Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
pumpsome

The Sheep and the Goats Trouble

Recommended Posts

pumpsome

Spoiler: I was on the sheep and the goats level and I need to shoot the henchman holding John. I keep filling up the meter and shooting the guy in the head but it keeps telling me John and Strauss were killed. What am I doing wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Firefixa

I have the same problem now, wherever I shoot it fails? Any solution to this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UpTheDowngrade

The most recent patch broke this, I believe. I played it twice before they released it, and it worked fine. Now, you have to skip that part. Sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smokeless6

I registered just to reply to this as I don't want to see folks being forced to skip sequences.

 

You need to use your mark/tag mechanic here, Q by default. It will work then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Caffeination

Maybe try tagging the head of the blokes holding John and Strauss hostage? If that still doesn't work, then you have to skip I guess.

 

This isn't the only broken Chapter 2 mission either. When I decided to do a 2nd playthrough, I kept repeating Exit Pursued By a Bruised Ego, the mission that introduces you to stables and legendary animals, about three times due to cinematic soft-locks not lifting when we reached the legendary bear's territory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ironside
1 hour ago, Caffeination said:

Maybe try tagging the head of the blokes holding John and Strauss hostage? If that still doesn't work, then you have to skip I guess.

 

This isn't the only broken Chapter 2 mission either. When I decided to do a 2nd playthrough, I kept repeating Exit Pursued By a Bruised Ego, the mission that introduces you to stables and legendary animals, about three times due to cinematic soft-locks not lifting when we reached the legendary bear's territory.

Gotta love that R* professionalism in patching and updating their games, right? Do they even play test their games anymore!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot
4 hours ago, Ironside said:

Gotta love that R* professionalism in patching and updating their games, right? Do they even play test their games anymore!?

They don't test single player except to check if it boots up or if the thing they set out to patch is patched . Nothing more. Same as GTA V which has a few broken things by patches that were never fixed like the Monkey business trigger or the misplaced jet path near Michael's House which results in jets flying into the nearby skyscraper all the time 

Edited by Darealbandicoot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ironside
10 hours ago, Darealbandicoot said:

They don't test single player except to check if it boots up or if the thing they set out to patch is patched . Nothing more. Same as GTA V which has a few broken things by patches that were never fixed like the Monkey business trigger or the misplaced jet path near Michael's House which results in jets flying into the nearby skyscraper all the time 

So what you basically say is that those of us that prefer RDR2 story mode from now on most probably bound to never leave version 1.00? 😞 If so, I do believe that is the truth and I actually have no hope that R* will ever make RDR2 story mode playable on a new patch again. What an utter waste and a true argument for why I will never again buy a digital copy of any game from R*. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot
6 minutes ago, Ironside said:

So what you basically say is that those of us that prefer RDR2 story mode from now on most probably bound to never leave version 1.00? 😞 If so, I do believe that is the truth and I actually have no hope that R* will ever make RDR2 story mode playable on a new patch again. What an utter waste and a true argument for why I will never again buy a digital copy of any game from R*. 

Unless they care enough to patch this instead of another fun glitch or want to restrict customisation even further like the last few patches so we can't wear certain clothing with other clothing, then yes. 

 

 

Unless big media outlets call them out, NOTHING significant will be patched. Once the reviews were all in for RDR2 they proceeded to downgrade and break the hell out of it and nobody would say anything. Hell the ambiant occlusion was only improved because a thread on this very site made enough noise to get media outlets to notice. 

Edited by Darealbandicoot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ironside
Just now, Darealbandicoot said:

Unless they care enough to patch this instead of another fun glitch or want to restrict customisation even further like the last few patches so we can't wear certain clothing with other clothing, then yes. 

 Nah, I think we should not deceive ourselves by having “faith” in R* to do nothing else than easy cash grab from sold gold bars. R* has truly become the main antagonist in their own game, that is some true meta-level irony. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jimbatron
On 11/17/2019 at 1:15 AM, Darealbandicoot said:

They don't test single player except to check if it boots up or if the thing they set out to patch is patched . Nothing more. Same as GTA V which has a few broken things by patches that were never fixed like the Monkey business trigger or the misplaced jet path near Michael's House which results in jets flying into the nearby skyscraper all the time 

Ah! Sorry to digress about GTA V: that’s presumably why after a certain point I kept hearing random explosions near Michaels house. I could never figure out what they were. Guess I should have looked up!

 

On topic, which platform has this mission been possibly bugged on for RDR2?

Edited by Jimbatron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UpTheDowngrade
9 hours ago, Jimbatron said:

 

 

On topic, which platform has this mission been possibly bugged on for RDR2?

It's bugged on PC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pULVERT
On 11/16/2019 at 4:17 PM, smokeless6 said:

I registered just to reply to this as I don't want to see folks being forced to skip sequences.

 

You need to use your mark/tag mechanic here, Q by default. It will work then.

Had to register just to say your'e a hero

Edited by pULVERT
grammar I believe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smokeless6

Well, I do what I can  :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gwozdek

You're all breathtaking :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jackrobot

I'm guessing the latest PC patch fixed it. Just completed it without any issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Igor G

I tried it again. Still doesn't work.

Did you just shoot using LMB click (after holding LMB) or used tagging mechanics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jackrobot
5 hours ago, Igor G said:

I tried it again. Still doesn't work.

Did you just shoot using LMB click (after holding LMB) or used tagging mechanics?

I used Deadeye to tag all the enemies. I use a controller on PC for this game though.

 

Not sure if it makes a difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Igor G

If I tagging the enemies it worked.

The problem is that I didn't know such thing exists in the game. I finished the game without using it (while skipping this checkpoint) and only then saw on youtube about tagging.

These was no indication to use tagging. There was a text "Hold LMB ...something..." and then "Shoot henchman holding John"

There was a mission in the earlier game where you chase someone and then preventing him to shoot himself by shooting at his arm in exactly the same scenario - auto-activated dead-eye.

So I just wander if it is a bug or it was meant to work this way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smokeless6

I got a notice just before this mission that this ability had now been granted, which is what made me try it after failing it the first couple of times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • 13 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.