Gentlebreeze

Faith  

550 members have voted

1. 1. You gotta have FAITH

• Tahiti
    • Miami
    • Cuba

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/25/2020 at 02:00 PM

Imagine the size of the production, create a map and then recreate it dozens of times for different times, recreate clothes, weapons, vehicles, npcs, dialogues, music, recreate everything for each era. Probably the most ambitious production ever, I think Rockstar could do that, it will take time.

40 minutes ago, Felipeborges388 said:

That's a problem, if this were the character starting at 20 in the 70's by 2020 he would be 70 years old. Watch Dogs Legion Grandpa Simulator.

Maybe we'll have more than one protagonist during the campaign, maybe the 2020s will be a prologue.

Maybe it's a young Martin Madrazo 

1 hour ago, Felipeborges388 said:

Imagine the size of the production, create a map and then recreate it dozens of times for different times, recreate clothes, weapons, vehicles, npcs, dialogues, music, recreate everything for each era. Probably the most ambitious production ever, I think Rockstar could do that, it will take time.

They wouldn't have to recreate everything but whenever I think about it it sounds too ambitious even for Rockstar.

Just now, Kris194 said:

They wouldn't have to recreate everything but whenever I think about it it sounds too ambitious even for Rockstar.

I said everything in the sense of having to change many aspects.
Probably 70% of buildings will need to be redone or replaced, new clothes, cars, npcs, dialogs, weapons need to be created for each era, 

If they would change 90% of the GTA V map to a zombie DLC, imagine what they are going to do with GTA 6 with this temporal progression.

• Like 1

You're still wrong. They would still have cars of different eras that way or another, they can limit 80s era to the 80s and earlier cars. When it comes to buildings, well, Miami didn't change that much since 80s, basically more buildings. Interiors? Well, they would have to have many designs of these. Weapons? Just like with cars, they would limit not newer than 80s weapons to 80s era. Radio, dialogs? Well, that really sounds like a ton of work. NPCs? People didn't change since 80s, their hairstyles and clothing did.

Just now, Kris194 said:

You're still wrong. They would still have cars of different eras that way or another, they can limit 80s era to the 80s and earlier cars. When it comes to buildings, well, Miami didn't change that much since 80s, basically more buildings. Interiors? Well, they would have to have many designs of these. Weapons? Just like with cars, they would limit not newer than 80s weapons to 80s era. Radio, dialogs? Well, that really sounds like a ton of work. NPCs? People didn't change since 80s, their hairstyles and clothing did.

Resultado de imagem para miami in the 80s vs now

I am saying that they will need to create new things for each period, I am not talking about discarding what was done and recreating everything. A building changes over time, some will not even exist anymore, others will be abandoned, the color changes, the details that only Rockstar can do. 

You can see a car from the 80s in 2020, but they will be rarer, others won't even exist anymore, weapons either.

New NPCs will need to be created from scratch, not just change their clothes or their hair.

Knowing Rockstar's development style, they'll do everything in the smallest detail. Young NPC in the 70s may appear in old version in 2020, this kind of detail.

36 minutes ago, Kris194 said:

Why they would have to change NPCs? We didn't become an aliens :D

People dress, speak, act differently now, than in the 80's. Ambient dialogue would have to change, too. Stop and listen to things peds say on the street. In modern times, they'd talk about smartphones, apps, modern tv shows, etc. In the 80's many of those things wouldn't exist. It's the subtle things, the little things. The things that people make "25 mind blowing tiny details in" videos about Rockstar open world titles. You don't notice them until you pay attention, or until they're missing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

People dress, speak, act differently now, than in the 80's. Ambient dialogue would have to change, too.

So many things would be changed through change of eras. I can't even imagine how many HDD or SSD space will / would require to install the game.

Just now, Kris194 said:

Why they would have to change NPCs? We didn't become an aliens :D

WTF bro, do you know how a game works or something?  

They wouldn't use the same npcs from the 70's in 2020 just with their clothes and hair changed, doesn't work like that.

