2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

MAJOR downgrades as of Patch 1.26!!! (Reports)

Edward RDRIII

1.20 was alright for me tbh, at least with the main game I have no plan to get near the Epilogue. 

What's the size of this one?

• Like 1

Darealbandicoot
26 minutes ago, TheJesus1996 said:

1.20 was alright for me tbh, at least with the main game I have no plan to get near the Epilogue. 

What's the size of this one?

It varies from platform to platform. PlayStation is something around 300mb, Xbox is 3gb etc 

• Like 1

ballstorture
16 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

It varies from platform to platform. PlayStation is something around 300mb, Xbox is 3gb etc 

Trashscum launcher says only 140mb,let's see how powerful this little fella is

• Like 1

Darealbandicoot

Fast travelling now has the chance to crash the game and loading times are longer. 

Edited by Darealbandicoot
  • Like 2
  • KEKW 1

AgroDaCheese
44 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

On Steam it was about 79Mb. Why do the sizes change between platforms?

• Like 1

ballstorture
47 minutes ago, AgroDaCheese said:

On Steam it was about 79Mb. Why do the sizes change between platforms?

I think their stipid launcher choose to cover/redownload the whole "rpf" package when they're going to replace some files inside their encrypted packages,but on steam they just choose to replace the files directly,or let's say just skip the unnecessary parts that either don't need to change or ain't seem to be affected by those files that going to be replaced,or just steam use their own file update methods when dealing with such stuff.So you can always notice when a new small patch rolls out,steam version's update file size are smaller than r* launcher version's.As for xbox&playstation I reckon they are using something similar too.

• Like 1

My game crashed (again) and I think they might broke animals spawning. Great job, Rockstar

Edit: Nah, spawning is fine.

Edited by Skwaraczek
Mistake
  • Like 1

LeonVegaSuarez

It's ridiculous tha they just release patches, change some stuff in story mode and we're left to basically find out what was changed by ourselves.

• Like 4

Cutter De Blanc

The way they run their company you'd think its just one guy working on all the patches

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1

Caffeination

Panther carcasses, specifically and only panther carcasses, still magically disappear for some unexplainable reason from your horse's back, but it's still present in your horse's inventory.

I'll explain why this is a problem; if you donate the panther carcass instead of the skin, neither Pearson nor the trapper will count it, meaning you're still incapable of crafting a satchel upgrade and the best saddle in storymode, so you have to hunt one again and skin it this time. I don't think any other animal has this problem, I donated one perfect wolf carcass and one perfect wolf pelt to Pearson, and I managed to get one perfect wolf carcass and two perfect wolf pelts out of it.

I've experienced this in my 2nd playthrough, some time in the second half of 2019. I don't know why Rockstar haven't fixed this issue to this day, it's seriously annoying, and there's like literally only one somewhat reliable panther spawn on the entire map.

55 minutes ago, Caffeination said:

Panther carcasses, specifically and only panther carcasses, still magically disappear for some unexplainable reason from your horse's back, but it's still present in your horse's inventory.

I'll explain why this is a problem; if you donate the panther carcass instead of the skin, neither Pearson nor the trapper will count it, meaning you're still incapable of crafting a satchel upgrade and the best saddle in storymode, so you have to hunt one again and skin it this time. I don't think any other animal has this problem, I donated one perfect wolf carcass and one perfect wolf pelt to Pearson, and I managed to get one perfect wolf carcass and two perfect wolf pelts out of it.

I've experienced this in my 2nd playthrough, some time in the second half of 2019. I don't know why Rockstar haven't fixed this issue to this day, it's seriously annoying, and there's like literally only one somewhat reliable panther spawn on the entire map.

This happens to me all the time since the earlier patches in the story mode. Went up to the Hanging Dog Ranch to hunt some wolves. Ride back to Horseshoe overlook camp with a wolf carcass when I get to Watson cabin it disappeared. Reloaded the game 5 times and the wolf carcass disappeared again.

Normally, the wolf carcass would disappear when Javier appeared for the Random encounter Posse Breakout. To get past the disappearance of wolf carcass I would go hunt Wolves in Lake Isabella and ride back to Horseshoe Overlook.

Edited by Psycho18
  • Like 1

GuiCORLEONEx794

My game just f*cking CRASHED on online mode, WHAT THE f*ck. My game never crashed before. Who hired the kid who plays with the patches????

• Like 1

Excalibur Voltaire

AC Unity on launch would be less broken at this point

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Caffeination said:

This happens in 1.00 for me with the Panther. I took a 2 star carcass in to the trapper (there's a glitch where a 2 star carcass can be a 3 star carcass in 1.00, but only if you take the full carcass in) and it vanished. 

My friend is playing online right now, he says it's hard locked three times all within 5 minutes, he's finally in a settled game and there are no animals at all, weirder still, no fish will spawn. thats a new one!

Edited by SneakyDeaky
  • Like 1

Darealbandicoot

Here I was thinking 1.14 was the worst patch the game ever got, this one takes the f*cking cake. Crashes online AND sometimes single player LMAO

• Like 3

Red Dead Redemption 2 update 1.21 patch notes

Fixed stuttering and lag issues.

