1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

which rockstar game disappointed you the most?

Max.pain

Ash_735
26 minutes ago, trip said:

Totally with you on this one.

Rockstar to me has always been the company that crafted amazing single player games with all sorts of story and characters. 

Come on now...

italianjob.jpg

manhunt2.jpg

grandtheftauto-gba.jpg

It's OK to like and favour them, but to pretend they've not had any bad games at all is a bit of a stretch.

• Like 6
CrackYoPenis

GTA Advance? A bad game? No. 

The fact that it was made for a poor platform in terms of graphical/processing power doesn't mean the game is bad. 

• Like 1
ChengizVlad09

GTA V easily, but I think RDR2 is like really close to beating it. I would say it's even more boring than V, but V was far greater disappointment since I'm a GTA dude and I had greater expectations. Can't exactly count in the 0nline portions, since they can hardly be viewed as games, more like money grab simulators, freemium predatory bs kinda thing. In all honesty, I can't find two things in total these 3 possess for which it could be said something decent, let alone in the domain of a masterpiece. I can't say that I'm disappointed with IV and the Episodes, since I'm almost totally indifferent to them. Except for the driving aspect, that $hit is outrageously bad and disappointing. 

Couple of simple reasons behind a huge disappointment in V :

Driving mechanics: Mildly said, boring, without any challenge, dozens upon dozens of cars where every single one behaves the same - cheap trick.

Car aesthetics: cheap knock off's, unoriginal, no attention to detail 

Customization: almost irrelevant and incomplete, to a point, even broken

Interaction with " the sprawling, living and breathing world ": non existent or broken, at numerous occasions the world itself is pretty much empty

World interacting with itself: non existent

Shooting mechanics: paintball simulator, no diversity of weapons - thousand choices with everything being the same - really cheap trick.

Guns look really nice, just like in any indie game, customization is mainly cosmetic only 

Enemies are nothing but sitting ducks, goes perfectly along with unchallenging shooting and driving mechanics

No real challenge in anything we were supposed to do, nothing to engage with, nothing with concrete meaning

Chore based game with bunch of fetch quest action - dozen of boring missions

Strong emphasis on narrative - movie nature - without any decent gameplay support

Totally disposable in nature, beat it for the story and move along.

No real game modes

On the other hand, it looks good, just as any other AAA game from the last decade, they do not age that badly nowadays I guess and, you've got to give them appraisal for that serious - all grown up narrative with thousand pages of text they like so much to use and show-off with, when crossing the line in becoming a movie, forgetting they make games. Perfect excuse for all those " OBJECTIVE " critics to give them 9.7 out of 10

I have no clue how this game was rated so high and how exactly are they bribing those "reviewers"? Kinda doubt they pay with money, since tax returns is their hobby. Or was it tax evasion? Oh, it's both.. Well, in either case..

Edited by ChengizVlad09
  • Like 4
Beato_dim
2 hours ago, ChengizVlad09 said:

I have no clue how this game was rated so high and how exactly are they bribing those "reviewers"? Kinda doubt they pay with money, since tax returns is their hobby. Or was it tax evasion? Oh, it's both.. Well, in either case..

Or, maybe, they actually liked the games? 🤔

• Like 3
ChengizVlad09

@Beato_dim Yeah, that's always an option. Although, they either seem blind, biased or bribed when it comes to V as a " masterpiece ". Or standards are set like really, really low.

• Like 1

@ChengizVlad09 i see pretty strong points on disliking IV even tho i don’t agree. can you go into a bit more details why you don’t like RDR2? i haven’t played it, just curious.

TheJesus1996

none of the ones I have played...

