Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

RuskiChleb

Optimization

Recommended Posts

HaRdSTyLe_83
3 hours ago, seldo said:

How do you lock? Is this based on your screen?

I only have 50 or 60 fps

yes, if your screen is only 60Hz it will only show those 2 option, mine is 120Hz, but if i set to 100Hz or 120Hz the image when turning the camera around isnt that smooth, maybe its just me but the 60hz feel way more then that.

Also the settings dont seem to save once in awhile, and every time i log in its set to windowed mode

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slappy212

Is there any chance they could make this more optimized or is that just a pipe dream?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RuskiChleb
3 hours ago, Slappy212 said:

Is there any chance they could make this more optimized or is that just a pipe dream?

 they probably will release some patches with improved optimization, but dont count on too much, cause u can get dissapointed later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hertigo

I'm currently playing on pretty high settings but it's very bad playing it with mouse and keyboard. Im using a xbox controller right now and it does "feel" smoother when playing the game compared to mouse and keyboard. It's just like playing on console but with like 40-50 fps. I do really think they will release some patches to make it more optimized but don't expect much improvement. Also IMO the game is meant to be played with a controller cause the keybindings and stuff feel awkward for me.

Edited by Hertigo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gwozdek
32 minutes ago, RuskiChleb said:

 they probably will release some patches with improved optimization, but dont count on too much, cause u can get dissapointed later

I've seen some comments that GTA V wasn't that great at the beggining. Yes, there were patches that fixed the game. But I can't comfirm that, because I played GTA V on PC first time in late 2018.

If that is true, I hope they will repair RDR aswell.

30 minutes ago, Hertigo said:

I'm currently playing on pretty high settings but it's very bad playing it with mouse and keyboard. Im using a xbox controller right now and it does "feel" smoother when playing the game compared to mouse and keyboard. It's just like playing on console but with like 40-50 fps. I do really think they will release some patches to make it more optimized but don't expect much improvement. Also IMO the game is meant to be played with a controller cause the keybindings and stuff feel awkward for me.

Personally, I play most of my games on pad. Keyboard only if there's no other way, or in TPP shooters, like Max Payne.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2ndLastJedi

If Rstar do the normal optimization of most developers (just lowering graphics and call it optimization) RDR2 I hope they leave the High and Ultra settings alone, it looks great on my PC and I'm worried they will ruin such a great looking game by just reducing effects. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RuskiChleb
5 minutes ago, 2ndLastJedi said:

If Rstar do the normal optimization of most developers (just lowering graphics and call it optimization) RDR2 I hope they leave the High and Ultra settings alone, it looks great on my PC and I'm worried they will ruin such a great looking game by just reducing effects. 

yo, bruh - are u like fo real? like there is no developer, that "lowers graphics and calls it optimization" not even ubisoft, what are you talking about? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrPhillips
On 11/7/2019 at 8:22 PM, RogueMango said:

at low-medium, equivalent to console settings

Keep in mind that some console settings are lower than low on PC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JMachadex
2 hours ago, 2ndLastJedi said:

If Rstar do the normal optimization of most developers (just lowering graphics and call it optimization) RDR2 I hope they leave the High and Ultra settings alone, it looks great on my PC and I'm worried they will ruin such a great looking game by just reducing effects. 

Man im running at Ultra and High but i have FPS drops, ofc this game is not well optimized. And these graphics looks the same as PS4.

 

my pc:

 

i7 - 9700K 3.60Ghz

 

24GB DDR4

 

RX 5700 XT 8GB

 

SSD 1TB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Koltos
1 hour ago, MrPhillips said:

Keep in mind that some console settings are lower than low on PC.

