in meeting your expectations. RDO is performing better than GTAO did at this stage as of May this year and with the content added I'm sure that hasn't changed and whether you like it or not it has been R*'s intention to build the world up slowly. 

 

RDO is for people who love the world it's set in and find their own way of enjoying it, which R* is doing via roles. You're not going to get SP story telling in online and if you thought you were then that's why they have failed your expectations but not the game. R* have said they want us to experience life in the west, not depart on some amazing epic story to save the west from some villain or some sh*t. 

 

At the end of the day if the game is not doing it for you then move on. There's no point in sticking around playing a game that leads you to have the kind of negative perceptions of it that you've displayed. Go find a game that delivers what you're after so you're not wasting your free time. 

 

I'm not going to disagree with your full point here. You are most certainly correct about free time and what R* has said.

 

What I question is though. Is how you expect a speakeasy is "experiencing life in the west"  ?

 

We have not even reached 1900 in the game. Prohibition and speakeasies did not come into effect until 1919. 10 years after RDR2 epilogue 2.

 

Obviously we'll have to see how they implement it, but a speakeasy would be more from the time traveller's time.  If we were talking about saloons or clandestine moonshine operations this would be different. But a speakeasy is a very specific place from a very specific time, created for a specific reason. In a game that prides itself in detail "oh look the horse poop and their balls change size", this seems like a HUGE miss to me.

 

It stinks of "cool and hip marketing ploy" .  GTA online could have speakeasies, those have come back in modern fashion to emulate the old. But RDR2 universe can't be that forward thinking. (I can't think.)

 

But I guess we'll have to see eh?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
areyouchappin
1 hour ago, Rokushakubo said:

They've only failed in meeting your expectations. RDO is performing better than GTAO did at this stage as of May this year and with the content added I'm sure that hasn't changed and whether you like it or not it has been R*'s intention to build the world up slowly. 

 

RDO is for people who love the world it's set in and find their own way of enjoying it, which R* is doing via roles. You're not going to get SP story telling in online and if you thought you were then that's why they have failed your expectations but not the game. R* have said they want us to experience life in the west, not depart on some amazing epic story to save the west from some villain or some sh*t. 

 

At the end of the day if the game is not doing it for you then move on. There's no point in sticking around playing a game that leads you to have the kind of negative perceptions of it that you've displayed. Go find a game that delivers what you're after so you're not wasting your free time. 

Oh man, well excuse me for expecting at least half of the writing prowess from Single Player but instead got about a quarter of that writing ability in RDO... YOU may love blindly grinding video games for no reason but that sh*t is boring to me.. I dont care how beautiful your game is or how nostalgic westerns make you feel. If you don't give me some type of incentive to keep playing, I'm just going to move on to another game that will. There are MANY other games out that have surpassed both RDR2 and RDO. The only thing that will draw me back is new content since there is nothing for me to do in RDO at the moment..

 

All R* had to do with RDO is create a story line that wasn't half-assed and rushed but they did exactly that and than scrambled each update to try to fix bugs, exploits, and kept adding game modes and clothing hardly anyone wanted. Even forced the Gold Bar store out in the middle of a Beta... if that didn't tell you R*s true plans for RDO.. than you're truly lost.

 

If R* wasn't going to put a legitimate story line behind RDO they should have just allowed the businesses/properties/items we could purchase in the future to be viewed but not bought just yet, that way I could see what I was working(and grinding for weeks) towards... because at this rate I'd be grinding and praying that R* releases something interesting enough for me to continue fetch quest after fetch quest until the next "big" update. (and they didn't allow anything to be viewed because they didn't have any future content fully created yet.. they were still finishing RDO all the way through the Beta period). When the three roles first dropped, the game was refreshed for me and I felt like I wasn't wasting time anymore. Then I completed the roles and was still okay with RDO for a bit but now they're releasing one role.. so I'm gonna grind that one role for the next few months.. what a terrible online game design.. truth is; I'll beat the Moonshiners role and then put RDR2 back on the shelf until R* releases more sh*t.

