Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

ShadowlessDevil

Max Gun Oil

Recommended Posts

ShadowlessDevil

Is there a way to purchase maximum gun oil instead of always clicking on "buy"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LooseCanon

No

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hotrats773

I log into the RDR Online catalog via my web browser (phone or PC works) and buy stuff in bulk there. Gun oil can be topped out as well. If you do "Quick Buy" the arrows will increase the amount up to how many you can hold.

 

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/rdr2/catalogue/online/categories/sporting-goods-and-guns?page=3

 

IAmhZuL.jpg

 

Edited by hotrats773

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowlessDevil

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LooseCanon

I stand corrected 😆

 

never seen that before 🤷🏼‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hotrats773
1 hour ago, LooseCanon said:

I stand corrected 😆

 

never seen that before 🤷🏼‍♂️

:)

I forget about this feature sometimes. It's so much more convenient that wandering from cabin to cabin trying to find this stuff. I'm lazy and have money so it's fun to sit on my couch and shop from RDRAmazon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Krommer
5 hours ago, ShadowlessDevil said:

Is there a way to purchase maximum gun oil instead of always clicking on "buy"

 

Yes, at the fence. (if you want an in game option.)

 

You can hold down the X (not the a) To "Buy Max" (which it says, when in the vendor, on Xbox at least.)

 

So I'm 30/30.

 

(just checked again in game, it is near the bottom of the list)

 

Only noticed when Frontier Pursuit made me rich, looking for the recipes I did not have yet; Then I saw "Buy MAX", by gun oil. "WHAT? Been trying to do that at the regular vendors/catalog!"

 

So a good reason to use a fence, besides just selling those gold teeth that pile up ;)

Edited by Krommer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hotrats773
10 hours ago, Krommer said:

 

Yes, at the fence. (if you want an in game option.)

 

You can hold down the X (not the a) To "Buy Max" (which it says, when in the vendor, on Xbox at least.)

 

So I'm 30/30.

 

(just checked again in game, it is near the bottom of the list)

 

Only noticed when Frontier Pursuit made me rich, looking for the recipes I did not have yet; Then I saw "Buy MAX", by gun oil. "WHAT? Been trying to do that at the regular vendors/catalog!"

 

So a good reason to use a fence, besides just selling those gold teeth that pile up ;)

I think the main difference between our two techniques is that from the catalog, you can top out at 99 gun oils. The fence only allows 20/20 unfortunately. It's weird why there's a difference but then again, R* logic.

 

4awpbkI.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ghoffman9

You can also use the in-game catalogue to max out gun oil. You can purchase a maximum of 99 and can be accessed at any post office or at the lockbox found at your camp.

Quickest way to access it in the catalogue without thumbing through a bunch of pages is going to the "Horses & Tack" section and turning left one page and it will be right there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4eyedcoupe
2 minutes ago, Ghoffman9 said:

You can also use the in-game catalogue to max out gun oil. You can purchase a maximum of 99 and can be accessed at any post office or at the lockbox found at your camp.

Quickest way to access it in the catalogue without thumbing through a bunch of pages is going to the "Horses & Tack" section and turning left one page and it will be right there.

Right, but in the catalog you have to buy one at a time and have to keep clicking on "buy" over and over until full unlike ammo where you can just simply hold the button to buy the max amount.  I believe OP is asking if there is a "buy max" option like ammo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ghoffman9
9 minutes ago, 4eyedcoupe said:

Right, but in the catalog you have to buy one at a time and have to keep clicking on "buy" over and over until full unlike ammo where you can just simply hold the button to buy the max amount.  I believe OP is asking if there is a "buy max" option like ammo.

Actually there is, I just discovered a method after looking at my personal catalogue. If you hold down the buy button it will turn into a buy all option. It begins to complete the circle thing and shows you how much the total costs to give you time to let go of the button. Problem solved. Wish I looked into it sooner actually.

Edited by Ghoffman9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4eyedcoupe
17 minutes ago, Ghoffman9 said:

Actually there is, I just discovered a method after looking at my personal catalogue. If you hold down the buy button it will turn into a buy all option. It begins to complete the circle thing and shows you how much the total costs to give you time to let go of the button. Problem solved. Wish I looked into it sooner actually.

For gun oil though???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ghoffman9
5 minutes ago, 4eyedcoupe said:

For gun oil though???

I'd imagine so, it does it for everything else I scrolled over. Hold it down, circle begins to fill, buy changes into "buy max" and next to that is the total cost you would be paying.

For example I bought 431 shotgun slugs at one time by holding down the button.

Edited by Ghoffman9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4eyedcoupe
3 minutes ago, Ghoffman9 said:

I'd imagine so, it does it for everything else I scrolled over. Hold it down, circle begins to fill, buy changes into "buy max" and next to that is the total cost you would be paying.

Try gun oil though because there isn't an option, which is why OP is asking.  We are aware you can do it for other things

.

Edited by 4eyedcoupe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ghoffman9
1 minute ago, 4eyedcoupe said:

Try gun oil though because there isn't an option, which is why OP is asking.

Getting ready to take a bath so I will check that in 20 minute or so.

Edited by Ghoffman9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ghoffman9

Appears thats not the case, no idea why. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Failed Again

Fence will allow max gun oil purchase

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AStiffBreeze
4 hours ago, Failed Again said:

Fence will allow max gun oil purchase

To 20 (max you can carry) or 99 (max in catalog) though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Failed Again
13 minutes ago, AStiffBreeze said:

To 20 (max you can carry) or 99 (max in catalog) though?

I hit X for max..correct so yeah- I guess it's different than catalogue max--Unless Arlen is dealing Black-market trade 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AStiffBreeze
7 minutes ago, Failed Again said:

I hit X for max..correct so yeah- I guess it's different than catalogue max--Unless Arlen is dealing Black-market trade 

Yeah @hotrats773‘s method is the way to go to save yourself ever having to visit the Fence or save yourself waiting for the in-game catalog’s “processing”.

 

I use this link: 

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/rdr2/catalogue/online/products/14702280

 

I hope we get a gun oil pamphlet at some stage, outside of ammo it’s the only thing I regularly buy.

Edited by AStiffBreeze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZakeBudek

Don't keep it topped off, you'll pickup/loot about 50% of your gun oil needs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
C.E.Bolton

Does it use one oil per cleaning even if your weapon isnt completely dirty? Ive never noticed and now im curious.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AStiffBreeze
1 hour ago, ZakeBudek said:

Don't keep it topped off, you'll pickup/loot about 50% of your gun oil needs.

Even with the two you can find at Blackwater, I go through them way faster than that. My bolt action and pump action need oil after nearly every mission, even with leather wraps. 

 

23 minutes ago, C.E.Bolton said:

Does it use one oil per cleaning even if your weapon isnt completely dirty? Ive never noticed and now im curious.

 

Yep. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Krommer
19 hours ago, hotrats773 said:

I think the main difference between our two techniques is that from the catalog, you can top out at 99 gun oils

 

Whoah, holy cats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.