1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

MAJOR downgrades as of Patch 1.26!!! (Reports)

Dudu RDRII

4 minutes ago, Tha-Jamz said:

Are u on Xbox ? cause to my understanding its not possible on Xbox, read this entire topic pls...

It doesn't make sense that it wouldnt work on Xbox. If you are turning your console offline and removing EVERY file of the game from your hdd, there is no shred of RDR2 on the system at that point, and no way for it to get back on there without your action. Still offline, you then insert a disk containing ONLY version 1.00 files on that disk... how is it possible that it would not work?. If it worked in the first place than it will still work unless you have a faulty disk, which would be evident at the time of install. The idea of being offline while doing this is that you are physically enforcing that the only files you are copying onto your hdd is the files contained on the physical media you connect.

You cant hide some secret 'requires 1.14 only' file on the console somehow. That would be extremely illegal and they know they would definitely get caught as well.

14 minutes ago, Tha-Jamz said:

Are u on Xbox ? cause to my understanding its not possible on Xbox, read this entire topic pls...

Seems to be possible from what I can gather. Not %100 though as I'm Ps4. 

Well..., the Xbox player that said it wasnt possible got it finally working now so, i was mistaken.

My bad...

• Like 3

El Penguin Bobo
34 minutes ago, Confuzzeled said:

Pretty much assuming you have the physical copy.

I have digital, rip.

Image result for gta signature

2 minutes ago, El Penguin Bobo said:

I have digital, rip.

Yes i do now, but i bought the RDR2 digital ultimate pre order at first a year ago, luckily my best friend gave me his hard copy a couple a days ago cause he's done with the game (for keeps !)

• Like 2

Anyone thinking of upgrading to PC will be hugely disappointed again 

• Like 2

El Penguin Bobo
1 minute ago, pariah87 said:

wouldn't do that if I were them tbh. I heard the PC port was even worse than this.

Image result for gta signature

4 minutes ago, pariah87 said:

That, and im not going to buy a $ 2000 gaming rig for the game, and why should i double dip ? because they broke the console versions with the latest patch ? screw R* !

But thats my humble opinion... (not aiming at you personally) ;)

• Like 2

Hope they come out with some type of patch this week and don’t ignore the problem. And f u king announce Director Mode I sound like a broken record but Christ I really want that mode even more now after seeing the pc people modding getting to play as Javier and others this is bull what the f UCK are they waiting on. Everything is so huge to them it doesn’t have to be a long drawn out process man I’m pissed!

3 hours ago, Confuzzeled said:

Indeed everything in 1.00 is alive. So much better in virtually every way. The fact there are people out there that deny this is baffling. What's more baffling is that RDR2 1.00 is as close to the perfect game as you can get, yet each patch ruins it that much more. Feel for those who've never played 1.00. 

The perpetual battle with the "auto update" is most definitely infuriating. I too have turned off auto update, but the game says nope, I'm GOING to update. I HATE that, so just play offline atm. 

Let us know how your call goes. Will be interesting to hear what they say! 

Ill do that, keep you posted on what Sony got to say about that, as far as the V 1.00..... PC players dont know any better, they've never seen or played the V 1.00, not that it matters graphic wise but the rest like spawns, wild horses etc, so they dont miss what they've never had...

36 minutes ago, Red Hardbro said:

Hope they come out with some type of patch this week and don’t ignore the problem. And f u king announce Director Mode I sound like a broken record but Christ I really want that mode even more now after seeing the pc people modding getting to play as Javier and others this is bull what the f UCK are they waiting on. Everything is so huge to them it doesn’t have to be a long drawn out process man I’m pissed!

Yeah i feel ya, "we" console players backed the game with many pre-orders and a sh*tty beta launch for online were we got the gold bar store in the very first update ! instead of other things, and now PC players get everything in a week time ?!! Things we are asking for for about a [email protected]#$kin year already !!

It feels like a knife in the back. [email protected]#$%!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tha-Jamz said:

Ill do that, keep you posted on what Sony got to say about that, as far as the V 1.00..... PC players dont know any better, they've never seen or played the V 1.00, not that it matters graphic wise but the rest like spawns, wild horses etc, so they dont miss what they've never had...

Yeah i feel ya, "we" console players backed the game with many pre-orders and a sh*tty beta launch for online were we got the gold bar store in the very first update ! instead of other things, and now PC players get everything in a week time ?!! Things we are asking for for about a [email protected]#$kin year already !!

It feels like a knife in the back. [email protected]#$%!

That’s what kills me is I feel like a glorified beta tester for the pc guys, but they get all the rewards. I swear if they give us Director Mode I’m done with Rockstar no GTA 6 or anything else I swear my life on that I don’t like paying my money and being treated like S hit!! This isn’t gonna happen again I promise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Red Hardbro said:

That’s what kills me is I feel like a glorified beta tester for the pc guys, but they get all the rewards. I swear if they give us Director Mode I’m done with Rockstar no GTA 6 or anything else I swear my life on that I don’t like paying my money and being treated like S hit!! This isn’t gonna happen again I promise.

