Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. DLC
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
      7. The Diamond Casino Heist
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Maxxi

Ads block usage of the forum on mobile

Recommended Posts

Maxxi

Your current layout and use of ads makes it so ads block me from accessing and opening posts from mobile. Not sure if anyone else has experienced it and just not said anything or if I am alone in this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
uNi

Could you share a screenshot of where this happens to you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
On 10/29/2019 at 10:45 PM, Maxxi said:

Your current layout and use of ads makes it so ads block me from accessing and opening posts from mobile. Not sure if anyone else has experienced it and just not said anything or if I am alone in this.

Is this what’s happening to you?

 

11b44fd584fc877d63d78b58d44a185d.gif

 

@uNi this happens if my mobile ad block turns off and I go to a different section and click any of the links towards the top even post not pinned, it only stops if I scroll down to the point where the ad is no longer visable

 

iPhone IOS 13.1 on Safari Browser 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
uNi

@Tank Could you have a look at the ad above?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spectre07

I don't have any of these problems even if I am out of my house, I don't know how to take a screenshot like this ^ to show it.

 

I don't use ad block in my phone btw.

Edited by spectre07

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
12 hours ago, spectre07 said:

I don't have any of these problems even if I am out of my house, I don't know how to take a screenshot like this ^ to show it.

 

I don't use ad block in my phone btw.

If you have iPhone there is a built in screen recorder just go to settings > control panel > add screen recording > then turn it on via control screen

 

Not sure about android but you could probably download one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maxxi

My issue is the ads show over the posts and hold there on my screen while scrolling. I am on Samsung Galaxy S10E using Google Chrome. Hopefully these screenshots can help?

 

Over the forum itself:

 

4H3XwoJ_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

 

Over this post: 

 

yooXT3F_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

On 10/31/2019 at 10:51 AM, ṼirulenⱦEqừinox said:

Is this what’s happening to you?

 

11b44fd584fc877d63d78b58d44a185d.gif

 

@uNi this happens if my mobile ad block turns off and I go to a different section and click any of the links towards the top even post not pinned, it only stops if I scroll down to the point where the ad is no longer visable

 

iPhone IOS 13.1 on Safari Browser 

It is similar, but my ads show over the posts, instead of behind. But the same issue of trying to open a thread and the ad opening instead is prevalent. 

On 10/31/2019 at 2:01 AM, uNi said:

Could you share a screenshot of where this happens to you?

DwCgHwh_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Edited by Maxxi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cp1dell

Same issue here. Usually the ads that you have to “scroll through” because they have semi-infinite space. The type you usually see on web articles.

 

So if you’re trying to click on a thread at the top of the page, the site still thinks you have your screen focused on the ad and you can’t open the thread, you can only open the ad’s page.

 

Between this, and the ads that were causing forced redirects I’m curious as to what’s going on with the site’s sudden shift to extra sh*tty ads haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Banana

This was happening to me a few weeks ago.  Ended up giving up on trying to use the forum on mobile.  Like the poster above said, you go to click on the first 5-6 threads at the top of the forum and you end up clicking on an invisible ad with no way to get around it, even by clicking X to close the ad.  I tried reporting the ads to google as if that does anything and they went away after a while.  Sad to hear they are back though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ṼirulenⱦEqừinox
On 11/3/2019 at 1:28 PM, cp1dell said:

Same issue here. Usually the ads that you have to “scroll through” because they have semi-infinite space. The type you usually see on web articles.

 

So if you’re trying to click on a thread at the top of the page, the site still thinks you have your screen focused on the ad and you can’t open the thread, you can only open the ad’s page.

 

 

@uNi @Tank this is exactly what’s happening for me

 

I truly believe it’s the advertising company knowing how to exploit that exact same so unsuspecting folks especially those not quite tech savy will keep coming to their own site driving up their own ad revenue.

 

Id love to help GTAFOURMS by turning off my mobile & web adblocks but it’s ad making companies like that call for them, Some are worse than those YouTube videos with an ad every 30 seconds 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Max.pain

there was this thing just a minute ago that covered above of the screen and made me not able to use the forums? what’s the deal with that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tank
On 11/16/2019 at 6:48 PM, Max.pain said:

there was this thing just a minute ago that covered above of the screen and made me not able to use the forums? what’s the deal with that?

Thanks for reporting this. If it happens again, please can you take a screenshot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Max.pain

there you gofVhgaHN.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Max.pain

@Tank

@Vanzant

these are really getting weirder by the the hour, it’s happening much more. sorry for too many posts but please.

edit: thank you for fixing the issue

Edited by Max.pain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 3 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 1 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.