Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Diamond Casino Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA 6

      1. St Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Spider-Vice

Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Releasing November 5th

Spider-Vice

Purposely spoiling the game to PC players will get you banned INSTANTLY.

 

Don't engage into fanboyism, it looks ridiculous saying "console peasants" and "inferior", and similar, and any platform wars will be penalised accordingly.

Message added by Spider-Vice

Recommended Posts

Yoona
1 minute ago, Red Dead Rebel said:

And how is that good exactly? The best thing about PC gaming is that you tweak the settings based on your hardware. How's removing options good?

Game already looks great and it doesn't need Nvidia tech tacked on quick to sell the most expensive cards.

 

The lightning, reflections and shadowing in this game are already great as it is and will only be better in PC version, no matter AMD or Nvidia.

Edited by Yoona
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Red Dead Rebel
Just now, Yoona said:

Game already looks great and it doesn't need Nvidia tech tacked on quick to sell the most expensive cards.

 

The lightning, reflections and shadowing in this game are already great as it is and will only be better in PC version, no matter AMD or Nvidia.

Yeah I understand that but how is it good that there's no option for people who want it? Having such features is also good for future proofing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HarryTVisitor

Wouldn't stuff like Ray Tracing work like garbage on a game as demanding as RDR2 anyway though? I thought that it was already very demanding to get it working on games like Quake.

Do note that I'm pretty uninformed about Nvidia tech so I honestly wouldn't know that much about it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Starboy

I'm guessing it would probably take more time to optimize ray tracing, something that really isn't necessary for a game that already has phenomenal lighting. Who knows, it could be implemented further down the road via an update or for all we know it might already include it even though they haven't mentioned it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Red Dead Rebel

Raytracing is demanding but think of it as a way to make the game future proof. Even if we don't use it now, we would use it later when GPU's are powerful enough.

Raytracing is coming to consoles next year with next-gen systems and I'm afraid RDR2 will not look as good when we get used to raytracing in games.

 

 

I hope the raytracing reshade works on RDR2 like in GTA V.

Edited by Red Dead Rebel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedDread
18 minutes ago, Red Dead Rebel said:

How's no raytracing and physx good??

It's not good he's just a salty AMD user. The only reason he thinks it would be good if the game had neither is because AMD cards struggle using them. It's never compulsory to use these settings though it just means the game will look better on nvidia cards and that upsets people. It would be good if they included either. Raytracing would do the game wonders but tbh the lighting in rdr2 is already pretty good so I'm not fussed. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yoona
2 minutes ago, RedDread said:

It's not good he's just a salty AMD user. The only reason he thinks it would be good if the game had neither is because AMD cards struggle using them. It's never compulsory to use these settings though it just means the game will look better on nvidia cards and that upsets people. It would be good if they included either. Raytracing would do the game wonders but tbh the lighting in rdr2 is already pretty good so I'm not fussed. 

Are you talking about me tough guy? I have Nvidia card, a GTX 970 that I had it for 4 years now, serves me well, every game at 1080p at least medium-high 60 fps.

Edited by Yoona
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedDread
11 minutes ago, Yoona said:

Are you talking about me tough guy? I have Nvidia card, a GTX 970 that I had it for 4 years now, serves me well, every game at 1080p at least medium-high 60 fps.

Why do you take such an offence to nvidia graphics settings then. I can understand you don't like raytracing because you can't use it but why physx. 

Edited by RedDread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ron Damon

 

 

Some guy found the PC trailer spots on X1X. Not that interesting because of the fog on the console version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedIndianRobin

Speaking of optimization, I hope they fix the God awful 30 fps lock on the mouse pointer in the startup menu. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yoona
1 minute ago, RedDread said:

Why do you take such an offence to nvidia graphics settings then. I can understand you don't like raytracing because eyou can't use it but why physx. 

Because Physx has been always implemented very badly with horrible performance, maybe except Borderlands 2.

