1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Releasing November 5th

Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice

Purposely spoiling the game to PC players will get you banned INSTANTLY.

Don't engage into fanboyism, it looks ridiculous saying "console peasants" and "inferior", and similar, and any platform wars will be penalised accordingly.

I don't mind keeping my computer on for 2 days but we still need to consider download problems, overloaded serves etc

the pre-load is not important only for us but also for Rockstar 

I honestly think (now) they won't do pre load as support said. Guess T2 doesn't want them modders to get hold of the files? IDK

• Like 1

In this increasingly digital era for gaming, pre-loads are definitely important and if Rockstar don't do one here it would be a very valid concern for many people. Due to download speeds and limits in some areas - and seemingly no option for a physical version - RDR2's release date may as well not be November the 5th for those people. There's even social aspects that get hurt by not doing pre-loads, getting games on day 1 and being part of that conversation / event is something that's valued by many people. It's no different than say seeing a film on opening night with yer mates, or getting together to watch a big season finale of the latest show. It's just poor form all round for many reasons to not do a pre-load.

However, it isn't a reason for you to go throw your toys out of the pram, especially when you're putting expectations on arbitrarily picked days and times for when you expect to get information.

That all being said, I expect they'll do one. Pre-loads weeks in advance are rare and while it'd be nice because the game is gonna be a big download, typically pre-loads go live only a couple of days before release.

Edited by Jason

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Pre-loads weeks in advance are rare and while it'd be nice because the game is gonna be a big download, typically pre-loads go live only a couple of days before release.

Weeks? It's not plural anymore. If GTA V PC and RDR 2 console can have preload 7 days before release, there is absolutely no reason why can't they have one for the PC version.

I do agree people need to chill a bit, but R* and Take Two are overdoing it with this silence thing they do...for every single thing. It is less than 7 days before the release.....And all they have to do is If there is a preload tell us there will be one...If there is no preload tell us there won't be one......Is that really so hard to do? 

Edited by Pentraksil
typo
  • Like 5

Just now, Pentraksil said:

I do agree people need to chill a bit, but R* and Take Two are overdoing it with this silence thing they do...for very single thing. It is less than 7 days before the release.....And all they have to do is If there is a preload tell us there will be one...If there is no preload tell us there won't be one......Is that really so hard to do ? 

That's what really bothers me, no words on pre load and character transfer. They know people are really worried about that and they keep this annoying silence, it just doesn't make sense

• Like 3

remember when gta v preload started on ps3 and audio was leaked? how much time before release was that?

10 minutes ago, El Dorado said:

remember when gta v preload started on ps3 and audio was leaked? how much time before release was that?

1 month

Who even cares about leaks anymore, honestly? The game's a year old. Unless there's all new story content they're trying to keep secret for the PC version (unlikely), there's no genuine reason for there not to be a pre-load. 

1 minute ago, Xerukal said:

Who even cares about leaks anymore, honestly? The game's a year old. Unless there's all new story content they're trying to keep secret for the PC version (unlikely), there's no genuine reason for there not to be a pre-load. 

Lmao exactly

2 minutes ago, Xerukal said:

Even if so, nothing a day 1 patch can't solve. IIRC some of GTA V's features (albeit already announced like the Editor) were added only on a day one patch.

Idk, but pattern between today's two posts about RDO is interesting: first one was at 4:33pm, and second one just equally 2 hours after this, +- few minutes (6:37 pm)
Only speculation, but maybe we can get new info just at 8:30pm today?

EDIT: my timezone is in Ukraine, so it can be different from yours

Edited by AlexFox2828
more info

I don't know why I'm excited about the release while I know I not only need to finally upgrade my grandpa of a computer but also am waiting for Steam.

Some kind of sadism sh*t, I tell you.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Xerukal said:

We never know what kind of surprises awaits us. Just look at how Rockstar is keeping their mouth shut about the PC Release. It's odd.

2 minutes ago, MarshallRawR said:

...also am waiting for Steam...

This. I just want to see it on Steam, come on x). This is a reasonable request.

Edited by BlackScout

7 hours ago, Supermax2003 said:

Who managed to preorder the game via Ukraine VPN and Paypal? :D

I did that a couple of weeks ago. No idea if they have closed the loophole by now.

I cracked the case. There's no preload because they are hiding the fact that the game uses denuvo for as long as possible.

14 minutes ago, SuperCatSpeed said:

I cracked the case. There's no preload because they are hiding the fact that the game uses denuvo for as long as possible.

Nah, they use Arxan.

14 minutes ago, SuperCatSpeed said:

a well known modder here got the game early and confirmed no denuvo

Not pushing the pre-load button because they fear that someone may somehow get access to the game is pretty damn off as I see it.

No .exe = no game, it's as simple as that. They literally have so many options to allow pre-loading of the game - like holding off the .exe for release, encrypting the files with symmetric cryptography, zip the files using a custom compression algorithm and so on and so forth. 

It either smells like a delay or no pre-load at all as the best case scenario.

1 minute ago, DEADWOODZ said:

All good on my end, buddy.

Me either, I checked from phone, it's all up, just browser error on PC or something

How are people still calling for delays when RDR2 PC tunables were pushed to the cloud servers and NVIDIA updated their driver profiles with RDR2, all literally today, lmao