Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Diamond Casino Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA 6

      1. St Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Spider-Vice

Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Releasing November 5th

Spider-Vice

Purposely spoiling the game to PC players will get you banned INSTANTLY.

 

Don't engage into fanboyism, it looks ridiculous saying "console peasants" and "inferior", and similar, and any platform wars will be penalised accordingly.

Message added by Spider-Vice

Recommended Posts

Spider-Vice
Just now, Xerukal said:

EDIT: wtf, ninja'd. 

hqdefault.jpg 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedDread

Alright ill stay up but im not gonna be responsible for my hangover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedIndianRobin

Just got a 512 gig SSD and upgraded to 16 gig dual channel RAM. f*ck Bottleneck now. Bring it on Pre-load! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yoona
1 minute ago, RedIndianRobin said:

Just got a 512 gig SSD and upgraded to 16 gig dual channel RAM. f*ck Bottleneck now. Bring it on Pre-load! 

What cpu and gpu do you have? The big city can kill the frames.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xerukal
3 minutes ago, Yoona said:

The big city can kill the frames.

PTSD flashbacks of AC Odyssey's Athens and AC Origins' Alexandria.

 

Let us hope Saint Denis is more merciful. 

Edited by Xerukal
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
md_rayan

Off-topic - Death Stranding confirmed for PC, summer 2020.

 

 

Edited by md_rayan
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedIndianRobin
1 minute ago, Yoona said:

What cpu and gpu do you have? The big city can kill the frames.

FX 6300 @ 4.7Ghz Stable and 1060 6GB. Ironically in GTA V, I get solid 70-80 frames in cities on all max except advanced settings(with 2xMSAA). It's the vegetation that kills my framerates.

 

Jumping from single channel to dual channel got me 10-15 frames on average. For example, tested Athens in AC Odyssey. It was 28-30 fps(Ultra high settings) with single channel. With dual channel, I jumped to 37-45. 

2 minutes ago, md_rayan said:

Off-topic - Death Stranding confirmed for PC, summer 2020.

Holy sh*t!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xerukal
2 minutes ago, md_rayan said:

Off-topic - Death Stranding confirmed for PC, summer 2020.

Wonderful news, and Kojima announced it just a week before Death Stranding's console release! Look at that, Rockstar. The world didn't end! :lol:

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yoona

Alright, I was gonna buy Death Stranding day one, but then RDR2 PC was announced for the same week, and now PC version is coming in 2020, I will get it on PC then!

7 minutes ago, RedIndianRobin said:

FX 6300 @ 4.7Ghz Stable and 1060 6GB. Ironically in GTA V, I get solid 70-80 frames in cities on all max except advanced settings(with 2xMSAA). It's the vegetation that kills my framerates.

 

Jumping from single channel to dual channel got me 10-15 frames on average. For example, tested Athens in AC Odyssey. It was 28-30 fps(Ultra high settings) with single channel. With dual channel, I jumped to 37-45. 

Holy sh*t!! 

Ass Creed optimization is piece of sh*t lmao!

Edited by Yoona
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedIndianRobin
3 minutes ago, Yoona said:

Ass Creed optimization is piece of sh*t lmao!

IKR! Also multiple DRMs just hammering the CPU. My PC turns to a stove when I fire up AC OD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
md_rayan
14 minutes ago, Xerukal said:

PTSD flashbacks of AC Odyssey's Athens and AC Origins' Alexandria.

 

Let us hope Saint Denis is more merciful. 

Athens and Alexandria absolutely decimated my poor ol' i5-3330. Getting over 2x the frame-rate with Zen 2 CPU in those sections now.

Edited by md_rayan
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedIndianRobin

People here are concerned with cities and towns in a Rockstar game meanwhile I am more concerned about the vegetation and grass.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yoona
1 minute ago, RedIndianRobin said:

People here are concerned with cities and towns in a Rockstar game meanwhile I am more concerned about the vegetation and grass.

Grass has amazing optimization on console already, while in GTA V it was tacked on for next gen release, and popping out of no where while driving

Edited by Yoona
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedIndianRobin
1 minute ago, Yoona said:

and popping out of no where while driving

And the horrendous shadow cascading. Shadows streamed right in front of my face. I hope they fixed all this in RDR 2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedDread

Honestly you are going to spend most of your time around grass,trees and water. how the cities perform should be of least concern.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yoona
2 minutes ago, RedDread said:

Honestly you are going to spend most of your time around grass,trees and water. how the cities perform should be of least concern.