You can't just import an RDR model and put it in GTA V and expect it will look normal in that world.
In RDR II the NPCS you interact in the main chapters are older and different in the prologue, in a game based on multiple periods Rockstar would change and age them all, or just some of them, also creating new ones to further enhance this sense of passing time.

25 minutes ago, Len Lfc said:

People dress, speak, act differently now, than in the 80's. Ambient dialogue would have to change, too. Stop and listen to things peds say on the street. In modern times, they'd talk about smartphones, apps, modern tv shows, etc. In the 80's many of those things wouldn't exist. It's the subtle things, the little things. The things that people make "25 mind blowing tiny details in" videos about Rockstar open world titles. You don't notice them until you pay attention, or until they're missing.

I was talking about models only. Yes, they can have hundreds of NPCs models for every era but would they? Anyone knows how many different NPCs model GTA V has?

Edited by Kris194

Just now, Kris194 said:

I was talking about models only.

A model is not a whole body with the clothes made on top, it is all made in one with separate parts, it is easier to create a new model from scracth already with the clothes and style of the time.

This will already prevent you from meeting time travelers, imagine seeing all the characters with the same face since the 70's just with different clothes, that's the kind of detail Rockstar wouldn't miss.

2 minutes ago, Kris194 said:

I know but truth is, how many different models they would need? 5 times as many as in GTA V? More?

in rdr2 there were 1000 actors (npcs)

8 minutes ago, Kris194 said:

Does 1000 actors equals to 1000 unique models of NPCs?

Yes, 1000 unique npcs.

In gta 6, imagine the actors they will use, I don't think they are unique, it would be crazy to put 500,000 npcs (Miami population).
but we already know that what rockstar does nobody does.

Ok, so 1000 NPCs in world of RDR 2. How many then for GTA VI which will be way, way bigger game and far more populated? 2000? 3000? We're getting to the point where they will have more actors for NPCs alone than they had people working on GTA V including actors...

Edited by Kris194

25 minutes ago, Kris194 said:

Ok, so 1000 NPCs in world of RDR 2. How many then for GTA VI which will be way, way bigger game and far more populated? 2000? 3000? We're getting to the point where they will have more actors for NPCs alone than they had people working on GTA V including actors...

they could include workers like npcs haha, so they don't have to look for them

Going through RDR2 files, a piece of text was found left behind in some files.

<!-- MISC AMERICAS SCRIPT STATS -->

A reference to Project Americas which is supposedly the code name of GTA 6?

This piece of text was changed with newer updates as confirmed by @Unknown_Modder

<!-- MISC SCRIPT STATS -->

This is interesting because I never thought "Project Americas" was an actual code name Rockstar came up with, but this kinda seal it.

I won't be too surprised if GTA6 structure is way too similar to RDR2, just like how there are many GTAV leftovers in RDR2.

Edited by Fun 2

23 minutes ago, Fun 2 said:

This piece of text was changed with newer updates as confirmed by @Unknown_Modder

This is interesting because I never thought "Project Americas" was an actual code name Rockstar came up with, but this kinda seal it.

An interesting artefact!

So GTA6 and RDR2 were in parallel production, to the extent that RDR2 borrowed from some of GTA6's framework. 

I wonder what that implies about release timelines?

Edit: Unless, of course, 'Americas' refers to an entirely different project / game. Unlikely, I think, but it can't be discounted entirely. 

Edited by Volatollotalov
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Fun 2 said:

I won't be too surprised if GTA6 structure is way too similar to RDR2, just like how there are many GTAV leftovers in RDR2.

new news?
Could you explain more about this, friend.
I find what you say very interesting, but if you explain more, I would appreciate it.

where does this come from?

41 minutes ago, Fun 2 said:

And here comes the twist... What if both project Americas and LC+VC are somewhat true? What you're cooking Rockstar?

Edited by Kris194

19 minutes ago, Kris194 said:

And here comes the twist... What if both project Americas and LC+VC are true?

