Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

      1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

How to make AA look less like AIDS


Shanki

Recommended Posts

Odd, i just use TAA on High and ignore the other two AA options, looks awesome for me. What's the point in using multiple versions of AA?

 

God this game looks hideous with just TAA! Whatever will I do!?

 

9.png

 

Get on and play the game you petty gits 😂

Edited by sWi7zLe
Hideous Looking Game :|
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, sWi7zLe said:

Odd, i just use TAA on High and ignore the other two AA options, looks awesome for me. What's the point in using multiple versions of AA?

 

God this game looks hideous with just TAA! Whatever will I do!?

 

9.png

 

Get on and play the game you petty gits 😂

TAA creates blur, kind of like its slightly out of focus and it's worse with movement. It's not so bad sitting still. To compare just how blurry it really is, turn TAA off and turn on MSAA and notice the difference. As far as using TAA + FXAA, it adds more AA overall with next to no performance hit. If you use TAA + FXAA + Nvidia sharpening it looks amazing!

Link to post
Share on other sites

But far distance looks blurry

2 hours ago, McGuinness45 said:

TAA creates blur, kind of like its slightly out of focus and it's worse with movement. It's not so bad sitting still. To compare just how blurry it really is, turn TAA off and turn on MSAA and notice the difference. As far as using TAA + FXAA, it adds more AA overall with next to no performance hit. If you use TAA + FXAA + Nvidia sharpening it looks amazing!

But far distance looks blurry :(

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hang on..

 

Do you get more foliage with MXAA on?

 

... No you get a lot less!

 

 

Don't like how it looks at all with MSAA. It made blades of grass looks stringy and removed depth and foliage from trees and bushes... whilst giving me awesome 30fps drop!

I'll pass, TXAA works and looks so much better for me.

 

 

And I went back to the game a fell through the floor!!

Edited by sWi7zLe
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I always turn that off.

 

I've just tried DX12 for the first time.... Seems to use slightly less GPU and I've lost an average of around 20fps 🤔

 

Vulkan ftw :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, sWi7zLe said:

Yeah I always turn that off.

 

I've just tried DX12 for the first time.... Seems to use slightly less GPU and I've lost an average of around 20fps 🤔

 

Vulkan ftw :)

Sharpening doesn't work with Vulcan. Directx is visually better

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ferio said:

Sharpening doesn't work with Vulcan. Directx is visually better

Wrong and Wrong. Sharpening does work. You have to use the Geforce Experience Overlay. DX is not visually better. Both are the same. They are just different APIs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, RedIndianRobin said:

Wrong and Wrong. Sharpening does work. You have to use the Geforce Experience Overlay. DX is not visually better. Both are the same. They are just different APIs.

The Image Sharpening filter that was first released in NVIDIA Freestyle has now been added to the NVIDIA Control Panel.  This addition provides an easy one-click method of applying Image Sharpening globally to all DirectX 9, 10, 11 and 12 games (Vulkan and OpenGL is coming soon in a future driver). Like the Freestyle filter, sharpness can be adjusted on a per-game basis, or you can apply it globally for all supported titles.

 

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4920/~/how-to-enable-image-sharpening-in-the-nvidia-control-panel

 

Edited by Ferio
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ferio said:

The Image Sharpening filter that was first released in NVIDIA Freestyle has now been added to the NVIDIA Control Panel.  This addition provides an easy one-click method of applying Image Sharpening globally to all DirectX 9, 10, 11 and 12 games (Vulkan and OpenGL is coming soon in a future driver). Like the Freestyle filter, sharpness can be adjusted on a per-game basis, or you can apply it globally for all supported titles.

 

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4920/~/how-to-enable-image-sharpening-in-the-nvidia-control-panel

 

It works. I turned it on (on Nvidia control panel) and I noticed the difference right away.

Edited by a[T]s
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RuskiChleb said:

so, this is somethin like anisotropic filtering? turn it on, 1-2 fps difference?

Use TAA medium with the TAA slider maxed + use FXAA at the same time if you want to for a little bit extra AA at almost no fps loss + use Nvidias sharpening tool. Using TAA makes it look like it's slightly out of focus and the sharpening tool makes it clear again. It's a night and day difference. Edit: the sharpening tool might cost you 1 or 2 frames, nothing special.

Edited by McGuinness45
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, McGuinness45 said:

Use TAA medium with the TAA slider maxed + use FXAA at the same time if you want to for a little bit extra AA at almost no fps loss + use Nvidias sharpening tool. Using TAA makes it look like it's slightly out of focus and the sharpening tool makes it clear again. It's a night and day difference.

What settings are used? 

