2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

MAJOR downgrades as of Patch 1.26!!! (Reports)

Edward RDRIII

LeonVegaSuarez
On 7/13/2021 at 5:59 PM, Dan_1983 said:

Read on a youtube comment that the cold weather bug has been fixed.

I just tested it. It's fixed in chapter 4 and also in the Epilogue. Just normal dialogue.

I wish they had added the navy revolver.....

• Like 3

LeonVegaSuarez
On 7/13/2021 at 9:35 PM, GroveStGTAV said:

Any more fixes?

Didn't notice anything but didn't have any big issues lately anyways, except the camp weather bug.

• Like 1

Lmao looks like the lazy bastards just disabled the feature, it doesn't matter what are you wearing anymore.

• Like 1

Is the transparent square bug fixed? (screens in the full post)

Edited by fabiobad
  • Like 1

The Tracker
On 7/13/2021 at 10:07 PM, DelLobo said:

Lmao looks like the lazy bastards just disabled the feature, it doesn't matter what are you wearing anymore.

What you mean? What exactly they disabled?

Edited by The Tracker
  • Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 4:07 AM, The Tracker said:

What you mean? What exactly they disabled?

The you're cold/hot mechanic 

• Like 1

The Tracker
On 7/14/2021 at 3:41 PM, DelLobo said:

The you're cold/hot mechanic 

Not sure what you mean exactly, because I tested It some hours ago, went to Grizzlies West with the The Summer Gunslinger outfit and my core was drowning with the freezing icon, as usual. The mechanic is still there.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 8:55 AM, The Tracker said:

Not sure what you mean exactly, because I tested It some hours ago, went to Grizzlies West with the The Summer Gunslinger outfit and my core was drowning with the freezing icon, as usual. The mechanic is still there.

With John or Arthur? 

The camp comments of what you are wearing were completely disabled 

• Like 1

The Tracker
On 7/14/2021 at 6:03 PM, DelLobo said:

With John or Arthur? 

The camp comments of what you are wearing were completely disabled 

With Arthur, I thought you were talking about the weather clothing feature, not how the camp reacts to it. 

Edited by The Tracker
  • Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 10:07 AM, The Tracker said:

With Arthur, I thought you were talking about the weather clothing feature, not how the camp reacts to it. 

Yeah looks like only the reactions of weather clothing.

• Like 1

TAA always reset to "high" when you restart the game (if DLSS is off obviously).

• Like 1

I know they aren't going to give us anything significant for single player, like huge or decently sized story content. I just wish they'd throw some clothing items our way, maybe even a gun or two. 

• Like 1

Is it worth it playing on 1.00? I'm thinking of giving it a go for at least one playthrough

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2021 at 9:07 PM, DelLobo said:

That's false. I was told earlier I'd freeze by Charles because I was only wearing a shirt in camp as it just rained. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Old Man With No Name

Did they fixed charleses sawed off shotgun texture bug?

• Like 1

Hello guys

Can somebody help me out to getting back my gta 5 online rewards (gold double action revolver mostly) in RDR2 1.02 ? What should I need to do to get them in 1.02, because 1.29 save files wont work with 1.02 :( Is there any way or method to get them back? Currently playing on patch 1.02 (1116.8) on PS4 version CUSA08519 

I'd really appreciate if somone can help me out with this.

On 7/17/2021 at 12:54 AM, BAGS00 said:

Is it worth it playing on 1.00? I'm thinking of giving it a go for at least one playthrough

Yes totally worth it. But I prefer 1.02 -day one patch- more like any other patch.  

• Like 2

Hello everyone, 

I‘ve been following this thread for quite some time now and and I can assure every single one of you guys, that there has been no graphical downgrade.

I‘ve been testing for days now and took some ingame screenshots of each version, to provide you guys with the evidence, that there has been no graphical downgrade but even more so an improvement.

See for yourself guys.

b96oBr0.jpgV7apjHM.jpgPhonCUn.jpgyvHHGGf.jpg7M8Mgyy.jpgnRIY7ir.jpgZ8pLZQB.jpgaRAJ4st.jpgS4ZjWHB.jpgNGA2ZvG.jpgW6izV3r.jpgwDjBIte.jpg

• Like 2

Buddy Hightower

The game is absolutely stunning to look at regardless.