This I need to try:

- L.A. Noire

- Bully

- Max Payne 1-3

- Midnight Club Street Racing & Los Angeles

- Beaterator

- Manhunt 1-2

- Table Tennis

- The Warriors

- Grand Theft Auto Advance

- Red Dead Revolver

- Smugglers Run trilogy

- State of Emergency

- The Italian Job

- Oni

- GTA og, London & 2

- Skate and Deetroy

- Wild Metal

ChengizVlad09

@Payne That game has some serious flaws. The entire gameplay sphere varies from completely broken to literally boring at best. Everything seems like one big chore, one major hustle and a fetch quest. It's beyond me how this game can even be considered as average, let alone a masterpiece.

APOLOGIES FOR THIS WALL OF TEXT

Controls are by far, the worst I've experienced in a high caliber game. It's no contest. I personally didn't have any troubles adjusting to them, but many people did, so I've heard. Without any doubt they are complicated more than necessary. It's not just the input lag they deliberately introduced, which feels clunky as hell, but they didn't even bother to correct more serious bugs, such as automatic rifle holstering, where character will holster it on his own without any command given by the player, no matter if you were holding it in your hand or on the back. Whoops, on the horsey it goes. Constantly. It tends to play with your nerves. Seriously messes up your intentions. As far as I remember, similar thing happens with the type of ammo you are using, where the game will reverse it to some other type without your knowledge or something like that. Despite being boring as hell, looting system is one of the rare ones that actually works, but it's just plain grindy and wants to harass and rob you out of your valuable time, while adding zero reasons for investing some of it, in the first place. Numerous other things, smaller things, but equally boring, broken or frustrating, like the inability to even select your weapons and clean them while in camp with the gang, which is pointless. The intention was to prevent player from shooting any gang member, but it's ridiculous how many other more effective things were at their disposal to do so, but it nicely reflects their negligence. For some unknown reason you have to walk slowly while in the camp. On top of it all, faster pace walk is available as a compensation. Why? Go figure, I guess house rules are strict for the raging lunatics they are; no running boys, you could fall flat on your face and that pistol may fire off, killing your dear leader.. While we are here on controls, did I mention we are obligated, forced, to constantly tap dedicated button to make the frickin horse gallop, stride or whatever it does? That's the most idiotic thing I've ever seen in a game. Seriously, that solution is mildly retarded and whoever came up with that is a pure psycho and has probably molested animals at young age. Truth to be told, some animations are top notch.

The entire gameplay aspect varies as well and in the same manner; from boring over frustrating to broken which is just a fact. It is completely subdued to the story aspect in the first place which basically creates logical discrepancy such as equivalent of having millions of dollars already, while the narrative keeps telling you how desperately you need some of it it for whatever. Could be put aside and it doesn't really have such serious, or strong impact as it sounds, but it sure does appear as illogical. Hunting and fishing are at best, plain boring. I really have no idea what to say about it all. Repeat one chore from either of those just for twice and you've seen it all. The game of course wants you to grind the $hit out of it for some stupid outfits. Hunting was kinda promising, since you can't exactly rain down barrage of bullets on hunted animal if you want a flawless pelt, but in its essence it's just a grind. Following the path of logic RDR2 was based on, you can sure as hell fire every single bullet you have at your disposal in dead-eye while hunting " legendary " one and still be rewarded. Blow it up with dynamite if you like. Zero skill of any kind needed. Fishing, well, the name itself says it all. It simply ain't fun if you aren't doing that for bare survival. Or for money. IRL. More outlaw alike activities are of course robbing and bounty hunting, but in their essence they are nothing but those previous two in disguise, with more intense score playing in the background. Zero challenge equaling to zero excitement. Not to mention that grinding either of those doesn't help you develop any kind of skills or worse, it's not helping you on the way of your progress in the game in any palpable sense, or any sense whatsoever. Oh, there's that mini-game where we collect animal turds. Collecting virtual sh*t.. That's nothing allegorical. Real virtual sh*t we carry from one, to another place..and there are dozen of them. Argument that you can skip it all, or invest bare minimum in it makes no sense as well, since why the hell it's there anyways? But I'd still suggest not wasting your time on it regardless, the game will rob you of it anyways.

