Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Releasing November 5th


Spider-Vice
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice

Purposely spoiling the game to PC players will get you banned INSTANTLY.

 

Don't engage into fanboyism, it looks ridiculous saying "console peasants" and "inferior", and similar, and any platform wars will be penalised accordingly.

  • Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • (Vip)Met

    661

  • Spider-Vice

    517

  • RedDread

    328

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today, we're proud to announce that Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming to PC on November 5th, with special bonuses available to players who pre-purchase through the Rockstar Games Launcher starting Octob

Just for humoristic reasons   Can't wait for Wednesday to see first PC screenshots

Recommended Posts

Spider-Vice
18 minutes ago, Red Dead Rebel said:

That doesn't apply to RDR2 since it doesn't have a steam store page.

Applications can be unpublished on Steam. If RDR2 is on Steam unpublished, which I think it might be if development started before the EGS existed (GTA V was hiding unpublished since December 2013), and they renewed their contract with Valve, then the clause applies to them.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Red Dead Rebel
3 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

Applications can be unpublished on Steam. If RDR2 is on Steam unpublished, which I think it might be if development started before the EGS existed (GTA V was hiding unpublished since December 2013), and they renewed their contract with Valve, then the clause applies to them.

Oh I didn't know they could be unpublished. That makes sense for the 1 month exclusivity then.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spider-Vice
2 minutes ago, Red Dead Rebel said:

Oh I didn't know they could be unpublished. That makes sense for the 1 month exclusivity then.

 

Yup, developers register with Valve early on usually, if they want their game releasing on Steam. Some developers, Rockstar included, do some internal development on Steam versions of games, for testing and such. GTA V's first entry on SteamDB is from December 17 2013 which means that is when they registered GTA V with Valve.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Prepurchased in RS launcher, because to hell Gabe and his 30% tax, also to hell Tencent cancer. I wonder if we, PC gentlemen can compete with sales on Xbox at least, to make the platform look relevant for RS.

Edited by sloppo
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sloppo said:

Prepurchased in RS launcher, because to hell Gabe and his 30% tax, also to hell Tencent cancer. I wonder if we, PC gentlemen can compete with sales on Xbox, to make the platform look relevant for RS.

PC will outperform Xbox, many games do this generation.

Just now, diegofsilva said:

Any news on pre loading the game?

Not yet, wait for 23rd.

Edited by Yoona
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, (Vip)Met said:

Probably they gave a copy to all major modders. We're talking about very important modders so I don't think more then 20 people.

 

Rockstar would rather give an early copy to some random YouTuber with 30k subs before giving them to a modder.

 

That is exactly what happened with RDR2 when it first came out last year. I don't doubt it will happen again a week before the PC release. That way these people get to prepare their sweet little YouTube videos in advance and upload them on release day. While everyone else has to wait until release before they can even play the game.

 

I know we are not entitled to receive anything but it makes me wonder... what is their reason for giving out copies to content creators but not modders? Is it favoritism?

 

We both drive sales and keep the game alive for years after release. Some of us have over a million downloads on our mods. People literally buy GTAV on PC just to play with mods. They will do the same for RDR2.

 

If it weren't for modders then the content creators wouldn't even have content to make outside of multiplayer stuff. Think about that, Rockstar.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Your post has no logic whatsoever. 

 

Of course R* would rather give early copy to Youtubers with good sub counts, apart from a few copies here and there, they give them out for marketing reasons. 

 

Not doubting you wouldn't do a good RDR2 mod, but how long is that going to take to release? A youtuber can just stream random footage of the game and drive early sales. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, uNi said:

Your post has no logic whatsoever. 

 

Of course R* would rather give early copy to Youtubers with good sub counts, apart from a few copies here and there, they give them out for marketing reasons. 

 

Not doubting you wouldn't do a good RDR2 mod, but how long is that going to take to release? A youtuber can just stream random footage of the game and drive early sales. 

Are you implying modders can't drive early sales if they received an advance copy? We have social media, youtube, discord and other places to communicate with people who are interested in our work too. The FiveM discord itself has more than 100,000 members. Marketing can be done in various ways. If they're giving out copies strictly for marketing purposes then that's a poor excuse to avoid giving them to modders. That is why I asked if it's possibly favoritism.

 

Plus the earlier a modder gets a copy then the earlier mods can start development. Give it to the right person and you can possibly have a Script Hook for RDR2 ready by release day.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
MostWantedMVP
13 minutes ago, Yoona said:

No, that's too far, PS4 is really dominating this gen.

This next year is going to be interesting. Especially E3.

6 minutes ago, Razed- said:

Plus the earlier a modder gets a copy then the earlier mods can start development. Give it to the right person and you can possibly have a Script Hook for RDR2 ready by release day.