 

Nvidia exclusive effects just have very bad reputation in PC gaming, especially Gameworks and Hairworks.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedIndianRobin
2 minutes ago, Yoona said:

maybe except Borderlands 2.

It sucked even in BL2. Game would straight up crash for me with physx on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yoona
1 minute ago, RedIndianRobin said:

It sucked even in BL2. Game would straight up crash for me with physx on. 

I remember thinking my laptop was broken while playing original Mirrors Edge, turns out Physx was on, I had like 5-10 frames in-doors.

Edited by Yoona
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedDread
1 minute ago, Yoona said:

Because Physx has been always implemented very badly with horrible performance, maybe except Borderlands 2.

 

Nvidia exclusive effects just have very bad reputation in PC gaming, especially Gameworks and Hairworks.

Nobody's twisting your arm to use them though. They are the kind of settings only people with high end cards use and how well they are implemented differs from game to game. For instance control and shadow of the tomb raider implemented dlss and ray tracing fairly well but wolfinstine didn't. There are examples like that for hair works and other graphics options as well. I remember the witcher 3 had hair works I think and it was pretty well implemented. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yoona
1 minute ago, RedDread said:

Nobody's twisting your arm to use them though. They are the kind of settings only people with high end cards use and how well they are implemented differs from game to game. For instance control and shadow of the tomb raider implemented dlss and ray tracing fairly well but wolfinstine didn't. There are examples like that for hair works and other graphics options as well. I remember the witcher 3 had hair works I think and it was pretty well implemented. 

Implementing Ray Tracing, especially well is incredibly complex and hard process, I really rather Rockstar focused on making the game run well on vast amounts of CPU's and GPU's, implementing ultra settings and making sure they run great etc. not something 1% of people will use.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedIndianRobin
1 minute ago, RedDread said:

They are the kind of settings only people with high end cards use

If that is the case, a GTX 1060 should absolutely wreck a 2012 game even with physx on but it does not. PhysX should just stay away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Red Dead Rebel
2 minutes ago, RedIndianRobin said:

If that is the case, a GTX 1060 should absolutely wreck a 2012 game even with physx on but it does not. PhysX should just stay away.

You're clueless

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedDread
2 minutes ago, Yoona said:

Implementing Ray Tracing, especially well is incredibly complex and hard process, I really rather Rockstar focused on making the game run well on vast amounts of CPU's and GPU's, implementing ultra settings and making sure they run great etc. not something 1% of people will use.

I don't really care if they implemented nVidea settings or not but I wouldn't say it's bad if they did implement them. I'm lucky enough to have 2 systems both with RTX cards at the lowest end and the highest end. I think raytracing would push the game as close to photorealism as it gets but I'm not going to loose sleep if they don't implement it just like I would loose sleep if the game can't run on 5 year old hardware. This is a PC game there will be a raytracing mod and a ultra low graphics mod before next Easter mark my words. 

6 minutes ago, RedIndianRobin said:

If that is the case, a GTX 1060 should absolutely wreck a 2012 game even with physx on but it does not. PhysX should just stay away.

I don't have a 1060 but find me a recent game with physx and I'll wreck it with a 2080Ti 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HarryTVisitor
35 minutes ago, RedDread said:

It's not good he's just a salty AMD user. The only reason he thinks it would be good if the game had neither is because AMD cards struggle using them. It's never compulsory to use these settings though it just means the game will look better on nvidia cards and that upsets people. It would be good if they included either. Raytracing would do the game wonders but tbh the lighting in rdr2 is already pretty good so I'm not fussed. 

Sure, I'm just a salty AMD user. I totally am so bummed out that I can't use a feature barely any games right now use that is so demanding that only those with thousand-dollar rigs can use it. Woe is me.