We can only really blame the market for this. So long as children are getting hold of these games Rockstar will continue to go where the money is - a halfassed watered-down online cash cow. The kids will still throw their parents money at that all day everyday so long as they can jump on with their friends and do their little PVP headshots and go around laughing as they hassle everyone and ruin their missions. 

The story mode was for the fans who grew up with GTA universe and RDR1 and are now adults if they weren't already, Rockstar already have our money and they know we are not interested in RDO, and because we are outnumbered it makes sense from a business perspective to go where the money is. 

So as a business, there is absolutely no financial interest in fixing issues with Story Mode or continuing to support it it any way now that they have clipped the ticket on the PC market. There is also no financial interest in releasing story DLC as it will be much more expensive to pour time and resources into creating that, than simply releasing a few hats and maybe a new gun into RDO once every month or so. 

Where there is a potential financial interest though, is in degrading the console Story Mode in attempts to click a ticket on PC or make it bad enough so RDO becomes the better alternative. If they are looking at this, personally I would find this absolutely disgraceful, that would be totally unethical and probably illegal in most countries with consumer protection laws.

If you are true fan of the series all you can do is try and vote with your wallet, pay money for what you want to see more of, and do not go anywhere near what you don't. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Ripstart01 said:

We can only really blame the market for this. So long as children are getting hold of these games Rockstar will continue to go where the money is - a halfassed watered-down online cash cow. The kids will still throw their parents money at that all day everyday so long as they can jump on with their friends and do their little PVP headshots and go around laughing as they hassle everyone and ruin their missions. 

The story mode was for the fans who grew up with GTA universe and RDR1 and are now adults if they weren't already, Rockstar already have our money and they know we are not interested in RDO, and because we are outnumbered it makes sense from a business perspective to go where the money is. 

So as a business, there is absolutely no financial interest in fixing issues with Story Mode or continuing to support it it any way now that they have clipped the ticket on the PC market. There is also no financial interest in releasing story DLC as it will be much more expensive to pour time and resources into creating that, than simply releasing a few hats and maybe a new gun into RDO once every month or so. 

Where there is a potential financial interest though, is in degrading the console Story Mode in attempts to click a ticket on PC or make it bad enough so RDO becomes the better alternative. If they are looking at this, personally I would find this absolutely disgraceful, that would be totally unethical and probably illegal in most countries with consumer protection laws.

If you are true fan of the series all you can do is try and vote with your wallet, pay money for what you want to see more of, and do not go anywhere near what you don't. 

Thats why i really hope now that CDPR will make such a great game with Cyberpunk and even a great online experience that RDO bleeds out in a very short time after the've released it.

The problem is that we cant proof that R* deliberately broke RDR2 story mode, but if this is true this will leak eventually cause thats what happens nowadays everywhere.

Its ridiculous that RDR2 on PC even got the new weapons and stuff already before console players did in Story mode.

Unethical capitalism/greed is what ruins the whole world.

Edited by Tha-Jamz
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ripstart01 said:

That is a shortsighted way of making money. Yes, if a company wants to make a lot of extra cash now but lose out on it later then R* has chosen the correct path. But I and many with me is not as forgiving, I have stopped buying games from companies before when I have felt unfairly treated. R* may not think that story mode needs any fixes at all and they may just continue down their path of brand destruction while gold bar-money keep pouring in and they will pay for it in the long run. 

Look what happened to Bioware and compare how fans felt and acted towards the company before and after ME3 and later ME-Andromeda. Bioware was the rising star and more or less the entire fandom loved them and their creations. After ME3 the fans just killed Biowares reputation and the rest is as we say, history. I will not debate if ME3 was good or bad but an overwhelming part of fandom and future potential customers obviously hated it and they hated even more the arrogance and attitude from Bioware. 

Same kind of arrogance and attitude R* is showing us now, have an issue with story mode and you will get redirected to RDRO feedback. Every empire falls and no superpower lasts forever, same is true within the gaming industry. The goal as a company is to make as much money over as long time as possible as that will in the end guarantee that even when the company itself is no longer in its prime, their brands may still be valuable. But take a piss on your fans and they will hopefully remember it, this is why I have decided that R*s next patch need to come within a month and it needs to fix all issues introduced with the 1.14 patch or they have lost me as a potential customer no matter what they will make in the future. I may still play their games but I will buy them second hand and on disc. 