Yeah, if I have drops to 50 fps in the big city I won't mind, as long as it's stable 60 fps in the wilderness.

 

My CPU only has 4 cores, 4 threads while recommended has 4 cores, 8 threads so yeah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedDread

All this talk has me excited for 4 years from now when we have systems that can run rdr2 in ultra at 4k 144hz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yoona
Just now, RedDread said:

All this talk has me excited for 4 years from now when we have systems that can run rdr2 in ultra at 4k 144hz

I'm happy I never experienced 144 hz, means I can still be happy with just 60 fps, and 4K 60 fps Ultra should already be possible on RTX 2080 Ti.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(Vip)Met

Towns are just to buy ammo, guns, food and etc. You will walk into towns but you won't live in them.
Also we have more horsepower then consoles so don't worry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wasd
Just now, Yoona said:

I'm happy I never experienced 144 hz, means I can still be happy with just 60 fps, and 4K 60 fps Ultra should already be possible on RTX 2080 Ti.

oh man the smoothness... i cant even stare at a 60hz monitor anymore lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DEADWOODZ
25 minutes ago, md_rayan said:

Off-topic - Death Stranding confirmed for PC, summer 2020.

 

Now to wait or not? I've been so eager to give this a go.

 

This is damn good news though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yoona
5 minutes ago, DEADWOODZ said:

Now to wait or not? I've been so eager to give this a go.

 

This is damn good news though!

I say wait only if you want more than 30 fps, you can always sell the game after you beat it on PS4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedDread
11 minutes ago, Yoona said:

I'm happy I never experienced 144 hz, means I can still be happy with just 60 fps, and 4K 60 fps Ultra should already be possible on RTX 2080 Ti.

Well maybe RDR2 will be different but my RTX 2080 TI cant run GTA 5 Ultra at a stable 60fps. My 4k monitor has dead pixels so im upgrading to a QHD 144hz monitor but ill give red dead a run on my old monitor before i sell it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
md_rayan
6 minutes ago, RedIndianRobin said:

And the horrendous shadow cascading. Shadows streamed right in front of my face. I hope they fixed all this in RDR 2. 

That has been fixed too. No more jarring shadow cascades even on base PS4 version. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yoona
2 minutes ago, RedDread said:

Well maybe RDR2 will be different but my RTX 2080 TI cant run GTA 5 Ultra at a stable 60fps. My 4k monitor has dead pixels so im upgrading to a QHD 144hz monitor but ill give red dead a run on my old monitor before i sell it.

GTA V ultra settings are unoptimized, trust me there's a chance you will get better frames in RDR2 in 4K ultra.

Even unoptimized Ass Creed Odyssey runs at  50-55 fps in 4K ultra on your card.

Edited by Yoona

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
harismaran500
1 minute ago, md_rayan said:

That has been fixed too. No more jarring shadow cascades even on base PS4 version. 

 

 

Was that present in gta v ps4/ Xbox one versions? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spider-Vice
1 minute ago, harismaran500 said:

Was that present in gta v ps4/ Xbox one versions? 

Yes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
md_rayan
8 minutes ago, harismaran500 said:

Was that present in gta v ps4/ Xbox one versions? 

Even on GTAV PC's max shadow settings there were some shadow pop-ins. So it was kind of even worse on console versions.

Edited by md_rayan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedDread
7 minutes ago, Yoona said:

GTA V ultra settings are unoptimized, trust me there's a chance you will get better frames in RDR2 in 4K ultra.

Even unoptimized Ass Creed Odyssey runs at  50-55 fps in 4K ultra on your card.

Yer i played Ass creed at launch but i didnt like it the graphics look like ass in my opinion. Its good to know it may be more optimized then GTA 5 though, I still have a 4k tv i might play it on at some point. GTA 5's performance is why i question if my 7700k is creating a bottleneck because i would think a 2080 ti should be able to run a 4 year old game at 4k Ultra. 

Edited by RedDread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
harismaran500

Guys... Can we expect any announcement within 12pm ET? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.