1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

ScriptHookRDR2

Alexander Blade

On 6/7/2020 at 9:19 PM, Alexander Blade said:

All

Those of you who are having fps drop issue while using the hook or the game crash cuz of the lack of memory starting with objects disappearing, can you show me the logs (*.log files) ?

I'm having a problem with a mod using the (january release scripthook) 

I get severe fps drops in heavily populated towns whereas without the mod my normal steady fps is 65+. 

The mod is called PED DAMAGE OVERHAUL. As soon as i turn this mod on, it tanks my fps to nearly half so instead of getting 65+fps even in populated towns, I go to valentine turn on the mod and I get about 40fps. 

https://imgur.com/a/dcf8RWt

On 6/9/2020 at 11:21 PM, serosis said:

Just a heads up, RDR2 updated to 1.0.1232.61 on EGS.

Everything seems to be working normally so far.

No crashes from the Rampage trainer or Ped Damage Overhaul plugins so it may just be a superficial update.

Do you not have any fps problems especially in populated towns using Ped damage overhaul mod? 

It doesn't tank your fps to almost half in towns? 

I'm using the latest released scripthook by AB (january release) and this mod is the only one that gives me problems. Every trainer works perfectly.

Edited by saulg00dmen

• 4 weeks later...
silvermistshadow

New update today (not sure about version number), can't seem to start the game with the scripthook, it gives a critical error about an unknown game version. Which is weird since as far as I can tell this isn't the first time the game has been updated since Jan 15, which is what the site says is the last time scripthook was updated.

Edited by silvermistshadow

Locking this until Scripthook is updated to avoid spam. Rule of thumb is that it will break after significant content updates so we need to wait.

Unlocked as ScripthookRDR2 has been updated.

• 1 month later...

game update etc.

• 1 month later...

i am having problem using script hook that when i press Z button del lobo gang member spawns i tried playing without script hook and problem solved please help i want run mods

XxoChaseGamingxX

I am having a problem with script hook when I do a mission and then finish it no other missions will show up until I sleep or save and reload and it get annoying after 10+ missions and I don't have this problem with no mods installed and also i am using a legit copy of the game

On 11/5/2020 at 8:11 PM, Khiss said:

Is Scripthook still out of date? I just bought the game and can't get mods to run

Any suggestion on this? is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

On 11/12/2020 at 12:04 PM, XxoChaseGamingxX said:

I am having a problem with script hook when I do a mission and then finish it no other missions will show up until I sleep or save and reload and it get annoying after 10+ missions and I don't have this problem with no mods installed and also i am using a legit copy of the game

Yeah I'm surprised this still isn't fixed. It got waved away on another forum and the issue was blamed on the "Moonshiner's Update," but it's very obvious that having the scripthook installed is causing the issue.

XxoChaseGamingxX
On 11/18/2020 at 4:46 PM, cp1dell said:

Yeah I'm surprised this still isn't fixed. It got waved away on another forum and the issue was blamed on the "Moonshiner's Update," but it's very obvious that having the scripthook installed is causing the issue.

Yeah it randomly got fixed for me and then i started getting the bug again randomly idk why

i have a strange bug or something like that,

the ScriptHookRDR2.log is showing me several mod-.asi files, which i already deleted out of the game folder, but its still loading them(as shown in the log)

I tried everything to fix this, like swapping the ScriptHookRDR2 Files with fresh downloaded ones etc.

I'm 100% sure i deleted these mods out of my game folder, and still they getting loaded and appear in the .log file???

How is this even possible, please help me with that Alexander

This is driving me crazy

EDIT:
Fixed it by myself now after nearly 2 hrs of searching for the solution
the .asi loader was following my "deactivated" old mods into subfolders and forced them to be loaded.. (wth this is weird af)
"Red Dead Redemption 2/.mods/deactivated"
i now deleted the files there aswell and renamed the folder

This is by far the weirdest thing i ever encountered while modding games...

Edited by an0nym0uz

I'm not 100% sure, but ever since I created an empty ScriptHookRDR2.dev file in my game's main directory, I've noticed that I'm not having the issue where missions disappear after completing a mission. Could be why Alex himself never noticed or could recreate the issue, since he probably keeps one in his directory for scripting/reloading purposes. But ever since I added that, I haven't had the issue.

On 11/21/2020 at 10:46 AM, cp1dell said:

I'm not 100% sure, but ever since I created an empty ScriptHookRDR2.dev file in my game's main directory, I've noticed that I'm not having the issue where missions disappear after completing a mission. Could be why Alex himself never noticed or could recreate the issue, since he probably keeps one in his directory for scripting/reloading purposes. But ever since I added that, I haven't had the issue.