I play on xbox series X, on a 43inch 4K TV on vivid mode.

For my TV, that vivid mode makes all the difference in the world.

I think it is actually called "Vivid HDR" mode.

I switch to "game" mode when I play MLB21 for better input responsiveness. 

I forgot to switch it back the other day and it looked like sh*t.

• Like 1

Edward RDRIII

Ever since the RDO: Blood Money update released, I've played RDR2's Story Mode quite a lot and I think the game is running pretty good for me. The two most recent Patches 1.25 (July 13, 2021) and 1.26 (August 11, 2021) reminds me a lot of Patches 1.01, 1.02, 1.09 and 1.10 (previously the best looking and performing ones released). Lighting, shadows, ambient occlusion and everything else appears to be working fine and so does the game's performance, but, I'm not confirming by any means that the new patches haven't caused new problem(s), that's exactly why this topic exists, so everyone can share your very own experiences, opinions and feedbacks.

By the way, I'm not sure if this is a new bug or a new feature but the game apparently have a new weather ever since Patch 1.25 released and I also witnessed it in the most recent Patch 1.26, it looks like a thunderstorm but without any water drop, nothing gets wet when it happens, Arthur, his weapons, his horse and the whole world around him stays dry, it looks like a sort of windstorm with thunders and lightnings only. I never witnessed this happening before in any other version I already tested, from Version 1.00 all the way to Patch 1.24.

Edited by Dudu RDRII
Comment corrected.
  • Like 1

Darealbandicoot
On 8/17/2021 at 6:22 AM, Dudu RDRII said:

Ever since the RDO: Blood Money update released, I've played RDR2's Story Mode quite a lot and I think the game is running pretty good for me. The two most recent Patches 1.25 (July 13, 2021) and 1.26 (August 11, 2021) reminds me a lot of Patches 1.01, 1.02, 1.09 and 1.10 (previously the best looking and performing ones released). Lighting, shadows, ambient occlusion and everything else appears to be working fine and so does the game's performance, but, I'm not confirming by any means that the new patches haven't caused new problem(s), that's exactly why this topic exists, so everyone can share your very own experiences, opinions and feedbacks.

By the way, I'm not sure if this is a new bug or a new feature but the game apparently have a new weather ever since Patch 1.25 released and I also witnessed it in the most recent Patch 1.26, it looks like a thunderstorm but without any water drop, nothing gets wet when it happens, Arthur, his weapons, his horse and the whole world around him stays dry, it looks like a sort of windstorm with thunders and lightnings only. I never witnessed this happening before in any other version I already tested, from Version 1.00 all the way to Patch 1.24.

I've encountered that thunder effect in 1.00 plenty of times but maybe it's more rare now? 

• Like 2

Edward RDRIII
1 hour ago, Darealbandicoot said:

I've encountered that thunder effect in 1.00 plenty of times but maybe it's more rare now? 

I know what you mean, but when it happened before you could notice the ground and everything else getting wet, which is not the case now. However, I haven't played on Version 1.00 that much to be honest, so it may actually happen in the exact same way as you said, I don't know for sure.

On 8/17/2021 at 6:22 AM, Dudu RDRII said:

5 hours ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Happened to me a bunch of times on 1.00 too. 

There was a thread maybe more than a year ago where a guy couldn't see the rain from a thunder storm on a current patch, after that i found it easy to spot when it happens. But I pay no attention these days. 1.00 has it's own weird quirks that happen randomly. Got stuck in the wardrobe menu and had to restart recently. And now in chapter 3, if at one point you have seen most camp interactions for that chapter, Dutch and Molly will then start to have the same two or three arguments over, and over and over again.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SneakyDeaky said:

And now in chapter 3, if at one point you have seen most camp interactions for that chapter, Dutch and Molly will then start to have the same two or three arguments over, and over and over again.

Sounds pretty realistic ngl 

• Like 2

Edward RDRIII
19 hours ago, SneakyDeaky said:

Happened to me a bunch of times on 1.00 too. 

