Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. DLC
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
      7. The Diamond Casino Heist
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Dudu RDRII

MAJOR downgrade with Patch 1.14!!! (Report)

Recommended Posts

Ironside
4 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Don't say the game has been downgraded in ANY way or you'll bring the "There was never any downgrades, the game is perfect now, your just hating on the game and making a fuss over everything " dudes here ūüėā

I will say it anyway, the game has been downgraded on numerous occasions. The 1.14 patch was and is the worst downgrade so far as it has literally made the game unplayable on some consoles, that is if one does not equate slideshow FPS with gaming... I am playing on the PS4-PRO and at 1080p the FPS is locked at 30 but the trees and grass is definitely downgraded when it comes to draw distance. I am certain the 1.14 patch screwed with many other things as it changed the menu when one sell stuff to the pelt person. Feathers from egrets and spoonbills can not be sold anymore and are only used for the quest with the guy that makes hats. 
 

So it definitely seems someone or even the entire office(s) at R* was partying and being drunk as they celebrated the PC version and did not have time to do any quality tests whatsoever with the 1.14 patch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot
6 minutes ago, Ironside said:

I will say it anyway, the game has been downgraded on numerous occasions. The 1.14 patch was and is the worst downgrade so far as it has literally made the game unplayable on some consoles, that is if one does not equate slideshow FPS with gaming... I am playing on the PS4-PRO and at 1080p the FPS is locked at 30 but the trees and grass is definitely downgraded when it comes to draw distance. I am certain the 1.14 patch screwed with many other things as it changed the menu when one sell stuff to the pelt person. Feathers from egrets and spoonbills can not be sold anymore and are only used for the quest with the guy that makes hats. 
 

So it definitely seems someone or even the entire office(s) at R* was partying and being drunk as they celebrated the PC version and did not have time to do any quality tests whatsoever with the 1.14 patch. 

Oh and go to controls and click on third person controls or whatever so it displays the controller. It's literally a mess with this update lol

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oh and there's this weird loading bar on bootup now @Ironside

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Darealbandicoot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ironside
3 minutes ago, Darealbandicoot said:

Oh and go to controls and click on third person controls or whatever so it displays the controller. It's literally a mess with this update lol

 

 

 

Yup, saw it earlier in a post and tried it instantly. It does support my theory about R* and vast amount of alcohol in combination with the ¬†1.14 release. And yes, I also have the weird ‚Äúloading bar‚ÄĚ, or what he hell it is!?

Edited by Ironside
Added more text

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot
4 minutes ago, Ironside said:

Yup, saw it earlier in a post and tried it instantly. It does support my theory about R* and vast amount of alcohol in combination with the  1.14 release. 

The lanterns in front of the Valentine store are STILL off on PC. LMFAO they must really hate those lanterns

 

Also, WTF does third person FOV do? It does nothing on console 

ūüėā

Edited by Darealbandicoot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Varys

deleted

Edited by Varys
read it wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ironside
1 minute ago, Varys said:

ūüėź

Exactly, the person that wants to buy the game again because the very company that made said game deliberately downgrades is... That person really needs to reconsider how one votes with the wallet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Varys
3 minutes ago, Ironside said:

Exactly, the person that wants to buy the game again because the very company that made said game deliberately downgrades is... That person really needs to reconsider how one votes with the wallet. 

You're right, but I read it wrong and quoted the wrong post initially. What you say still stands though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JC_HUMBLE

There's definitely something shady about this new patch. 

- Arthur's head doesn't turn the direction of what I'm looking.

- When you enter cheats they appear with *** like passwords 

- WTF the game is giving me tutorials again lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Johnnyb17

I think we can all agree unanimously that the single player has been downgraded with 1.14

 

but it’s been going on for ages... 

 

anyway lucky I didn’t update so i will play offline using 1.13. I would use 1.0 but 1.13 

has much more fluid combat and shooting mechanics. The 1.13 free aim is so fun and satisfying. I think from now i will wait a couple of days after a new patch comes out to survey the damage it may cause haha I suggest y’all do the same

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JC_HUMBLE

Man this game... I can't select nothing from the wheel except for weapons, also Arthur went mute in a mission... I'm gonna load the game again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ripstart01

I like the comments around people considering the way they vote with their wallet. 

