1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Releasing November 5th

Spider-Vice
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice

Purposely spoiling the game to PC players will get you banned INSTANTLY.

Don't engage into fanboyism, it looks ridiculous saying "console peasants" and "inferior", and similar, and any platform wars will be penalised accordingly.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• (Vip)Met

• Spider-Vice

• RedDread

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today, we're proud to announce that Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming to PC on November 5th, with special bonuses available to players who pre-purchase through the Rockstar Games Launcher starting Octob

Just for humoristic reasons   Can't wait for Wednesday to see first PC screenshots

6 hours ago, El Dorado said:

wanna hear a good joke?

Reveal hidden contents

4k 60fps ultra settings via streaming

If they use the same 4K bitrate of youtube this will be even funnier. 

2 hours ago, Yoona said:

I know, but this is definitely not a case with GTA 4, it runs so bad on my i5 6600K that I actually lock the fps to 30, it's far from ideal but at least it's stable and never drops below 30.

And his CPU is fine even with most demanding games if he locks his fps to 60, especially if he puts graphics on ULTRA in games like RDR2 or plays in 1440p.

The i5 6600K is not any better than the 4770 so that's another reason why I do not upgrade the 4770. It can still hold indeed. Knowing Intel they've gotten too lazy and then they came up with yearly 5% performance increase which doesn't justify the ugrade considering the prices they ask for and new motherboard AND new DDR4. These 4 also have made me postponing the upgrades. And now AMD providing competition, suddenly 8core/16th for consumers instead of exclusive to HEDT lol.

I had a 120Hz monitor and the fps in GTAV was always above 60. Now back to 60 lol. Had to return it.

2 hours ago, Armerius said:

is fine for most of the game yeah but his fps will suffer in the main city  (more npcs means more cpu power etc) .

And plz people for the f*cking love of god dont make the same mistake like a lot of people did running assassins creed odyssey with single channel ram (even when they could run it in dual channel by just  putting the ram sticks in the right sockets)

More npc's in the main city, is that for GTA4 or GTAV? If GTAV, I don't have any problem with more npc's in city.

And I don't buy any single game from EA, Ubisoft, Blizzard and any other half finished game.

2 minutes ago, SilverRST said:

The i5 6600K is not any better than the 4770 so that's another reason why I do not upgrade the 4770. It can still hold indeed. Knowing Intel they've gotten too lazy and then they came up with yearly 5% performance increase which doesn't justify the ugrade considering the prices they ask for and new motherboard AND new DDR4. These 4 also have made me postponing the upgrades. And now AMD providing competition, suddenly 8core/16th for consumers instead of exclusive to HEDT lol.

I had a 120Hz monitor and the fps in GTAV was always above 60. Now back to 60 lol. Had to return it.

More npc's in the main city, is that for GTA4 or GTAV? If GTAV, I don't have any problem with more npc's in city.

And I don't buy any single game from EA, Ubisoft, Blizzard and any other half finished game.

He is talking about the big city in RDR2.

27 minutes ago, Yoona said:

He is talking about the big city in RDR2.

Oh my bad 😛 It's 04:00 and I have no idea why I am still awake like a zombie...

Anyway, as long as 4770 is fine, I keep my money in the pocket for better or nicer things. I've kept my motto for years and still using: if you want to upgrade, make it big or don't do it at all.

38 minutes ago, SilverRST said:

Oh my bad 😛 It's 04:00 and I have no idea why I am still awake like a zombie...

Anyway, as long as 4770 is fine, I keep my money in the pocket for better or nicer things. I've kept my motto for years and still using: if you want to upgrade, make it big or don't do it at all.

true that reason why upgraded from a 3570k to 8700k last year. no regrets.

7 hours ago, Virago said:

I'm planning to upgrade my monitor. 4K only makes sense from 32" and above but i don't have enough space for it on my desk. Is it worth upgrading from 1080p to 1440p ?

If you're me, then no. I chose not to because I couldn't care less what the screen looks like, I only care about refresh rate and response time. If you like visuals, then yes, obviously.

2 hours ago, hsoj said:

If you're me, then no. I chose not to because I couldn't care less what the screen looks like, I only care about refresh rate and response time. If you like visuals, then yes, obviously.

