Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Diamond Casino Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA 6

      1. St Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

warthog911

Physical version?

Recommended Posts

Sam Lake

My bet is either 1 DVD with launcher installer or 0 DVD with only CD key

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lioshenka

There bloody better be a physical version, I'm not pulling 60 gig off the webz. Does any one know the price btw?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spider-Vice
2 hours ago, Lioshenka said:

60 gig

RDR2 is almost double that on consoles, so expect double on PC. :p 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geisterfaust

Forzas are the same: it is either the code on a paper or a single dvd for console more for activation purposes. That is as far physical as we can get, I think. Unless you're collecting boxes, with the game like this there's little point in going physical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sam Lake

but muh paper map!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spider-Vice
5 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

but muh paper map!

It could have a map and everything but instead of discs, a code.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sam Lake

das all i want. i was replying to

1 hour ago, Geisterfaust said:

Unless you're collecting boxes, with the game like this there's little point in going physical.

😛

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geisterfaust
1 hour ago, George Costanza said:

das all i want. i was replying to

😛

That brings interesting topic for discussion: physical collectibles for digital games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mainline421

I can't see it just being a code, to make it feel real they'll be at least one token disk with 17 GB on it if they go that way. If they have any sense they'll go for Blu-Ray or something, some people still have data caps, and even if they don't I have good internet but installing games from disk is always a lot faster than downloading for me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yoona
1 minute ago, Mainline421 said:

I can't see it just being a code, to make it feel real they'll be at least one token disk with 17 GB on it if they go that way. If they have any sense they'll go for Blu-Ray or something, some people still have data caps, and even if they don't I have good internet but installing games from disk is always a lot faster than downloading for me.

Why not? Many games on PC already do that, there's literally no point of giving you a disc or two if it's not even 1/5 of what you need to install.

 

Also PC gamers don't use Blu-Ray, maybe 1% of PC gamers have Blu-Ray reader.

 

I guess we will know more in 16 hours, maybe there's going to physical version available for pre-order on Rockstar Warehouse? Or perhaps that's saved for 23rd when more pre-order options go live.

 

Edited by Yoona

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTAFanClub

It would be cool if it was released on Blu-ray but I don't know if I want to spend extra money on a Blu-ray drive for just one game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mainline421
6 minutes ago, Yoona said:

Why not? Many games on PC already do that, there's literally no point of giving you a disc or two if it's not even 1/5 of what you need to install.

 

Also PC gamers don't use Blu-Ray, maybe 1% of PC gamers have Blu-Ray reader.

 

I guess we will know more in 16 hours, maybe there's going to physical version available for pre-order on Rockstar Warehouse? Or perhaps that's saved for 23rd when more pre-order options go live.

 

I don't think many games release like that, the only game I've encountered like that was PUBG and I buy most of my games as physical copies. It wouldn't be the same.  Hopefully we find out tomorrow and it's not only about RGL! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yoona
4 minutes ago, Mainline421 said:

I don't think many games release like that, the only game I've encountered like that was PUBG and I buy most of my games as physical copies. It wouldn't be the same.  Hopefully we find out tomorrow and it's not only about RGL! :)

I don't have energy right now but many 2018 and 2019 games have "Digital Download" label on the box, they either offer 1 disc or no discs, and first PC game that did this was MGS V Phantom Pain in September 2015, it only had 1 disc with Steam launcher on it.

 

OK found one, the latest example is Ghost Recon Breakpoint, it has a physical release with digital code inside, but last year AC Odyssey had 6 disc release, devs are moving towards Digital on PC.

 

tom-clancy-s-ghost-recon-breakpoint-gra-pc_1370952_4455250_350x350w50.jpg

Edited by Yoona

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UltimateAntic

Battlefield V for PC also had a physical case that only contained the Digital Key.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ondr4H

Czech gaming shop confirms that there will not be physical copy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gonnaenodaethat
13 hours ago, Yoona said:

I don't have energy right now but many 2018 and 2019 games have "Digital Download" label on the box, they either offer 1 disc or no discs, and first PC game that did this was MGS V Phantom Pain in September 2015, it only had 1 disc with Steam launcher on it.

 

OK found one, the latest example is Ghost Recon Breakpoint, it has a physical release with digital code inside, but last year AC Odyssey had 6 disc release, devs are moving towards Digital on PC.