 

0.40 for sharp and 0.15 for grain or something?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ferio said:

What settings are used? 

 

0.40 for sharp and 0.15 for grain or something?

Something like that. It'll be different for everyone. Somewhere between 40-60 maybe, I didn't touch the film grain slider, but you can see a difference with that too if you play around with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

RDR2.gif

This an example of TAA + FXAA and TAA + FXAA + Nvidias sharpening. It looks better and is more noticeable in game but you can see the difference in clarity.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I found the sweet-spot for clarity without any blurriness with a pretty good performance. Just use TAA Medium, NVidia Sharpening around 0,6 and Resolution Scale at 1.250 in the advanced options of the game. I tested with and without Resolution Scale and while moving you can see the difference. No more blurriness while moving. You will get a slight performance hit but nowhere near like using 2x MSAA. Just use this link to turn down settings that have high impact on performance without much difference in visuals. I turned down reflection quality and volumetrics with most things on high and ultra and getting 58-70 on an RTX2080 at 2560x1080. If you have G-Sync use it and it will be ultra smooth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, McGuinness45 said:

RDR2.gif

This an example of TAA + FXAA and TAA + FXAA + Nvidias sharpening. It looks better and is more noticeable in game but you can see the difference in clarity.

Hm...nvidia sharp really change contrast.

10 hours ago, sWi7zLe said:

Odd, i just use TAA on High and ignore the other two AA options, looks awesome for me. What's the point in using multiple versions of AA?

 

God this game looks hideous with just TAA! Whatever will I do!?

 

9.png

 

Get on and play the game you petty gits 😂

Why your dirt looks better than mine))) I set 2K resolution and ultra textures.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe the reason I prefer TXAA has something to with me being shortsighted? Everything is already slightly blurry, so it's more lifelike 🤣

 

 

1 hour ago, Koltos said:

Why your dirt looks better than mine))) I set 2K resolution and ultra textures.

Coz it's raining 😏

Edited by sWi7zLe
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried lot of options,game still looks blurry at closer distance

Even tried reshade and game looks bit clearer but still it doesent even match with pics u guys put here

I have rx 590

Also hair looks shaggy as hell with or without FXAA,TAA 

Edited by Mark3ec
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Pointi1978 said:

I turned off Motion Blur. Image looks much sharper now. Motion Blur seems to blur the whole image even if you are standing still.

The motion blur in this game is per object (i.e only objects that move will be blurred). So things like foliage or people moving around will appear blurry even if standing still.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello - is poor AA responsible for the "low res" hair textures of characters ? Im on chapter 1 and the hair looks very weird and not sharp like in some screenshots I have seen on PC version . Currently im only using FXAA. Does the Combo of TAA + FXAA and sharpening help it ? Does TAA lower frame rate alot ? Heard it's an 11.26% performance cost 

edit : sharpening setting does not appear for me . Does gtx 1070 have it ? 

Edited by maxim444
Link to post
Share on other sites

I read somewhere that setting TAA Sharpening to max in game sharpens close objects more, leaving trees and such looking blurry in the distance.

 

Results are more consistent if you leave TAA Sharpening off in game and use NVIDIA Sharpening instead, I've not tested myself but thought I'd put it out there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2019 at 11:06 AM, sWi7zLe said:

But it look bloody amazing now ;)

TAA looks great on screenshots or 4k... but in 1080p in movement looks a bit blurry. thats the only issue.

On 11/9/2019 at 4:37 AM, maxim444 said:

there is no NVIDIA Sharpening for me ...what could it be ?

sharpening only works in dx12 not in vulkan...i believe to be able to set it to work on vulkan you need the nvidia experience crap that i refuse to download xD

On 11/9/2019 at 3:24 AM, Mark3ec said:

Tried lot of options,game still looks blurry at closer distance

Even tried reshade and game looks bit clearer but still it doesent even match with pics u guys put here

I have rx 590

Also hair looks shaggy as hell with or without FXAA,TAA 

for now only use TAA medium or high... forget about fxaa or msaa.  taa is the only viable option atm.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if it's already been said, I currently can't read the whole thread cause I'm at work, but you CAN use Nvidia Freestyle on Vulkan, BUT the Nvidia overlay kills a little bit the framerate for me, 3/4 fps less (sometimes even more). A small amount amount you would say but it's very noticable while riding into towns.

My PC: Ryzen 5 3600 RTX 2060 Super 16GB 3200MHz, and giving that this game is weirdly optimized, I can't really reach 70 fps in towns, sometimes it drops at 55/50 with the Nvidia overlay on.

Edited by (Vip)Met
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.