 

In GTAO, you could see the tanks, the planes, the helicopters, the apartments, the Property Signs, you knew there was something BIG to keep working towards...... so you're telling me I've piled up over $120,000 in RDO$ and 1050 Gold Bars and the best business I get to open up is a fking moonshine shack.... I'm as rich as Cornwall and I still have to clear my name? get the fk out of here.. R* is just being lazy and they can afford to now that the real hard work(RDR2) is done with.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PabtheFab
11 minutes ago, UnexpectedParole said:

 

I'm not going to disagree with your full point here. You are most certainly correct about free time and what R* has said.

 

What I question is though. Is how you expect a speakeasy is "experiencing life in the west"  ?

 

We have not even reached 1900 in the game. Prohibition and speakeasies did not come into effect until 1919. 10 years after RDR2 epilogue 2.

 

Obviously we'll have to see how they implement it, but a speakeasy would be more from the time traveller's time.  If we were talking about saloons or clandestine moonshine operations this would be different. But a speakeasy is a very specific place from a very specific time, created for a specific reason. In a game that prides itself in detail "oh look the horse poop and their balls change size", this seems like a HUGE miss to me.

 

It stinks of "cool and hip marketing ploy" .  GTA online could have speakeasies, those have come back in modern fashion to emulate the old. But RDR2 universe can't be that forward thinking. (I can't think.)

 

But I guess we'll have to see eh?

Even though people think of Prohibition when it's talked of Speakeasies, they existed before. 

 

From Wikipedia:

In the United States, the word emerged in the 1880s. The earliest recorded use is from an 1889 newspaper, "Unlicensed saloons in Pennsylvania are known as 'speak-easies'."  They were "so called because of the practice of speaking quietly about such a place in public, or when inside it, so as not to alert the police or neighbors". The term is reported to have originated with saloon owner Kate Hester, who ran an unlicensed bar in the 1880s in the Pittsburgh area town of McKeesport, Pennsylvania, often telling her rowdy customers to "speak easy" to avoid attention from authorities.

Edited by PabtheFab
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CMCSAVAGE
49 minutes ago, PabtheFab said:

Even though people think of Prohibition when it's talked of Speakeasies, they existed before. 

They would've saw that if they bothered to look at the last page.

Edited by CMCSAVAGE
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rokushakubo
44 minutes ago, UnexpectedParole said:

 

I'm not going to disagree with your full point here. You are most certainly correct about free time and what R* has said.

 

What I question is though. Is how you expect a speakeasy is "experiencing life in the west"  ?

 

We have not even reached 1900 in the game. Prohibition and speakeasies did not come into effect until 1919. 10 years after RDR2 epilogue 2.

 

Obviously we'll have to see how they implement it, but a speakeasy would be more from the time traveller's time.  If we were talking about saloons or clandestine moonshine operations this would be different. But a speakeasy is a very specific place from a very specific time, created for a specific reason. In a game that prides itself in detail "oh look the horse poop and their balls change size", this seems like a HUGE miss to me.

 

It stinks of "cool and hip marketing ploy" .  GTA online could have speakeasies, those have come back in modern fashion to emulate the old. But RDR2 universe can't be that forward thinking. (I can't think.)

 

But I guess we'll have to see eh?

 

As someone has noted, it's mentioned earlier historically. I think in general though, in a game with UFOs and vampires, a little liberty will be made in the realm of flawless historical accuracy and I'm ok with that. If you didn't look in the history books then you wouldn't think that making and selling booze illegally was beyond the realm of possibility in the timeframe of RDO.

 

39 minutes ago, areyouchappin said:

Oh man, well excuse me for expecting at least half of the writing prowess from Single Player but instead got about a quarter of that writing ability in RDO... YOU may love blindly grinding video games for no reason but that sh*t is boring to me.. I dont care how beautiful your game is or how nostalgic westerns make you feel. If you don't give me some type of incentive to keep playing, I'm just going to move on to another game that will. There are MANY other games out that have surpassed both RDR2 and RDO. The only thing that will draw me back is new content since there is nothing for me to do in RDO at the moment..