The most essential gameplay systems and mechanics in the game such as Honor, Bounty and Wanted systems don't work either - like at all - or they are inconsistent, or they simply don't matter. Honor system for example, mainly revolves around throwing enough howdies to pedestrians in order to be a good cowboy - by pressing a button of course - or if you choose the dark side, simply do whatever maniacal thing drops on your mind. Of course, there are some scripted storyline events that will render you either good or bad by doing certain actions. Literally the only thing where honor system has any kind of impact at all, comes almost when the game itself is over. The result is so trivial and unimportant for the gameplay itself, it renders the whole concept as unnecessary (SPOILER ALERT, kind of) - it makes you see a wolf when your character dies - if he was a bad cowboy - or a deer, if he was honorable. Touchy, but useless. I would really like to share a word or two about bounty and wanted system, but I really don't want to give it any kind of significance, since they deserve even less, if that's possible. But, in all fairness, I'll just say completely broken, or at the level of GTA 1. Committing a crime in a middle of nowhere, when no one is around? All seeing sheriff's eye and the long hand of justice is there to take care of you. " Arthur Morgan. " The deep godly sounding voice said, " You can remove that bandana, it's working only in scripted missions. " I'm telling you GTA 1 style. 21 Years had passed up until the point when RDR2 was released and the same "bug" (more like, "masterpiece feature", wink, wink) persevered. It's not just some random, stupid thing nobody cares about, it's potentially game changing characteristic that requires serious notice and as such could greatly change the game towards better, if carefully analyzed and programmed. People pull jokes with this, making memes all over the net and it somehow gets positive reviews from the critics? GTFO. 

Interaction with the world is just as idiotic, irrelevant, confusing as everything else. Crown evidence of makers negligence. Check this out; so, we have that " option " to address pedestrians, either in a nice way or rude manner. One makes us good, the other makes us bad. So far so good. Let's say we're the good guys and we greet them all. Check, we are on or way, since we greeted every single ped and their AI started thinking we are retarded. Alrighty, we get on our horse in attempt to do some missions. We tap the living $hit out of that button until the button color wears off and in order to save some money without buying another controller, we decide to hit the cinematic view, where horse gallops on auto mode. All of a sudden, while we were sleeping in real life, we hit somebody on the road without any foul intention. In that point you would think, no biggie, since I can apologize to that guy - be good -, or say whatever and move on with my grind, but no. No option at all. Now, since we can't do anything, that bastard will immediately open fire on us. He's pissed off. If you don't want to end up dead you'll fire back and now you have the sheriff on your back. And he somehow knows it's you, Arthur Morgan, because there was a " witness". A witness, who will run for a while and spill the beans. You pretty much have to kill him even if you really don't have a clue how he knows you, which ultimately renders you bad of course. After escaping easily, that's not the issue ofc, pay off your bounty and off you go. Now you finally want to see where the story progresses next, but some lady is in trouble and she needs your help. You kill her drunk husband and now you have to drop her off in the most remote portion of the map, completely opposite of your mission marker if you want to be that good guy. Chore after chore, after chore, where you loose an hour or so, not even knowing what the f'ck were you supposed to do or where to go. Idiotic thing is, if you force yourself, or simply decide to behave like a total psycho, nothing will "punish" you for that, which is where the paradox lies. It's one huge f%ck you to everything in that game, rendering it all completely unnecessary. Which is what it honestly deserves.

Shooting mechanics is basically dull and exciting as visiting a nursing home and you don't even have grandparents anymore, wondering what in the hell are you doing there, mainly since it brings zero challenge to the table and good ol' auto-aim (played it on PS4) takes it on an even more lifeless level if that's somehow possible. No real enemies, just like in GTA V, they are all there to act tough in scripted missions and according narrative, where everything is cosmetic only and strictly for the sake of appearances. For the outlaws on the run, from every single law enforcement there has ever been in the wild west, that gang could have easily conquer it all and announce themselves to be the undisputed rulers of it, judging by how easy is to kill everybody and everything, either while roaming freely or when doing missions. Another discrepancy between the story and the gameplay. The story itself is definitely telling us we are being cornered beasts, while the gameplay on the other hand proves us to be living gods. That's not just balancing things, that's some lamea$$, easy approach in design, many other games would have been harshly punished for by the same media that's rating RDR2 as a masterpiece.

