2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

MAJOR downgrades as of Patch 1.26!!! (Reports)

Edward RDRIII

• 2 weeks later...
Edward RDRIII

Changed the topic's title to the most recent Patch.

• KEKW 1

Midnight Hitman

After reading this whole thread, I am so glad that I finished RDR2 immediately after release. R* has butchered the hell out of this game.

But I think they don't care. They never gave a damn about Undead Nightmare which they broke via patch. So why on earth should they take care of RDR2?

R* has become a greedy company. Holy f*cking sh*t.

Edited by Midnight Hitman
  • Like 6

ballstorture
2 hours ago, Dudu RDRII said:

Changed the topic's title to the most recent Patch.

Time flies,people come and go with disappointment written all over their faces,but MAJOR DOWNGRADES never stop!

• Like 1

ballstorture
2 hours ago, Ironside said:

I am still on 1.15, any reason to update?

Nah game has too many annoying issues in new patches,absolutely don't bother to update(downgrade) it!  

Edited by Abel Tesfaye
  • Like 1

Edward RDRIII
1 hour ago, Abel Tesfaye said:

Time flies,people come and go with disappointment written all over their faces,but MAJOR DOWNGRADES never stop!

Exactly! Every single new patch brings us something new to complain about but to be honest I haven't tested the new patches from Patch 1.20 onwards... The last time I played RDR2, I was playing on Version 1.00, the graphics are a little better indeed but it has some annoying things such as the laggy Menu Map and Mini Map, among other things.

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1

ballstorture
15 minutes ago, Dudu RDRII said:

Exactly! Every single new patch brings us something new to complain about but to be honest I haven't tested the new patches from Patch 1.20 onwards... The last time I played RDR2, I was playing on Version 1.00, the graphics are a little better indeed but it has some annoying things such as the laggy Menu Map and Mini Map, among other things.

Haha I'd say among these downgrades the moonshiner and naturalist patch is the most harmful one,I mean seriously-a desk is missing from shop table for nearly 5 to 6 months then appearances of some major story characters being destroyed, and the countless epilogue Arthur Marston trivia😄the support team never bother to fix these "most obvious" stuff.The only thing they're good at is reducing lod to add more noticable pop-ins for the sake of "maintain performance".Let alone last month's short-lived ps4 disaster patch...just a mess,game's post launch stuff might just being handled by the most precious developer(destroyer) in the studio lol

• Like 1

Edward RDRIII
32 minutes ago, Abel Tesfaye said:

Haha I'd say among these downgrades the moonshiner and naturalist patch is the most harmful one,I mean seriously-a desk is missing from shop table for nearly 5 to 6 months then appearances of some major story characters being destroyed, and the countless epilogue Arthur Marston trivia😄the support team never bother to fix these "most obvious" stuff.The only thing they're good at is reducing lod to add more noticable pop-ins for the sake of "maintain performance".Let alone last month's short-lived ps4 disaster patch...just a mess,game's post launch stuff might just being handled by the most precious developer(destroyer) in the studio lol

Holy sh*t, I had no idea that RDR2 is in such a bad shape recently. Damn Rockstar for making the only games I like playing and then destroying them for no reason.

• Like 1

ballstorture
1 hour ago, Dudu RDRII said:

Holy sh*t, I had no idea that RDR2 is in such a bad shape recently. Damn Rockstar for making the only games I like playing and then destroying them for no reason.

If game still don't have any decent updates(like no r*editor and proper new gen version announcement,u know,not just simple series x compatiblity to '60 fps' this mess) by the end of this year,then we can just say the whole thing is pretty much done,just gotta run and don't look back,too bad for rdr2 to over like this.Right now for the best overall gameplay experience is to grab the 1.00 disc,meanwhile pc still don't have any decent mod supports lol

• Like 1

Cutter De Blanc

So did 1.24 kill the new austin sniper?

they need to listen to me about this

Edited by Cutter De Blanc
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, 7th Ward Charizard said:

I wonder if you'll be able to play 1.00 on next gen? 

I would imagine you'll be able to IF and that's a big IF, if they offer it as a backwards compatibility title, if they go with it using the same GTAV approach, releasing an "Expanded and Enhanced" version, then no.

Also if there's an enhancement patch, and you want to get those features, you'll have to update the game.

• Like 1

Darealbandicoot

Characters like Thomas Downes are missing their eyes and characters like Milton looks like they're wearing eyeliner 

On 10/7/2020 at 11:40 PM, Ironside said:

I am still on 1.15, any reason to update?

Hell no unless you want more bugs lol

PC is completely f*cked even worse than console and users have to install mods to try to fix this sh*t show 

Edited by Darealbandicoot
  • Like 2

Edward RDRIII
On 10/8/2020 at 2:29 AM, Abel Tesfaye said:

If game still don't have any decent updates(like no r*editor and proper new gen version announcement,u know,not just simple series x compatiblity to '60 fps' this mess) by the end of this year,then we can just say the whole thing is pretty much done,just gotta run and don't look back,too bad for rdr2 to over like this.Right now for the best overall gameplay experience is to grab the 1.00 disc,meanwhile pc still don't have any decent mod supports lol

But Version 1.00 has issues wich annoyes me a lot, like not marking the Legendaries I hunt and fish with a "X" on the Map and so on...