 

All R* had to do with RDO is create a story line that wasn't half-assed and rushed but they did exactly that and than scrambled each update to try to fix bugs, exploits, and kept adding game modes and clothing hardly anyone wanted. Even forced the Gold Bar store out in the middle of a Beta... if that didn't tell you R*s true plans for RDO.. than you're truly lost.

 

If R* wasn't going to put a legitimate story line behind RDO they should have just allowed the businesses/properties/items we could purchase in the future to be viewed but not bought just yet, that way I could see what I was working(and grinding for weeks) towards... because at this rate I'd be grinding and praying that R* releases something interesting enough for me to continue fetch quest after fetch quest until the next "big" update. (and they didn't allow anything to be viewed because they didn't have any future content fully created yet.. they were still finishing RDO all the way through the Beta period). When the three roles first dropped, the game was refreshed for me and I felt like I wasn't wasting time anymore. Then I completed the roles and was still okay with RDO for a bit but now they're releasing one role.. so I'm gonna grind that one role for the next few months.. what a terrible online game design.. truth is; I'll beat the Moonshiners role and then put RDR2 back on the shelf until R* releases more sh*t.

 

In GTAO, you could see the tanks, the planes, the helicopters, the apartments, the Property Signs, you knew there was something BIG to keep working towards...... so you're telling me I've piled up over $120,000 in RDO$ and 1050 Gold Bars and the best business I get to open up is a fking moonshine shack.... I'm as rich as Cornwall and I still have to clear my name? get the fk out of here.. R* is just being lazy and they can afford to now that the real hard work(RDR2) is done with.

GTAO didn't have half of the writing prowess of SP in online. I never went into RDO expecting massive story elements. I expected to start a character that could evolve over time set in the same world and that's what I got. 

 

I don't disagree when you say the story elements of RDO suck, they do, but I never expected that when I invested my time in the game. I have an ASD so I don't mind mindless grinding, infact I find the accrual of wealth while roaming the RDO world really relaxing but I can sympathise with people who need more.

 

I just don't agree that RDO is screwed and beyond repair like you initially stated. I think you're expecting too much for a game that is a year old when R* have said they're deliberately slowly developing the world. If that doesn't agree with you then simply enjoy one of the games you said has surpassed RDR2. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
areyouchappin
39 minutes ago, Rokushakubo said:

GTAO didn't have half of the writing prowess of SP in online. I never went into RDO expecting massive story elements. I expected to start a character that could evolve over time set in the same world and that's what I got. 

I didn't think GTAO had that much better story writing but it was more compared to RDO.. I helped Madrazo, Gerald, Lamar, Simeon and more long before Michael, Franklin, or Trevor had to help them in the future.. I felt included.. I felt like my online character was just like the trio from the Story line. And as the DLC Packs continued, we got closer to the timeline of GTA5 completing heists, buying yachts, etc until we surpassed it with Doomsday and Casino. Obviously this took a long time in the making, but judging by RDO's pace right now it could be another half of a year before we can even see a true plot formulated. I wasn't expecting EXACTLY this type of plot for RDO but at least GTAO was creative about the grind they were forcing on you.

 

Quote

I don't disagree when you say the story elements of RDO suck, they do, but I never expected that when I invested my time in the game. I have an ASD so I don't mind mindless grinding, infact I find the accrual of wealth while roaming the RDO world really relaxing but I can sympathise with people who need more.

If you like the game, please by all means, do not let me stop you. I'm simply voicing(venting) my frustrations with the game. I love story. It's the entire purpose of life... every one wakes up, goes to work, does chores, goes to bed. It's why and how we're doing all those things that truly matters to me.