I only have 60hz now though.

8 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

If there are any increases to population density it will probably be a slider just like GTA V.

My R5 3600 is ready to process all those people.

Most satisfying thing will be walking in Valentine without any FPS drop.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, (Vip)Met said:

My R5 3600 is ready to process all those people.

Most satisfying thing will be walking in Valentine without any FPS drop.

Valentine is cool and all but it's Saint Denis that is really big and impressive.

8 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

Rockstar has had "population zones" since the III-era games that wouldn't let this happen ;) Lower to no density by default in the wilderness, etc. 

This is probably the first Rockstar game that doesn't need a population increase.  If anything I'd like it slightly decreased to make encounters more interesting and hunting wildlife more of a challenge

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Spider-Vice said:

Rockstar has had "population zones" since the III-era games that wouldn't let this happen ;) Lower to no density by default in the wilderness, etc. 

I honestly hope we can boost it even further via editing files like we did in GTA 5. I want to roll into the wilderness and instantly be attacked by 5 grizzly bears like the good old days in rdr1. 

1 hour ago, roe said:

This is probably the first Rockstar game that doesn't need a population increase.  If anything I'd like it slightly decreased to make encounters more interesting and hunting wildlife more of a challenge

I think animal numbers would still stay the same. Population density refers to the cities and people in general (in those cities) I don't think it refers to every NPC in the game.

3 minutes ago, RedDread said:

I honestly hope we can boost it even further via editing files like we did in GTA 5. I want to roll into the wilderness and instantly be attacked by 5 grizzly bears like the good old days in rdr1. 

Like that clearing in Tall Trees where you have an infinite bear spawn spot

--

that said I learned that I can increase GTAV population. I should have a look into that.

That's one think that I found disappointing in rdr2. The hunting just isn't as fun. You can only carry one bear pelt and everything has to be killed in 1 shot or you get a poor pelt. I want to roll into tall trees and gun down 10 bears and then sell them all. 

Wait, there's a guy that killed a lot of animals, took their pelts and put all of them on a train and went to the nearest town and sold them. That was like one of the first methods to make "fast" money.

3 minutes ago, seldo said:

Like that clearing in Tall Trees where you have an infinite bear spawn spot

--

that said I learned that I can increase GTAV population. I should have a look into that.

That being said the mod I know of that boosts Ped population doesn't effect animals so who know. I miss the infinite bears in rdr1. Bears in rdr2 feel so rare. 

5 minutes ago, RedDread said:

That's one think that I found disappointing in rdr2. The hunting just isn't as fun. You can only carry one bear pelt and everything has to be killed in 1 shot or you get a poor pelt. I want to roll into tall trees and gun down 10 bears and then sell them all. 

you can't skin on the spot anymore? 😯

2 minutes ago, (Vip)Met said:

Wait, there's a guy that killed a lot of animals, took their pelts and put all of them on a train and went to the nearest town and sold them. That was like one of the first methods to make "fast" money.

Yes there's that and the new hunting wagon online. But I sort of miss when pelts were just an inventory item instead of a full on item you have to carry around everywhere. Smaller pelts are OK but it's sort of annoying that you can't hunt heaps of big game. 

2 minutes ago, RedDread said:

Bears in rdr2 feel so rare. 

Makes sense, bears don't hunt humans and attack only when we are too close or feel threatened. So they "are rare" because they stay away.
But that's what I learned, I'm no animal expert so yeah.

4 minutes ago, seldo said:

You absolutely can. There's a skinning animation for every animal. It's just that each skin/pelt is a unique item on your character/horse. It's not a stack in your inventory. 

4 minutes ago, seldo said:

What do you mean by skin on the spot. Smaller animals like deer and prong horn you can skin their pelts and stack as many of them as you want up on your horse but bigger game like bears, bison and elk only 1 pelt can be stored on your horse. 

3 minutes ago, RedDread said:

What do you mean by skin on the spot. Smaller animals like deer and prong horn you can skin their pelts and stack as many of them as you want up on your horse but bigger game like bears, bison and elk only 1 pelt can be stored on your horse. 

We need a mod to add two legs to the horse to make it carry more plets then