Downgrades as of Patch 1.31 (Reports)

Agent Edward

Agent Edward
14 hours ago, Petko said:

This happened on Patch 1.30 ... Have you had similar issue with that mission?

That's new to me, I never saw this bug that makes two missions of the same "story" available before, one more to the list, what happens if you complete both of them?

Just now, Edward RDRIII said:

That's new to me, I never saw this bug that makes two missions of the same "story" available before, one more to the list, what happens if you complete both of them?

I had to finish Part VII but surprisingly Part II still stayed there even after reload. When you initiate it you still get the dialogue from Alden but the actual stagecoach mission won't pop up on the map again. You just get the dialogue at Rhodes' Post Office Station and after a few more attempts to start it it finally went away 😮

• Like 1

Agent Edward
Just now, Petko said:

I had to finish Part VII but surprisingly Part II still stayed there even after reload. When you initiate it you still get the dialogue from Alden but the actual stagecoach mission won't pop up on the map again. You just get the dialogue at Rhodes' Post Office Station and after a few more attempts to start it it finally went away 😮

At least there's a way to fix it, damn Rockstar. The same thing will happen to GTA 6 after a few years, I wonder why they bother making such a carefully created game just to break it later.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

My Xbox Gamertag is Edward RDR3 as well, see how it's displayed now on RDR2's main menu after the most recent patch lol.

1OOciNt.png

Edited by Edward RDRIII

• 2 weeks later...

Equipping the fishing rod during the Bronte mission is nearly impossible now... Before going to Armadillo's General Store and opening the catalogue used to fix it for me but not anymore... Also NPCs' dialogue is bugged now during the very same mission... You have to lock on them a couple of times before the option to Greet / Antagonize is no longer grayed out... And last but not least the ladies at MacFarlane's Ranch don't talk anymore but at least I was able to set up camp and sleep and play the whole mission during daytime 😏

Edited by Petko
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Petko said:

Equipping the fishing rod during the Bronte mission is nearly impossible now... Before going to Armadillo's General Store and opening the catalogue used to fix it for me but not anymore... Also NPCs' dialogue is bugged now during the very same mission... You have to lock on them a couple of times before the option to Greet / Antagonize is no longer grayed out... And last but not least the ladies at MacFarlane's Ranch don't talk anymore but at least I was able to set up camp and sleep and play the whole mission during daytime 😏

Does the fog go away as well when we sleep during this mission? I had to explore the entire state of New Austin and the other half of West Elizabeth at night with that extreme fog, I think I must have spent 4 days playing that mission in real life, imagine playing throughout this entire time without saving your progress and the game closes or the console shuts down for some reason lol. At least the soundtrack stopped when I caught the first legendary fish, it's pretty but it gets annoying after a while.

On 11/13/2022 at 5:54 AM, Edward RDRIII said:

Does the fog go away as well when we sleep during this mission? I had to explore the entire state of New Austin and the other half of West Elizabeth at night with that extreme fog, I think I must have spent 4 days playing that mission in real life, imagine playing throughout this entire time without saving your progress and the game closes or the console shuts down for some reason lol. At least the soundtrack stopped when I caught the first legendary fish, it's pretty but it gets annoying after a while.

Unfortunately the fog doesn't go away. And it does actually take 3-4 real life days in order to collect everything or just explore in general. But yeah soundtrack stops after a while. I will be making a video on it. Found some glitches like Venter's Place encounter respawning if you don't alert the Del Lobos so there's easy 70$ for you there apart from saving with cheats which also gets you $10M 😀

• Like 1

Lawmen are now doing chores in Tumbleweed. This happens if you use Fast Travel 😀
HscA5PH.jpeg

Edited by Petko
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Petko said:

Lawmen are now doing chores in Tumbleweed. This happens if you use Fast Travel 😀
HscA5PH.jpeg

That's kinda cool actually lol, how's the game's image on the system you play on? Rockstar disabled the TAA on Xbox One Fat/S version and the game is literally unplayable now, it hurts my eyes because everything is so grainy, this is the first update which forces us to reinstall the game without updating it to play on Version 1.00.

1 hour ago, Edward RDRIII said:

That's kinda cool actually lol, how's the game's image on the system you play on? Rockstar disabled the TAA on Xbox One Fat/S version and the game is literally unplayable now, it hurts my eyes because everything is so grainy, this is the first update which forces us to reinstall the game without updating it to play on Version 1.00.

Looks fine to me. I play on an old PS4.

1 hour ago, Petko said:

Yep! That one.

It must be a Xbox One Fat/S problem only then, look at the video I posted here on the previous page, I know YouTube decreases the image quality making it harder to notice but if you pay attention to the trees, overall foliage and ground textures you'll notice the heavy aliasing and grainy look everything have now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At least we still can kill Micah as Arthur on the mission "Red Dead Redemption" by choosing the "Return for The Money" ending on the latest patch, also it looks like Rockstar fixed the deers flickering on the river at the start of the mission "The Wheel" lol, so not everything is sh*t, THEY JUST GOTTA FIX THE DAMN TAA ON XBOX ONE FAT/S!!!

Edited by Edward RDRIII

On 12/7/2022 at 11:43 AM, Petko said:

MacFarlane's Ranch ladies are bugged and don't respond to greeting / antagonizing anymore...

You're right, John speaks with them but they just look at him and don't respond or make gestures anymore.

Darealbandicoot

At this point, whatever monkeys they got "working" on the game can only do more harm than good. 

