Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
lordfr

So Pc players are going to have access to the online guns in singleplayer.Do you think they will also bring them to ps4 version of the game?

Recommended Posts

lordfr

I really want to play with the new weapons on singleplayer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mysterious hero
1 hour ago, lordfr said:

I really want to play with the new weapons on singleplayer

Why wouldn't they add the new weapons to consoles? They can't exactly use the excuse of "console limitations". I'd say the new content will most likely come to consoles as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot

The new horse spawns I see being a problem but the rest should be possible 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jake3
Just now, Darealbandicoot said:

The new horse spawns I see being a problem but the rest should be possible 

How come - why would they be a problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot

Memory. Adding new horse spawns along to the rest of the spawns might mess with performance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jake3
36 minutes ago, Mysterious hero said:

Why wouldn't they add the new weapons to consoles? They can't exactly use the excuse of "console limitations". I'd say the new content will most likely come to consoles as well.

Well, why would they? They desperately need to differentiate the PC version from the console one, and make it feel "superior" on as many fronts/levels as possible - the technical superiority for some people doesn't count at all and means nothing (it's like "better graphics"... have you seen the game already, how much "better graphics" do you think they could make - I'm really curious once it's released to see the "head-to-head" uncompressed screenshot comparisons, because they would look virtually the same, and if you get your microscope real quick, you'll find... maybe 5% difference, but the game will cost... 100% more (you buy it again, full price)). They need to incentivize you to pre-order for as many reasons as possible. They rely on many people having the game already on console, to buy it again on PC, one more time, the same game - how do you do that... They will probably release the PC bonus items for consoles eventually, a year down the road. I'd be very surprised if they release those guns and bonuses only a month later for PS4, and a year later for Xbox - imagine that! 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
éX-Driver

The only new content I’m worried about is the M1899/Colt 1903 pocket hammerless. It’s the High Power from Redemption 1, and I dearly hope it comes to consoles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
confederatestatesgta
2 hours ago, éX-Driver said:

The only new content I’m worried about is the M1899/Colt 1903 pocket hammerless. It’s the High Power from Redemption 1, and I dearly hope it comes to consoles.

yep i totally agree. as someone who loves the pistols more than revolvers. i really hope that we get this pistol. besides. the pc can mod in all sorts of new weapons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deadman2112

It probably will come to consoles but probably not at first.

 

Tactics like this are used by companies in an effort to boost sales.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ironside

I would say no... R* wants people to double dip, and by giving console players the guns and such they would lose sales. It is a really ugly tactic as we console players should be able to buy the “new” content coming to PC as a small DLC but instead R* knows that there are enough people out there that will buy the whole game again just to be able to use the “LeMat” or other guns in SP instead of MP only. 
 

When PS5 and Scarlett is releases next year, do not be surprised in any way if(and it will) there will be exclusive contents for “super special” editions for those consoles too. And that is despite that both ps5 and Scarlett is supposed to be backward compatible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jabalous

Yes, I believe there will be an update for consoles to include them. Maybe even at the same release day of the PC version. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ironside
6 hours ago, Jabalous said:

Yes, I believe there will be an update for consoles to include them. Maybe even at the same release day of the PC version. 

Oh I really hope you are correct, not much would make me happier than using two LeMat revolvers in SP. So even though I have taken a break from RDR2 at the moment, letting me use the LeMat etc in SP would definitely make me replay the story for the ninth time or something like that and I am not exaggerating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GroveStGTAV

I mostly want del lobo gang hideouts in new austin.

gaptooh breach was my favorite gang hideout in rdr1

 

with these new two hideouts, there will be 5 gang hideout in new austin and its awesome

 

I hope they will add them to ps4

Edited by GroveStGTAV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jason
On 10/9/2019 at 10:45 PM, Darealbandicoot said:

Memory. Adding new horse spawns along to the rest of the spawns might mess with performance 

Unless they're spawning in the hundreds, a new horse spawn isn't going to have an impact. Something would be very wrong with the game if a new horse spawn crippled performance.

 

My guess is PS/Xbox will get these eventually but not next month.