• Like 4

I absolutely agree with you, if Patch 1.15 doesn't fix all the issues that came after Frontier Pursuits (1.11) and specially with 1.14, I'm going to reinstall my RDR2 back to version 1.00 and never spend my money with Rockstar titles anymore. Red Dead Redemption 2 is my all time favorite game, the first game I bought with my own money when I had my first work last year, I have such a fondness for it and I also am pretty sad recently because of what is happening to it. Damn you Rockstar... 💔

Edited by Dudu RDRII
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Dudu RDRII said:

I absolutely agree with you, if Patch 1.15 doesn't fix all the issues that came after Frontier Pursuits (1.11) and specially with 1.14, I'm going to reinstall my RDR2 back to version 1.00 and never spend my money with Rockstar titles anymore. Red Dead Redemption 2 is my all time favorite game, the first game I bought with my own money when I had my first work last year, I have such a fondness for it and I also am pretty sad recently because of what is happening to it. Damn you Rockstar... 💔

I presume I am a lot older than you, but I share the sentiment. I cannot get myself to pay for any game that is not loved by the very company making it. And RDR2 story mode is definitely not getting any love at all from R* and to me that is very surprising as the game truly is/was their magnum opus no matter how one chooses to see it. So even if R* make more money selling the sh*tty gold bars, they should feel pride in the game and story that once was RDR2. I really cannot see myself ever updating from 1.00 ever again if not something akin to a miracle will happen because I am frankly not sure R* will rebuild what they have destroyed and that makes me sad. 

I've learned my lesson to never buy the digital version of a Rockstar game ever again and to keep my Rockstar games from updating..

• Like 3

Just now, lilathrone said:

I've learned my lesson to never buy the digital version of a Rockstar game ever again and to keep my Rockstar games from updating..

Amen to that! It took way too long, but I have the difficult and painful way reached the same conclusion. I am happy that a friend bought RDR2 on disc but actually did not like the game so now I can borrow it as long as I please. I was stupid enough to preorder one of the digital editions for ps4 and now I have deleted that version and plays 1.00 offline and from the disc, way more pleasant. 

4 minutes ago, Johnnyb17 said:

f*ck that! They should revert graphics back to 1.0 quality in the next patch ! 

They should, but they will not. 😞 

• Like 2

Not sure if it's anything to do with the patch but my PS4 Pro seems to be making a TON of noise lately whenever I play RDR2.

It's always made noise when playing but nowhere near the amount of noise it's making now, any tips?

• Like 2

Darealbandicoot
25 minutes ago, Dark Rosewood Varnish said:

Not sure if it's anything to do with the patch but my PS4 Pro seems to be making a TON of noise lately whenever I play RDR2.

It's always made noise when playing but nowhere near the amount of noise it's making now, any tips?

Same here on standard ps4 with the latest patch. No idea what they've done to make the fans rev up 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Dark Rosewood Varnish said:

If your PS4 is "clean" no dust in the fans etc etc, its because of the latest patch, i noticed the noise on my PS4 pro  as well after that patch.

And no dust in my machine ! i also have the newer model so that made less noise then earlyer models anyway, now it sounds like a industrial vacuum cleaner after the latest patch.

So nothing you can do about it, just hope they fix it asap with a new patch.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, BallinBallas said:

I’m doing one last attempt at an offline reinstall. I double checked everything again, so if this crashes as well it’s safe to say they added some type of DRM with the latest update (in the US) sigh..

The crashing is caused by your saves.

I deleted all my latest patch saves and i can get passed the main menu without crashing in 1.0.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dark Rosewood Varnish said:

2 hours ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Same here on standard ps4 with the latest patch. No idea what they've done to make the fans rev up 

Wasn't RDR2 always making PS4 sounds loud my FAT PS4 sometimes sounds like a jet when playing RDR2 1.00v. I'm playing Death Stranding right now and this game makes my PS4 sounds relatively quiet comparing to RDR2.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tha-Jamz said:

If your PS4 is "clean" no dust in the fans etc etc, its because of the latest patch, i noticed the noise on my PS4 pro  as well after that patch.

And no dust in my machine ! i also have the newer model so that made less noise then earlyer models anyway, now it sounds like a industrial vacuum cleaner after the latest patch.

So nothing you can do about it, just hope they fix it asap with a new patch.

I'll have to check and give it a clean. But if its because if the patch then that sucks. Every time I pause the game to look on the map, as soon as I unpause my console sounds like it's about to take off.

Edited by Dark Rosewood Varnish

Darealbandicoot
2 hours ago, RedDeadJohn said:

Wasn't RDR2 always making PS4 sounds loud my FAT PS4 sometimes sounds like a jet when playing RDR2 1.00v. I'm playing Death Stranding right now and this game makes my PS4 sounds relatively quiet comparing to RDR2.

Sure but it's louder now 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Sure but it's louder now 

The fans of my ps4-pro may be louder than average when playing RDR2 version 1.00 but it is way louder when playing 1.14. 

So the patch did indeed make the ps4 even louder. 

• Like 2