There was a thread maybe more than a year ago where a guy couldn't see the rain from a thunder storm on a current patch, after that i found it easy to spot when it happens. But I pay no attention these days. 1.00 has it's own weird quirks that happen randomly. Got stuck in the wardrobe menu and had to restart recently. And now in chapter 3, if at one point you have seen most camp interactions for that chapter, Dutch and Molly will then start to have the same two or three arguments over, and over and over again.  

Maybe Rockstar has removed this weather from Version 1.00 in one of the game's patches and then added it back to the game in Patches 1.25 and 1.26?

Regarding Dutch and Molly repeated arguments in Chapter 3, it has always been like that.

Old Man With No Name

Accourding to WesternRev's topic, i see blurry bear John Marston cutscene bug fixed.

So all i need to learn is: what happened to Charles Sawed off shotgun texture bug?

So im still in the 1.20

• Like 1

Darealbandicoot
On 8/20/2021 at 5:09 AM, GroveStGTAV said:

Accourding to WesternRev's topic, i see blurry bear John Marston cutscene bug fixed.

So all i need to learn is: what happened to Charles Sawed off shotgun texture bug?

So im still in the 1.20

Nah none of that is fixed scene is blurry as ever and Charles Sawed off still has the funky texture. In addition to that, Abigail, Jack, and Uncle no longer spawn at Beechers Hope outside of scripted events. From what I've seen, John doesn't move his mouth while talking to anyone at Beechers Hope during scripted events anymore (50/50 as I didn't test this as much as the other stuff I listed) There's a very high chance that John's too hot or too cold core mechanic could be disabled in your save, Catalogue is slowed down again, Some cutscene audio becomes bugged repeating over itself when repeating from checkpoints etc. The "Are you hot? /cold?" camp Dialogue and function has been completely removed since they were just that incompetent to actually fix it. That's as much I have tested so far 

Edited by Darealbandicoot
  • Like 3

GuiCORLEONEx794
16 hours ago, GroveStGTAV said:

So im still in the 1.20

I tested it and it is still blurry

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I've been following this thread for a long time, all the shared insight has been very informative and helpful so thank you all for that! Decided to make an account at last to share the poor state my game is currently in on version 1.29, running on PS4 Pro in 1080p - no supersampling. Video footage:

Been playing the game on version 1.20 since last year's August with no abnormal performance issues other than what was already there. The usual framerate drops, pop-in etc. Updated to 1.29 a few days ago, loaded up the most recent save and was immediately met with the horrendous hitching shown in that video, but somehow even worse and more frequent. It's been like that ever since, happens on and off, and across all saves too. Clearing the game's cache, rebuilding the PS4's database and reinstalling the game all did nothing. Going to downgrade to 1.00 soon and see how that runs.

Is the game running this terribly for anybody else who happens to be running or has tested version 1.29? I'm very curious. Couldn't find much about it anywhere.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, isapicobella said:

I've been following this thread for a long time, all the shared insight has been very informative and helpful so thank you all for that! Decided to make an account at last to share the poor state my game is currently in on version 1.29, running on PS4 Pro in 1080p - no supersampling. Video footage:

Been playing the game on version 1.20 since last year's August with no abnormal performance issues other than what was already there. The usual framerate drops, pop-in etc. Updated to 1.29 a few days ago, loaded up the most recent save and was immediately met with the horrendous hitching shown in that video, but somehow even worse and more frequent. It's been like that ever since, happens on and off, and across all saves too. Clearing the game's cache, rebuilding the PS4's database and reinstalling the game all did nothing. Going to downgrade to 1.00 soon and see how that runs.

Is the game running this terribly for anybody else who happens to be running or has tested version 1.29? I'm very curious. Couldn't find much about it anywhere.

Yeap, it was like that for me too, sometimes you get it and sometimes you don't, worst thing is if you didn't get it at first but then reload a save you'll have a chance of getting it, been playing on 1.00 for like a month now and haven't noticed nothing similar to that, even after reloading the game constantly to get a certain hat to spawn

Edited by BAGS00
  • Like 2