1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

MAJOR downgrades as of Patch 1.26!!! (Reports)

Dudu RDRII

15 minutes ago, BallinBallas said:

yep, im fully disconnected. I’ve downgraded from older patches before with no issues. I just installed the latest update again to confirm it’s not a disc issue, and it still works.

Well sh*t.... say it ain’t so ! 

Hopefully not a widespread thing and still allows others to downgrade to 1.0

unless rockstar has turned full heel and disabled the ability to do that at all

7th Ward Charizard
4 minutes ago, Johnnyb17 said:

Well sh*t.... say it ain’t so ! 

Hopefully not a widespread thing and still allows others to downgrade to 1.0

unless rockstar has turned full heel and disabled the ability to do that at all

I’m doing one last attempt at an offline reinstall. I double checked everything again, so if this crashes as well it’s safe to say they added some type of DRM with the latest update (in the US) sigh..

• Like 2

If they seriously prevent you from downgrading to 1.0 and then neglect to fix the current versions graphics i might just trash the game hahaha

sounds dramatic,but its like they gave us a Ferrari to drive  around for a month and then said “hey! We’ll just take it in for a service” and then when you go to collect your Ferrari......its now a f*cking Prius

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, BallinBallas said:

yep, im fully disconnected. I’ve downgraded from older patches before with no issues. I just installed the latest update again to confirm it’s not a disc issue, and it still works.

I could be wrong but I think it doesn't work on Xbox for whatever reason. Hopefully I am wrong, and you manage to get it done. 

If not though, sorry mate. Join us on team Playstation. :)

It worked like a dream on the ps4-pro 🙂 So now I am playing 1.00 and omg what a difference it is! I would not say 1.00 is perfect as it is a little bit unpolished, but it is a huge improvement compared to 1.14. The visuals is better, frame rate is better, better draw distance and no trees and houses disappearing when one aims, in conclusion all is just way better. 

I cannot understand in the slightest how R* deliberately or otherwise, could f*ck up their own magnum opus as much as they have!?!?

• Like 4

It's not deliberate. Despite what some think, they aren't introducing issues into SP to push people into RDO.

It's just plain old incompetence. Even the "cash cow" RDO isn't exempt from this, RDO PC is a straight up dumpster fire from what I'm hearing, lacking multiple expected PC features like text chat, having autoaim when playing with controllers and somehow not plugging sh*t like trainers working in RDO, despite that being an easy fix for a studio the size of Rockstar in 2019.

If I had to speculate, I'd say that this patch is the PC parity patch and they introduced sh*t from the, to put it kindly, problematic PC version into the console versions.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Confuzzeled said:

I could be wrong but I think it doesn't work on Xbox for whatever reason. Hopefully I am wrong, and you manage to get it done. 

If not though, sorry mate. Join us on team Playstation. :)

I’ve uninstalled and downgraded to 1.0 multiple times on my xbox one x so it definitely works for xbox unless today that changed

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's not deliberate. Despite what some think, they aren't introducing issues into SP to push people into RDO.

It's just plain old incompetence. Even the "cash cow" RDO isn't exempt from this, RDO PC is a straight up dumpster fire from what I'm hearing, lacking multiple expected PC features like text chat, having autoaim when playing with controllers and somehow not plugging sh*t like trainers working in RDO, despite that being an easy fix for a studio the size of Rockstar in 2019.

If I had to speculate, I'd say that this patch is the PC parity patch and they introduced sh*t from the, to put it kindly, problematic PC version into the console versions.

I also do not think R* f*cks up deliberately, so plain incompetence it is then and I am not sure that makes the issue much better. R* must be very sloppy to make this game worse with each patch and really destroy it with the 1.14. 

An answer or anything from R* that explains how this 1.14 could happen could mitigate the damage done but R* do not say anything. They do not even say that they will fix the issues now plaguing the game. 

33 minutes ago, Ironside said:

It worked like a dream on the ps4-pro 🙂 So now I am playing 1.00 and omg what a difference it is! I would not say 1.00 is perfect as it is a little bit unpolished, but it is a huge improvement compared to 1.14. The visuals is better, frame rate is better, better draw distance and no trees and houses disappearing when one aims, in conclusion all is just way better. 