Think what you like about scripted missions. Many of them blatantly follow the exact same grindy formula the entire game is based on. It's not so much their stale design that stinks, but that subtle, almost psychotic design of repetitive, meaningless actions and tasks that takes life out of life. " Press this button here, now press it there. Good. Don't press the button. Wait. Wait some more. Good. Now watch the cut scene here. Watch it. Look at it. Keep looking. Damn we are so literate and eloquent, god we can make some good scripts. God, we would hit Hollywood so hard, but video games are more lucrative. Don't you dare not to like our masterpiece movie. It's so good, the critics gonna fall flat on their a$$es. NOW SHOOT DAMN IT, SHOOT, TAP THAT BUTTON TO GALLOP, TAP IT BITC#! YEEHAW ! Good. Now, have a fetch quest, here.. good. Grind it.. Yeah. Here's another with intense music score. Good."

On the good side, there are couple of decent, action-fueled missions, which really are looking like masterpieces. Compared to the rest of the sh*t of course.

In conclusion - SO SORRY FOR THIS WALL OF TEXT - the thing that bothers me the most is, how carefully, purposefully and deliberately RDR2 was designed with the intention in mind to be a diaper disposable game. One use only... I thought it was just a coincidence with V, but it's more than evident with this one. Beat it for the story and that's it. Move along..to freemium version. It's nothing but extended tutorial with serious narrative "introducing" us and "preparing" for RDR 0nline.

Edited by ChengizVlad09
  • Like 4
Western Gunslinger

Manhunt 2

I enjoyed the game for the first half, but once guns were introduced, the game quality and pacing took a nosedive. Who the f*ck think that turning a psychological horror stealth game into generic third person shooter with awful shooting mechanic is a good idea?

Edited by Legion of Hell
10 hours ago, ChengizVlad09 said:

The story itself is definitely telling us we are being cornered beasts, while the gameplay on the other hand proves us to be living gods

you know i understand what you say so much here. max payne 3 does the same thing overall, the gameplay isn’t connected to its story. it’s overall a great shooter but not a great cinematic experience. This scripted mission stuff you said about RDR2(if it’s really that way) had started after RDR(2010), that game’s missions were pretty fine. then max payne 3 came out and i was so surprised with what happened to their game design, they simply gave up on it.

what’s worse is their online wasn’t this way. i played Gta O and max payne 3 a lot in old gen and i can clearly say rockstar gave their good design choises to their multiplayer games.

Let me tell you this way. Gta O may not be as story driven as V in terms of missions, but it sure felt more entertaining because you don’t get that stupid mission failed screen just because you get out of your car or use the other gun instead. Missions overall feel like the ones in III or IV which makes it clear rockstar wants us to play online and makes single player only look half good with their stupid cinematic cutscenes.

And about RDR2 being too clunky, if they’ve gone back to level of IV, shame on them.

• Like 1

Moe Phoenix:

Ajunt, ching-chang-chong! 

Hunds un da wuld, tehs douin’ sweyls. 🌏🔥

Edited by XXVIII
KarimNTerr
On 1/24/2020 at 7:14 PM, JC_HUMBLE said:

none of the ones I have played...

