3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Remember SA:MP ???

TenAte108

Frequency of SA:MP players is lower than before.

for example, in 2017 there was a server called GANG WARS, players who were online was about 57 from 100 - now look, it is just 8 from 100 and when it gets crowded it be 15 from 100 never exceed that high number.

what i am trying to say is, don't let gta sa die and keep it alive by playing its multiplayer modification (SAMP)

keep in mind that SA MP was before MTA.

can you guys for those who didn't play it try SA MP, that would at least help bringing back high numbers of players to the game.

the servers are voided and lonely.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, dent0nz said:

I used to play SA:MP a lot back then, around 2010, but then I stopped playing it like 7 years ago.

My favorite server got shutdown, honestly I never saw the appeal of the other gamemodes.

I played on freeroam and race most of the time, I never liked the appeal of roleplay or deathmatch though. For the latter, I rather play Counter-Strike or any arena shooters other than San Andreas. SA:MP deathmatch was (and always is) pure chaos and a laggy experience.

Also nowadays I rather play on singleplayer than on multiplayer.

i know i know, they used aimbots back then

i wish i could i really do. i have seen plenty of samp gameplay. but sadly im just a console player. it looks very fun too.

• Like 1

Guest Billy Russo

Yes I do. I thought it was more fun than GTA Online. I only briefly played it when I dabbled in PC gaming, but it was still one of the best Online experiences I've had. 

21 hours ago, confederatestatesgta said:

i wish i could i really do. i have seen plenty of samp gameplay. but sadly im just a console player. it looks very fun too.

aww

21 hours ago, Billy Russo said:

Yes I do. I thought it was more fun than GTA Online. I only briefly played it when I dabbled in PC gaming, but it was still one of the best Online experiences I've had. 

yeah it is better than GTA v online, it also had servers look like GTA online exactly with same gameplay and rules.

buying condos, cars, colored guns, getting hoes, doing jobs for cj and his homies even his foes, buying proprties that gets you money AAAAAAND FINALLY modding your servers with new music and cars and maps and stuff.......

note : GTA SA MP consumes 3-5kbs per second on each 10 players are active in same server that means it consumes very little data amount if we have 100 players in one servers and thats AMAZZZZZING

Guest Billy Russo

SA:MP was definitely something you had to play at it's peak. When I played, there was nothing like that going on. It was pretty damn fun. There was definitely still moments where it was a sh*tshow, but I used to make lot of friends just messing around in free roam. I remember when I first played it, a guy essentially showed me the ropes of everything and it was all I played until I went back to Console. I do miss those times. Something about Multiplayer from that era is just special.

I absolutely despise it,but I can see it as a concept being really fun.The most popular server,AKA United Islands Freeroam is FILLED with tryhards and arseholes,flying cars just RAMMING into you,it's a total sh*tshow where you can barely have any fun.That's my experience at least...

Edited by Eriahslon

• 3 weeks later...

I still play it sometimes. Most of the servers are totally chaotic piles of sh*t filled with hackers and tryharding weirdos, butt here are still some good servers to enjoy.

• Like 2

I play SAMP, and the truth is that there are hackers on any server, whether Roleplay or Freeroam that ruin (at least me and many) the gaming experience on these servers.

Just think about it: Who wants to play on a server where almost everyone has aimbot and any other hack that won't let you play in peace? Please; I even thought about withdrawing from SAMP for those things.

There are also communities of some servers that are very toxic ... if you know what I mean ...

I really don't see a good future for SAMP ...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

lower number of players?

This game is still dominated by russian players, mostly in roleplay servers. I've still seeing videos on youtube from various russian youtubers who is still doing GTA:SAMP RP videos, with small number of english players here and there doing the same thing. Gone the late 200X days of youtube in which you saw a video on a SAMP popular server of someone maybe doing some drifting, bloopers, kills montages etc..

The only thing that keeps this mod dead is the support of the community that still supported it, just like GreenPeas said, and all that hype of the battleroyals servers back in the day. (although, MTP multiplayer mod seems to do better justice on that but that's not our multiplayer mod we're talking about..)

I still came around SAMP but rarely since the servers list is mostly filled with 80% of it RP servers that is already made me bored to tears, or maybe lack of the players needed to join a game, I even usually had to ask in the chat if someone would come and drop by, one or two round later and that player left the game (probably ragequitted ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)) but then again, SAMP at this point feels Uhhhmmm.. lacklauster IMO in terms of fun nowadays.

I'm not sure if SAMP could be revived like the old days, but I still have some glitter of hopes for it's faithful return in the future. I hope..

Edited by Heatnix_
blah blah, grammarz correctionz & extending da text.

