Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. DLC
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
      7. The Diamond Casino Heist
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Spider-Vice

RDR2 PC Patch - 1207.73 (1.14) | 19/11/2019

Recommended Posts

2ndLastJedi
8 hours ago, RedIndianRobin said:

You answered this yourself:

 

ūüėõ¬†

But I've had hundreds of gun battles at night in well lit cities, bushy forests and swampy areas day and night and with more people than this one particular fight and not had any drops but this battle in the day in a little bush area caused drops! Nothing to do with the battle as it was dropping even after we finished them all off. 

Edited by 2ndLastJedi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanzema

I have a random question for you guys. Im running rdr2 on a ssd drive and it runs great. But i bought a PC for my wife (PC isnt here yet) and i would like to know from someone that is running the game on a hdd drive: 

How well does it run for you guys? Any stutter or popins related to the slower hdd drive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spider-Vice

I run the game on a HDD, works just fine. The initial loading times can be a bit prolonged sometimes but in-game everything is fine. I'm on a faster WD Black drive though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sorder
22 minutes ago, Hanzema said:

I have a random question for you guys. Im running rdr2 on a ssd drive and it runs great. But i bought a PC for my wife (PC isnt here yet) and i would like to know from someone that is running the game on a hdd drive: 

How well does it run for you guys? Any stutter or popins related to the slower hdd drive?

It runs perfectly smooth, the game loads in about 20-25 seconds ( 7200rpm 256mb hdd)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanzema
1 hour ago, Spider-Vice said:

I run the game on a HDD, works just fine. The initial loading times can be a bit prolonged sometimes but in-game everything is fine. I'm on a faster WD Black drive though.

 

47 minutes ago, sorder said:

It runs perfectly smooth, the game loads in about 20-25 seconds ( 7200rpm 256mb hdd)

Thank you two for the reply. Good to hear. So the game doesnt have any harddrive bottleneck what so ever. It just takes a little bit longer to load fromthe beginning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2ndLastJedi

1440p 60 fps running on a HDD and it is perfectly smooth ;) not even too slow loading really and no hitching or stutters when riding full speed from one side of the map to the other :) Really nothing to worry about at all on a 7200RPM HDD here .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dizmos

Is there any way to refund the pc version of the game that have been bought via rockstar launcher? I've tried all settings of the game on low, medium and high but I keep gettings huge stutters and fps drops even with all settings on low.

The fps I get while standing still is 80-90 when having some settings on high and the rest on medium, but it keeps stuttering anytime I ride my horse.I had hoped my rig would have been enough to run it on low at 1080p.

My specs are: gtx 1660 ti, intel i7 6700k, ddr4 16gb ram. 

Edited by Dizmos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mhayy5
15 hours ago, 2ndLastJedi said:

But I've had hundreds of gun battles at night in well lit cities, bushy forests and swampy areas day and night and with more people than this one particular fight and not had any drops but this battle in the day in a little bush area caused drops! Nothing to do with the battle as it was dropping even after we finished them all off. 

Maybe something on your PC like Windows update or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
D1rtyD1g1tal
2 hours ago, Hanzema said:

 

Thank you two for the reply. Good to hear. So the game doesnt have any harddrive bottleneck what so ever. It just takes a little bit longer to load fromthe beginning.

On my SSD it takes 2 pictures before it loads, on my HDD it takes 4 or 5. Either way it's not a big deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanzema
12 minutes ago, D1rtyD1g1tal said:

On my SSD it takes 2 pictures before it loads, on my HDD it takes 4 or 5. Either way it's not a big deal.

If it is only the startup loading time then i dont have any Problem with it. Another question for any AMD users here. Does RDR2 support freesync? And if so... does it make the experience better?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sorder
29 minutes ago, Hanzema said:

If it is only the startup loading time then i dont have any Problem with it. Another question for any AMD users here. Does RDR2 support freesync? And if so... does it make the experience better?

I do not own an amd card but I have freesync monitor. And if I'm not mistaken freesync is just a monitor technology  which prevents image tearing and it works regardless of the specific game.

Edited by sorder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nagru87

well after patch got random  freezes ;/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pointi1978
Just now, Nagru87 said:

well after patch got random  freezes ;/

Me too, sometimes more often, sometimes less often. Mostly during minigames like Poker or Domino, or when trying to interact with an NPC like buying or selling.

 

But nevertheless, in the thread of the last patch i mocked about the ugly trees in RDR2. Even wanted to give them an award for the most ugliest trees in the last few years.

 

Well, I now arived in Chapter 5 and I have to take it all back. My jaw just dropped out of sheer amazenig... What a beautiful game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
md_rayan
17 hours ago, Dizmos said:

Is there any way to refund the pc version of the game that have been bought via rockstar launcher? I've tried all settings of the game on low, medium and high but I keep gettings huge stutters and fps drops even with all settings on low.

The fps I get while standing still is 80-90 when having some settings on high and the rest on medium, but it keeps stuttering anytime I ride my horse.I had hoped my rig would have been enough to run it on low at 1080p.

My specs are: gtx 1660 ti, intel i7 6700k, ddr4 16gb ram. 

Updated your GPU driver?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UpTheDowngrade

Edit, duh, figured it out.

Edited by UpTheDowngrade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spider-Vice

1207.77 was released on consoles, I wonder if we're gonna get that or if it's just Rockstar having the console versions catch up with PC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fun 2
9 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

1207.77 was released on consoles, I wonder if we're gonna get that or if it's just Rockstar having the console versions catch up with PC.

1207.76 bg script is uploaded for PC, did anyone receive a update today?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spider-Vice
Just now, Fun 2 said:

1207.76 bg script is uploaded for PC, did anyone receive a update today?

No updates on my Rockstar Launcher yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fun 2
Just now, Spider-Vice said:

No updates on my Rockstar Launcher yet.

Also, it seems like the console update is only for Xbox One.

Nothing on PS4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spider-Vice

It seems to be labelled 1.15 so I assume it's going to come on all platforms or they'd integrate it into 1.14 still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cowlick035

I just got a very small update. It was over before I could even see how big it was though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spider-Vice

Yeah, something was updated on PC but it was small. I assume they're using delta updates unlike the consoles.

 

iO0YnWg.png 

 


Edit: These files all changed.

yPN2qKf.png 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.