How did you get the scripthook.dev file? Edit:nvm I figured it out and I am not having the problem any more. EDIT 2:I started getting the no mission bug again.

Edited by BMXICLERIDER

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Macaroni_and_Cheese

I have a question regarding the weather freeze option. How does it work? Does it freeze it permanently until disabled or only for some time?

I ticked Y on the box but after some time the rain that I set stopped and it got sunny again.

Just want to know this because I want the weather to last longer because I use the Longer days mod.

• 1 month later...
Yungbratz399

Is the scripthook, working for you guys, or did the recent update mess it up ?

On 2/26/2021 at 1:26 PM, Yungbratz399 said:

Is the scripthook, working for you guys, or did the recent update mess it up ?

I just started playing RDR2 and was looking for some mods and saw people complaining it wasn't working. On a lark I installed it and tried it, seems to be working. It at least brought up the trainer menu and allowed me to spawn in some creatures. Will install some mods that require it and get back to you.

• 4 weeks later...
DoN_GoTTi502

I started noticing july 2020 update of script hook is now glitching certain missions to point of not be able to complete them well there be another script hook update for the previous and new patch updates of the latest game build? 

• 1 month later...
HarryTVisitor

Has the most recent update for the Rockstar Games Launcher broken the scripthook for anyone else? Ever since I updated my launcher to 1.0.38.355 the dll files don't appear to load unless if I launch RDR2.exe manually myself, however even doing that doesn't appear to actually properly work, as any trainers I attempt to load do nothing.

For the record, my version of the game is the Rockstar Launcher version.

EDIT: Nevermind, the launcher was pointing to a completely wrong install of the game and was very confusing until I reinstalled 🤦‍♂️

Edited by HarryTVisitor

• 2 weeks later...
DoN_GoTTi502
On 4/30/2021 at 6:52 PM, HarryTVisitor said:

Has the most recent update for the Rockstar Games Launcher broken the scripthook for anyone else? Ever since I updated my launcher to 1.0.38.355 the dll files don't appear to load unless if I launch RDR2.exe manually myself, however even doing that doesn't appear to actually properly work, as any trainers I attempt to load do nothing.

For the record, my version of the game is the Rockstar Launcher version.

EDIT: Nevermind, the launcher was pointing to a completely wrong install of the game and was very confusing until I reinstalled 🤦‍♂️

don't think he's going to be updating the script hook for rdr2 no time soon it has been over almost a year since the last update around july 2020. Also over month or so since i left a message my game is basically broken with script hook installed i can't complete missions fully without disabling and relabeling script hook using ctrl+R on the keyboard every cutscene the characters get stuck as if they don't know what to do next   

• 4 weeks later...
EricPlayZ

Is there a way to disable the thing where the character puts the weapons back onto the horse while riding? Even though it spawns your weapons back onto you when you get off the horse, sometimes it doesn't actually do that which can get very annoying for me, so I tried making my own mod with ScriptHook to disable it, can't seem to find a named function that can do this though, so I tried something else. I tried making it so it knows what your last equipped weapons for your shoulder and back were, and when you get off your horse, it would give you those weapons back. Thing is though, I also couldn't find any named functions that could do all this (like a function that returns a list of your equipped weapons on your shoulder and back, etc). My last guess is that one or more of these functions do exist (for sure, since the game somehow has to equip your weapons with some sort of function lol), but they're unnamed. Could anyone help me find these functions? Not sure where to start. I've tried looking at decompiled scripts but I'm not experienced in finding the right unnamed functions.

• 1 month later...
Marcus101RR

Was about to pick this game up and now  I hear scripthook is out of date, plus no mod menu with smart tactical bodyguards. Got I miss GTA5 and GTA4 trainers.

ShiversGTA
On 7/13/2021 at 10:25 PM, Marcus101RR said:

Was about to pick this game up and now  I hear scripthook is out of date, plus no mod menu with smart tactical bodyguards. Got I miss GTA5 and GTA4 trainers.

You shouldn't worry about it Marcus. The scripthook and all my mods worked perfectly well until this morning when my game updated, we only need to wait a little while until the scripthook gets updated and we'll be all good

God I hope so. Alex has been MIA for a bit, and there's been a couple updates to the game since which fortunately haven't affected ScriptHook. I'm hoping that's the only reason it hasn't been updated, and that this time will be different since apparently it is broken.

On 7/14/2021 at 12:56 AM, 0xDEAD said:

Hello The newest update broke script hook RDR2.

REALLY?!?!