 

tom-clancy-s-ghost-recon-breakpoint-gra-pc_1370952_4455250_350x350w50.jpg

Aye but R* arnae just any auld developer are they?

Edited by gonnaenodaethat
  • fir thi bairns 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jimmycakes

No more environmental damage please. Just download on Rockstar Launcher, or if you want to wait a month then on Steam. If you're really that desperate for a map, download an image and print it out on 100% recycled paper. 

Edited by jimmycakes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrQuiche
20 minutes ago, jimmycakes said:

No more environmental damage please. Just download on Rockstar Launcher, or if you want to wait a month then on Steam. If you're really that desperate for a map, download an image and print it out on 100% recycled paper. 

LEL, letting my computer turned on for 1,5 days at least which means that one of this heavy server will be used for more than day which causes way more environmental damage than printing discs with some paper for the map.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yoona
34 minutes ago, Ondr4H said:

Czech gaming shop confirms that there will not be physical copy.

That's bad news! May I see the post?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jimmycakes
2 hours ago, MrQuiche said:

LEL, letting my computer turned on for 1,5 days at least which means that one of this heavy server will be used for more than day which causes way more environmental damage than printing discs with some paper for the map.

Ok, that sounds like man made global warming denial speak. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jake3

GTA V for PC had a physical release, even though it was released after next-gen consoles (so it was like the third release of the game)...

2. What does this mean: "All pre-purchases made on the Rockstar Games Launcher also include free upgrades to the Premium Editions of Red Dead Redemption 2, with the Special Edition and Ultimate Edition both discounted by $20 each."

However, in the launcher, the price of the Ultimate Edition is higher than that of the Special Edition? So, in the end, what exactly is free?

3. And what's that "treasure map" included as a pre-order bonus - is it "another" one of those maps, with a separate name and treasure to find, or is it some kind of "paid cheat" that shows you where the treasures are in the sense of shortcut?

4. And most importantly: will you be able to transfer your online character??? Still no mention of that, and it's getting pretty worrying that the second huge Newswire post about the PC release doesn't mention anything of that sort at all.
Edited by Jake3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GN 92

i miss the days when i used to buy games on local stores and get that brand new cd feeling

 

f*ck i'm old

Edited by GN 92
...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jake3
15 minutes ago, GN 92 said:

i miss the days when i used to buy games on local stores and get that brand new cd feeling

 

f*ck i'm old

I doubt it's called "being old" - more like "having understandably good taste due to having been born early enough"... which is generally a good thing!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yoona

There most likely won't be physical version, was pretty much confirmed by Polish and Czech publisher Cenega.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GN 92
41 minutes ago, Jake3 said:

I doubt it's called "being old" - more like "having understandably good taste due to having been born early enough"... which is generally a good thing!

hahahah fr that's it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mainline421
3 hours ago, Yoona said:

There most likely won't be physical version, was pretty much confirmed by Polish and Czech publisher Cenega.

Really? 😦 Do you have a link? There is clearly demand, so why wouldn't there be? Personally I'd bet that it's just not being talked about until the 23rd or whenever RGL exlusivity ends. Worst case scenario at the same time as Steam probably.

 

3 hours ago, GN 92 said:

i miss the days when i used to buy games on local stores and get that brand new cd feeling

 

f*ck i'm old

You're making me feel old now and I'm not old by any definition!

Edited by Mainline421

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jake3
32 minutes ago, Mainline421 said:

Really? 😦 Do you have a link? There is clearly demand, so why wouldn't there be? Personally I'd bet that it's just not being talked about until the 23rd or whenever RGL exlusivity ends. Worst case scenario at the same time as Steam probably.

If they really do that, ('cause it crossed my mind as well) that would be one of their scummiest moves so far...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dryspace

Even if we assume a pre-install size of 120 GB, a person who averages a 5 megabits/second download speed would be downloading for over 53 solid hours.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DKT70

Who doesn't have a Blu-Ray drive ?

Everyone I know who games on PC has the same LG M-Disc Blu-Ray writer, which also doubles as a decent reader.

These drives can also rip PS3 discs for use in the RPCS3 emulator, as well as movies and PC games.

You can write to 25GB SL discs, at a cost of about 50p per Gigabyte. That makes great permanent safe storage for your files/pics/mods/ backups...etc...

 

Also, If these Climate Change nutters get their way and your tech and internet is curbed, then what will you all do ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.