In all seriousness, the game really doesn't need it in my opinion. Sure, it may work for future-proofing the game, but who's to say Rockstar isn't going to rerelease the game for next-gen consoles with raytracing enabled anyway? I respect your opinion, but all I ask is that you respect mine, and don't discredit my opinion because I'm "just a salty AMD user'. I think it's better for everyone to be on a level playing field on PC, that way no arbitrary wars over hardware arise. Plus, I feel it'd just simply be unfair to lock certain users out of having better looking graphics just because they aren't using a certain brand of GPU.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedDread
3 minutes ago, Sonicdude said:

Sure, I'm just a salty AMD user. I totally am so bummed out that I can't use a feature barely any games right now use that is so demanding that only those with thousand-dollar rigs can use it. Woe is me.

In all seriousness, the game really doesn't need it in my opinion. Sure, it may work for future-proofing the game, but who's to say Rockstar isn't going to rerelease the game for next-gen consoles with raytracing enabled anyway? I respect your opinion, but all I ask is that you respect mine, and don't discredit my opinion because I'm "just a salty AMD user'. I think it's better for everyone to be on a level playing field on PC, that way no arbitrary wars over hardware arise. Plus, I feel it'd just simply be unfair to lock certain users out of having better looking graphics just because they aren't using a certain brand of GPU.

Yes I already said that it doesn't really matter if they implement it or not the game is already beautiful. Yes there is a likelyhood that they add raytracing at a later date. The rest of your argument just proves my point. Your sh*tting on nvidia settings not because they are badly implemented or are a huge performance drain but because AMD cards struggle to or can't use such features. Your complaining because one brand of video card can use features that another can't. Too bad, so sad. The world isn't built around fairness, if you want the best you have to pay for it. I have said 3 times now, nobody will force you to use any of these settings, the game will look beautiful with or without them. Just because you can't run a certain feature doesn't mean everyone else shouldnt either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Red Dead Rebel
16 minutes ago, Sonicdude said:

Sure, I'm just a salty AMD user. I totally am so bummed out that I can't use a feature barely any games right now use that is so demanding that only those with thousand-dollar rigs can use it. Woe is me.

In all seriousness, the game really doesn't need it in my opinion. Sure, it may work for future-proofing the game, but who's to say Rockstar isn't going to rerelease the game for next-gen consoles with raytracing enabled anyway? I respect your opinion, but all I ask is that you respect mine, and don't discredit my opinion because I'm "just a salty AMD user'. I think it's better for everyone to be on a level playing field on PC, that way no arbitrary wars over hardware arise. Plus, I feel it'd just simply be unfair to lock certain users out of having better looking graphics just because they aren't using a certain brand of GPU.

 

Yikes! No. No, it's not better for everyone to be on the same level playing field with the same graphics. The point of PC gaming is tweaking the graphics and features to run on your hardware. Imagine if every PC player has to play on the same graphics settings. lol!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTAhare
1 hour ago, Choteron said:

Agreed,the best trailers of their games are the first ones. They are short, with a narration showing the city with beautiful music.

 

 

I SO agree that the reveal trailers are the best ones. They demonstrate the game world in an oh so beautiful way, and the music always gets to you. The great style of the reveal trailers combined with how exciting it’ll be to finally see a new GTA game, the reveal trailer for GTA 6 will surely be an event.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedDread
5 minutes ago, Red Dead Rebel said:

 

Yikes! No. No, it's not better for everyone to be on the same level playing field with the same graphics. The point of PC gaming is tweaking the graphics and features to run on your hardware. Imagine if every PC player has to play on the same graphics settings. lol!

Exactly!!! What this guy is basically saying is we should all play on low settings because if we don't we are oppressing people who only have the minimum specs. Get a grip. If you want everyone to be on the same playing field buy an Xbox 360 or a ps3 because yes even modern day consoles don't expect everyone to be on the same playing field. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Red Dead Rebel
2 minutes ago, RedDread said:

Exactly!!! What this guy is basically saying is we should all play on low settings because if we don't we are oppressing people who only have the minimum specs. Get a grip. If you want everyone to be on the same playing field buy an Xbox 360 or a ps3 because yes even modern day consoles don't expect everyone to be on the same playing field. 

