4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

The next Rockstar Game is appearently going to be an medieval game

Shanki

6 minutes ago, Ash_735 said:

I was banned from Era because I questioned a protected trans member, they don't seem to like that.

Edit: it was that stupid it even got put up on reetakes...

Based

• Like 5
Lemoyne outlaw

i really hope this is not true. the theme seems so different from what rockstar normally does. they should just stick with their tried and true. like bully gta red dead max payne or even try to finish agent. but the medieval period does not sound like a good idea for a rockstar game in my opinion. im sure other developers have made games from this period. but this just does not seem like rockstars style.

CarltonDanks69
13 hours ago, Ash_735 said:

I was banned from Era because I questioned a protected trans member, they don't seem to like that.

Yikes. Yeah era is a sh*thole when it comes to stuff like that. I really hate the hive mind mentality they have there. Sorry for coming at u like that. Guess I should check my sources 😂

11 hours ago, Lemoyne outlaw said:

i really hope this is not true. the theme seems so different from what rockstar normally does. they should just stick with their tried and true. like bully gta red dead max payne or even try to finish agent. but the medieval period does not sound like a good idea for a rockstar game in my opinion. im sure other developers have made games from this period. but this just does not seem like rockstars style.

Playing it safe and boring. Do you really want an endless cycle of gta and red dead until you die? Why not take the chance? I’m sure people said the same thing about the first red dead and how they should “stick to what they know”. 

If this is true, than this will be the longest wait between GTAs ever. 

• Like 1
Yan2295
10 minutes ago, CarltonDanks69 said:

If this is true, than this will be the longest wait between GTAs ever. 

It already is. Longest wait so far was between IV and V, 5 years. V released 6 years ago.

• Like 2
CarltonDanks69
2 minutes ago, Yan2295 said:

It already is. Longest wait so far was between IV and V, 5 years. V released 6 years ago.

Truee 

Lemoyne outlaw
2 hours ago, CarltonDanks69 said:

Playing it safe and boring. Do you really want an endless cycle of gta and red dead until you die? Why not take the chance? I’m sure people said the same thing about the first red dead and how they should “stick to what they know”. 

actually yes i would. it certainly would not be boring for me.

43 minutes ago, Yan2295 said:

It already is. Longest wait so far was between IV and V, 5 years. 

LCS 2005

VCS 2006

Edited by Zello
Yan2295
33 minutes ago, Zello said:

LCS 2005

VCS 2006

I'm talking about GTA IV (2008) and GTA V (2013), so, wat? 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Yan2295 said:

I'm talking about GTA IV (2008) and GTA V (2013), so, wat? 

My bad I'm dumb misread your post oops. 😂

• Like 1
Auditore

NOBODY EXPECTS THE ROCKSTAR INQUISITION!

11 hours ago, Lemoyne outlaw said:

i really hope this is not true. the theme seems so different from what rockstar normally does. they should just stick with their tried and true. like bully gta max payne.The wild west period does not sound like a good idea for a rockstar game in my opinion. im sure other developers have made games from this period. but this just does not seem like rockstars style.

Funny how with the change of a few words this comment could be made back when red dead redemption was just a rumor

13 hours ago, Ash_735 said:

So theres a twitter account dedicated just to mock one forum?

And with a f*cking anime avatar to top it all off lol

Edited by Auditore
Jabalous

I believe that whatever R* touches, it turns into gold. I'm not into the medieval era, but again, it's R*. However, I'm very doubtful about this 'rumor' or 'leak'. I'd hate to see R* stuck in a GTA-Red Dead cycle as there's so much potential to put their unmatched Living, Breathing Worlds touch elsewhere. 

• Like 7
Self-Destructive Man

13 hours ago, Yan2295 said:

And even then, we had some singleplayer content between them with EFLC and CW, same with SA and IV. After V, we got jacksh*t

About Reesetera... they never cease to amuse-me.

Edited by Self-Destructive Man
Algonquin Assassin

A Medieval game would be cool, but want I personally want to see is a survival/psychological horror game. Yes we had Manhunt 1/2 and Undead Nightmare, but some Silent Hill, Evil Within type game would be epic. 