• Like 3

On 12/24/2022 at 3:29 PM, Darealbandicoot said:

At this point, whatever monkeys they got "working" on the game can only do more harm than good. 

I gave up and started playing on Version 1.00 yesterday, f*ck Rockstar and their latest patches, it's unbelievable how prettier it is compared to Patch 1.31, especially after they broke the game's TAA. If Rockstar ever releases another patch for this game I'll try it, but unfortunately it's almost guaranteed for me to not like it and go back to Version 1.00 again.

Edited by Edward RDRIII
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/9/2022 at 9:11 PM, Andrea_23 said:

Has anyone noticed some flickering on water?  (any kind of water: rivers, lakes, swamps)

Sometimes it is very frequent, others less...

Before 1.31 I never noticed this defect, I would have noticed it ... I've been fishing a lot in the last few days. 

Hi,

i think i have fixed this issue by downgrading the game at the previous version.

Here the steps:

but instead  you must download this version (title update 1436.31 - 27 April 2022):

• download_depot 1174180 1174184 8484003552707859930
    (wait for the message "Depot download complete :" on Steam console before doing anything)
    immagine2023-01-23133vjedh.png

Useful links:

I played a bit yesterday with the current version (1491.16) and the water flickering happened just after a few seconds and then constantly about every minute (really awful : ( ). With the previous version (1436.31) in an hour of play it happened only a couple of times, but I have to play more to make sure  it was the same problem.

It cannot be excluded that you need to download an even older version to solve it permanently. In case I have any updates, I will notify you here.

Edited by Andrea_23
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2023 at 8:53 AM, Andrea_23 said:

Hi,

i think i have fixed this issue by downgrading the game at the previous version.

Here the steps:

but instead  you must download this version (title update 1436.31 - 27 April 2022):

• download_depot 1174180 1174184 8484003552707859930
    (wait for the message "Depot download complete :" on Steam console before doing anything)
    immagine2023-01-23133vjedh.png

Useful links:

I played a bit yesterday with the current version (1491.16) and the water flickering happened just after a few seconds and then constantly about every minute (really awful : ( ). With the previous version (1436.31) in an hour of play it happened only a couple of times, but I have to play more to make sure  it was the same problem.

It cannot be excluded that you need to download an even older version to solve it permanently. In case I have any updates, I will notify you here.

I didn't even know this was a thing, try downloading the build 1436.26, the same build the consoles used before the latest update from september, maybe it will fix the water problem.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard there's a new update for the PC version of RDR2, is there a new one for the XB1 and PS4 ones too? I'm currently using Version 1.00, so there's no way of knowing if the most recent update is still Patch 1.31 or a new one, please keep me updated so I can test a possible new patch!

On 1/31/2023 at 2:50 PM, Edward RDRIII said:

I didn't even know this was a thing, try downloading the build 1436.26, the same build the consoles used before the latest update from september, maybe it will fix the water problem.

Hi Edward, for now i'm on 1436.31, and it seems to be ok!

11 hours ago, Edward RDRIII said:

I heard there's a new update for the PC version of RDR2, is there a new one for the XB1 and PS4 ones too? I'm currently using Version 1.00, so there's no way of knowing if the most recent update is still Patch 1.31 or a new one, please keep me updated so I can test a possible new patch!

Yep also for console:

[February 7, 2023] - Maintenance 

General maintenance

https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/9295354296595/RDR2-Title-Update-1-31-Notes-PS4-Xbox-One-PC

But i don't think there is something really useful in it. It seems to be just a security update, nothing else.

Edited by Andrea_23
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Andrea_23 said:

Hi Edward, for now i'm on 1436.31, and it seems to be ok!

Yep also for console:

https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/9295354296595/RDR2-Title-Update-1-31-Notes-PS4-Xbox-One-PC

But i don't think there is something really useful in it. It seems to be just a security update, nothing else.

You sure it's not a PC only patch?

• 1 month later...

Does anyone else get a glitch where in Chapter 2, you still get Chapter 1 camp dialogue as if you're still in Colter? Spoke to Dutch at Horseshoe Overlook and Arthur asks him are they really going to rob the Cornwall train lol. Speaking to other, there are mentions of the O'Driscolls and hunger and warmth.

• Like 1

Agent Edward
22 hours ago, Dan_1983 said:

Does anyone else get a glitch where in Chapter 2, you still get Chapter 1 camp dialogue as if you're still in Colter? Spoke to Dutch at Horseshoe Overlook and Arthur asks him are they really going to rob the Cornwall train lol. Speaking to other, there are mentions of the O'Driscolls and hunger and warmth.

Sh*t, one more to the list, I'm currently playing on Version 1.00 and I'll only update my game again if there's a new update to test after the current Patch 1.31, which is one of the worst patches this game ever got.

demsmashies

So is every subsequent patch after 1.00 a downgrade? I don’t think I ever played 1.00 because I bought and played the game on Xbox one about 2 months after release.

• Like 1

Agent Edward
10 hours ago, demsmashies said:

So is every subsequent patch after 1.00 a downgrade? I don’t think I ever played 1.00 because I bought and played the game on Xbox one about 2 months after release.

To be fair Patch 1.26 (Build 1436.26) was a good version of the game, it was the following and current Patch 1.31 (Build 1491.16) which f*cked the game real bad.

GinsengElixir

Last time I tried to play 1.00 on my X1X, it wouldn't let me as i was forced to play the latest patch. Is this still the case?

Always wanted to go back to the game, but if I can't play 1.00 on X1X I'll try the PC version.