Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
ThePanzerPleb113

Deadeye automatically marks spots to shoot on people

Recommended Posts

ThePanzerPleb113

From videos I've watched, you're meant to be able to just press a button and it lays an X down on where you marked, then I guess you let it go and it shoots all the markers.

Not me though. Wherever I look at on a person, it automatically throws down as many X's as it likes, so if I want to mark the left AND right arm, moving my camera from one to the other will also mark along their torso

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gwozdek

This option you're describing is unlocked somewhere in late chapter 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Algerian
2 hours ago, ThePanzerPleb113 said:

From videos I've watched, you're meant to be able to just press a button and it lays an X down on where you marked, then I guess you let it go and it shoots all the markers.

Not me though. Wherever I look at on a person, it automatically throws down as many X's as it likes, so if I want to mark the left AND right arm, moving my camera from one to the other will also mark along their torso

Or you could just go around the body.

Unless you're playing with a controller on PC for some odd reason I'll never understand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThePanzerPleb113

@trip except I hadn't seen any talking about the specifics I was talking about, and I want them fixed, how will they be fixed if I can't discuss them? And how was I meant to know if someone had talked about it before? I don't just go through every topic searching for one specific thing

its not bloody fair, I waited so long for this game and it can't even run, plus its packed with bugs and everything is incredibly complex

Edited by ThePanzerPleb113

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jimbatron
3 hours ago, Gwozdek said:

This option you're describing is unlocked somewhere in late chapter 2.

This. It’s on the mission Pouring Fourth Oil IV I believe.

 

Not being able to manually paint targets only created problems getting gold for one mission for me: Blessed are the Meek, where you need quite a few headshots before this is unlocked.

 

My tips.

1) Activate dead eye for one kill then deactivate. It is much more efficient, unless a gold objective requires you kill more than one in the same dead eye.

2) Before activating deadeye when you can’t manually pain targets, aim just above the head. Then activate deadeye, and draw your aim down. Headshot guaranteed, whether with controller or mouse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThePanzerPleb113
2 hours ago, Jimbatron said:

This. It’s on the mission Pouring Fourth Oil IV I believe.

 

Not being able to manually paint targets only created problems getting gold for one mission for me: Blessed are the Meek, where you need quite a few headshots before this is unlocked.

 

My tips.

1) Activate dead eye for one kill then deactivate. It is much more efficient, unless a gold objective requires you kill more than one in the same dead eye.

2) Before activating deadeye when you can’t manually pain targets, aim just above the head. Then activate deadeye, and draw your aim down. Headshot guaranteed, whether with controller or mouse.

Is there a way to stop the annoying thing where every time I get off my horse, my longarm weapons have been removed and stored onto the horse’s cargo automatically? It’s really pissing me off, because I get off my horse and follow someone or go do some objective, then I find out later that my weapons are gone, and I can only fight with my pistol.

ALSO, where do I upgrade my camp and stuff? There’s a little box that I can donate stuff to, but there’s nowhere that I can see about upgrades, I feel like I remember some sort of book for the upgrades, I remember it from videos I’ve watched I think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gwozdek

Complete first missions for Strauss, to unlock camp improvements. There will be a ledger available to do so.

Edited by Gwozdek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
golden80
3 hours ago, ThePanzerPleb113 said:

Is there a way to stop the annoying thing where every time I get off my horse, my longarm weapons have been removed and stored onto the horse’s cargo automatically? It’s really pissing me off, because I get off my horse and follow someone or go do some objective, then I find out later that my weapons are gone, and I can only fight with my pistol.

ALSO, where do I upgrade my camp and stuff? There’s a little box that I can donate stuff to, but there’s nowhere that I can see about upgrades, I feel like I remember some sort of book for the upgrades, I remember it from videos I’ve watched I think

The weapon roll-outs will do this a lot and there's not a way around it unless someone creates a mod someday. It was a massive complaint in the console versions. What's far, far worse is when/if you decide to replay missions after beating them, they'll give you R*'s defined roll-outs which are typically the base level weapons for that chapter, regular ammunition, and like 2 crappy tonics along with the default horse. They won't even give you an opportunity in almost all of them to hit a campfire and craft hollow-points. There's ways to make this a tiny bit less annoying but includes spoilers.

Edited by golden80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jimbatron
5 hours ago, ThePanzerPleb113 said:

Is there a way to stop the annoying thing where every time I get off my horse, my longarm weapons have been removed and stored onto the horse’s cargo automatically? It’s really pissing me off, because I get off my horse and follow someone or go do some objective, then I find out later that my weapons are gone, and I can only fight with my pistol.

ALSO, where do I upgrade my camp and stuff? There’s a little box that I can donate stuff to, but there’s nowhere that I can see about upgrades, I feel like I remember some sort of book for the upgrades, I remember it from videos I’ve watched I think

Yes the weapons thing is annoying. From playing on Xbox One X I think it’s got worse through patches too, the only thing I’ve been able to do is check weapons every time I dismount. What’s most annoying is trying to get exotics round the Bayou and your horse throws you into the middle of a patch of alligators - only to find you don’t have your bolt action rifle any more.

 

Camp Upgrades are unlocked after “money laundering and other sins II” for Strauss as I think other people have said above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BuckBok

Manual dead eye unlocks after oil carriage/train rob mission in Chap 2.....lolzies....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.