 

Quote

I just don't agree that RDO is screwed and beyond repair like you initially stated. I think you're expecting too much for a game that is a year old when R* have said they're deliberately slowly developing the world. If that doesn't agree with you then simply enjoy one of the games you said has surpassed RDR2. 

And I have been enjoying other games but once R* launches new stuff, I'll pop on, finish it and move on once again. I know they were slowing this process down but they could have at least made it interesting instead of saying "ok, here's some stuff to grind for several months with the only purpose is gaining money for a completely uncertain future we have in store for you."

 

You see, I'm loaded... I've killed thousands of animals.... I've delivered hundreds of wagons and bounties.... I've opened a lot of treasure maps... I've done everything this game has to offer ten times over now. And I'm going to have to continue to do this, over and over all so I can gain more money and gold for things.... I dont even know what I'm going to spend it on...? 

 

I guess I'm really sorry that I expected more from an incredibly talented company such as R*

 

R* has taken so long, I'm going to be able to buy up everything they drop. Unless it's ridiculously priced. And then continue to make money.. I have officially beat this game if the entire plot is based on Money and Gold Bars... and I didn't buy a single Gold Bar from the store or use one exploit... I've bought a sh*t ton of stuff too, multiple horses, outfits, clothes, accessories, add-ons all because there was nothing else to do. There just isn't enough content in this game to occupy my money making. Basically, I have to stop gaining money so this game can become a challenge again... it has became end game GTAO in the first phase of its life.. so yes, it has failed in my eyes

Edited by areyouchappin
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1898
8 hours ago, fryday said:

 

this. its 2019, and there are tons of videos on youtube, why taking a risk?

Well in my defense, the home was in a nice neighborhood and if memory serves even had a pool in the backyard so I figured the interior would be somewhat liveable but lesson learned. From there I lived solely in my MC clubhouse, never even bought an apartment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nerfgoth
5 hours ago, areyouchappin said:

Yeah LeClerk says that sh*t but then guns down Amos Lancing and his goons in the middle of Blackwater. Which would have completely ruined any chances of us clearing our names.. In fact, I think killing Amos in public view during a civil meeting only solidified to the public and the courts that she and her husband were up to no good. Unless some magical journal entry or court document appears that exonerates everyone in one fell swoop(which I'm sure Jeremiah Shaw or some other lackey conveniently has waiting for us).

 

The writers of the Single Player have all left the building, now all we get is Role updates which are the equivalent to DLC Packs from GTAO.

Don´t forget the Marshall that we help!

 

Those maybe have left the building but maybe they hired some new writers....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CMCSAVAGE
19 minutes ago, 1898 said:

Well in my defense, the home was in a nice neighborhood and if memory serves even had a pool in the backyard so I figured the interior would be somewhat liveable but lesson learned.

4 Hangman Ave, didn't even have to look it up lol. It has the same interior as every 6 car garage apt, but it does have a pool.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rokushakubo
1 hour ago, areyouchappin said:

I didn't think GTAO had that much better story writing but it was more compared to RDO.. I helped Madrazo, Gerald, Lamar, Simeon and more long before Michael, Franklin, or Trevor had to help them in the future.. I felt included.. I felt like my online character was just like the trio from the Story line. And as the DLC Packs continued, we got closer to the timeline of GTA5 completing heists, buying yachts, etc until we surpassed it with Doomsday and Casino. Obviously this took a long time in the making, but judging by RDO's pace right now it could be another half of a year before we can even see a true plot formulated. I wasn't expecting EXACTLY this type of plot for RDO but at least GTAO was creative about the grind they were forcing on you.

 

If you like the game, please by all means, do not let me stop you. I'm simply voicing(venting) my frustrations with the game. I love story. It's the entire purpose of life... every one wakes up, goes to work, does chores, goes to bed. It's why and how we're doing all those things that truly matters to me.

