Jump to content
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Drug Wars
      2. Updates
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. Bugs*
      2. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Classic GTA SA
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Classic GTA VC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Classic GTA III
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

    2. Forum Support

    3. Suggestions

Optimization


PolishRye
 Share

Recommended Posts

BS_BlackScout

@^Tears^ I've done some research myself and I've concluded that you are right. Hardware Unboxed also stated the same. The RX560 seems to perform similar to the 1050 Ti except the AMD card itself is weaker.
Well done, whoever f*cked that up. NV, Rockstar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@BlackScout well if you think about it, it kind of makes sense.  XB1 and PS4 both utilize AMD, so it makes sense that at launch AMD is more optimized.  I think over time it will level out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BS_BlackScout
Just now, ^Tears^ said:

@BlackScout well if you think about it, it kind of makes sense.  XB1 and PS4 both utilize AMD, so it makes sense that at launch AMD is more optimized.  I think over time it will level out.

Because one year wasn't enough. Goddamn it Rockstar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

EnforcerKiller

Using a GTX 1080, i7-7700k and 16GB RAM. Here's my results and settings:

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

Here's yesterday's results:
unknown.png
And here's today's results:
unknown.png
More or less the same, can't remember if I changed any settings inbetween. Had some drops to 52-55 during the scene with Arthur robbing a store, however it remained at 58-60 almost the entire time of that scene otherwise. I could probably adjust some settings to get higher/same fps while the game will be looking better, but at the moment I can't be bothered.

Edited by EnforcerKiller
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, EnforcerKiller said:

Using a GTX 1080, i7-7700k and 16GB RAM. Here's my results and settings:

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

Here's yesterday's results:
unknown.png
And here's today's results:
unknown.png
More or less the same, can't remember if I changed any settings inbetween. Had some drops to 52-55 during the scene with Arthur robbing a store, however it remained at 58-60 almost the entire time of that scene otherwise. I could probably adjust some settings to get higher/same fps while the game will be looking better, but at the moment I can't be bothered.

well - less drops, but performance is still the same ;/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

EnforcerKiller
10 minutes ago, RuskiChleb said:

well - less drops, but performance is still the same ;/

Yep. I tried it out in-game, and I'm getting 55-57 in the camp.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, EnforcerKiller said:

Yep. I tried it out in-game, and I'm getting 55-57 in the camp.

im waiting for a steam release, i hope they will fix the performance before december

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, RuskiChleb said:

im waiting for a steam release, i hope they will fix the performance before december

same hopefully they do it otheriwse they know they f*cked up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ^Tears^ said:

@BlackScout no beta period really hurt them this time.  Basically we're all beta testing for the next 6 months

 

hopefully they do smth before steam otherwise i aint buying it f*ck no as much as id liks too but no 60 for this hell nah

Link to comment
Share on other sites

honestly I think people are too wrapped up in the numbers at this point.  I mean I just wanted to see what would happen and I maxed out a ton of stuff and averaged 32 fps.  The game was still very good!  It still ran smoothly.

 

The bigger issues that they need to address are the game breaking ones that people were reporting.... loading loop screens, crashing, huge stuttering issues, disconnects, etc. etc...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ^Tears^ said:

honestly I think people are too wrapped up in the numbers at this point.  I mean I just wanted to see what would happen and I maxed out a ton of stuff and averaged 32 fps.  The game was still very good!  It still ran smoothly.

 

The bigger issues that they need to address are the game breaking ones that people were reporting.... loading loop screens, crashing, huge stuttering issues, disconnects, etc. etc...

yeah first theyre gonna do smth about that then optimization i just hope they do smth begore steam release 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will not be talking about when people can't even launch the game. But is the optimization really that bad? Because for these kind of graphics in the open world, running medium-high settings 60FPS, I am pretty satisfied. I think problem is when people crank up very thirsty settings and then cry about it.

Edited by shwarc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, shwarc said:

I will not be talking about when people can't even launch the game. But is the optimization really that bad? Because for these kind of graphics in the open world, running medium-high settings 60FPS, I am pretty satisfied. I think problem is when people crank up very thirsty settings and then cry about it.

well... yes, optimization is not that good rn, like looking at todays hardware and how the console versions performed it is worse than gta v, that i can assure you of

i mean, its not THAT bad, but this is rockstar, so we expect somethin better than ubisoft's optimization level

and i hope that they improve performance before the end of 2019

+freezes and lq textures even on ultra settings (this is probably a bug that they will fix soon, like some textures even on ultra looks worse than console)

Edited by RuskiChleb
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gamer's Nexus (search on You Tube) just put up a review. I'm watching it now so haven't seen the entire thing but they got good numbers....In their info, there doesn't look to be an 'AMD' advantage that it looks like here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, McGuinness45 said:

I don't see how. PS4 is 30fps max with dips into the 20s on what would be considered low / medium PC settings. My i7 4790k + EVGA 1080SC is getting a solid 60fps on ultra / high settings.

Haha I dont believe that for a second

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, shwarc said:

I will not be talking about when people can't even launch the game. But is the optimization really that bad? Because for these kind of graphics in the open world, running medium-high settings 60FPS, I am pretty satisfied. I think problem is when people crank up very thirsty settings and then cry about it.

Even on medium-high setting I couldn't even get past the first cutscene, RDR2 simply crashed with "reached a breakpoint" error and my PC complains of "running low on memory". I was like WTF, how on earth did I run low on memory with 16 GB and I even played only on medium-high

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, RonBWL said:

Even on medium-high setting I couldn't even get past the first cutscene, RDR2 simply crashed with "reached a breakpoint" error and my PC complains of "running low on memory". I was like WTF, how on earth did I run low on memory with 16 GB and I even played only on medium-high

Interesting, it seems that even two exact same pc could get different resaults. Because I have 0 issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@RonBWL I thought it was an anomaly in my testing, but I had one benchmark run go all the way to 11.6gb RAM used.  perhaps there is a random mem leak in the benchmark tool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, shwarc said:

Interesting, it seems that even two exact same pc could get different resaults. Because I have 0 issues.