This I need to try:

- L.A. Noire

- Bully

- Max Payne 1-3

- Midnight Club Street Racing & Los Angeles

- Beaterator

- Manhunt 1-2

- Table Tennis

- The Warriors

- Grand Theft Auto Advance

- Red Dead Revolver

- Smugglers Run trilogy

- State of Emergency

- The Italian Job

- Oni

- GTA og, London & 2

- Skate and Deetroy

- Wild Metal

- Wild Metal. Don't even bother, most boring game ever made. Even though it's not that mind-blowing now, I suggest you to play Body Harvest. Watch this, it's funny and interesting: https://youtu.be/ac0zx-f3tGc

- Skate and Destroy was my fave back then. It's like the Skate series of its time. Outdated, but still amazing

- GTA2 is awesome, 1 is almost unplayable, very unfriendly and outdated in every aspect

- Oni might be one of the best R* games I've ever played. No other game is like it. Dontnod tried to make a spiritual sequel with Remember Me, but unsuccessfully. It's hard and the controls are a bitch, but when you learn how to play, you can do amazing things!

- The Italian Job was amazing, had a good time with it as a kid

- State of Emergency... mmmh, great concept, but badly executed

- Smuggler's Run. Great game series! 2 is tha best!

- RDRevolver is awesome, but hard, especially if you try to get the best mission ratings

- The Warriors is the best game based on a film ever created!

- Manhunt 2 is meh, but believe me when I tell you that The Last of Us is basically Manhunt 1 2.0

- 3 and LA are IMO the best racing games ever. Put NFS to shame

- Bully and Max Payne 1-3 are games everyone HAVE to experience at least once in their life. Love MP2, And MP3 is the best TPS when it comes to gun combat mechanics

Edited by KarimNTerr
  • Like 2

It's a tie between GTA V and State Of Emergency for me.

SoE was a cool concept, but probably due to the hardware limitations at the time, it became a repetitive and mind-numbingly boring game after an hour or two in to it.

GTA V was just disappointing in every aspect going, and the fact it was clearly always just been built for the online mode made it even worse.

• Like 1

@ChengizVlad09 You spoke the hardest truth I've seen on RDR2 and GTAV. I disagree regarding the cars in V (now at least) in terms of handling but the way they feel like bricks during collisions compared to IV and then like tissue on the moon when you go in the air is f*cking annoying. On RDR2, I loved it mostly for the story. The narrative is engaging and the characters are memorable and well acted but as you mentioned its side content is boring AF. The game moves like molasses and the side activities for the most part feel like a grind. You can't even enjoy being a ruthless outlaw taking over a small town because the Wanted system in these games is trash. In both games, executing or defending against some guy in the middle of a barren desert in the dead of night will still net you a wanted level and getting away is frivolous. This is lowlighted in GTAV where you ditch the cops with 3 or more stars only for a chopper to spawn out of your asshole for the everlasting copstalkers to keep you with that blinking wanted level for another 5 minutes. Rockstar forgot how to make fun games after GTAIV.

• Like 1
ChengizVlad09

@Onishiro Thanks man, it's nice to see someone sharing your opinion once in while, at least as a comfort that I'm not blind, stupid or crazy :)

I agree on that one, RDR2 story, narrative, characters and everything that goes along is indeed masterfully done. The graphics is beautiful too - my personal No.1 modern game when it comes to how beautiful everything is -, just like audio, but I'll be darned; it shouldn't be neither a book nor a movie. It supposed to be video game first and foremost, so gameplay is a priority. When you think about it, any video game can totally do without "ultra" graphics and even to a greater extent without "narrative" part and still be regarded as a masterpiece, but it simply cannot be considered as a masterpiece without the original, engaging, smart, consistent and ultimately, FUN gameplay. Not only it cannot be " a masterpiece", but without decent gameplay, it doesn't deserve to be called a video game at all, then it's just some strange form of an interactive content similar to watching a Youtube game walk-trough. 