Or what if 'Americas' was Rockstar's codeword for a project to streamline their building supplies and repairs

In a finance meeting, 9:30 on a rainy February morning in 2017: "Guys, I'm so excited to announce that thanks to Project Americas, last month we saved an amazing 6.3% on our costs of toilet roll!" 😆

Edited by Volatollotalov

Project Americas could be also scrapped project. I don't really know what to think about it anymore. I'm just sure, that it's not coming anytime soon.

Edited by Kris194

3 minutes ago, Kris194 said:

Project Americas could be also scrapped project. I don't really know what to think about it anymore. I'm just sure, that it's not coming anytime soon.

Or what if Project Americas was the actual code name for RDR2?

3 minutes ago, Volatollotalov said:

Or what if Project Americas was the actual code name for RDR2?

Nah, we've heard other codenames for RDR2. Project Remorse was one of them, according to Ash 

Edited by Len Lfc
  • Like 1

So I’ve been thinking heavily on everything (Leak wise) I have bore witness to on these forums as of late...I honestly feel at least 5% of everything I’ve read has some origin of authenticity. My prediction is that Grand Theft Auto VI will indeed take place in Vice City as its origin city and where we begin. The game will essentially have a map that will not disclose itself until traversed (very similar to RDR2 and GTAV) as we traverse it we as the player will begin to see how vast the map truly is, and to our astonishment how many cities there will be in the game. The story will take us from Vice City and some Caribbean/West Indian Islands (Puerto Rico, Jamaica, USVI, Haiti)  all the way to Liberty City (which is now a 1:1 scale rendition of NYC not like GTA IV’s rendition) possibly including other newly crafted cities to represent eastern seaboard states. (Jacksonville, Atlanta, Charlotte, Richmond, D.C. , Philadelphia, Atlantic City, Newark). As we progress through the game we will make a pass through some cities but not all, some will be there simply for the sake of immersion but will still have unique features to them acting as characters  respectably (Freaks and strangers, side missions only accessible there, shops and items only available in those cities, (Pay n spray items, tattoos, haircuts) Specific car spawning locations ) As we finish the game we will begin to notice that the map has decreased in size and has expanded (like New Austin in RDR2)

though it is unaccessible and simply has an overlay of a plane ticket on the untraversed area of the map. We then are able to take a plane to a fully new crafted San Andreas where GTA V’s Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Ventura’s are displayed with an entirely new Part II story beginning. 

1 minute ago, neo92boi said:

So I’ve been thinking heavily on everything (Leak wise) I have bore witness to on these forums as of late...I honestly feel at least 5% of everything I’ve read has some origin of authenticity. My prediction is that Grand Theft Auto VI will indeed take place in Vice City as its origin city and where we begin. The game will essentially have a map that will not disclose itself until traversed (very similar to RDR2 and GTAV) as we traverse it we as the player will begin to see how vast the map truly is, and to our astonishment how many cities there will be in the game. The story will take us from Vice City and some Caribbean/West Indian Islands (Puerto Rico, Jamaica, USVI, Haiti)  all the way to Liberty City (which is now a 1:1 scale rendition of NYC not like GTA IV’s rendition) possibly including other newly crafted cities to represent eastern seaboard states. (Jacksonville, Atlanta, Charlotte, Richmond, D.C. , Philadelphia, Atlantic City, Newark). As we progress through the game we will make a pass through some cities but not all, some will be there simply for the sake of immersion but will still have unique features to them acting as characters  respectably (Freaks and strangers, side missions only accessible there, shops and items only available in those cities, (Pay n spray items, tattoos, haircuts) Specific car spawning locations ) As we finish the game we will begin to notice that the map has decreased in size and has expanded (like New Austin in RDR2)

though it is unaccessible and simply has an overlay of a plane ticket on the untraversed area of the map. We then are able to take a plane to a fully new crafted San Andreas where GTA V’s Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Ventura’s are displayed with an entirely new Part II story beginning. 

Yeah, and the game will be ready for release in about 15 years 😀

4 minutes ago, neo92boi said:

Sounds way too good to be true....