Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    2. GTANet 20th Anniversary

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

    2. Support

      1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

RDR2 PC Patch - 1207.73 (1.14) | 19/11/2019


Spider-Vice

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, wasd said:

set them manualy on the system file.

 

Unless the latest update has changed things it won’t let you start the game if you exceed the VRAM limit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jimbatron said:

Unless the latest update has changed things it won’t let you start the game if you exceed the VRAM limit.

I use about 60% of my Vram.

That's not the case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jippa_lippa said:

I use about 60% of my Vram.

That's not the case.

Your statement doesn’t seem to make sense. If you are only using 60% you are not exceeding the limit so you won’t have encountered this problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jippa_lippa said:

In the boot arguments?

 

By the way, when rockstar says 4-6 cores, do they mean without hyperthreading?

Because I have a 4 core with hyperthreading but no stutters

Yes this means for sure also the i7 (for example my old i7 3820) with 4 real and 4 virtual cores....as i have such a Prozessor and exactly the stutter (or better said freezes) they describe. Got better with the start argument (-cpuLoadRebalancing), but could also crash then sometimes. Without the start argument and Nvidia driver 441.12 i never had crashes, but get long freezes from 5-20 seconds after at least 1-2 hours playing, or sooner, when i am in a big city like St. Dennis.

 

But could be all different for you, if you have a different graphic card as i have (old one GTX 970 with 3,5 GB). And i also use Win7 64-bit on Vulkan Driver, as Win7 doesnt have Direct X 12.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, wasd said:

there was some talk about weather changing too fast i recorded my game during a storm doesnt seem to fade in 3 seconds.

https://streamable.com/qlyk7

That's because it's incredibly inconsistent. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes it transitions too quickly so it's a little jarring...and sometimes it's like someone just flipped a light switch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alexb70 said:

What's better for FPS ? Fullscreen or windowed borderless ?

Thx

In the case of this game...neither. It doesn't support exclusive fullscreen (unfortunately). It acts like borderless windowed regardless.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So since this new patch came out, does the consensus seem to be that this game is running more or less fine for most users? I’m probably upgrading hardware to a 2080 super/i7-9700 or i9-9900.... want to make sure the problems still aren’t rampant before I buy the game.... reading through this thread it seems like there are still some problems but it’s mostly fixed?

Edited by mas0764
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

Go to the folder I mentioned and delete these 3 files:

oVBB1na.png

 

It might say Vulkan or D3D12/DX12 depending on what you use.

Well after 50 hours of near perfect game play i couldnt even run the game tonight but deleted these files and its back , so thank you very much mate :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 2ndLastJedi said:

Well after 50 hours of near perfect game play i couldnt even run the game tonight but deleted these files and its back , so thank you very much mate :)

You probably had the same issue I did, a crash corrupting the cache. Erasing it solves the issue.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Deleting the cache also got rid of the bright blue artifacts I was getting, though not the momentary multicoloured artifacts along the right edge of the screen. The strange thing is I wasn't getting any artifacting when I started the game (well, aside from the lantern being a flickery mess in first person). The issues appeared after many hours of play and now persist no matter what I do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

Go to the folder I mentioned and delete these 3 files:

oVBB1na.png

 

It might say Vulkan or D3D12/DX12 depending on what you use.

I've registered now just to say thank you mate! My game crashed every 5 minutes and I restarted a mission like 10 times to finish, but finally after deleting these files no more crashes. I can finally play the game. 

i7-8700
GTX 1080
1440p
Vulkan

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Jimbatron said:

Unless the latest update has changed things it won’t let you start the game if you exceed the VRAM limit.

Weird, I'm 400mb over the vram limit and I've been able to start up fine everytime.

 

Anyone else getting constantly flickering mirrors? It's a new thing since the last patch for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, UpTheDowngrade said:

 

Anyone else getting constantly flickering mirrors? It's a new thing since the last patch for me.