 

And I have been enjoying other games but once R* launches new stuff, I'll pop on, finish it and move on once again. I know they were slowing this process down but they could have at least made it interesting instead of saying "ok, here's some stuff to grind for several months with the only purpose is gaining money for a completely uncertain future we have in store for you."

 

You see, I'm loaded... I've killed thousands of animals.... I've delivered hundreds of wagons and bounties.... I've opened a lot of treasure maps... I've done everything this game has to offer ten times over now. And I'm going to have to continue to do this, over and over all so I can gain more money and gold for things.... I dont even know what I'm going to spend it on...? 

 

I guess I'm really sorry that I expected more from an incredibly talented company such as R*

 

R* has taken so long, I'm going to be able to buy up everything they drop. Unless it's ridiculously priced. And then continue to make money.. I have officially beat this game if the entire plot is based on Money and Gold Bars... and I didn't buy a single Gold Bar from the store or use one exploit... I've bought a sh*t ton of stuff too, multiple horses, outfits, clothes, accessories, add-ons all because there was nothing else to do. There just isn't enough content in this game to occupy my money making. Basically, I have to stop gaining money so this game can become a challenge again... it has became end game GTAO in the first phase of its life.. so yes, it has failed in my eyes

Play some of those games and come back later. I'm in the same boat as you; I have all abilities maxed, camp maxed, all pamphlets, all stable slots unlocked, all role related tools and wagons and $215,000 and 850 gold. If the content pace and economy stays as it is I have enough for 1-2 years of content without grinding another dollar. I have thought about playing Death Stranding and other games but I don't like investing time in a closed game. That's why I like RDO because even though I grind money I don't need, there's no end in sight for the content and I know it'll keep coming. 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowlessDevil
On 12/8/2019 at 11:22 AM, areyouchappin said:

This moon-shining sh*t IS new content but it's given to us in the exact same way everything else has been given to the players. RDO is an online western game about fetch questing, plain and simple. All I've done in this game since the beginning is fetch quests, go deliver this, go pick up that, go kill him, go bring her back, there is little to no reason to do any of this besides getting paid for it, there is hardly an online story narrative that should have set up a foundation for WHY we were doing all this boring ass hunting and fetching for over a year now... Where is the great story telling from Single Player? because now I don't care about a single NPC or Mission giver in RDO. They are all lifeless. F'k most of the god damn map is lifeless besides the same handful of animals/random events respawning everywhere. There are a lot of empty homesteads and farms, the only places that seem like they are "alive" are the very few major towns in the game.

 

The player customization is minimal, we're still very restricted in what we can do with our appearance and clothing and about the best color choices we get is black, brown, or white.. everything else is trapped inside an "outfit" or it's this flamboyant over-the-top clothing that I honestly expected from a Saints Row game not R*. Horses are cool and all but there is hardly any customization to them. I see the same horses and ugly ass saddles EVERYWHERE because they are "the best items to have."

 

R* has screwed this game up beyond repair, and they know it. That's why they are simply slow rolling the players and putting out this mediocre content over and over again.

So, why are you still playing the game? 🤔🙄

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowlessDevil
12 hours ago, Rokushakubo said:

They've only failed in meeting your expectations. RDO is performing better than GTAO did at this stage as of May this year and with the content added I'm sure that hasn't changed and whether you like it or not it has been R*'s intention to build the world up slowly. 

 

RDO is for people who love the world it's set in and find their own way of enjoying it, which R* is doing via roles. You're not going to get SP story telling in online and if you thought you were then that's why they have failed your expectations but not the game. R* have said they want us to experience life in the west, not depart on some amazing epic story to save the west from some villain or some sh*t. 

 

At the end of the day if the game is not doing it for you then move on. There's no point in sticking around playing a game that leads you to have the kind of negative perceptions of it that you've displayed. Go find a game that delivers what you're after so you're not wasting your free time. 

Very well said!  Never understood why people who "supposedly" stopped playing this game still bitch and moan about it. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Danish Crusader
6 hours ago, ShadowlessDevil said:

Very well said!  Never understood why people who "supposedly" stopped playing this game still bitch and moan about it. 