Lol, Xbox one X has all lights lanterns areas in night. And on PC it can be only on ultra lightning settings)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kris194

 

Perfect video for those who say, that RDR 2 is unoptimized on PC. It's not unoptimized, it's just demanding and it's people's fault cranking up settings too much because they seem to think, that Xbox One X uses High settings. I hope, that Rockstar will do the same thing with GTA VI for PC (scalable game with something for enthusiasts and some future-proofing) :)

Edited by Kris194

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ron Damon
45 minutes ago, Kris194 said:

 

Perfect video for those who say, that RDR 2 is unoptimized on PC. It's not unoptimized, it's just demanding and it's people's fault cranking up settings too much because you seem to think, that Xbox One X uses High settings. I hope, that Rockstar will do the same thing with GTA VI for PC (scalable game with something for enthusiasts and some future-proofing) :)

DF are not R* devs, there's plenty improvements to make, specially the disparity of AMD vs Nvidia and the stuttering issues.

Edited by Ron Damon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kris194

Stuttering? You mean stuttering on 4c/4t CPUs? This game has been clearly designed with more than 4 threads in mind, even PS4 has 6 threads available to game developers. i7 is not in recommended requirements for no reason.

Edited by Kris194

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ron Damon
2 minutes ago, Kris194 said:

Stuttering? You mean stuttering on 4c/4t CPUs? This game has been clearly designed with more than 4 threads in mind, even PS4 has 6 threads available to game developers. i7 is not in recommended requirements for no reason.

Stutterings in high-end hardware. Some people are having stuterrings in Vulkan while DX12 doesn't have it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
m8son

Got the game running decent enough, only to reach Chapter 3 and see that all the trees near Rhodes are flickering/stuttering back and forth like crazy.

Does anyone have a fix for this yet?  I've heard it's a common issue and the only fix I've seen is to switch to Vulkan, but my game runs like sh*t on that setting and it won't go exclusive fullscreen for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StoOopiD
On 11/7/2019 at 4:12 PM, HaRdSTyLe_83 said:

 

people complaining about optimization on pc, and im running both side by side and laughing at those comments 🤣

 

3RCV41g.jpg

 

 

lets not forget that the xbox runs below 30fps at 864p, not even 1080p. its so bad in graphics and resolution i never even finished the game or even enjoyed it.

 

I laugh at ur cubbie holes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noetski

Ryzen 5 2600

16gb @3200

Rtx 2060

 

1080p at around 60fps on high settings looks pretty good to me, sometimes it drops below the 50s but ill take that for how great the game looks.

 

I dont think its unoptimized that badly, sure there are some issues and keep in mind that dx12 is far from perfect even on other games especially with the stuttering (Bf V ran sh*t on dx12).  

 

Just imagine in maybe 3 years from now you'll be running this game at 4k60 ultra with some sweet graphic mods to make it look even better than it allready does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2ndLastJedi
8 hours ago, JMachadex said:

Man im running at Ultra and High but i have FPS drops, ofc this game is not well optimized. And these graphics looks the same as PS4.

 

my pc:

 

i7 - 9700K 3.60Ghz

 

24GB DDR4

 

RX 5700 XT 8GB

 

SSD 1TB

Mate even the lowest settings are higher than Xbox x as we have been shown by Digital Foundry. 

I run at 1440p with similar settings to Joker Productions 1080ti settings and it's totally smooth with no drops at all on my 7700k/1080ti PC. 

 

10 hours ago, RuskiChleb said:

yo, bruh - are u like fo real? like there is no developer, that "lowers graphics and calls it optimization" not even ubisoft, what are you talking about? 

S397 lowered the reflection rate and shadows in rF2 in the name of optimisation and I'm sure others have done the same, all I am hopi g for is that Rstar don't so the same and truly find some performance somewhere and not just lower quality, not saying they will, just hoping they can find something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2ndLastJedi

This is very informative 

Gamers Nexus again with the goods!

 

Edited by 2ndLastJedi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JMachadex
2 hours ago, 2ndLastJedi said:

Mate even the lowest settings are higher than Xbox x as we have been shown by Digital Foundry. 

I run at 1440p with similar settings to Joker Productions 1080ti settings and it's totally smooth with no drops at all on my 7700k/1080ti PC. 

 

Really man? Really if we put graphics at LOW they are better than Xbox ? :) nice to hear, because in Xbox graphics looks nice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gwozdek

Not textures. They cause eye cancer on low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yoona

Guys I found a leaked Switch version screenshot, looks to be running at 540p.

