4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

The next Rockstar Game is appearently going to be an medieval game

Shanki

GrungeNinja

The community world gaming hungers for a competent medieval game, there is not a single one "really good" online , and a medieval game from R* would be awesome. Imagine how big they can go, Romans, Saxons, Vikings, Arabs.

• Like 1
ThatBenGuy

I honestly think a R* game set in the Middle Ages would be AWESOME! I would in deed be the first to buy it due to my love for history! It would breathe a lot and I mean A LOT of fresh air into the series! I honestly think it would be cool if you got to play as a Viking in it and do the same stuff that you do in GTA or RDR, only you’re a Viking! I’m SO excited for this game! It might as well become my new favorite non-GTA R* game! :D

• Like 2
cp1dell
On 11/25/2019 at 5:57 AM, Shanki said:

Come on guys do you seriously want Rockstar to make the same type of games on the same f*cking maps (Los Santos in GTA V, New Austin in RDR2, now there's talk of either Vice City or Liberty City in GTA 6) till the end of days?

I don't get people like you.

Tell me how Liberty City in IV is the same map as III, or how Los Santos in V is a port of Los Santos from SA.

The only good example in your post of them remaking a map for a new game is New Austin, but RDR2's story takes place and completely uses the new map. New Austin is pretty much fan-service.

• Like 1
BurntTamale
On 11/24/2019 at 1:37 PM, Shanki said:

I know that this is not about GTA 6, but i feel like the more people know about it the better, and let's be real here, many people don't do to the "Rockstar Games" section of this Forum. 

Aight, at first i noticed this Reddit post:

I thougth that it's very cool, but everyone could say that right? Then i looked in the comments, someone posted this link there

Now it's getting interesting right? Someone in the comments pointed out that he in May 2018, he was working at Dhruva Interactive. At that point i thought that all is lost, but then i remembered that Rockstar Games bought that studio from Starbreeze in early 2019 and merged it with Rockstar India.

https://www.rockstargames.com/dhruva/ 

What do you guys think? A non-shooter game from Rockstar is something i always wanted, so i'm extremely hyped. 

Edit: Another interesting thing

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rumor-gta-6-potentially-confirmed-from-ex-employee-artstation-resume-as-rockstars-next-game-discovered-from-gtaforums-member.112352/page-5#post-19999776

love ur profile pic

Tao Cheng

This new R* intellectual property will set place in a fictional reimagined Caribbean concrete jungle that in 1691.

tl;dr "We're going to Aruba!"

Edited by Tao Cheng
éX-Driver
On 12/22/2019 at 2:57 PM, Tao Cheng said:

This new R* intellectual property will set place in a fictional reimagined Caribbean concrete jungle that in 1691.

tl;dr "We're going to Aruba!"

They’ll call the island Tahiti because f*ck it, why not. It’ll be Red Dead 4

• 4 weeks later...
ThatBenGuy
On 12/13/2019 at 7:41 PM, Outlaw Biker Viking said:

I honestly think a R* game set in the Middle Ages would be AWESOME! I would in deed be the first to buy it due to my love for history! It would breathe a lot and I mean A LOT of fresh air into the series! I honestly think it would be cool if you got to play as a Viking in it and do the same stuff that you do in GTA or RDR, only you’re a Viking! I’m SO excited for this game! It might as well become my new favorite non-GTA R* game! :D

In addition to this, I also think it would be cool if R* made a game sort of like LA Noire or Max Payne, only you’re playing as an Egyptian or Roman soldier, who of course, has authority.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Based on the supposed swordfighting mechanic i hope its a Zelda-esque type of game...

Jeez it might be epic

• 4 weeks later...
volta2001

I really hope this rumor is true. A r* medieval game with no fantasy stuff would  be absolutely amazing. I can imagine the castle interiors with candle lighting. They could work the occult in for some crazy stuff. Would be awesome. I’m skeptical we will ever get another red dead so this would be a nice compromise 

• Like 3
  • 10 months later...
Zello

So that patent that the folks found in the GTA 6 speculation thread makes me think about this again.

A Medieval game would be interesting. Just don't make it an RPG.

Edited by Zello
DeltaV20
43 minutes ago, Zello said:

A Medieval game would be interesting. Just don't make it an RPG.

Some good rpg elements will be fine I guess just like V 

GRANDHEIST
4 hours ago, GRANDHEIST said:

https://uspto.report/patent/app/20190192972

"...Similarly, a game set in medieval Europe might be populated with knights, serfs, castles, horses, etc."

Rise from serfdom to king

If they emphasis (extreme) realism and incorporate religion, could be very exciting

• KEKW 1

It would be a pleasant surprise if a medieval game is right now in pre-production at Rockstar other than a next Red Dead. There really aren't that many medieval games on the market that aren't at least partially filled with fantasy, let alone big budget medieval games.

• Like 1
GrungeNinja

This medieval rumor makes me believe more and more from some elements we see in RDR2 and RDO, last update featuring Legendary Bounty Hunter theres npc's with bow&arrow on horses, and the Bounty target uses plate armor.

Phil McCrevis

I don't think they will do this because of Assasin Creed. Maybe they was considering before Game of Thrones was popular but not now because there is no GOT. But maybe again when Dragon spin off is produced. Either that or more development hell like Agent and Bully 2 which while probably only come if GTA VI is delayed some more lol.

Zello

One thing they have to get right is the swordfighting. It shouldn't feel like a hack and slash. I want the swordfighting to feel good, look good, be realistic, and also fun.

• fir thi bairns 1