 

I was a good lad and did as I was told, playing through single player to 100% and patching as required. I gave RDO a go for a couple of days to level 20 and I quickly realized it is complete and utter garbage, a greedy, cynical, and totally pathetic cash grab.

 

that is when I started doing my homework into each update. I went offline and reinstalled the game, started a new game on 1.00 from scratch and it has been by far the most enjoyable playthrough. Took it through to 100% again with saves before my favourite times in the game. The graphics are arguably better, Arthur has access to everything in the game and John even has the ability to wear customized outfits with no weapon equipment or satchel, he also doesn't look completely retarded. I made a big post about the experience/features/gameplay for each chapter on page 38 here: 

 

Like many others I am not happy having the product I purchased downgraded by force. To me this is illegal. I will play the game as it was released, and experience the product I paid for.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
~INDIO~

To start off with, i was unaware John looks like a retard in the latest patch. I mean, could you disrespect him any more Rockstar?

(On that note, check out John's face in the RDR1 mission where you find Louisa outside her burned down home, he actually has a human looking expression in this 11 year old gameūüėĪ)

You've already done him BADLY in the epilogue being bossed around by some whining, random, ungrateful cunt named Sadie, who no one gives 2 sh*ts about.

She should have died in that f*cking fire

 

Secondly, Sam Houser was quoted as saying "We've poured everything we have into this game" just before release. Then why the f*ck would you just completely abandon it and not even fix simple issues?

All they've done to Story Mode is make it worse since it came out.

It just shows how much they care about the actual franchise fans.

It's all about online, dirty cash grabs with Take Two.

They have pushed aside Story Mode and the fans that let them continue to produce games, for a half assed Online mode that is failing just about everywhere you look.

 

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this game and have been a fan since Red Dead Revolver.

It's a huge game with an amazing amount of content, particularly the amount of Story Missions.

It just kinda annoys me that they've completely abandoned SP, when they could keep people interested by adding new weapons, hideouts and bounties.

I'm very willing to pay for this new content. Why the hell can't we buy the new stuffūüėē

A hell of a lot of people would pay for Story Mode content. This is the route they should have gone with this game, and left online mode to GTA.

I guess when there's absolute idiots in charge they have only themselves to blame.

The DLC for this game would have sold f*cking UNBELIEVABLY well. 

Massively missed opportunity

 

Gone back to RDR1 the last few weeks, missed this game. Must have played through it at least 30 times by now

Edited by ~INDIO~
.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dudu RDRII

As promised... Patch 1.14 is definitely the worst.

Also, when you are looking at something catching fire the FPS drops to 10 more or less, just horrible!!!

Edited by Dudu RDRII

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mysterious hero

Will there be another update when they add the new bounties, hideouts, and weapons to consoles? If so, could they fix the problems from update 1.14? Those trees in the video look.... just..... my god. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ironside
29 minutes ago, Dudu RDRII said:

As promised... Patch 1.14 is definitely the worst.

Also, when you are looking at something catching fire the FPS drops to 10 more or less, just horrible!!!

They have added som ‚Äúhaze‚ÄĚ effect to the fires. It is very easy to spot while making campfires and it may look better/different than before but it eats FPS on the weaker consoles even with small fires and does the same on the X and the PRO with enough fires. So yes, 1.14 really made the game worse in all aspects.¬†

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dudu RDRII
13 minutes ago, Mysterious hero said:

Will there be another update when they add the new bounties, hideouts, and weapons to consoles? If so, could they fix the problems from update 1.14? Those trees in the video look.... just..... my god. 

All the new content from PC is already on the consoles files just waiting to be activated, I found a new Kentucky Saddler today even though it's not officially released on XB1 and PS4.

Edited by Dudu RDRII

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
~INDIO~

I hope you all play RDR1 as it's an absolute masterpiece.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ironside
2 minutes ago, Dudu RDRII said:

All the new content from PC is already on the consoles files just waiting to be activated, I found a new Kentucky Saddler today even though it's not officially released on XB1 and PS4.