R*'s writing/story telling has greatly improved with GTA IV and onwards so I'd be interested how they could pull this off in a horror title.

• Like 5
HOW'S ANNIE?
On 11/25/2019 at 7:51 PM, Damien Scott said:

Could you say something else about this Vice City project? What were they planning back then? 

Honestly, I'm surprised he even openly admitted he knew/knows about it. Wouldn't expect him to reveal any more, he never did with my questions regarding the scrapped LC map for Online a few years back (which multiple sources verified he had possession of). The poor guy already had his computer taken by the feds, the last thing he's gonna do is give Rockstar reason to send PIs after him too.

• Like 1
TheSantader25

I've personally never been interested in the medieval era but I'll be really excited to see R* break the RDR/GTA cycle and release something new. I think they can accomplish great things if they get out of their safe zone. 

• Like 2
KarimNTerr
14 hours ago, Jabalous said:

I believe that whatever R* touches, it turns into gold. I'm not into the medieval era, but again, it's R*. However, I'm very doubtful about this 'rumor' or 'leak'. I'd hate to see R* stuck in a GTA-Red Dead cycle as there's so much potential to put their unmatched Living, Breathing Worlds touch elsewhere. 

Same here! Never watched Game of Thrones, not interested in The Elder Scrolls (I prefer Fallout), and never played any Witcher game - or any Medieval game actually - but as a kid I remember loving Medieval stuff (Italy is a very Medieval country when it comes to history, culture and architecture) and enjoyed going to themed museums back when I still went to school, so I should pick this genre/history period up again 😁

However, this sounds as real as it gets! Remember this? https://www.rockstargames.com/careers/openings/position/f036289a

Edited by KarimNTerr
CarltonDanks69
23 hours ago, Auditore said:

So theres a twitter account dedicated just to mock one forum?

And with a f*cking anime avatar to top it all off lol

I like how THATS the thing that has you pissed and not Ash being banned over a completely reasonable question. 

Edited by CarltonDanks69
  • Like 3
Self-Destructive Man

I obviously hope R* releases more games besides GTA and RDR, but I think it's weird how people keep mentioning a GTA-RDR cycle. I mean, yes, the last 2 games they released were a GTA and a RDR but they have yet to announce their next game, so we can't say for sure if they are actually going to focus only on these 2 series.

7 hours ago, KarimNTerr said:

Same here! Never watched Game of Thrones, not interested in The Elder Scrolls (I prefer Fallout), and never played any Witcher game - or any Medieval game actually - but as a kid I remember loving Medieval stuff (Italy is a very Medieval country when it comes to history, culture and architecture) and enjoyed going to themed museums back when I still went to school, so I should pick this genre/history period up again 😁

However, this sounds as real as it gets! Remember this? https://www.rockstargames.com/careers/openings/position/f036289a

If this ends up being real will they take the fantasy route like Witcher 3, Elder Scrolls, Game of thrones, or will they go for something more historical and realistic like Kingdom come deliverance.

Jabalous

I cannot see R* writing a fantasy-inspired story. Dan and co-writers seem more interested in writing stories that are grounded in reality, and I personally like that. There are too many stories set in a fantasy world compared to stories that are inspired by real history and/or realistic. There's more of The Witcher and Elder Scrolls type of worlds and less of L.A.Noire, Max Payne and Red Dead type of worlds. Assassin's Creed could've been one, but it's hampered by fantasy elements, boring storytelling and characters, and repetitive gameplay loop with no innovation in any aspect. 

