1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Releasing November 5th

Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice

Purposely spoiling the game to PC players will get you banned INSTANTLY.

Don't engage into fanboyism, it looks ridiculous saying "console peasants" and "inferior", and similar, and any platform wars will be penalised accordingly.

Just hide the executable.

No executable, no modding, no nothing. GTA V was preloaded on the Rockstar Games client too with the executable hidden. It wasn't cracked with that.

• Like 10

giphy.gif

Red Dead Network | GTANet | kifflom

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

harismaran500
8 minutes ago, Virago said:

The only reason i can think of a purposely delayed preload is security. RGL is not well equipped in terms of encryption and also PC is a very versatile system compared to console.

If that's the case,  they must have updated the rockstar games launcher in these days.. 

Another Newswire post now I saw on twitter.

Sigh. It's the same thing,  but another post on twitter. 

Edited by harismaran500

I Think we still got 2-3 hours for a pre-load or any kind of info I Don't think it has to do with security etc This is rockstar games I'm used to them when they do such nonsense moves but still I Wonder why are they silence about it ? 

like gta v had pre-load one week before why not rdr2 ?  if we are not getting a pre-load today I Hope we get tomorrow or 2 days later just PLEASE ROCKSTAR this game is 150gb And most of us need of pre-load 

Edited by korhan332

RedIndianRobin

Once again PC gamers being treated like third class customers. Sigh! Some things will never change with Rockstar. 

RedIndianRobin
5 minutes ago, BlackScout said:

Tomorrow it is guys! Hype!

Deja Vu

• Like 3

BS_BlackScout
1 minute ago, diegofsilva said:

Why my comment on what rockstar deserves was deleted? lol 

Bad language, off-topic, general insulting/flaming? I didn't get to see it so I can't tell.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, diegofsilva said:

Why my comment on what rockstar deserves was deleted? lol 

promoting piracy

• Like 3

Just now, BlackScout said:

Bad language, off-topic, general insulting/flaming? I didn't get to see it so I can't tell.

Because of piracy

• Like 2

BS_BlackScout

Well, fair enough 😛

Remember, Rockstar is also influenced by their parent company (Take-Two Interactive) [which made 2K put unskipabble ads on NBA2K19, wasn't it?]

If gonnaedothat is to be trusted he let the impression that Rockstar kinda ceases to a lot of the pressure that Take-Two puts onto them.

Sometimes I wonder if some of the ridiculous additions to GTAO were Rockstar trying to kill the game on purpose (Oppressor and stuff).

Let's say they were tired of working/supporting/updating such an old game. But that's just my two cents.

Also, two wrongs don't make a right. It makes you look dumb.

Revenge isn't an answer, in most if not all situations. Voting with your wallet is definitely a wiser choice.

For the last edit on this post, I sometimes feel like the PC Community manages to be really ungrateful.

Either by nitpicking defects on games or by just sh*tting on the developers for not meeting 100% of their expectations. 

That doesn't help how they feel about us.

Edited by BlackScout

alright

but they still treat PC gamers like crap as if releasing this game for PC was a favor

I'm waiting for all the drama related to modding the game, cause for that they have time to give us attention 

alright

but they still treat PC gamers like crap as if releasing this game for PC was a favor

I'm waiting for all the drama related to modding the game, cause for that they have time to give us attention 

Go away please, stop this drama no one cares

2 minutes ago, rdr2pchype said:

so don't waste your time quoting me, keep scrolling 

Uncle Sikee Atric
3 minutes ago, rdr2pchype said:

so don't waste your time quoting me, keep scrolling 

The pair of you can knock it off!

Let's move the discussion to something else.

jRQzuoR.jpg

I must say that it is a bit inconsiderate of them to not enable preload since we're literally a week away. Even if the download size is less than 150gb, it's still a large download. If they enable preload this week, I could still download it in time to play it on launch day but there are others here who would need days to download the game.

Even with 25mbit you can leech it in about 17 hours.....just keep it running for one day. Its certainly not a prob to get the game in time unless the servers will be overloaded big time.

For everyone below 10 or 5mbit the sh*t will be steaming ofc :DAnyway I want new screens or a vid sth. to show us more 4k pc glory! I am not satisfied with Rockstar atm

Edited by Supermax2003

1 minute ago, RedIndianRobin said:

Honestly I feel bad for people who are below 100Mbps Speed. 

*cryin while downloading a game 1mb/s*

BS_BlackScout

I did lose a bit of faith on the preload thing but maybe there's still a chance. I mean, for most people I believe that if the preload starts tomorrow it'll be enough. 

Extreme cases of bad internet may require people to leave their PCs on 24/7 until it's finished. Better than nothing though. 

I don't mind keeping my computer on for 2 days but we still need to consider download problems, overloaded serves etc

the pre-load is not important only for us but also for Rockstar 

RedIndianRobin

I honestly think (now) they won't do pre load as support said. Guess T2 doesn't want them modders to get hold of the files? IDK

• Like 1

In this increasingly digital era for gaming, pre-loads are definitely important and if Rockstar don't do one here it would be a very valid concern for many people. Due to download speeds and limits in some areas - and seemingly no option for a physical version - RDR2's release date may as well not be November the 5th for those people. There's even social aspects that get hurt by not doing pre-loads, getting games on day 1 and being part of that conversation / event is something that's valued by many people. It's no different than say seeing a film on opening night with yer mates, or getting together to watch a big season finale of the latest show. It's just poor form all round for many reasons to not do a pre-load.

However, it isn't a reason for you to go throw your toys out of the pram, especially when you're putting expectations on arbitrarily picked days and times for when you expect to get information.

That all being said, I expect they'll do one. Pre-loads weeks in advance are rare and while it'd be nice because the game is gonna be a big download, typically pre-loads go live only a couple of days before release.

Edited by Jason

RedIndianRobin
2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Pre-loads weeks in advance are rare and while it'd be nice because the game is gonna be a big download, typically pre-loads go live only a couple of days before release.

Weeks? It's not plural anymore. If GTA V PC and RDR 2 console can have preload 7 days before release, there is absolutely no reason why can't they have one for the PC version.

I do agree people need to chill a bit, but R* and Take Two are overdoing it with this silence thing they do...for every single thing. It is less than 7 days before the release.....And all they have to do is If there is a preload tell us there will be one...If there is no preload tell us there won't be one......Is that really so hard to do? 

Edited by Pentraksil
typo