I'm interested, what do you find appealing when it comes to driving aspect of GTA V in particular? I swear, I had been trying for so long to find even one decent thing about it, but just couldn't. I'm talking thousand of hours spent in there. Haven't played it in god knows how long.. I remember there's like 2 or 3 cars that have some kind of personality to them in behaving a bit differently from the other hundreds of them, no matter the class. In comparison to IV, which was equally bad for me when it comes to driving mechanics, at least there was some body-roll (which was heavily exaggerated, spanning to almost everything to the same degree) or sense of weight, like, you couldn't simply bump the truck off the road like it was nothing with something as lightweight as a sports car...

Edited by ChengizVlad09
  • Like 2
On 2/4/2020 at 3:19 AM, ChengizVlad09 said:

as a comfort that I'm not blind, stupid or crazy :)

definetly you are not. you obviously know how to explain anything about your dislikes instead of “mAn tHiS gAmE sUx”

• Like 3
On 2/3/2020 at 7:19 PM, ChengizVlad09 said:

@Onishiro Thanks man, it's nice to see someone sharing your opinion once in while, at least as a comfort that I'm not blind, stupid or crazy :)

I agree on that one, RDR2 story, narrative, characters and everything that goes along is indeed masterfully done. The graphics is beautiful too - my personal No.1 modern game when it comes to how beautiful everything is -, just like audio, but I'll be darned; it shouldn't be neither a book nor a movie. It supposed to be video game first and foremost, so gameplay is a priority. When you think about it, any video game can totally do without "ultra" graphics and even to a greater extent without "narrative" part and still be regarded as a masterpiece, but it simply cannot be considered as a masterpiece without the original, engaging, smart, consistent and ultimately, FUN gameplay. Not only it cannot be " a masterpiece", but without decent gameplay, it doesn't deserve to be called a video game at all, then it's just some strange form of an interactive content similar to watching a Youtube game walk-trough. 

I'm interested, what do you find appealing when it comes to driving aspect of GTA V in particular? I swear, I had been trying for so long to find even one decent thing about it, but just couldn't. I'm talking thousand of hours spent in there. Haven't played it in god knows how long.. I remember there's like 2 or 3 cars that have some kind of personality to them in behaving a bit differently from the other hundreds of them, no matter the class. In comparison to IV, which was equally bad for me when it comes to driving mechanics, at least there was some body-roll (which was heavily exaggerated, spanning to almost everything to the same degree) or sense of weight, like, you couldn't simply bump the truck off the road like it was nothing with something as lightweight as a sports car...

My likes for GTAV's driving mechanics mainly come from the dlc vehicles on PC. The cars have a distinct feeling from one other, or at least about half of them. Some cars get unique attention to detail such as motor noises and blowoff valve noises in the Sultans (classic, RS, regular) as well has the way some cars take handling like the Zion classic or the GB200's super stable grip on the road. Crossovers like the Comet safari feel superb off road or in the snow. GTAIV felt better overall when it came to impact physics and the way vehicles felt like they had weight to them unlike GTAV's moon physics which toss most of what I like out the window. From the stupid ai drivers to the ease at which all vehicles from tanks to MAWs to bikes and sedans roll over and flip in the air as if someone turned off the gravity. I really hope they fix this crap with the AI and physics engine in the next game. Just give us GTAIV's Euphoria and AI but better. Really though, finding an appreciation for the cars in this game depends on the car you're using. Supercar #439879 feels almost the same as the next one and the newer ones just look like generic trash.

• Like 1
ChengizVlad09

@Onishiro I just cannot agree with you on that one - cars being different from one another in V (the same goes for IV, it's just different perspective) - not even if we talk about half of them.. Honestly, I have never seen a game that's tied to cars in any way, where every car behaves roughly the same, no matter the class.

Not to wonder away from the topic, but since driving mechanics is definitely my greatest disappointment, I have got to say that both IV and V are so ridiculously exaggerated, yet so blatantly straight forward, predictable, boring and dumb. They are only rendered as two differently opposed extremes.

