4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Remember SA:MP ???

TenAte108

10 hours ago, BrainDeadRaven said:

What servers you suggest for the RP? I plan on jumping in on that sometime next month. <(O_Ov)

Mudoo Roleplay,now renamed to Valrise Gaming. It's actually a really fun RP server. You CAN be a cop without going in the forums,but only as a volunteer. Getting into S.W.A.T and the F.B.I is hard from what I hear.  Here's their official website:

https://valrisegaming.com/

Edited by Sonny1
  • Like 1

BrainDeadRaven
1 hour ago, Sonny1 said:

Mudoo Roleplay,now renamed to Valrise Gaming. It's actually a really fun RP server. You CAN be a cop without going in the forums,but only as a volunteer. Getting into S.W.A.T and the F.B.I is hard from what I hear.  Here's their official website:

https://valrisegaming.com/

Yea, I'm totally going in as a criminal. LMAO, but pc cops will make it interesting

9 hours ago, BrainDeadRaven said:

Yea, I'm totally going in as a criminal. LMAO, but pc cops will make it interesting

Just be careful. Last time I went off duty some pricks started picking on me and a buddy because we bought beers.

• 1 month later...

I used to enjoy SAMP. The community there is pure cancer.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/8/2021 at 7:40 PM, Robert17 said:

EHEHEHE yeah sure, full of thirsty and abusing and horny people

JetNormalGuy

Last time I played SAMP was back in 2019, and It broke my heart to see all of the old favorite servers of mine shut don or have only like 2 players in them (there was a server called Minigames or something like that, it only had like 1 player when I joined it chat had something written on it like "today is the 10th anniversary of this server taht debuted in 2009, it just put in prespective how old SAMP really is), now I randomly have an itch to boot it up to see how its doing.

On 5/27/2021 at 6:38 PM, JetNormalGuy said:

Last time I played SAMP was back in 2019, and It broke my heart to see all of the old favorite servers of mine shut don or have only like 2 players in them (there was a server called Minigames or something like that, it only had like 1 player when I joined it chat had something written on it like "today is the 10th anniversary of this server taht debuted in 2009, it just put in prespective how old SAMP really is), now I randomly have an itch to boot it up to see how its doing.

that 1 player you was talking about probably me, yes me of course TenAte108 the guy with shotgun and jumps out of bounds XD

BTW, you sure know that all russian servers are full of players, most of them are with Russ language and can't understand sh*t and they may also ban/kick you as soon as you join for playing from a country outside Europe, it happened to me

the only 2 types of servers that are alive are Arizona role play and WTLS 1 2 3 and 4

these type of servers have great gameplay and stuff to do, but in WTLS rules changed in 2020 and gameplay is sh*t now and both servers got cancerous community

• Like 1

JetNormalGuy
8 hours ago, TenAte108 said:

these type of servers have great gameplay and stuff to do, but in WTLS rules changed in 2020 and gameplay is sh*t now and both servers got cancerous community

Oh god WTLS, lol I remember the countles hours I spent on that server with a max wanted level doing State-Wide Police Chases and trashtalking the cops who would fail to catch me lol good times, how drastic were those changes tho? what did they do?*

I hope its not completely dogsh*t since i'd be a shame to see WTLS fall from grace.

icebeeblue

In Indonesia, there is a roleplay server that has a slot player 0/800, many players join because of the good features. However, many players broke the server rules. 😪

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/30/2021 at 10:20 PM, JetNormalGuy said:

Oh god WTLS, lol I remember the countles hours I spent on that server with a max wanted level doing State-Wide Police Chases and trashtalking the cops who would fail to catch me lol good times, how drastic were those changes tho? what did they do?*

I hope its not completely dogsh*t since i'd be a shame to see WTLS fall from grace.

it is dogsh*t, and players who are friends of admins are like controlling the server because they are.....friends of admins

if they hack they get a pass, complete sh*t

also the server is full of kids now, and the server is laggy and buggy, besides things you buy in the game are 8 times more expensive and rules are harder than before and the game ain't simple anymore, and also the game seems to be standing in the side of V.I.P. players only with unbalanced features.

i am sorry about your old sweet days bro

On 6/1/2021 at 11:54 AM, icebeeblue said:

In Indonesia, there is a roleplay server that has a slot player 0/800, many players join because of the good features. However, many players broke the server rules. 😪

bruh GTA San Andreas is a kids game and outdated why people play it unless they got potato Pc or 30 kbps internet?

it doesn't even have offical multiplayer experience and nothing balanced at all, it is just a mod, it can shut down one day or fail to work like before then why waste time on it, go play GTA 4 or GTA 5 multiplayer at least they are balanced and polished 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2020 at 1:28 AM, heatimusZ4_ said:

lower number of players?