Edited by Jason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tenpennyisplainevil
15 hours ago, Ironside said:

Oh I really hope you are correct, not much would make me happier than using two LeMat revolvers in SP. So even though I have taken a break from RDR2 at the moment, letting me use the LeMat etc in SP would definitely make me replay the story for the ninth time or something like that and I am not exaggerating. 

They could also make them a 5-10 euro DLC for consoles, but free inclusion on PC. They'd make money off console players no matter what and will include many console players who are willing to pay a bit more, but not so much to buy the game again (or don't have a decent PC).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin

After they said they have no plans to add to story, I'm hopeful but expect nothing or at least a long wait.

 

Probably get it when the next gen release comes out. They're gonna need reasons to resell the game to casuals and those that moved on once PS5/Xbox-next comes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot
8 hours ago, Jason said:

Unless they're spawning in the hundreds, a new horse spawn isn't going to have an impact. Something would be very wrong with the game if a new horse spawn crippled performance.

 

My guess is PS/Xbox will get these eventually but not next month.

Hopefully. The way the game struggles now had me unsure 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MusicMan05
6 hours ago, Lonely-Martin said:

After they said they have no plans to add to story, I'm hopeful but expect nothing or at least a long wait.

 

Probably get it when the next gen release comes out. They're gonna need reasons to resell the game to casuals and those that moved on once PS5/Xbox-next comes.

PS5/Xbox Scarlett are both being touted as backward compatible with PS4/Xbox 360. Meanwhile they could add new Story Content next year. Afterall they'll have another years worth of Red Dead Online updates that's have new weapons and horses. Not to mention there are other gang hideouts in Red Dead Online that they can bring to story, and they can always add more trinkets and side missions. They'd make more money by selling PC's story content on PS4/Xbox One, and then selling PS5/Xbox Scarlett's story content on PC.

 

With how poor Gold Bars have been selling in comparison to Shark Cash Cards and DLCs for other games, they might want to test the waters and release a paid DLC. It's possible paid DLCs could out perform Gold Bars, but they'll never know if they don't release one first.

Edited by MusicMan05

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot
44 minutes ago, MusicMan05 said:

PS5/Xbox Scarlett are both being touted as backward compatible with PS4/Xbox 360. Meanwhile they could add new Story Content next year. Afterall they'll have another years worth of Red Dead Online updates that's have new weapons and horses. Not to mention there are other gang hideouts in Red Dead Online that they can bring to story, and they can always add more trinkets and side missions. They'd make more money by selling PC's story content on PS4/Xbox One, and then selling PS5/Xbox Scarlett's story content on PC.

 

With how poor Gold Bars have been selling in comparison to Shark Cash Cards and DLCs for other games, they might want to test the waters and release a paid DLC. It's possible paid DLCs could out perform Gold Bars, but they'll never know if they don't release one first.

Oh God I hope so. But Take Two is satisfied with Gold Bar sales so..... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lonely-Martin
1 hour ago, MusicMan05 said:

PS5/Xbox Scarlett are both being touted as backward compatible with PS4/Xbox 360. Meanwhile they could add new Story Content next year. Afterall they'll have another years worth of Red Dead Online updates that's have new weapons and horses. Not to mention there are other gang hideouts in Red Dead Online that they can bring to story, and they can always add more trinkets and side missions. They'd make more money by selling PC's story content on PS4/Xbox One, and then selling PS5/Xbox Scarlett's story content on PC.

 

With how poor Gold Bars have been selling in comparison to Shark Cash Cards and DLCs for other games, they might want to test the waters and release a paid DLC. It's possible paid DLCs could out perform Gold Bars, but they'll never know if they don't release one first.

Anything could happen really. But with R*/T2 saying crap like 'RDRO is doing better than GTA:O at the same stage' I remain hopeful but long past the days of paying attention or caring really. They've said enough to highlight what they think of the story mode faithful, lol.

 

What will be, will be. But if it does, it'll have to be significant. This company is off of my Christmas card list for the foreseeable. ;)

Edited by Lonely-Martin
Wording.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GroveStGTAV

If they add companion glitch as a cheat, that would be awesome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Banana
4 hours ago, GroveStGTAV said:

If they add companion glitch as a cheat, that would be awesome

I'm sure modders will handle that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.