• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yoječ

• sivispacem

• Wolf68k

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So a 1650 Super is "recommended spec". That's for 1080p high with no RT, but for what FPS nobody really knows. You're basically between minimum and recommended so I'd probably try Medium to start and

Today Chrome stopped displaying most text and a few images, don't think I did anything out of the ordinary on my end to cause this  - tried disable extensions, clearing cache and cookies, reinstalling

Adobe Acrobat is for PDF, IIRC. If you aren't making PDF files and use something else for viewing them, like Chrome, you probably don't need it running on the background. Adobe Genuine is most likely

There's a major bug that's been plaguing Windows 10 users with Realtek soundcards for almost a year now. I seemed to have solved mine by installing the audio driver on the motherboard manufacturer's site but for some reason Windows decided to install a sh*ttier older version of the driver during some update and thus bringing the bug back. Has anyone else experienced sound problems on Windows 10? How did you solve them?

I am really starting to hate Microsoft right now. They had a lot of time to solve this but the bug is still there for a lot of people. Just Google "Windows 10 distorted sound" and you are bound to find Realtek users having this problem.

You can flag the update so it doesnt show (or install) again in windows update if it causes problems

How can I create a donation link where people can donate me ?

Would be better if the site accepts all currency and is available in all countries.

Use Paypal https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal-payments-standard/ht_pps-donateButton/ You probably need a verified paypal account to use it

Edited by dice

It may not be the update. I think I didn't install the driver properly so the date still says 7/7/2015 even though the manufacturer's driver is at least one month newer. I'll try to install it in safe mode.

Edit: f*ck it. Nothing works. The sound is f*cking f*cked.

Edit 2: The generic HD audio driver works better but it may not be perfect. This might be Gigabyte's fault after all.

Edited by Kristian.

You can flag the update so it doesnt show (or install) again in windows update if it causes problems

How can I create a donation link where people can donate me ?

Would be better if the site accepts all currency and is available in all countries.

Use Paypal https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal-payments-standard/ht_pps-donateButton/ You probably need a verified paypal account to use it

In PayPal can I have a link which will redirect people to donation ?

I will post it as a link on Facebook

I found an external audio interface that suits my needs which will replace my on-board audio (it's one that Imageline recommends for basic FL Studio recording and playback): http://us.focusrite.com/usb-audio-interfaces/scarlett-2i2

The output is two 1/4 jacks. My 2.1 speakers are RCA only. Will a RCA to 1/4 jack converter cable work?

Edit: Something like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2m-Twin-6-35mm-1-4-inch-MONO-Jack-Plugs-to-RCA-Phono-Plugs-OFC-Audio-Cable-0073-/191478730752?hash=item2c95059000:g:hYQAAOSwxYxUvRhz

Edited by Kristian.

Yes it will work. If you have any spare jacks lying around you can make the cables yourself, you just cut the cable in half, tie both grounds and positives together and cover up with some isolate tape. Works even with stereo jacks, if you wire the correct wires together

The audio interface output is TRS 1/4 balanced but according to the manual it supports TS unbalanced, which is the cable in that ebay auction. I bought that since it was only 2 pounds.

Anyone got any recommendations regarding case fans? As part of my rebuild I'm hoping to ditch the two standard Corsair ones in my C70. I'm looking for something quiet that still produces good airflow, not too bothered on price but I'd like to avoid buying £20 fans if I can. No poo brown Noctuas as they're going to be visible.

I'm thinking the Coolink SWiF2-120 as they're cheap, quiet and will suit my black-and-acid-green colour scheme well. Or possibly Corsair AF120 Quiet Editions.

What about the Noctua industrial ones?

They don't do a low RPM case fan offering to the best of my knowledge. I've already got IndustrialPPC 2000rpm static pressure fans on my H100i. I suppose you could always limit the RPM via PWM though.

Also, over £20 a piece and blowing £65 on case fans makes me a bit sad.

-

Ended up buying two SP120 Quiet Editions, I'll spray the fan surrounds green.

I don't understand Noctua's business strategy, imagine how many more fans they'd sell if they weren't that horrible brown colour. Is it a tradition they feel they have to keep going simply because?

Edited by Andreaz1

Considering cutting the LED's out of my fans but I don't wanna break them. It's fine at daytime or when the lights are on but when they're off and you're chilling they light the room up like a f*cking rave party.

thenagain we all know blue led's reduce temps >:)

Nah they're built into the fans. The problem is mostly the case as you can see here since there's top fan mounts it lets the light out.

CXfQSjtWcAAgvak.jpgCXfQSj-WcAAAIK7.jpg

I could buy some new ones and swap them out but I'd rather get all my network stuff (which hopefully the cables and switch will arrive tomorrow or saturday) sorted first along with the cable management in the case; you can kind of see the 4pin and 24pin running straight up the gpu since they were too short so I ordered extensions.

So my braided cables came today and I did a bit of a rearrange.

Before

Ao8Klotl.jpg

After

qd8X9xMl.jpg

Pretty pleased with how it turned out apart from one thing- the bloody H100i leads. There's one for Corsair Link, one for the CPU fan header and a splitter for the Noctua fans and I've got literally no idea how best to hide them away. Anyone else with an H100i got any tips or bright ideas? Or anyone more generally?

That's not a bad shout. I'll play around with that or, failing it, try and bundle them down the middle so all four cables at least look like they go somewhere together.

If they're long enough maybe run them up inbetween the RAM dimms on the left? or maybe around the mosfet heatsink or something.

Think I've found a workaround for this using a 30cm fan extension cable connected to the CPU fan header. Plug the 3-pin into the end of that and I can loop the CPU header and pump power cables round through the grommet on the top left, along with the USB and fans.

Is the as us r9 390 better than the GTX 980? I'm thinking of building a new PC but confused on this. And for processors within $500 should I go for AMD or Intel?

No, it's not. They're roughly a GTX970 competitor; faster at resolutions above 1080p due to more memory but much less efficient and with constant driver foibles that dent performance.

Don't buy an AMD processor. For gaming you'd best be served by a 6600K i5.

Still f*cking my head figuring out what to get to run IRC bots 24/7. My first choice was this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HP-HSTNC-0007-TC-t5325-thin-client-computer-ref-650-/311488566932?hash=item48862a5694:g:urwAAOSwiwVWTdeb

Marvell ARM 1.2GHz, 512MB RAM and 512 flash. Was hoping to buy a SATA enclosure and use an old 160gb drive to install Windows on and I like this one since it's silent and all it'll do is run two instances of mIRC 24/7 but I don't know if you can get Windows on it. It's Linux based so I could theoretically use Wine to run mIRC but I don't know how well that'd perform. Really like this one though since it's silent, decent-ish specs (for a bot anyway) and it'll fit nice on my desk next to the ethernet switch.

Second choice was this old Dell:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dell-Dimension-4300-PC-computer-tower-SPARES-OR-REPAIR-ref-480-/151824588978?hash=item23597360b2:g:7ngAAOSwiLdV~~8e

Intel P4 1.6GHz, 256MB of ram and I think a Geforce 3 64MB. This one would be better to setup since it's an actual desktop and all I'd need to do is throw in an old drive and it'll work but then it'll make noise and take up space.

Any other suggestions? Trying to keep it cheap hence why they're both a tenner lol.