Optimization

PolishRye

I recently changed all settings to medium "Not advanced" and some are set on high. I have to say playing with keyboard and mouse i feel some kind of delay because of the performance this game has cause rockstar failed to make a good port and they had a fokin year but whatever. And i am playing with a controller right now and it's much better this way because i am used to the controller input the game offers on the console. But still rockstar should fix this sh*t and release patches so i CAN play it with mouse and keyboard.

2 minutes ago, Max96 said:

I heard there are optimization issues, low FPS on recommended specs, is dat true?

yup, it is not THAT bad, but still - could be better, and high textures looks trash, only ultra is the way to go

like literally there is a bug with textures, on high (and lower of course) some textures looks literally like they are from roblox, and then the ultra is actually good looking and doesnt have those textures broken

Man, this game has great story, mechanics, side activities, but optimization is ruining all of it. I'm getting used to worse frame rate slowly, but shuttering is most annoying thing. I'm only afraid what will happen in Saint Denis, since it's a big and detailed location.

https://imgur.com/a/XOoSNU9 <- difference between broken texture on high and the same texture on ultra, took it from youtube video so sorry for tha low resolution, but even with this 480p - u can see the difference clearly xd

Just now, PatrickJr. said:
-USEALLAVAILABLECORES -high

Give that a try in the RGL, Like me here.

unknown.png

does it have any impact on fps?

1 minute ago, RuskiChleb said:

does it have any impact on fps?

Give it a try, it should help stutters.

1 minute ago, PatrickJr. said:

Give it a try, it should help stutters.

well, im waitin for tha steam release, so i cant try it even if i want to xd

1 minute ago, RuskiChleb said:

well, im waitin for tha steam release, so i cant try it even if i want to xd

Ah ok no problem!

3 minutes ago, Gwozdek said:

@PatrickJr. I'll give it a try, because I do have a game and it shutters.

nice, post here effects (if there is any)

8 hours ago, Blendi- said:

Rockstar Games are actually retarded didnt they learn from GTA IV already? I'm sure 99 percent here have the new drivers installed

Its like talking to your internet provider when internet is down: ”are you sure you got the power cable connected to the internet router?”

3 hours ago, MrQuiche said:

Switched to DX12 and 95% of the freezes were removed, i still get some but way less, funnily enough this game doesn't use as much CPU as GTA V but sometimes it makes the CPU go up to 100% (causing the freezes), who knows why it's doing this (apart from R* but it seems they're not really wanting to fix it ASAP).

My rig:

i5-4670k @3845.0 Mhz (3.84) 4 cores, 8 threads

DDR3 800 MHz (yes i know it's low so i guess the i5 and the speed of the ram causes the stutter,freezes and low 1% and 0.1%  results

GTX 1070 (yes it's a big bottleneck especially in this game).

You can either wait for a patch or upgrade if you can and have the money to do so and if you have a configuration like mine or close. I'll be switching to a Ryzen 7 2700x with 3000Mhz DDR4 memory, i'll give you the results (improvements or not).

Really sad and frustated that they managed to f*cked up the first Red Dead to ever make it on PC...

The game is really beautiful tho.

Hey Mate, that i5 is 4c 4t no hyperthreading ;)

I don't wanna go off-topic but i want to say one thing.

This is the reason why Rockstar delays their game frequently. They did not delay RDR 2 for PC and look what happens, many issues occur. That's why we don't need to be mad at Rockstar when they delay the game to "polish" because they are actually doing that. Why they did not delay PC version to polish it and optimise it little better, we don't know.

4 minutes ago, MrPhillips said:

This is the reason why Rockstar delays their game frequently. They did not delay RDR 2 for PC and look what happens, many issues occur. That's why we don't need to be mad at Rockstar when they delay the game to "polish" because they are actually doing that. Why they did not delay PC version to polish it and optimise it little better, we don't know.

Why announce the game for PC if it's nowhere near ready then?

2 minutes ago, MrPhillips said:

R* has a whole year to do that, this launch just proves that R* don't give a sh*t about PC platform imo.

2 minutes ago, Overflex said:

R* has a whole year to do that, this launch just proves that R* don't give a sh*t about PC platform imo.

Yes. And i can tell why GTA V was better optimized for PC because it also came out for new consoles. 

Now i tihink rockstar check game stability on us and then will release stable version for new consoles in 2020.

Just now, Koltos said:

Yes. And i can tell why GTA V was better optimized for PC because it also came out for new consoles. 

Now i tihink rockstar check game stability on us and then will release stable version for new consoles in 2020.

Also they have to release it on Stadia, and i wonder how it will be pefrorm via this service.

10 minutes ago, Rusev said:

Why announce the game for PC if it's nowhere near ready then?

Well we can't understand that because we are not in the bussiness. They know the reasons. It's not that simple, for sure.

And nowhere near ready is little bit too much. There are issues but many players also does not have those issues.

Edited by MrPhillips