I have to be honest here though, I as said before would love to get to use the LeMat in sp. But if I have to choose between the new content paired with the sh*tty state of the game post 1.14 or no new stuff and 1.13, I would choose 1.13 without a second of hesitation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Johnnyb17

Phew glad I’ve been away from my Xbox and haven’t downloaded that sh*te update. 

 

1.13 for me until further notice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ironside
1 minute ago, Johnnyb17 said:

Phew glad I’ve been away from my Xbox and haven’t downloaded that sh*te update. 

 

1.13 for me until further notice

I envy you...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Johnnyb17
Just now, Ironside said:

I envy you...

Yeah sucks dude. Guess I’m playing offline from now on. How long till they fix this i wonder...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ironside
Just now, Johnnyb17 said:

Yeah sucks dude. Guess I’m playing offline from now on. How long till they fix this i wonder...

I have no hope that they will fix it at all to be honest. We have since long payed for our console editions of RDR2 and R* wants us to buy the PC version. I will not buy the PC version since I have no interest in online and I was happy enough with my ‚Äúinferior‚ÄĚ ps4-pro version of the game, that is until 1.14 dropped. Now I will take a hiatus from RDR2 story mode and play something else until and if R* ever decided to make the game playable again.¬†

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dudu RDRII

What would I give Rockstar to go back to Patch 1.10... I would prefer this over any new content if I had the choice.

Edited by Dudu RDRII

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JC_HUMBLE

My weapon/objects wheel doesn't respond well now also animal carcasses fall from the sky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ironside
19 minutes ago, Dudu RDRII said:

What would I give Rockstar to go back to Patch 1.10... I would prefer this over any new content if I had the choice.

 

2 minutes ago, JC_HUMBLE said:

My weapon/objects wheel doesn't respond well now also animal carcasses fall from the sky

The game has really improved since release, right!? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JC_HUMBLE

Gotta say I was wrong and never wanted to believe the game was dowgraded and now I'm suffering for it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ironside
1 minute ago, JC_HUMBLE said:

Gotta say I was wrong and never wanted to believe the game was dowgraded and now I'm suffering for it 

I understand you, it is easy to want the best when one really likes/loves something, even a game. Despite all the negative things I say here or maybe I say them because I truly like this game. RDR2 was one of the best games ever made despite all the lost opportunities. That is why it is so sad to see what is happening with the game, it is not the product I payed for anymore as it has become a pale and deformed shadow of what it was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Johnnyb17

Honestly I downgraded ages ago and have been playing patch 1.0 but out of curiosity upgraded last week to 1.13 and find that version quite superior in many ways -

combat is much better for example 1.0 your character cant do those slick melee finishers like in 1.13 which are so satisfying. I love the melee in this game. Also free aim in 1.13 is so good 

just all round superior. 

 

As for 1.14 i will never upgrade to that haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CH14R1

Some more details I observed:

- Title screen is someway different, the picture of your last location is smaller, cropped

- Cattleman revolver has a new sound

- Some new and some weird dialogue. I’ve been in a conversation which the guy couldn’t decide if he was friendly or hostile, completely bugged

- Lancaster repeater kinda jammed on joys of tobacco mission

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Johnnyb17
10 minutes ago, CH14R1 said:

Some more details I observed:

- Title screen is someway different, the picture of your last location is smaller, cropped

- Cattleman revolver has a new sound

- Some new and some weird dialogue. I’ve been in a conversation which the guy couldn’t decide if he was friendly or hostile, completely bugged

- Lancaster repeater kinda jammed on joys of tobacco mission

This a great idea, we should all post things we notice good or bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 32 Users Currently Viewing
    10 members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests

    • Ripstart01
    • Los Santos citizen
    • Tha-Jamz
    • Dan_1983
    • Dude25
    • HeyThereFriend
    • LoneWolf260
    • ~INDIO~
    • MareckiRDR
    • icecoldkilla1467
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.