In IV, everything feels heavy, robust and prone to ridiculous undeersteer, whilst in V, it's the opposite; everything is so light, weightless and prone to oversteer. In IV, cars are way too wobbly, with body roll being all over the place; where it's needed and especially where it isn't. In V, there's a sense of being able to make the sharpest of turns by going fastest you can, with almost no body roll at all. In one, braking feels like an eternity, while in the other, it seems close to being an instant thing. Not a single car has a character of its own. They all track the same path written in the game's engine so blindly, that the only way to properly distinguish them is to simply check their acceleration and top speed, which is so lame. Btw, top speed of around 220km/h for the ultra sport car class says it all. Not a single car - we talk roughly about thousand of them, maybe even more! - in both of these games is capable of executing any kind of drift at all. Drifting is impossible - and that has got to be one of the most exciting, fun things to do. Some of them tend to show possibility of being able to perform something similar to powersliding, but it's exclusively tied to maxing out the top speed and ultimately losing control totally. Ironically, in V for example, the car will simply invert sideways with no tendency of going forward or allowing you to control it anymore, it would turn anywhere from 45 to 90 degrees - or even more - and would almost immediately bring you to a full stop, as if you wanted to do that. There's no more inertia carrying us forward, when the car itself is being positioned under any angle. Just inverting sideways to a stop. Of course, other scenario is that one where we supposedly loose control - the car would jerk left to right a bit, as we are trying to straighten it out and after a second or so, we would hit that top speed again in no time going forward. Everything these two have to show in regards to driving mechanics can literally be seen with three or four cars, in one hour of driving around. I swear, I mimicked better driving physics playing with my toy cars as a kid. 

Edited by ChengizVlad09
Americana

Sadly, Max Payne 3. 

I just... don't understand why Rockstar decided to go that way... Come on.

• 3 weeks later...
Nappy

@ChengizVlad09 I used to be big fan of Driving in Gta IV(still don’t find it so bad. Now i’m more into V’s driving...anyway i seriously get what you mean. IV’s handling, whilst it is good, animations are too overdone it looks weird af. Mafia 2 was good in this regard to me. What’s more strange is San Andreas was great both Handling and animation wise(To me, still the best in the series along with LCS’, haven’t played VCS btw). V on the other hand idk man that game has flying bikes right?......

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Marcos18

Absolutely no one. At least for those that i played.

Edited by Marcos18
Niobium

GTA V. yeah big surprise i found it disappointing, but... i just can't understand how nearly every single game reviewer on the planet called this a masterpiece.

• Like 3
Detective Phelps

GTA V. Mostly because of the story. Trevor was a terrible protagonist; the 3rd character slot could have been taken up by someone with an actual story, instead of a maniac who kills everyone he sees (I get that his story is meant to fit in with the typical GTA playstyle, but for story purposes? He doesn't really fit in). I guess most of my dislike for the story is because it's a set backwards from the GTA IV story. 

Then there's the online, militarised vehicles everywhere, with flying cars and flying bikes. If I wanted Saints Row, I would have gotten SR4. 

There was also the absence of the vigilante mode. I hope R* brings vigilante, paramedic, and the firetruck missions back for VI. The game world was good, although I feel like a second city would have made the map better. There's also the issue of Blaine county not having their own sheriff's department, instead relying on LS county sheriff's deputies to do the job. Oh, and a second city would have brought a second main airport, a place other than LSX and the military base for us to land the bigger planes.

• Like 2
Len Lfc

I'd probably have to say GTA V. But then, I haven't played every Rockstar game. And I only say GTA V, because it's the only one in recent years (comparatively speaking, in terms of how often they release new games) that felt like it didn't live up to the hype, entirely. The way the screenshots were taken and trailers were cut, made the world feel bigger than it turned out to be. I didn't much care for Midnight Club LA, but then I never did before playing it, so it never disappointed me. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
universetwisters

Midnight Club LA because I was so used to how good MC3 was with more than one city

• Like 1
SinZer0s

Manhunt 2. While it may still have been another "haha me stab, blood go psssss" game like the first one the atmosphere and story f*cked it up for me.