I cannot understand in the slightest how R* deliberately or otherwise, could f*ck up their own magnum opus as much as they have!?!?

Very glad to hear it worked! It is indeed FAR better isn't it. Everything is just much better at 1.00. Just wish R* would just decide to revert back to 1.00, then try to reintroduce all the patches properly. 

Plus you can now do the gold bar glitches and the horse glitch! :)

25 minutes ago, Johnnyb17 said:

I’ve uninstalled and downgraded to 1.0 multiple times on my xbox one x so it definitely works for xbox unless today that changed

Fair enough. I've heard people on Xbox couldn't revert. Excellent if you can! 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Confuzzeled said:

Very glad to hear it worked! It is indeed FAR better isn't it. Everything is just much better at 1.00. Just wish R* would just decide to revert back to 1.00, then try to reintroduce all the patches properly. 

Plus you can now do the gold bar glitches and the horse glitch! :)

Fair enough. I've heard people on Xbox couldn't revert. Excellent if you can! 

What horse glitch!? You have me intrigued 🙂 

24 minutes ago, Ironside said:

What horse glitch!? You have me intrigued 🙂 

There's a...not entirely a glitch per say, but just north of St. Denis, near the "NWA" on the map, there are 2 horses that spawn each day. It can range from decent horses to the absolute best horses in the game. 

Definitely worth checking out. Just youtube it. It's just behind the 3 houses next to each other. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Confuzzeled said:

There's a...not entirely a glitch per say, but just north of St. Denis, near the "NWA" on the map, there are 2 horses that spawn each day. It can range from decent horses to the absolute best horses in the game. 

Definitely worth checking out. Just youtube it. It's just behind the 3 houses next to each other. 

Thank you! Will definitely try to get a cool horse from that place when I get a chance, normally I always ride up to the mountains and gets the White Arabian at the first chance I get. Unfortunately I will be away at work and cannot try this until Thursday or Friday. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ironside said:

Thank you! Will definitely try to get a cool horse from that place when I get a chance, normally I always ride up to the mountains and gets the White Arabian at the first chance I get. Unfortunately I will be away at work and cannot try this until Thursday or Friday. 

No problem. I managed to get an Arabian on my first try at that spot this time around lol. :D

Sometimes it takes a few tries to get something good, just persist if that's the case. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Johnnyb17 said:

If they seriously prevent you from downgrading to 1.0 and then neglect to fix the current versions graphics i might just trash the game hahaha

sounds dramatic,but its like they gave us a Ferrari to drive  around for a month and then said “hey! We’ll just take it in for a service” and then when you go to collect your Ferrari......its now a f*cking Prius

The game is already trashed, someone please check to see if xbox retail original discs revert back to original before patches i can't until I finish my playthrough, waiting for at least a frame rate fix then i will revert to original disc :(

• Like 3

patch 1.14 makes me sad

I have the disc version of the game on Xbox one and can't roll back the updates for some reason. Whenever I try to reinstall the game offline the disc installation freezes at a certain percentage, but then when I reconnect it back to online and the patches are downloading the disc installation proceeds to download. Basically, the disc only installs as long as I install the patches. Anyone know why this might be happening?

9 minutes ago, Maidenpriest said:

The game is already trashed, someone please check to see if xbox retail original discs revert back to original before patches i can't until I finish my playthrough, waiting for at least a frame rate fix then i will revert to original disc :(

I really feel for you. Having completed the story and more or less all there is to do in the game so many times that I have, I really did not see any downside in reverting the game back to 1.00

To me all the “little” things and the very many not so “little” but very tragic things that was introduced in the 1.14, really smashed the game to pieces. Pieces I am not sure or even believe that R* ever will try to fix. So personally I have settled and made up my mind that 1.00 is probably where I will stay no matter what happens, I mean why shall I play an inferior game than the one I payed for?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ironside said:

Same here, i reverted back to v 1.00, lets not forget to mention that everything is more lively in v 1.00, more wildlife, wild horses spawns all across the map, way more NPC's and conversations all around, more and better colors instead of the washed out [email protected]#$ in v 1,14.

