Gentlebreeze

Faith  

550 members have voted

1. 1. You gotta have FAITH

• Tahiti
    • Miami
    • Cuba

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/25/2020 at 02:00 PM

14 minutes ago, GTARules69 said:

And honestly does anyone want Liberty City back? I'd be okay with if it it had updated stuff, like The Hamptons, and some countryside, but NY hasn't changed that much since 2008.

o

IF and only IF they do Liberty to Vice, you won't be able to drive through different states. This isn't The Crew. You'll need to fast travel via an airport, i reckon.

One world trade center is new. That would be awsome to see in 6. And some cool missions could take place there.

Edited by mussefar03

11 minutes ago, DarkRula said:

I don't think you'd have to include everything with Southern Florida to make a Southern Florida map. Just three important cities and a few of the important landmarks outside of them. As for Liberty to Vice, it wouldn't necessarily be just a straight line. Half of the states need very little representation, meaning the north of the east coast can be placed over the Carolina states, merging all three together just as those on the west would be merged into Georgia.

there's no way you will be able to drive between LC and VC, that map with all the big cities on it is ridiculous and not gonna happen, but having multiple maps, that you could fly to with a cut scene, sure definitely.

11 minutes ago, GTARules69 said:

And honestly does anyone want Liberty City back? I'd be okay with if it it had updated stuff, like The Hamptons, and some countryside, but NY hasn't changed that much since 2008.

o

IF and only IF they do Liberty to Vice, you won't be able to drive through different states. This isn't The Crew. You'll need to fast travel via an airport, i reckon.

why wouldn't we want a high res Liberty City?  even if it isn't much changed, to play around in on this and the next generation of hardware?  but I reckon you are right about travel, I mean if the leak about Columbia is right there is no way you are going there without a cut scene.

1 minute ago, DarkRula said:

I'm only suggesting one extra state (at most two) that splits the two already known states with a central area that acts as a combination of many within that central area. I wouldn't want the map to be like The Crew. As good as that game is, the map sure feels empty a lot of the time.

see above.

I really dont want cutscenes between visiting cities. I just wanna turn on the radio and rive to the distination

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GTARules69 said:

r2jp1nohncm41.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s=d9af3c04ddda26a824dfccb7aa15b4489688ba8b

What was he replying to though? That's important as well

2 hours ago, w0mack said:

removing the spaces in morse code doesn't work like that. If i remove the spaces from the entire code. I receive no translation. I hate say it but the code isn't solved. What would empathy have to do with the game?

What do you mean? 

What spaces in the code? 

Every line is one letter. And you need no translator or any tool. just get a morse alphabet and check it yourself. 

Well i dont know what EMPATHY means in that context. thats at least what the morse code says. i doubt there is more to it. 

21 minutes ago, GTARules69 said:

You'll need to fast travel via an airport, i reckon.

Why some people are so obsessed with fast travel? It sounds boring, repetitive. How about Liberty City being just "island" like it always was in GTA.

Edited by Kris194
  • Like 1

thecoolfattykid
Just now, mussefar03 said:

Is this real? Anyone?

Yea it's real

• Like 2

I have to say that I do not 100% believe the Scottish user, but I found a comment from gta 5 that he said in 2011 and it is about a gta5 mission.
CURIOUS?!?!

AliasSmithandJones:

Would be great if they signed up the car crash that is Lindsay Lohan sarcasm.gif

Because its the best way to do it. 

The best way is to go anywhere on your own. Some people also say, that you won't be able to travel to South America without fast travel system. How does it even make sense to go to airport to go... anywhere?

Edited by Kris194

4 minutes ago, JAY 36 said:

I have to say that I do not 100% believe the Scottish user, but I found a comment from gta 5 that he said in 2011 and it is about a gta5 mission.
CURIOUS?!?!

AliasSmithandJones:

Would be great if they signed up the car crash that is Lindsay Lohan sarcasm.gif

I dont think he had affiliations back then with R*

1 minute ago, GTARules69 said:

imagine having to drive to every mission, from city to city, it'd be hell

Fly. Okay missions is okay i guess. But free roam should never be cutscenes

7 minutes ago, GTARules69 said:

it'd be fun once, then get old, real quick

well I imagine if you could drive there would also be the option to fast travel, but we won't because R* aren't going to make one map with multiple states, they are going to make separate maps for each region

4 minutes ago, Kris194 said:

Why some people are so obsessed with fast travel? It sounds boring, repetitive. How about Liberty City being just "island" like it always was in GTA.

because a small town up north, in the same state, is very different than visiting an entirely different state over 1,000 miles away

Any updates since page like 400? I've been trying to keep up, but this discussion is moving quickly these days. Are we thinking March 20th or 25th might be an announcement date...or has that gone away?

7 minutes ago, Lazlow.Jones said:

there's no way you will be able to drive between LC and VC, that map with all the big cities on it is ridiculous and not gonna happen, but having multiple maps, that you could fly to with a cut scene, sure definitely.

I wouldn't want to split the game into separate maps. And especially not have to deal with forced fast travel. That's not conducive to a freely open and connected world. If there was a limited access area within the story like Ludendorff, certainly. But not for the main locations.

Each state is easily represented by one Metro City and several smaller ones - especially if Liberty is only represented by its Metro City. As said, one other state is all it would take to separate the two. You don't even need to make that state as large as the other two. You could even have two or three states with no Metro Cities among them. Just two small cities that you pass through. One of those states could be nothing but a forest, but it's something.

1 minute ago, docpain222 said:

Any updates since page like 400? I've been trying to keep up, but this discussion is moving quickly these days. Are we thinking March 20th or 25th might be an announcement date...or has that gone away?

March 25th

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RockstarPlayer94 said:

I dont think he had affiliations back then with R*

I don't know if he was affiliated, but he was correct in describing the mission.
also the famous.

Just now, DarkRula said:

I wouldn't want to split the game into separate maps. And especially not have to deal with forced fast travel. That's not conducive to a freely open and connected world. If there was a limited access area within the story like Ludendorff, certainly. But not for the main locations.

Each state is easily represented by one Metro City and several smaller ones - especially if Liberty is only represented by its Metro City. As said, one other state is all it would take to separate the two. You don't even need to make that state as large as the other two. You could even have two or three states with no Metro Cities among them. Just two small cities that you pass through. One of those states could be nothing but a forest, but it's something.

if there are multiple cities in the same state they will be on the same map, but the distance between LC and VC is over 1,000 miles, there is no way they are going to make a map that big, even truncated it would still be too large, but you are missing the bigger picture, each map, each region, would be larger than GTA V's map, with some possibly being larger than RDR2's map, each region will be fun enough on it's own to explore, having a map that includes every previous GTA city is a pipe dream, we aren't getting an entire continent as a map, LS and VC are over 3,000 miles apart

Detective Phelps

imagine having to drive to every mission, from city to city, it'd be hell

I think that most missions would be confined to one region, and there would be story developments where you need to go to another city (missions like going with the Truth to San Fiero). There would be the rare mission which would span multiple cities/regions (like that mission in V where Mike and T went as SAHP officers). but nothing out of the ordinary for the series. Now, if every 5 missions involved going around the map, that would be boring as f*ck, and nobody wants that. It was frustrating enough playing RDR2 and having to go halfway around the map every so often (then there's the bloody gold medal objectives, f*ck the time limits on those).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAY 36 said:

I don't know if he was affiliated, but he was correct in describing the mission.
also the famous.

What mission was it?