Everybody needs a hobby =P

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
areyouchappin

@ShadowlessDevil @Danish Crusader

 

hmm or maybe it's because this game is actually fun and I do enjoy it.. when there is sh*t to do. And that's why I'm here.. because they are adding new content this week.

 

never once have I criticized this game for the features in the game, ironically I've complained about the lack of content, and maybe the CLOTHING, the bugs, and the direction R* has went with RDO(minimal online story, MTX etc)

I love playing this game.. lol you think I accrued a fking fortune while suffering through the game? I enjoyed it up to a certain point(one month ago to be exact).

 

I don't have any problems with RDO besides what I've mentioned above(ugly clothing, bugs/errors, lack of content, and R*/TT's business schemes).. and mainly not having sh*t to do(on top of having no real purpose in the game..) really turns me off... but I do apologize if my opinions offend anyone.

Edited by areyouchappin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CMCSAVAGE

Outlaw Pass 2, rank 70 in less than a minute...:O

Spoiler

ELmjRdBWoAE-9u3?format=jpg&name=large

giphy.gif

Edited by CMCSAVAGE
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Waingro

All they need to do is integrate the camp and posse better for players to craft some of their own stories. Regardless of any RDO storytelling or fetch mission givers, if there was more sand box play available for posse's, or posse specific missions (and mission givers) you would have a more cohesive "life in the west". Right now, everyone is a bounty hunter, collector, trader, and moonshiner all at the same time. Also everyone get out of f*cking party chat that would help too. 

 

  • Shouldn't we all be bounty hunting each other's illegal stills at this point?
  • Wouldn't the treasures found be worthless since there's so many collectors?
  • Why not use the morality bar to provide variety and limit role choices? Then, if you wish to change roles, there's a Goldbar paywall and not everyone is everything at once.
  • Rockstar doesnt want players to make hard choices and they can't get out of their own hand holding way.
    • Maybe Casino Heist will show the future in terms of decision making for RDO, I don't know. 

 

Edited by Waingro
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smellyrat9
On 12/9/2019 at 8:14 PM, ShadowlessDevil said:

So, why are you still playing the game? 🤔🙄

That's a dumb argument imo, people complain about the game because they care and want it to improve, if they didn't care for the game they would have moved along already. People need to stop making invalid points like this, it's very immature and it's called ergo decedo, it's an informal fallacy.

Edited by smellyrat9
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Shakermaker

Any guess when it'll be downloadable tomorow? Got work about half nine (gmt). Maybe squeeze in an hour before I start, after I vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason
5 minutes ago, The Shakermaker said:

Any guess when it'll be downloadable tomorow? Got work about half nine (gmt). Maybe squeeze in an hour before I start, after I vote.

Gonna take a wild guess and say never.

 

(it's out on the 13th, GTAO update is tomorrow)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
executor404

I believe around 11am ET

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BZXC32

“You’ll also work with Maggie through a series of story missions to be played solo or cooperatively as you help her get revenge on those who tried to take her down”

 

so what happens with the story missions with jessica leclerk and horley etc. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PabtheFab
12 minutes ago, BZXC32 said:

“You’ll also work with Maggie through a series of story missions to be played solo or cooperatively as you help her get revenge on those who tried to take her down”

 

so what happens with the story missions with jessica leclerk and horley etc. ?

We'll see... 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AStiffBreeze
2 hours ago, BZXC32 said:

“You’ll also work with Maggie through a series of story missions to be played solo or cooperatively as you help her get revenge on those who tried to take her down”

 

so what happens with the story missions with jessica leclerk and horley etc. ?

I assume we’ll find out in a different DLC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason

If I recall it was implied that they (the characters) were going to lay low for a while after the last mission involving them, so I figure they'll be back at some point.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stupidis

When are the twitch prime thingies usually released? Neither RDO or GTAO are available yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.