Weapon wheel working way better and more direct, the overall feel is more responsive, AO works great, fire looks awsome ! And no rotten carcasses dropping from the sky everywhere.

One thing..., i play on PS4 and even with auto updates disabled on the console i can not stay connected to the internet because the game still forces the update, so i can not be in a party with my friends (who all went back to v 1.00) just to talk to each other when gaming.

This is ridiculous ! I should be in control and decide if i want to update a game or not !

But this can be a console (Sony) doing, i will call them 2morrow to see whats up with that...

For now i keep the console offline and enjoy RDR2 v 1.00 a lot ,the way its meant to be, and the game i actually bought, not the sh*t show that Rockstar made of it with v 1.14

If they dont fix this they will have lost a customer, period.

Edited by Tha-Jamz
typo's ?
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Tha-Jamz said:

Same here, i reverted back to v 1.00, lets not forget to mention that everything is more lively in v 1.00, more wildlife, wild horses spawns all across the map, way more NPC's and conversations all around, more and better colors instead of the washed out [email protected]#$ in v 1,14.

Weapon wheel working way better and more direct, the overall feel is more responsive, AO works great, fire looks awsome ! And no rotten carcasses dropping from the sky everywhere.

One thing..., i play on PS4 and even with auto updates disabled on the console i can not stay connected to the internet because the game still forces the update, so i can not be in a party with my friends (who all went back to v 1.00) just to talk to each other when gaming.

This is ridiculous ! I should be in control and decide if i want to update a game or not !

But this can be a console (Sony) doing, i will call them 2morrow to see whats up with that...

For now i keep the console offline and enjoy RDR2 v 1.00 a lot ,the way its meant to be, and the game i actually bought, not the sh*t show that Rockstar made of it with v 1.14

If they dont fix this they will have lost a customer, period.

Indeed everything in 1.00 is alive. So much better in virtually every way. The fact there are people out there that deny this is baffling. What's more baffling is that RDR2 1.00 is as close to the perfect game as you can get, yet each patch ruins it that much more. Feel for those who've never played 1.00. 

The perpetual battle with the "auto update" is most definitely infuriating. I too have turned off auto update, but the game says nope, I'm GOING to update. I HATE that, so just play offline atm. 

Let us know how your call goes. Will be interesting to hear what they say! 

One player pm-ed me on reddit that he wrote to R* support about the xbox framerate issue and he got a response that he should delete and add his xbox accounts because that might solve his problem and....

No change, what a surprise... Still lagging like hell I even went back to my old save game when story is completed, I went into blackwater and I was like... Seriously?? 12-15 fps???

The guy on reddit told me that he doesn't have this problem in online so he will just drop single player.... But I don't care for online, but I'm in love with RDR2 sp...

Here's what I've done so far: 

Tested it on three separate xboxes. (one at home, one at my workplace and asked my friend to see if it's better for him)

Reinstalled (twice, moved the game to my other hard drive second time)

Cleared cache, did hard reset

Removed and added my xbox accounts to my console.

changed instant on to power saver mode 

So I'm pretty much convinced that this is the patches fault, does someone know anyone that can run RDR2 on Xbox one S/OG Xbox One SP without frame rate issues (Well we had a few dips in saint denis before of course because this console is pretty old but this is now a million time worse even in open areas)

The 2 things that really frustrate me is :

Multiple ppl on forums told us to buy it on PC and enjoy 60 fps. Sureeeee let's buy the game for 60 bucks which I already own, because Rockstar decided to f**k it up on my console!

And most importantly: We got a confirmation, that Rockstart doesn't acknowledge this issue. 

7th Ward Charizard

I’m relieved to say that I finally managed to reinstall 1.00! I’m not sure what the problem was but I guess fourth time is the charm? very strange, just happy to have a stable game again. sorry for the false alarm guys

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, BallinBallas said:

I’m relieved to say that I finally managed to reinstall 1.00! I’m not sure what the problem was but I guess fourth time is the charm? very strange, just happy to have a stable game again. sorry for the false alarm guys

Nicely done mate! Just keep an eye on any updates. Enjoy!

