Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. DLC
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
      7. The Diamond Casino Heist
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

lost-in-emotions

Casual Things for Lonesone Wolf?

Recommended Posts

Labovasha
6 hours ago, rusbeckia said:

 Any more confirmation needed mate?

No need. I already explained and I will say it again. This is why I show little respect. A huge chunk of online r*game fans seem to be stupid or irrational (not all) and these sort of responses just confirm my opinion.
 

Are you going to address anything I said about the subject? I made some points about the free roam mechanics and I even took the effort to respond to what you said when you changed the subject after bringing up story missions..

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xtf

I've read through your initial rambling again and the main issue appears to be that you believe free roam is heavily skewed to PvP, which is not the way alot of us are playing. You are experiencing a heavy PvP game because you are choosing to be hostile, you do not need to shoot every other player you meet and the majority of players I run into are not hostile. 

You say personal experience doesn't matter (actually you said it does matter but in the context you said it I believe it was another mis-type) but then you base your whole arguement on the way you choose to play. I've had one player take a shot at me in free roam in the last 2 months and because I play in defensive, I just turned round and killed him. After that he didn't bother me again. I've seen no disadvantage to playing defensively and when I am required to go into offence I've found most players leave me alone. Now you can argue this is anecdotal (or anecdotals as you put it) but you are doing exactly the same thing, just because you believe something to be true does not make it fact and everones experience can differ. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Labovasha

Xtf, if you read what I said then you are being very disingenuous. You flat out lied because I did not base my argument around the way I played. Not once did I put my own anecdotal experience or personal thoughts.You are also ignoring all nuance to prove a biased point..

Second time I'm going to say this.Personal play experiences are POINTLESS because anyone can contradict you. I constantly see fire fights and sometimes get shot near black water and saint denis. Does not matter.

 

What I did do was state facts about how the game functions in free roam mode. The games reward system only recognizes PVP interactions with dealing with strangers on jobs and it punishes players who avoid PVP. Again these are facts. If any of this is wrong then point it out.

-The staple archetype is preset just like GTAO. You are a hired gun with plenty of enemies. This is the narrative. RDO is not a RP game.

-It's a combat centric game first, This is reinforced by the ability cards which nearly all are centered around combat performance.

-The overwhelming majority of the mission content is unplayable in defensive mode.

-^^The overwhelming majority of missions will tell you that you will have to disable defensive mode if you want to participate

-You get less rewards if you do certain task in defensive mode.

-When you see another player on a mission they are classified as a rival. 

-Any instructions provided on screen will tell you to attack random players performing task regardless if they are delivering mail or being hounded by bad guys.

-Defensive mode does not prevent "griefing" , just makes it harder to get kills.

-Parley only applies to specific offenders, for TEN MINUTES.

-PVP is just part of the game and there is no option to avoid it completely meaning no private lobbies, no PVE lobbies, and no Coop play outside of story missions.

-It does not have a persistent game world. Game is designed to have no repercussions for doing task, especially killing any doing.It's designed to be a frag fest when a player or large groups interact. 

 

 

None of this has to do with the way any of us play the game, this just what RDO is.

 

Almost forgot: the topic was about lone wolfing. That's why I didn't bother with the comments about posse play when that previous idiot brought it up.

I should of been more clear and pointed out that r* intentionally sh*ts on solo players with their game design( just like post patch GTAO) because some of missions are designed for groups specifically and the game offers no "posse disabled" free roam lobbie options. But just because you can form groups does not meant the game is not pushing PVP. If that were true then the game would offer rewards for friendly playstyleslyes.

 

 

Edited by Labovasha
edit
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fryday
6 minutes ago, Labovasha said:

Xtf, if you read what I said then you are being very disingenuous. You flat out lied because I did not base my argument around the way I played. Not once did I put my own anecdotal experience or personal thoughts.You are also ignoring all nuance to prove a biased point..

Second time I'm going to say this.Personal play experiences are POINTLESS because anyone can contradict you. I constantly see fire fights and sometimes get shot near black water and saint denis. Does not matter.

 

What I did do was state facts about how the game functions in free roam mode. The games reward system only recognizes PVP interactions with dealing with strangers on jobs and it punishes players who avoid PVP. Again these are facts. If any of this is wrong then point it out.

-The staple archetype is preset just like GTAO. You are a hired gun with plenty of enemies. This is the narrative. RDO is not a RP game.

-It's a combat centric game first, This is reinforced by the ability cards which nearly all are centered around combat performance.