Added network improvements

Fixed game crashing issues.

Performance and stability improvements added.

Other minor under the hood fixes

81 mb on Epic Games Launcher

Edited by bm07tr
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Caffeination said:

Could you personal message me the location please? I've looked east of Catfish Jacksons MANY times at all times of day and night and can't get one to spawn.

Sorry for the derail.

• Like 1

AgroDaCheese
7 hours ago, bm07tr said:

Red Dead Redemption 2 update 1.21 patch notes

Fixed stuttering and lag issues.

Added network improvements

Fixed game crashing issues.

Performance and stability improvements added.

Other minor under the hood fixes

81 mb on Epic Games Launcher

I guess it must be opposite day at Rockstar HQ

• Like 2

TheLastOutlaw1911

Holy sh*t this game is broken now. Does anyone know when the next state of play event is (or know any rumours) I'm curious if R* is gonna announce RDR2 next gen and leave this version a buggy and broken mess. 

• Like 1

Skyhightreees
29 minutes ago, TheShape2020 said:

Holy sh*t this game is broken now. Does anyone know when the next state of play event is (or know any rumours) I'm curious if R* is gonna announce RDR2 next gen and leave this version a buggy and broken mess. 

Whats up I'm a new player.. never played the great version of the game.

Can you make a tl:dr of all the downgrades?

are things like pop-in reduced in the original? Graphics mainly?

• Like 1

TheLastOutlaw1911
12 minutes ago, Skyhightreees said:

Whats up I'm a new player.. never played the great version of the game.

Can you make a tl:dr of all the downgrades?

are things like pop-in reduced in the original? Graphics mainly?

The best version of RDR2 is 1.00 there is a thread about this that I recommend you check out. Ill quickly say as far s graphics go there have been downgrades such as lighting in mirrors, the lights outside valentine general store and the textures of the player character in the epilogue have been downgraded as well. not sure about pop-in I think it is the same in both 1.00 and current.

Edited by TheShape2020
  • Like 1

ballstorture

Red Dead Redemption 2,is a game that many claim it is one of the most advanced games in the market.I want to believe thiese words,but thanks to Mr.REALITY,he insists me to keep the opinions to myself.

Some must wondering:Are u drunk mister?Well shame on you!Just take a look at this!

cCIZzbD.png

I never knew the mirror reflection doesn't count these dirts attached to your clothes lol,and facial damage&scars are no where to be found too.

And some people always say gta v sucks,neither the gameplay design and technological stuff ain't impressive in everyway.

ZsHI8By.jpg

But it does manage to include a not-that-bad mirror reflection system,well at least it can display the basic detail in a right way,at least it can still show your scars and damages in the mirrors without any fussiness.

If this is not another new bug,well I can say it clearly ain't that technical marvelous as some "professional verified " medias claim it is.If this is a bug,well...

Edited by Abel Tesfaye
  • Like 3

Uncle Marston

Damn, best thing i did was downgrading to 1.00. I'm just chilling on Chapter 2 with no major bugs so far. Not planning in playing online.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Western Gunslinger said:

AC Unity on launch would be less broken at this point

You aren't serious are you?

2 hours ago, Abel Tesfaye said:

Red Dead Redemption 2,is a game that many claim it is one of the most advanced games in the market.I want to believe thiese words,but thanks to Mr.REALITY,he insists me to keep the opinions to myself.

It's actually :p The game have some issues but surely it's better than 99% of games. Look at The Witcher 3, it's very unpolished and does have a lot of issues even after 5 years of release and it's doesn't have online mode ! The developers of The Witcher 3 said they want their next game's quality(Cyberpunk 2077) to be as Red Dead Redemption 2

Red Dead Redemption 2 is without a doubt a Technical achievement.

• Like 1

Caffeination

lol, just got teleported to the nexus (aka center) of the map for looting up something from the Aberdeen pig farm.

I’ve experienced this once before in story mode, but it was in post-prologue and when I was hitching up Buell at Beecher’s Hope. Definitely didn’t experience this looting up those dead cannibals.

• Like 2

Darealbandicoot

They fixed the infinite load bug if you go back to single player from online so.... Yay I suppose lol

• Like 1

I was doing Nuevo glitch and as soon as I got to the shore I got blue screen of death

• Like 2

I think the companions item request still broken. I still cannot get Lenny's watch request. Lenny wouldn't sit at the camp fire at night in chapters 2-3.  Anyone know any special way get this Lenny request to appear?

• Like 1

Excalibur Voltaire
7 hours ago, Valtr said:

You aren't serious are you?

If we're comparing ACU to RDRII since 1.14 then yes. What's the point of the game being a "technical masterpiece with amazing story" if the game crashed whenever you launch them, also R* put a patch that prevents you from playing the game if you're not connected to the internet (just like EA)

7 hours ago, Valtr said:

it's doesn't have online mode

Which is great, not every game needs online mode

• Like 2