• 10 months later...

SA-MP hasn't been seeing lower player numbers. It's actually still breaking player count records. Nowadays it can easily make it to the Top 10 Games by Players list on steam. I think the Non-English speaking community have been largely responsible for the growth. Some Russian servers are almost always packed with players.

Personally the only Russian servers that I play on are the ones that use SA-MP-Translate to translate the ingame chat from Russian to English in real time... At least that way I can communicate with the other players which makes the server fun.

Edited by DayWalkerZM

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/12/2019 at 3:09 PM, Eriahslon said:

I absolutely despise it,but I can see it as a concept being really fun.The most popular server,AKA United Islands Freeroam is FILLED with tryhards and arseholes,flying cars just RAMMING into you,it's a total sh*tshow where you can barely have any fun.That's my experience at least...

I can really relate to this. The community is just the worst. Not to mention p2w (pay to win) is a common thing in UIF.

On 11/12/2019 at 2:09 PM, Eriahslon said:

This also was an free roam server. You can out godmode on and all. I prevered rp server. Or better a mix of rp and dm. A german server named grp, german roll play had a great mix. Everyone could do what they want. Except rampaging. But it was pretty fun. Atleast this server has rules. Not like gta online or uif.... 

There is a better project now instead of sa-mp. That the old sa-mp players have created.

It is called open.mp

• 2 months later...

It's a good concept, however the servers are filled to the brim with hackers and script kiddies.

deadlyarmagh

I can really relate to this. The community is just the worst. Not to mention p2w (pay to win) is a common thing in UIF.

Depends from the server you played

BrainDeadRaven
On 11/8/2019 at 5:38 AM, TenAte108 said:

Frequency of SA:MP players is lower than before.

for example, in 2017 there was a server called GANG WARS, players who were online was about 57 from 100 - now look, it is just 8 from 100 and when it gets crowded it be 15 from 100 never exceed that high number.

what i am trying to say is, don't let gta sa die and keep it alive by playing its multiplayer modification (SAMP)

keep in mind that SA MP was before MTA.

can you guys for those who didn't play it try SA MP, that would at least help bringing back high numbers of players to the game.

the servers are voided and lonely.

I'm looking to get a gaming computer likely in April, otherwise I'd be on it now lol.

BrainDeadRaven
On 1/1/2021 at 2:30 PM, Davve95 said:

There is a better project now instead of sa-mp. That the old sa-mp players have created.

It is called open.mp

Unless I'm not seeing something, this doesn't look done, and while I hope for the best always, We've all seen awesome projects make headway and die. (I've been part of a few) Its the problem with passion vs paid work.

With that said, with all the problems of the SA:MP servers, you can always host one.

I spent years playing SA:MP... good memories... 

• Like 2

I played a lot of SAMP years ago, between 2009 and 2011, there were so many good servers online with a lot of game modes, servers were always full. Haven't played since then. And yeah, hackers were a problem back then as well

• Like 1

Ah, yes. 

Who remembers trying to guess admin's password by typing /rcon login?

dantedenirodeniro

SA:MP was incredible, such a fun online experience. But I think that's natural that it would die in some moment, GTA SA it's a 17 years old game

Edited by dantedenirodeniro

Yeah, it was fun playing the light hearted RP servers like SZR or Street Of Los Santos. I stopped around 2012, was taking up so much time as I had started a LS:RP character. Burnt myself out. I would hate to load up the client and see it on its deathbed. At the same time, I always wished that the community would migrate to IV (which was difficult in real time because of PC limitations) or V. The communities over there are way more casual. SAMP might have been lightning in a bottle.

Still play it here and there sometimes, there are still some good server to play on but player numbers sure do decrease. RP server still seem to go strong tho. I expected FiveM to be the next SAMP but I dunno, it's pretty much serious RP and no fun. 

I do wonder what would those possible remakes mean for existing community that plays SAMP, would they shift to it or would they stay on the current version. 

10 hours ago, Pingley said:

Still play it here and there sometimes, there are still some good server to play on but player numbers sure do decrease. RP server still seem to go strong tho. I expected FiveM to be the next SAMP but I dunno, it's pretty much serious RP and no fun. 

I do wonder what would those possible remakes mean for existing community that plays SAMP, would they shift to it or would they stay on the current version. 

I think RP can be fun. I used to be a cop once in a server and we got into a lot of raids. Sadly, I was never able to become a S.W.A.T officer as you would have to apply in the forums which I think is pretty dumb.

BrainDeadRaven
2 hours ago, Pingley said:

What servers you suggest for the RP? I plan on jumping in on that sometime next month. <(O_Ov)