El Penguin Bobo

So, could I just reinstall my game and I can get my actual game back? lol

patch 1.14 makes me sad

I have the disc version on the fat Xbox one. I wanted to try to roll back the updates to 1.00 but when I try to install the disc offline or without the updates the disc installation freezes at a certain percentage. Whenever I go back online and install with the patches everything goes fine and the disc installation proceeds. Basically, I can only install the disc if I install it with the patches and updates. Anyone know why this might be happening?

3 minutes ago, patch 1.14 makes me sad said:

I have the disc version on the fat Xbox one. I wanted to try to roll back the updates to 1.00 but when I try to install the disc offline or without the updates the disc installation freezes at a certain percentage. Whenever I go back online and install with the patches everything goes fine and the disc installation proceeds. Basically, I can only install the disc if I install it with the patches and updates. Anyone know why this might be happening?

Cause on XboX its just not possible to go back to V 1.00, sorry..., read this entire topic pls its all been explained.

El Penguin Bobo
1 minute ago, Tha-Jamz said:

Cause on XboX its just not possible to go back to V 1.00, sorry..., read this entire topic pls its all been explained.

f*ck.

12 minutes ago, El Penguin Bobo said:

So, could I just reinstall my game and I can get my actual game back? lol

Pretty much assuming you have the physical copy. The caveat is you'll have to most probably start again, (though you'll still have all your saves and will be able to load those save if you update again) but as it's 1.00, just do the gold bar and horse glitch and you're set. Just got an Arabian and $15,000 so that helps a lot lol. 

9 minutes ago, Confuzzeled said:

Pretty much assuming you have the physical copy. The caveat is you'll have to most probably start again, (though you'll still have all your saves and will be able to load those save if you update again) but as it's 1.00, just do the gold bar and horse glitch and you're set. Just got an Arabian and $15,000 so that helps a lot lol. 

Are u on Xbox ? cause to my understanding its not possible on Xbox, read this entire topic pls...

I think it's a last ditch cash grab, It isn't some wacky tinfoil hat BS to suggest that they intentionally broke the console game exactly as the PC version was released to get a small chunk of of the player base to freak out and buy the PC version as well. 

They will have all these issues magically fixed in the next patch once they have the extra money. I am cynically imagining a folder in the patch labelled 'cash-grab' with all the problem files. Come on, does this really seem like an innocent co-incidence to you? What are the chances that exactly as the PC version is released the old console version suddenly takes a dive? Of course not, this is a business who have shown in the last 5 years that they will do absolutely anything, ethical or otherwise, to scrape every little bit of cash out of its target market. It is far more unlikely that it wasn't intentional than it was intentional.

I'm not saying I know for sure, but I would bet on the fact they fix the issues in the next patch, and also unlock the new content on consoles so long as they are happy with PC sales by then. I was disappointed with GTA V compared with GTA IV, and especially the way the after-release sales strategies played out (scrapping story DLC), but now I think Rockstar are too big for their boots and just completely taking the piss with this game. It is beyond unethical to sell someone a Ferrari, and secretly swap it with a Prius during servicing, but keep all the money.

• Like 4

patch 1.14 makes me sad

2 minutes ago, Tha-Jamz said:

Are u on Xbox ? cause to my understanding its not possible on Xbox, read this entire topic pls...

The person that said they were having problems going back on xbox said they managed to get 1.00 up and running now

34 minutes ago, BallinBallas said:

So I think it should be possible to get 1.00 running on xbox 

3 minutes ago, patch 1.14 makes me sad said:

The person that said they were having problems going back on xbox said they managed to get 1.00 up and running now

So I think it should be possible to get 1.00 running on xbox 

Mkay ! ive must have missed that, well i realy hope so for all Xbox players ! (the ones that want to go back to V 1.00)

My bad...  ;)

• Like 2