This game is still dominated by russian players, mostly in roleplay servers. I've still seeing videos on youtube from various russian youtubers who is still doing GTA:SAMP RP videos, with small number of english players here and there doing the same thing. Gone the late 200X days of youtube in which you saw a video on a SAMP popular server of someone maybe doing some drifting, bloopers, kills montages etc..

The only thing that keeps this mod dead is the support of the community that still supported it, just like GreenPeas said, and all that hype of the battleroyals servers back in the day. (although, MTP multiplayer mod seems to do better justice on that but that's not our multiplayer mod we're talking about..)

I still came around SAMP but rarely since the servers list is mostly filled with 80% of it RP servers that is already made me bored to tears, or maybe lack of the players needed to join a game, I even usually had to ask in the chat if someone would come and drop by, one or two round later and that player left the game (probably ragequitted ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)) but then again, SAMP at this point feels Uhhhmmm.. lacklauster IMO in terms of fun nowadays.

I'm not sure if SAMP could be revived like the old days, but I still have some glitter of hopes for it's faithful return in the future. I hope..

Russian kids plays SAMP Roleplay but he schoolboys dont have money to bought gta5 licence and usually it has old poor PCs that havent enough power to run GTA4 or GTA5 and all it can to do is play samp))))))) I love funny tdm and freeroam servers. Roleplay servers is bad last 5 years. All big projects needs donates or you need to grind many time to reach some results in it. And Roleplay servers has little-aged community who cant write text on his language without mistakes. I see samp videos uploaded in 2007-2009 year by real cool old players and i want to cry))))) And see that he climb to mount chilliad and fall down on various types of transport

• 2 weeks later...
sanfierro06

No doubt SAMP is dying. The reason for this is that GTA Online (especially fivem and role-play servers) is much better, no matter what the San Andreas and IV elitists here say, it is.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2021 at 5:22 PM, sanfierro06 said:

No doubt SAMP is dying. The reason for this is that GTA Online (especially fivem and role-play servers) is much better, no matter what the San Andreas and IV elitists here say, it is.

Kalcor didn't want to compete with the other current games, got bored and stopped posting updates for years and closed the forums. He could have left a successor to follow the project, but he preferred to delete the work of all the users who contributed scripts, gamemodes and maps. A pity, but some of us will continue with our projects at SAMP.

Yeah, the real shame was the vast collection of knowledge and resources being wiped away by closing down the forum and wiki.

qRNj5vr.gif

I still occasionally play Samp. But I found that most servers don't provide any challenge in their scripted missions. Usually activities boil down to driving between race points, and one can take unlimited time, or repeatedly pressing a button and waiting to perform "work", or a combination of the two. Even without looking at other, better games, the standard single player experience gave us challenging ambulance, taxi or truck missions with tight time and damage constraints.

LOL SAMP servers are now trash they are Russian (can't understand a single word), Iranian or some kind of Arabic servers with messed up mods and weird User Interface, english servers are wack they are either pay to win or full of degenerate and cancerous kids.

my advice is go play Roblox because RP servers seems to replicate Roblox RP style of many games one of them is WTLS servers, they copied GTA 5 in first half of server development and the other half is from Roblox ideas of games and they are pay to win now and full of toxic and painful mods who can mute you for 24 hours just for saying word "BADASS" or "WTF" besides the hackers who are friends with the mods and the mods leave them hacking without giving them any warning or ban.

But does that mean SAMP doesn't deserve? of course not, SAMP worth giving a shot but i know after 1 month you will get bored of the full of players servers (popular) and i recommend you to not pay much time playing this crap because many servers got abandoned or taken down for unknown reasons and many players lost their progress just like GTA 5 case and yeah SAMP is dying and the only things keeping it alive are "POOR KIDS" Who got wack PC's that CAN'T run GTA San Andreas over 640x480 resolution or LONG-TIME players who are veterans since early days of the server they played in and they grinded so much so they can't leave the game that easy nor forget about it.

GTA 4 is still fun and worth playing to this day and it's timeless and as you can see Take Two ordered Rockstar to shut down GTA Online for sake of paying attention to RDR 2 Online and focus on GTA 6 development since the game is coming very soon this decade and they confirmed it.

I can't forget those good old SAMP days when there was good simple servers with grove Street VS Ballas and other gangs and the server would have up to 40 players OMG so nostalgic and you can still find videos of em on Youtube with even commentary ones.

Have a good day my friends :)

On 8/6/2021 at 10:59 AM,  dice said:

Yeah, the real shame was the vast collection of knowledge and resources being wiped away by closing down the forum and wiki.