7 hours ago, Dudu RDRII said:

But Version 1.00 has issues wich annoyes me a lot, like not marking the Legendaries I hunt and fish with a "X" on the Map and so on...

Well congratulations dude!Not only punkstar is lost,but our chance to enjoy the game is also being damned as well!

• Like 1

Red_hot_redemption
10 hours ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Soo.... Some bad news. The earliest patch you can downgrade to without having a jailbroken ps4 console is 1.15 due to the update sizes being broken up into 5 folders or specific data. Any foreign data or lack of, it will reject it and you can't install any update 

What about xbox?

• Like 1

Darealbandicoot
2 hours ago, Red_hot_redemption said:

What about xbox?

Impossible 

• Like 1

Red_hot_redemption
47 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Impossible 

Whats impossible? You can't go back to v1.00?

• Like 1

Bit of a dumb question, but here it is nonetheless:

Does there exist a possibility to downgrade RDR2 back to 1.00 on PC?

I know that speedrunners for GTA 5 used to revert to the 1.27 patch for viable speedrunning, but R* even hammered that down. But wouldn't the same be possible for RDR2, or has R* prevented downgrading from being possible? And if not patch 1.00 then at least earliest patch that launched with PC?

• Like 1

Darealbandicoot

HUGE UPDATE!!! 

I managed to get 1.02!!! 

I just had to remain a few files and BOOM!!! IT'S POSSIBLE GUYS!!! WE CAN FINALLY DOWNGRADE PATCHES!!! 

Will be making a guide very soon!! 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

HUGE UPDATE!!! 

I managed to get 1.02!!! 

I just had to remain a few files and BOOM!!! IT'S POSSIBLE GUYS!!! WE CAN FINALLY DOWNGRADE PATCHES!!! 

Will be making a guide very soon!! 

On PC or Consoles?

But wow, this is great news.

• Like 1

Darealbandicoot

OK first off, you need to have version 1.00 installed either via disc or digital 1.00 method. 

This has a LOT of steps so follow the video carefully unless I pointed out something you should do instead or you'll be very confused on what any of this means. 

The video :

Follow the instructions in this video up until he shows the website that hosts the patches since RDR2 isn't on his website. 

Go to Orbispatches.com

And type in Red Dead Redemption 2 and choose whichever version matches your region and your preferred patch. (You can find the json file of the patch by copying the download link and replacing. Pkg with. json) 

Follow the video instructions until you have to rename the json file.  Make sure it doesn't have _0 at the end or it won't work despite what the dude in the video says. 

Keep following the video and your done!

On 10/17/2020 at 7:15 PM, Darealbandicoot said:

OK first off, you need to have version 1.00 installed either via disc or digital 1.00 method. 

This has a LOT of steps so follow the video carefully unless I pointed out something you should do instead or you'll be very confused on what any of this means. 

The video :

Follow the instructions in this video up until he shows the website that hosts the patches since RDR2 isn't on his website. 

Go to Orbispatches.com

And type in Red Dead Redemption 2 and choose whichever version matches your region and your preferred patch. (You can find the json file of the patch by copying the download link and replacing. Pkg with. json) 

Follow the video instructions until you have to rename the json file.  Make sure it doesn't have _0 at the end or it won't work despite what the dude in the video says. 

Can you make an easier step by step tutorial? :) I am confused about this, lot of renaming. It didnt worked for me last night. This servers sync thing also looks broken on my side. :/ And uwamp gave me also an error saying, another program using port 80.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2020 at 1:15 PM, Darealbandicoot said:

The video :

Go to Orbispatches.com

Nice! I was able to install 1.01 patch, build number is 1116.7. 

• Like 2

Darealbandicoot
15 hours ago, pace87 said:

Nice! I was able to install 1.01 patch, build number is 1116.7. 

Nice! 1.01 on a US copy? Any noticeable differences? What are the patch notes? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Nice! 1.01 on a US copy? Any noticeable differences? What are the patch notes? 

Yep, 1.01 on a US copy. I don't think there are any patch notes for 1.01 since it was never release,  the Day One patch was 1.02. It seems pretty close to patch 1.02 though. I haven't messed around enough with it yet to really see. If there is something you want me to specifically check then let me know.vz07S0h.jpg

KOUbPd6.jpg

Czc0ILz.jpg

• Like 2

Darealbandicoot
52 minutes ago, pace87 said:

Yep, 1.01 on a US copy. I don't think there are any patch notes for 1.01 since it was never release,  the Day One patch was 1.02. It seems pretty close to patch 1.02 though. I haven't messed around enough with it yet to really see. If there is something you want me to specifically check then let me know.vz07S0h.jpg

KOUbPd6.jpg

Czc0ILz.jpg

What does it say about the patch in "update history" 

Do John's suspenders clip with his Cassimere shirts? 

Are his gloves and pants oversized? 

Does the saddle at beecher's hope still drop on the roof? 

• Like 1