-The overwhelming majority of the mission content is unplayable in defensive mode.

-^^The overwhelming majority of missions will tell you that you will have to disable defensive mode if you want to participate

-You get less rewards if you do certain task in defensive mode.

-When you see another player on a mission they are classified as a rival. 

-Any instructions provided on screen will tell you to attack random players performing task regardless if they are delivering mail or being hounded by bad guys.

-Defensive mode does not prevent "griefing" , just makes it harder to get kills.

-Parley only applies to specific offenders, for TEN MINUTES.

-PVP is just part of the game and there is no option to avoid it completely meaning no private lobbies, no PVE lobbies, and no Coop play outside of story missions.

-It does not have a persistent game world. Game is designed to have no repercussions for doing task, especially killing any doing.It's designed to be a frag fest when a player or large groups interact. 

 

 

None of this has to do with the way any of us play the game, this just what RDO is.

 

 

 

 

 

"no coop play outside of story missions"....

 

stranger missions are coop play

trader missions are coop play

bounty hunter missions are coop play

collector role could be player coop

random encounters are coop play

enemy gang camps are coop play

hunting contains coop play

even if you take a pause from shooting the whole world is a huge coop experience if you are riding around with a buddy and enjoying the nature :D

 

you are still heavily wrong and arguing everybody in this thread. its time for self reflexation my friend....

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nugsy
2 minutes ago, fryday said:

 

 

"no coop play outside of story missions"....

 

stranger missions are coop play

trader missions are coop play

bounty hunter missions are coop play

collector role could be player coop

random encounters are coop play

enemy gang camps are coop play

hunting contains coop play

even if you take a pause from shooting the whole world is a huge coop experience if you are riding around with a buddy and enjoying the nature :D

 

you are still heavily wrong and arguing everybody in this thread. its time for self reflexation my friend....

 

It's cruel to point that out.

She obviously has no friends.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Labovasha
26 minutes ago, fryday said:

 

 

"no coop play outside of story missions"....

 

stranger missions are coop play

trader missions are coop play

bounty hunter missions are coop play

collector role could be player coop

random encounters are coop play

enemy gang camps are coop play

hunting contains coop play

even if you take a pause from shooting the whole world is a huge coop experience if you are riding around with a buddy and enjoying the nature :D

 

you are still heavily wrong and arguing everybody in this thread. its time for self reflexation my friend....

 

Not only did you take that quote out of context where I was referring to structured modes that the game recognized in free roam but you intentionally stopped all nuance and call the game play coop just because it has the potential to be played with friendly players.

Hey did you know you can drink gas when you thirst for water? technically it's true.

 

Those such as stranger missions can be played with posses yes but it still classifies you as rivals to be attacked by other players.

Attacking gang camps and random battles with your buddy wont prevent you from being killed by other players. Now you can potentially run into a player who participates in killing the bandits but again you will always be open to be PVPed. Again PVP is just part of rdo.

Collector role is not coop, that's just a side activity you can do.

Never got to try bounty hunter but I'm assuming bounty hunters works like other missions meaning its coop in the sense that you play with a posses and does not prevent others from shooting you. I might be wrong but I will have to check for myself because biased knuckle draggers alway lie here or tell a half truth at best. This was about lone wolves anyways

Hunting like bonnies missions? It's "coop" in a preset group yes but the OP said solo players. But I previously say there are missions that can be done in defensive mode and I never said nothing could be done with friendly players

Just because you can potentially help another player in a hide out does not mean its a  coop mode or event. 

If anyone is wrong here its you because you misused the label when it's being applied to a video game. Coop means it's structured with cooperation in mind where other players are friendly. As far as I know stuff like gang hide outs just recognize that you started an activity, the game does not care about what the random player is doing, you can still shoot at them so my statement still stands true.

The first rdo had free roam coop as a selectable game mode where players were defaulted as friendly and the interactions revolved around this so when you did a gang hide out it would give you shared prompts and treat you as a team.

 

You literally just talked beside the issue and nothing you said contradicts my previous post. The majority of stranger missions force the defensive flag off. That was the point.

https://i.ibb.co/0ZQJMCr/evv.png

Again none of what you said refutes the fact that when you activate missions you are open to PVP and stuff like deliveries mark you as hostile automatically 

27 minutes ago, Nugsy said:

It's cruel to point that out.

She obviously has no friends.

First of all, shared account.

What would that have to do with anything?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.