This microwave is so nostalgic

I recently started to pop in ocasionally again, since the last time I played constantly was on 2012. Can't say about RP servers since I personally find RP boring, but I do go into freefroam (specially United Islands) just to have some chaotic fun on spawnkilling parties and just, well roam around. I also go into minigames servers if there are enough people (which is rarely)
Freeroam servers are still pretty crowded, can't say I've found any hacker in there, but that may be because I stick to specific freeroaming activies and really don't go into deathmatches or races.
Minigames servers used to be a lot of fun but those seem to do have a decline on player numbers and the few times I have gave them a try I haven't found hackers (yet?) 
Gang wars servers were also a lot of fun but the major problem with them is, like was mentioned before, the lack of players, those really are pretty much empty.
GTA Online is cool and all but SA:MP has that nostalgic fun and big variety. Playing with any skin from the game and having the liberty to go into many kinds of servers just to have fun is something I enjoy more than grinding money and buying fast, futuristic cars and bases used to just grind more money to get more cars and bases.

On 8/11/2021 at 6:10 PM, Alekx said:

I recently started to pop in ocasionally again, since the last time I played constantly was on 2012. Can't say about RP servers since I personally find RP boring, but I do go into freefroam (specially United Islands) just to have some chaotic fun on spawnkilling parties and just, well roam around. I also go into minigames servers if there are enough people (which is rarely)
Freeroam servers are still pretty crowded, can't say I've found any hacker in there, but that may be because I stick to specific freeroaming activies and really don't go into deathmatches or races.
Minigames servers used to be a lot of fun but those seem to do have a decline on player numbers and the few times I have gave them a try I haven't found hackers (yet?) 
Gang wars servers were also a lot of fun but the major problem with them is, like was mentioned before, the lack of players, those really are pretty much empty.
GTA Online is cool and all but SA:MP has that nostalgic fun and big variety. Playing with any skin from the game and having the liberty to go into many kinds of servers just to have fun is something I enjoy more than grinding money and buying fast, futuristic cars and bases used to just grind more money to get more cars and bases.

I agree with every single word you say because i experienced all that, but yeah SAMP is now boring and they seem to be trashing

Samp servers and especially Valrise have more commands than MS-DOS. I don't get how people find this method of input engaging as a game and acceptable in modern day. At least some other servers allow the player to walk onto a marker and bring up choices from a menu.

On 8/15/2021 at 9:48 PM, j7n said:

Samp servers and especially Valrise have more commands than MS-DOS. I don't get how people find this method of input engaging as a game and acceptable in modern day. At least some other servers allow the player to walk onto a marker and bring up choices from a menu.

what?

On 8/11/2021 at 6:10 PM, Alekx said:

I enjoyed Gang wars servers so much and welcome to los santos RP but lack of players and toxic community made me quit and uninstall SAMP after all, the only thing that will make me get back to SAMP is if there are deathmatch servers that are quick paced like FPS games (quake and CS) and are not actually pay to win, also i would like to see one good RP server that deserves to waste time on instead of grinding 1 year and you see a new player pay to do all that grinding in matter of purchase was made in minutes, kinda depressing to see your 1 year worth of grind be purchased with money by a new player who doesn't know how to struggle and still be better than you.

I remember back in 2012, there was a deathmatch server that used the beta multiplayer maps for GTA san andreas and the duration of the match is like 5 minutes and you get to kill other players (free for all) in this amount of time and score as high as you can, it was so fun to be honest and no pay to win at all (no purchases) you just log in - select character - select a weapon - join lobby, and there you go, casual and easy and all depends on skills and how good you are.

RP servers were simpler back in the day, a lot of players and no toxic kids you simply do a one little job and you get plenty of money to buy stuff around, you can actually do 10 trash man jobs and buy a property after, it was crazy and fun but now they downgraded all that, see when you used to get 10,500 dollars from the single trash bag collected instead you now get 2,500 dollars and that's because admins are greedy and think about money more than the fun you are going to have, they want to drive you to online purchase.

they gradually make the game harder on you to stress you out and say "f&ck it i will buy this with real life money because i am lazy" and making game harder for something like this is not fair at all, online purchases are supposed to give you extra things not related to grinding

it provided me with some of the best online gaming experiences ever, although i prefer MTA, it's even less active than SAMP, which is a shame, both of them were really good at their golden periods

I still play samp sometimes, used to play on gang war and zombie servers. It's fun if you find the right servers. 

On 8/22/2021 at 3:19 AM, TenAte108 said:

what?

Join the server and watch the barrage of questions in the /ask channel. Most of them are in the form Q: "How do I do this?" A: /dothis. Nobody can remember the list of commands. Almost every action is initiated by opening the chat and typing in there. Instead of shooting and pressing buttons with the use key, I start playing by creating an AutoHotkey script.