Could also be OS / API dependent. For reference, I run on W7 and Vulkan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, pariah87 said:

Haha I dont believe that for a second

Don't believe what, that my 1080 is getting 60fps at ultra / high details? I ran the benchmark at least 25 times trying different combinations of settings and switching back and forth from Vulcan to DX12, and for me Vulcan gets better fps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Switched to DX12 and 95% of the freezes were removed, i still get some but way less, funnily enough this game doesn't use as much CPU as GTA V but sometimes it makes the CPU go up to 100% (causing the freezes), who knows why it's doing this (apart from R* but it seems they're not really wanting to fix it ASAP).

 

My rig:

 

i5-4670k @3845.0 Mhz (3.84) 4 cores, 8 threads

DDR3 800 MHz (yes i know it's low so i guess the i5 and the speed of the ram causes the stutter,freezes and low 1% and 0.1%  results

GTX 1070 (yes it's a big bottleneck especially in this game).

 

You can either wait for a patch or upgrade if you can and have the money to do so and if you have a configuration like mine or close. I'll be switching to a Ryzen 7 2700x with 3000Mhz DDR4 memory, i'll give you the results (improvements or not).

 

Really sad and frustated that they managed to f*cked up the first Red Dead to ever make it on PC...

 

The game is really beautiful tho.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, MrQuiche said:

Switched to DX12 and 95% of the freezes were removed, i still get some but way less, funnily enough this game doesn't use as much CPU as GTA V but sometimes it makes the CPU go up to 100% (causing the freezes), who knows why it's doing this (apart from R* but it seems they're not really wanting to fix it ASAP).

 

My rig:

 

i5-4670k @3845.0 Mhz (3.84) 4 cores, 8 threads

DDR3 800 MHz (yes i know it's low so i guess the i5 and the speed of the ram causes the stutter,freezes and low 1% and 0.1%  results

GTX 1070 (yes it's a big bottleneck especially in this game).

 

You can either wait for a patch or upgrade if you can and have the money to do so and if you have a configuration like mine or close. I'll be switching to a Ryzen 7 2700x with 3000Mhz DDR4 memory, i'll give you the results (improvements or not).

 

Really sad and frustated that they managed to f*cked up the first Red Dead to ever make it on PC...

 

The game is really beautiful tho.

 

 

I'm going to assume that you have 2 sticks of RAM, and if so the speed is actually 1600mhz, the standard speed of DDR3 memory modules.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, McGuinness45 said:

I'm going to assume that you have 2 sticks of RAM, and if so the speed is actually 1600mhz, the standard speed of DDR3 memory modules.

Actually i have 3, yeah it's a clusterf*ck but like i said i'm switching to a new CPU+MOBO+RAM so i expect big improvements (going from 4th gen i5 with 4 cores/8 threads to 8 cores/16 threads Ryzen 7 2700x).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Breitsmeister

The optimization of this game is bad.

You can say it runs decent on 30 fps, but as a long time PC player I just expect smooth 60fps at high/medium setting with my system.

I5 2500k @ 3,8ghz

980 GTX

16GB RAM

 

I did a benchmark and the minimum fps in the village was 8 fps. (wtf??)

Overall is 40/45 fps with low settings.

The keyboard/mouse controls are also really really bad, it feels so clunky and slow paced.

It makes me think that this game isn't designed for keyboard/mouse setup.

 

I've GTA V, I get smooth 60 fps at medium/high settings, even when there is complete chaos in Los Santos.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, McGuinness45 said:

Don't believe what, that my 1080 is getting 60fps at ultra / high details? I ran the benchmark at least 25 times trying different combinations of settings and switching back and forth from Vulcan to DX12, and for me Vulcan gets better fps.

I'm running 1080 i7 6700 and I get like 45-60 on med-high

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, pariah87 said:

I'm running 1080 i7 6700 and I get like 45-60 on med-high

Try this...

 

1080p , all graphics and advanced settings maxed except for the following...

shadow quality = high , far shadow quality = medium
reflection quality = high , mirror quality = high
TAA = medium , FXAA & MSAA = OFF
near & far volumetric resolution = high
particle lighting quality = high
water physics quality = 1 click from max

benchmark: between 55-75 fps (watching fps from MSI Afterburner)
The game said 63.4 average fps when the benchmark was over
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, MrQuiche said:

Actually i have 3, yeah it's a clusterf*ck but like i said i'm switching to a new CPU+MOBO+RAM so i expect big improvements (going from 4th gen i5 with 4 cores/8 threads to 8 cores/16 threads Ryzen 7 2700x).

this will sound weird but you're actually hurting yourself by running 3, unless you have a tri-channel setup.  Pull out one and just run 2.  Just make sure you are in the correct two slots (A1 and B1 or A2 and B2).  Consult your manual for the proper slots

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, ^Tears^ said:

this will sound weird but you're actually hurting yourself by running 3, unless you have a tri-channel setup.  Pull out one and just run 2.  Just make sure you are in the correct two slots (A1 and B1 or A2 and B2).  Consult your manual for the proper slots

I'll give it a try but I'm pretty sure that everything in my config apart from the GPU is too old for this game and it doesn't help that the game is badly optimized 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, MrQuiche said:

I'll give it a try but I'm pretty sure that everything in my config apart from the GPU is too old for this game and it doesn't help that the game is badly optimized 

it might not fix your issues here, but you're actually choking your memory speed down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.