Yep, this mirror flickering was introduced with the November 13th patch, it's been there since then for me.

Edited by md_rayan
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2019 at 8:59 AM, Spider-Vice said:

Go to the folder I mentioned and delete these 3 files:

oVBB1na.png

 

It might say Vulkan or D3D12/DX12 depending on what you use.

Strangely i use Dx12 but in the folder its Vulkan ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UpTheDowngrade said:

Weird, I'm 400mb over the vram limit and I've been able to start up fine everytime.

 

Anyone else getting constantly flickering mirrors? It's a new thing since the last patch for me.

This gives me a bit of hope there’s a way around it. But if I have a settings file that goes over the limit the game won’t run from the launcher. I get an error message saying it didn’t launch and would I like to run in safe mode. Removing the settings file allows it the launch again.

 

Can you let me know what you’re running on out of interest? I’m on Windows 8.1 I have a suspicion that’s not helping things in general.

Edited by Jimbatron
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimbatron said:

This gives me a bit of hope there’s a way around it. But if I have a settings file that goes over the limit the game won’t run from the launcher. I get an error message saying it didn’t launch and would I like to run in safe mode. Removing the settings file allows it the launch again.

 

Can you let me know what you’re running on out of interest? I’m on Windows 8.1 I have a suspicion that’s not helping things in general.

Windows 10, i7 7700K, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 3GB, Vulkan running at 1920X1200, otherwise, i'm running hardwareunboxed's optimization settings. My VRAM limit in-game is 2538mb, but I pushed it to 2939mb. 48fps average, 60fps max

Edited by UpTheDowngrade
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive run the game upto chapter 5 at a solid 60 FPS at 1440p but found a place during a gun battle where it was dropping to 48fps and even if i paused at lowered all settings i couldn't get my FPS back up :( after i finished that battle and left that area my FPS is back to normal ?!?! Maybe just an unoptimized section of trees or something .

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, 2ndLastJedi said:

during a gun battle where it was dropping to 48fps

You answered this yourself:

 

55 minutes ago, 2ndLastJedi said:

gun battle

😛 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gwozdek said:

Some of you should appreciate fact that in heavier moments game drops fps only to 50, not less than 30 😆

*Kingdom Come Deliverance flashbacks*

 

This game runs 60 fps except when you enter Rattay or in battles, it enters to sh*t and runs mid 20 fps. 😛 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedIndianRobin said:

*Kingdom Come Deliverance flashbacks*

 

This game runs 60 fps except when you enter Rattay or in battles, it enters to sh*t and runs mid 20 fps. 😛 

I recently discovered that the shadows setting was solely responsible for those dips. Dropping it from ultra high to low made my fps shoot up from 30 to 70+. I found the high setting to be the best compromise, since it looks almost identical and gives me about 45 frames in those spots.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 2ndLastJedi said:

Ive run the game upto chapter 5 at a solid 60 FPS at 1440p but found a place during a gun battle where it was dropping to 48fps and even if i paused at lowered all settings i couldn't get my FPS back up :( after i finished that battle and left that area my FPS is back to normal ?!?! Maybe just an unoptimized section of trees or something .

there are lot of things going on in gun battle, i have tried many circumstances where my fps got massive drops, i got flat 60 fps in 1080p with custom setting on my gtx 1660 ti when visiting or galloping through town and areas, but there are certain circumstance that make my fps got drops from 60-48, such as when my character visiting strawberry and stand in front of the sherrif office looking down to grocery store, when there are peds,carriages, and horses in front my character my fps would drop to 52, another circumstance is when i galloping or passing through bushes at night with my lantern on it'll hit my fps hard, i think the dynamic shadow from the lantern that make my fps drops, also when in gun battle there are lot of smokes coming from guns, and i think that the particle quality is the problem during gun battle, when i use first person mode and shoot my dual gun the smokes coming from the gun will hit my fps hard. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.