Or they just don't want people f*cking with the game prior to release.

 

Image result for just saying gif

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MostWantedMVP said:

Or they just don't want people f*cking with the game prior to release.

They can just make people sign an NDA to prevent stuff from being released until a certain date.

 

I think you're probably right but.. it's a bit too late for that. People have already started preparing by editing the PS4 game files which will be similar to the PC files. Then there's jedijosh who managed to edit his save game and change character models on the console version. So people have indeed f*cked with the game.

 

One day I would like to see Rockstar work closely with modders the same way they do with content creators. And please give us official mod tools.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Razed- said:

One day I would like to see Rockstar work closely with modders the same way they do with content creators. And please give us official mod tools.

That will likely never happen. Rockstar hate mods now days the amount of mods they shut down in the past 2 years alone shows that. I guess you could say they like it in a sense that it drives sale for them but they hate it in a sense that it keeps people playing singleplayer instead microtransaction galore online modes

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Meagashira
8 hours ago, MysteryX2 said:

Sorry if its not allowed to post this one..

 

But, do you remember? 

 

 

Ya, I Remember.

But this difference Is huge because its a differente hardware, now the difference are Little because we must compare the differences with even midgen consoles

Ah, for the modders:

Please, insert Zentorno in game 

🤣

24 minutes ago, Meagashira said:

 

🤣

 

Quote

 

 

Edited by Meagashira
Link to post
Share on other sites
MarshallRawR
8 hours ago, Red Dead Rebel said:

That doesn't apply to RDR2 since it doesn't have a steam store page.

I don't think it's linked to having a store page. It says if they want to use Steam they have to send it no later than the first day of commercial release, so in this case November 5th.

Now what I'm wondering is this "if already released, you have 30 days" bit. They already announced Steam, so they know they will use it yet they will wait until after it's released. To me it sounds like they're playing the system a bit because then I believe they'd have to release it on Steam on November 5th, but instead they're going through the second bit and wait 30 days top even though they already announced a Steam release.

It's all law stuff so I may be reading it wrong.

Edited by MarshallRawR
Link to post
Share on other sites

Will I still be able to preorder on the R* Launcher after the 22 and still get the discount/bonuses? Or what does until the 22 mean?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Niander said:

Will I still be able to preorder on the R* Launcher after the 22 and still get the discount/bonuses? Or what does until the 22 mean?

It seems clear that after the 22nd bonuses will not be available or you may get them but at a different price.

Edited by Virago
Link to post
Share on other sites
(Vip)Met

I think that the 2 free games bonus will end on 22nd, I don't know about the 50 gold bars and stuff tho.

I mean, it would make sense if all bonuses end on 22nd so that Rockstar will make more sales on the launcher.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Virago said:

It seems clear that after the 22nd the bonuses will not be available or you may get them at a different price.

Sure I understand the two free games, but the ingame bonuses?  I mean the game is still two weeks out, so why remove those?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, (Vip)Met said:

I think that the 2 free games bonus will end on 22nd, I don't know about the 50 gold bars and stuff tho.

I mean, it would make sense if all bonuses end on 22nd so that Rockstar will make more sales on the launcher.

Nah, best way is to leave it as is, because other shops will be with worse bonses and more people will buy it on RGL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Niander said:

Sure I understand the two free games, but the ingame bonuses?  I mean the game is still two weeks out, so why remove those?

Probably no free games, and no discount, so the prices will be full. The ingame bonuses wont change, I THINK.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Meagashira

Another question: filter TAA is more heavy than MSAA or SMAA (i dont Remember what filters are in menu option in Gta5).

Im interested to say what filter AA is better for resolution 4k

Thanks

 

Edited by Meagashira
Link to post
Share on other sites
El Dorado

fxaa doesn't have any performance hit on modern cards, but doesn't do much to the image either. I guess it's ok on 4k.

msaa hit is reasonable, but the technique itself is above average, and on gta 5 you'll at least 4x msaa to hide dithering

taa would be the best option IF they also provide a sharpening filter

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
DEADWOODZ
9 hours ago, Razed- said:

Can't wait to fix all the floating grass around Saint Denis by modifying the procedural.meta file.

 

jBW9wCd.gif

Also be changing the loadouts.meta or weapons.meta to make every O'Driscoll use melee weapons lol. Loved getting into huge brawls like that in V!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Meagashira said:

Another question: filter TAA is more heavy than MSAA or SMAA (i dont Remember what filters are in menu option in Gta5).

Im interested to say what filter AA is better for resolution 4k

Thanks

 

Anti-Aliasing isn't really a necessity for 4k.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Spider-Vice unpinned and pinned this topic
  • Spider-Vice locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.