 

rdr2switch-LI

 

 

Kappa, just kidding of course

Edited by Yoona

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JMachadex

Guys for me i think i found a fix for FPS DROP constantly. Now im playing with V-sync ON and game is running really smooth.

 

I just put Resolution Scale at 5/4 ( x1.250) and game is running much better and game looks much better.

 

My resolution is 1920x1080 Full HD - My screen is a AOC Gaming G2778VQ FREESYNC 1MS FULL HD 27

Edited by JMachadex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MarshallRawR

Hi,

people with AMD GPUs, could you try to go to your system.xml file located in your Documents\Rockstar Games\Red Dead Redemption 2\Settings folder

and change the value of asyncComputeEnabled value="false" to asyncComputeEnabled value="true" and report back.

This should lower/remove the small stutters in frametime. Again, this is for AMD GPUs though you're free to try on NVIDIA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Breitsmeister

Hi,

 

The game runs pretty good like constant 60 fps with medium settings. (always smooth 60fps at 1080p is all I care about)

But when I'm in the village like Valentine the fps drops to 44/45.

It's like when I'm in a busy area the fps just drops 15 frames.

I've tuned the settings but it won't help I still get the 45 fps.

 

The same occured with GTA V on launch date, but it was mostly fixed with tuning the settings and some updates also helped a great deal.

 

With RDR2, I also get random freezes for about 5 seconds but the audio keeps playing.

This is mostly fixed for me using BES, that program limits the amount of cpu load of the game.

 

Maybe the CPU optimization of this game could be better, which is causing the random freezes and low fps in busy area's.

My question is does anybody have the same problem as me?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blendi-
5 minutes ago, Breitsmeister said:

Hi,

 

The game runs pretty good like constant 60 fps with medium settings. (always smooth 60fps at 1080p is all I care about)

But when I'm in the village like Valentine the fps drops to 44/45.

It's like when I'm in a busy area the fps just drops 15 frames.

I've tuned the settings but it won't help I still get the 45 fps.

 

The same occured with GTA V on launch date, but it was mostly fixed with tuning the settings and some updates also helped a great deal.

 

With RDR2, I also get random freezes for about 5 seconds but the audio keeps playing.

This is mostly fixed for me using BES, that program limits the amount of cpu load of the game.

 

Maybe the CPU optimization of this game could be better, which is causing the random freezes and low fps in busy area's.

My question is does anybody have the same problem as me?

 

 

Yes mostly everyone has just wait for patches I guess theyre gonna do smth before Steam release they ahve too or theyre gonna get review bombed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2ndLastJedi
47 minutes ago, JMachadex said:

Really man? Really if we put graphics at LOW they are better than Xbox ? :) nice to hear, because in Xbox graphics looks nice

Yes really but just not textures ! They need to be as high as your VRAM will allow ;)

You should watch GN's GPU and CPU videos on RDR2 and also DF's latest video and then Joker's video and try his settings he used for 60fps at 1440p on 1080Ti . There is some really interesting info in all those videos ! Like how the 9700k has worse performance that any other CPU if left uncapped (GN's CPU video).

Edited by 2ndLastJedi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JMachadex
2 minutes ago, 2ndLastJedi said:

Yes really but just not textures ! They need to be as high as your VRAM will allow ;)

my textures are in ULTRA ;)

 

and others are in High.

 

I put my Resolution Scale to 5/4 (x1.250) and now im playing very well and game looks more beautiful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2ndLastJedi
1 minute ago, JMachadex said:

my textures are in ULTRA ;)

 

and others are in High.

 

I put my Resolution Scale to 5/4 (x1.250) and now im playing very well and game looks more beautiful

I edited my previous post with info for you . Good to know you got it running better as its a cracking game . Im loving it and its uber smooth .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JMachadex
10 minutes ago, 2ndLastJedi said:

I edited my previous post with info for you . Good to know you got it running better as its a cracking game . Im loving it and its uber smooth .

damit, i love it so much bro, for that reason i was in chapter 2 , but i started new game to make everything well now :) i love to explore etc.. great game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 3 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.