Yeah! Even console users aren't in the same playing field anymore.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HarryTVisitor

Riiiight. I'm totally saying that. 

Edited by Sonicdude
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Red Dead Rebel
4 minutes ago, Sonicdude said:

Riiiight. I'm totally saying that. 

Yeah you are saying that:

 

Quote

I think it's better for everyone to be on a level playing field on PC, that way no arbitrary wars over hardware arise. Plus, I feel it'd just simply be unfair to lock certain users out of having better looking graphics just because they aren't using a certain brand of GPU.

 

You're literally saying "it's better for everyone to be on a level playing field on PC"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HarryTVisitor
27 minutes ago, Red Dead Rebel said:

You're literally saying "it's better for everyone to be on a level playing field on PC"

Yes. As in, there should be no advantages in terms of hardware just because of a difference in brand. As in, a game shouldn't have the highest setting locked out because of some arbitrary name brand that supports a feature all other brands currently don't (to my knowledge). If I bought a $500+ dollar GPU, I don't wanna find out that I can't turn the game's settings up to their highest, even though it (and the rest of my PC) is plenty powerful enough for all the other settings to be on their highest, just because I simply bought the wrong brand.


I never at any point stated that we all should have low end machines, or that everything should cost the same, or that we should all be playing on low settings. Please stop putting words in my mouth, I don't wanna argue. Especially not on this forum.

Edited by Sonicdude
I'm done arguing about this, sorry if I accidentally derailed the thread somehow.
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedDread
3 minutes ago, Sonicdude said:

Yes. As in, there should be no advantages in terms of hardware just because of a difference in brand. As in, a game shouldn't have the highest setting locked out because of some arbitrary name brand that supports a feature all other brands currently don't (to my knowledge). I never at any point stated that we all should have low end machines, or that everything should cost the same. Please stop putting words in my mouth, I don't wanna argue. Especially not on this forum.

Why shouldn't there be better performance for one brand over the other. Why should my 2080Ti be locked to be using lower settings because of people with Vega 64 cards that cost half the price. The fact of the matter is nvidia make much better cards and as I said before if you want the best you pay for the best. Nvidia cards perform substantially better and have access to better feature and they cost more. But guess what there's a reason people pay more for nVidea cards instead of cheaping out and going with an AMD card. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Red Dead Rebel
20 minutes ago, Sonicdude said:

Yes. As in, there should be no advantages in terms of hardware just because of a difference in brand. As in, a game shouldn't have the highest setting locked out because of some arbitrary name brand that supports a feature all other brands currently don't (to my knowledge). If I bought a $500+ dollar GPU, I don't wanna find out that I can't turn the game's settings up to their highest, even though it (and the rest of my PC) is plenty powerful enough for all the other settings to be on their highest, just because I simply bought the wrong brand.

I never at any point stated that we all should have low end machines, or that everything should cost the same, or that we should all be playing on low settings. Please stop putting words in my mouth, I don't wanna argue. Especially not on this forum.

Yes there should be advantages based on the hardware. t's not my fault AMD doesn't support raytracing. If you're spending $500+ on a GPU, you most likely have done the research to know what it can and cannot do. If not, that's on you.

 

You're telling me it's better that I don't use my $500+ GPU to its full potential just because someone else's GPU can't do it?!

 

Going by your logic, how are you fine with people spending $500+ on an RTX GPU just to have its main feature unavailable only because AMD doesn't support it?? WTF

Edited by Red Dead Rebel
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RedDread

here to prove my point even further heres the rtx 2060 super vs the rx 5700 xt. NVIDIA worst current gen card vs AMD's best current gen card.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-2060S-Super-vs-AMD-RX-5700-XT/4049vs4045

 

When it comes down to it your argument basically is that low spec cards shouldn't be unable to use features designed for high end cards. I don't know why you don't understand how absurd this is. If every game nerved its graphics settings to accommodate AMD users games would look alot less pretty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.