On 5/8/2021 at 7:40 PM, Robert17 said:

Oh wow look who it is here, the cat guy from discord, what a terrible day to have eyes

On 8/30/2021 at 1:55 AM, Darknife said:

🤑

Female???????????????

I have played SAMP back in 2012 I think, it was more trending these days. I've tried it last year or something, and the problem I believe is in people overall.
SAMP is not being updated for a long time, it makes a portion of people to leave just because it is outdated.
Server admins, or should I call it trend became more aimed for cash grab than making fun for community within its community, I mean people leave because once popular servers implemented pay walls and paid functions making the game less fair to those who want to make their day.
I used to play NG:RP or what ever it was called, liked its floating RP style, but admins just like everywhere else started to care less and keep the servers run just for donations. F.ex. I've tried some popular russian quiet heavy rp server where I was shot dead in the first 5 minutes by high level player. Does not seems like SAMP provides anti DM functions or if admins would care about such stuff, meanwhile roleplaying in the hospital and stuff was quiet good but at the same rate it felt way to unbalanced as in one place you got some heavy stuff going on and on another you're just being shot for no reason and your day is over.

You know, if there was an update for SAMP, implementing new functions that would help to track player behaviors to protect them from being deathmatched on RP servers or being cheated on gang wars or whatever then there would be more people who would love to come back for some evenings, and sure thing, servers with admins who would actually care about anything more than their income and friendos.

PS: the main reason why I left NG:RP was admins. They were relying on donations and gave admin power to their friends or so called c00l guys who could never have any administrative position in their life as they were abusing their admin powers and doing whatever they please, and taking sides for their friendos when decisions of who broke the rule should have been made.

PSS: Some light RP servers are trying to copy GTAO since it has been released. I swear, it was never fun to play GTAO with their all the time make your way to point B and then back to point A over and over again. It is like a job, but virtual, like I don't have a job in real life and enjoying working virtually. I'm too old for this crap.
Out off topic, but the same applies for mod scene of SA as people implementing stuff from GTAV. Why make SA look like V if you can play V? The point of playing SA is to play SA for its esthetics.

Edited by gtadrive

On 9/4/2021 at 12:14 PM, gtadrive said:

I have played SAMP back in 2012 I think, it was more trending these days. I've tried it last year or something, and the problem I believe is in people overall.
SAMP is not being updated for a long time, it makes a portion of people to leave just because it is outdated.
Server admins, or should I call it trend became more aimed for cash grab than making fun for community within its community, I mean people leave because once popular servers implemented pay walls and paid functions making the game less fair to those who want to make their day.
I used to play NG:RP or what ever it was called, liked its floating RP style, but admins just like everywhere else started to care less and keep the servers run just for donations. F.ex. I've tried some popular russian quiet heavy rp server where I was shot dead in the first 5 minutes by high level player. Does not seems like SAMP provides anti DM functions or if admins would care about such stuff, meanwhile roleplaying in the hospital and stuff was quiet good but at the same rate it felt way to unbalanced as in one place you got some heavy stuff going on and on another you're just being shot for no reason and your day is over.

You know, if there was an update for SAMP, implementing new functions that would help to track player behaviors to protect them from being deathmatched on RP servers or being cheated on gang wars or whatever then there would be more people who would love to come back for some evenings, and sure thing, servers with admins who would actually care about anything more than their income and friendos.

PS: the main reason why I left NG:RP was admins. They were relying on donations and gave admin power to their friends or so called c00l guys who could never have any administrative position in their life as they were abusing their admin powers and doing whatever they please, and taking sides for their friendos when decisions of who broke the rule should have been made.

PSS: Some light RP servers are trying to copy GTAO since it has been released. I swear, it was never fun to play GTAO with their all the time make your way to point B and then back to point A over and over again. It is like a job, but virtual, like I don't have a job in real life and enjoying working virtually. I'm too old for this crap.
Out off topic, but the same applies for mod scene of SA as people implementing stuff from GTAV. Why make SA look like V if you can play V? The point of playing SA is to play SA for its esthetics.

Moral of the story is that admins are jerks and they are bunch of 10 years old kids who got no life but relying on their server money and their servers are full of cancerous and toxic people anyway

and I don't see killing other players is a problem for me as long as they don't abuse game glitches like rapid deagle shots and C bug and abusing sawn off

I well remember playing SA:MP somewhere in 2012 as a kid, and going around random Polish servers. I barely remember the past, but I well remember the entertainment I got from it. I still feel proud when I once managed to convince a owner of an active server to make me a mod, he aswell gave me a tour of the server. Gosh that was fun. SAMP is still kinda fun, but not as much as in the past. I seriously disgust though how toxic those servers are, I never remembered such toxicity years back.