• Like 4
burger_mike
9 minutes ago, Jabalous said:

I cannot see R* writing a fantasy-inspired story. Dan and co-writers seem more interested in writing stories that are grounded in reality, and I personally like that. There are too many stories set in a fantasy world compared to stories that are inspired by real history and/or realistic. There's more of The Witcher and Elder Scrolls type of worlds and less of L.A.Noire, Max Payne and Red Dead type of worlds. Assassin's Creed could've been one, but it's hampered by fantasy elements, boring storytelling and characters, and repetitive gameplay loop with no innovation in any aspect. 

who said it has to be fantasy? it could be set back then but very grounded in reality, which we havent seen before, it could break barriers, could be something really special

45 minutes ago, burger_mike said:

who said it has to be fantasy? it could be set back then but very grounded in reality, which we havent seen before, it could break barriers, could be something really special

Kingdom Come deliverance was realistic but it got boring for me at least but then again that was mainly because it was in first person and swordfights were hard as f*ck.

They can still make a historic setting interesting if it's set during a period where a lot of stuff happened like a huge war or whatever. Like what Assassins creed does but without all the sci fi fantasy stuff. Make the protagonist a mercenary who goes around banging hookers, getting drunk, robbing and killing people it'd work.

Edited by Zello
burger_mike
14 minutes ago, Zello said:

Make the protagonist a mercenary who goes around banging hookers, getting drunk, robbing and killing people it'd work.

nah, rockstar never does that, make him a likeable character like arthur, haven't you noticed most protags from rockstar are against drugs, hookers, all that stuff, which is good

Edited by burger_mike
Jabalous
56 minutes ago, burger_mike said:

I did not say that. I was only saying that whatever the setting/era of a R* game, it will most likely be grounded in reality with no fantasy-inspired elements. So Dragons, mutants, monsters, magical powers and the like wouldn't be featured. It's one of the things that R* can do to make such a game distinct from others, that is, it'd be realistic, and inspired by real history to a certain extent. 

Edited by Jabalous
  • Like 3
Auditore
10 hours ago, CarltonDanks69 said:

I like how THATS the thing that has you pissed and not Ash being banned over a completely reasonable question. 

Not pissed off,just thought it was funny.

4 hours ago, burger_mike said:

A fantasy game with realistic elements would be ideal,it also would open up alot of ideas for multiplayer.

Just like Red Dead is very realistic but set in a fictional county with supernatural and scifi elements the medieval game could do the same stuff,you dont need to ride a dragon but a dragon could be a threat that cities need to defend themselves from.

4 hours ago, Jabalous said:

Yeah but once upon a time one wouldnt think rockstar could make a mostly serious drama about a gang in the wild west,the writing team evolved since the early gta days, i think they are ready to tackle something different just like Red dead was a a different approach to writing characters,the medieval project is another different challenge.

Plus,i bet theres alot of comedy potential in medieval stories,it wont be just serious medieval stuff.

Edited by Auditore
On 11/27/2019 at 2:18 AM, burger_mike said:

nah, rockstar never does that, make him a likeable character like arthur, haven't you noticed most protags from rockstar are against drugs, hookers, all that stuff, which is good

A lot of GTA protagonists are/implied not to mention Trevor Phillips who enjoys drugs, hookers, and every bad terrible thing you can think of.

I want a protagonist like Bronn from Game of Thrones.

Edited by Zello
  • Like 1
KarimNTerr
7 hours ago, Zello said:

If this ends up being real will they take the fantasy route like Witcher 3, Elder Scrolls, Game of thrones, or will they go for something more historical and realistic like Kingdom come deliverance.

I think it will be like Red Dead Redemption 2 - realistic story, but Stranger missions and quests will be more fantasy and the game will be full of crazy Easter eggs

CarltonDanks69
8 hours ago, Auditore said:

Not pissed off,just thought it was funny.

If you knew what type of site Era was, you’d understand. 

burger_mike
9 hours ago, Zello said:

A lot of GTA protagonists are/implied not to mention Trevor Phillips who enjoys drugs, hookers, and every bad terrible thing you can think of.

I want a protagonist like Bronn from Game of Thrones.

And trevor is still one of the least likable characters in the series, plus he still has morals. 

I aint getting my hopes up for anything other than GTA VI from Rockstar in the next ten years but a game set in a vastly different time period to their usual games is my #1 top want from Rockstar these days. Could be sci-fi or medieval, I just want a Rockstar world in time periods like that cause I legit can't picture what it would look and play like and that is hugely exciting prospect for me.