1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Releasing November 5th

Spider-Vice
Spider-Vice
Message added by Spider-Vice

Purposely spoiling the game to PC players will get you banned INSTANTLY.

Don't engage into fanboyism, it looks ridiculous saying "console peasants" and "inferior", and similar, and any platform wars will be penalised accordingly.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• (Vip)Met

• Spider-Vice

• RedDread

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today, we're proud to announce that Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming to PC on November 5th, with special bonuses available to players who pre-purchase through the Rockstar Games Launcher starting Octob

Just for humoristic reasons   Can't wait for Wednesday to see first PC screenshots

I used to sleep in the game (in temporary camps or even hotels if I'm away from home) just to switch from night to day. you can choose if you want to sleep longer or shorter, so I can always wake up in the morning. also being able to refresh cores without consuming anything is always good.

8 minutes ago, Virago said:

I'm planning to upgrade my monitor. 4K only makes sense from 32" and above but i don't have enough space for it on my desk. Is it worth upgrading from 1080p to 1440p ?

78% pixels more, bigger work space and prettier games, also means you can have 27-32 inches monitor and still have a good pixel per inch density.

Edited by Yoona
11 minutes ago, Virago said:

I'm planning to upgrade my monitor. 4K only makes sense from 32" and above but i don't have enough space for it on my desk. Is it worth upgrading from 1080p to 1440p ?

your 1080 monitor is 144hz or more ?

if so, the 1440p monitor is going to be better, but unless is 144hz it would suck for gaming(if you are use to play on high hz)

Edited by ReginaPhalange

I'm more than likely going to switch to my 1080p 144hz monitor from my 4k one, down scaling to 1440p just isn't cutting it for me, although 1620p with DSR smoothness at 0% is tolerable i suppose.

Guess i'll see if bugs the sh*t out of me.

5 minutes ago, Yoona said:

Trailer announcement on Friday and trailer release on Wednesday 11 AM ET I think..

Hmm, in the past trailer announcements have always been two days before the trailer release, so if that were to happen the announcement could be on Monday. We shall see though.

52 minutes ago, Virago said:

I've found that a 1440p display on a regular desktop-sized screen looks a thousand times better than a big screen in 4k. The pixel per inch coefficient is something you should really consider. AC Odyssey and other such games suddenly started looking amazing solely because of switching to a higher resolution display on the same screen size I'm used to.

5 hours ago, RedIndianRobin said:

They probably backed out from the GTA IV backlash back then. It still runs like sh*t to this day. 

It does. Can you believe that?? My 4770 and 1080Ti and when I'm in interior, fps is like over 9000!!!! And when I wanna go eat a hotdog in the city, all sh*t drops to 40's. Luckily my monitor has Hz options like 25, 29, 30, 50 and 60Hz in the ingame settings so I don't have to use the commandline to lock the framerate as the commandline sometimes doesn't work.

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, SilverRST said:

It does. Can you believe that?? My 4770 and 1080Ti and when I'm in interior, fps is like over 9000!!!! And when I wanna go eat a hotdog in the city, all sh*t drops to 40's. Luckily my monitor has Hz options like 25, 29, 30, 50 and 60Hz in the ingame settings so I don't have to use the commandline to lock the framerate as the commandline sometimes doesn't work.

the cpu its what gives you the Frames... so yeah you need to update your cpu its bottlenecking your gpu hard.

7 minutes ago, Armerius said:

the cpu its what gives you the Frames... so yeah you need to update your cpu its bottlenecking your gpu hard.

Are you for real? You do realize GTA 4 is 11 year old game??? Even much weaker CPU's should have no problem with GTA 4, but it's a sh*t port!

Look how well GTA V is running, I bet he gets 100 frames in GTA V lol!

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Yoona said:

Are you for real? You do realize GTA 4 is 11 year old game??? Even much weaker CPU's should have no problem with GTA 4, but it's a sh*t port!

Look how well GTA V is running, I bet he gets 100 frames in GTA V lol!

it is but no matter the game his cpu its way to old for that gpu. he is losing a lot of  performance because of it, ( in new games i mean.)

There is a big difference between a game being unoptimize and dont having the hardware to run it.  (not talking about gta4)

Just now, Armerius said:

it is but no matter the game his cpu its way to old for that gpu. he is losing a lot of  performance because of it, ( in new games i mean.)

There is a big difference between a game being unoptimize and dont having the hardware to run it.  (not talking about gta4)

I know, but this is definitely not a case with GTA 4, it runs so bad on my i5 6600K that I actually lock the fps to 30, it's far from ideal but at least it's stable and never drops below 30.

And his CPU is fine even with most demanding games if he locks his fps to 60, especially if he puts graphics on ULTRA in games like RDR2 or plays in 1440p.

1 minute ago, Yoona said:

I know, but this is definitely not a case with GTA 4, it runs so bad on my i5 6600K that I actually lock the fps to 30, it's far from ideal but at least it's stable and never drops below 30.

And his CPU is fine even with most demanding games if he locks his fps to 60, especially if he puts graphics on ULTRA in games like RDR2 or plays in 1440p.

is fine for most of the game yeah but his fps will suffer in the main city  (more npcs means more cpu power etc) .

And plz people for the f*cking love of god dont make the same mistake like a lot of people did running assassins creed odyssey with single channel ram (even when they could run it in dual channel by just  putting the ram sticks in the right sockets)

1 minute ago, Armerius said:

is fine for most of the game yeah but his fps will suffer in the main city  (more npcs means more cpu power etc) .

And plz people for the f*cking love of god dont make the same mistake like a lot of people did running assassins creed odyssey with single channel ram (even when they could run it in dual channel by just  putting the ram sticks in the right sockets)

If DX12 and Vulkan are well implemented he won't have issues in the big city, his CPU still has horse power, it's like 3 times more powerful than PS4 CPU for sure.

Should be 65-70 fps in the big city with his i7 4770 for sure.

Edited by Yoona
7 minutes ago, Yoona said:

If DX12 and Vulkan are well implemented he won't have issues in the big city, his CPU still has horse power, it's like 3 times more powerful than PS4 CPU for sure.

yeah but this isnt a port. So expect to have more npcs and more activity in game . even though his cpu is more powerfull then the ps4 , the ps4 and xbox are OS are optimize specificly for games , while windows runs a lot of sh*t on the background reason why the system requirements for PORTS are higher then the usual specs of the consoles.

What i mean is play rdr2 with what you have but if it doesnt run as you expect the upgrade is a new cpu.. if you get a 2080 it wont run much better.

and do not forget its VERY IMPORTANT. DUAL CHANNEL RAM. put the damn ram sticks in the right sockets! Meaning if you have 4 sockets ... 1 2 3 4.  you put your 2 ram sticks in 1 and 3  or in 2 and 4.

Edited by Armerius
11 minutes ago, Armerius said:

yeah but this isnt a port. So expect to have more npcs and more activity in game . even though his cpu is more powerfull then the ps4 , the ps4 and xbox are OS are optimize specificly for games , while windows runs a lot of sh*t on the background reason why the system requirements for PORTS are higher then the usual specs of the consoles.

What i mean is play rdr2 with what you have but if it doesnt run as you expect the upgrade is a new cpu.. if you get a 2080 it wont run much better.

and do not forget its VERY IMPORTANT. DUAL CHANNEL RAM. put the damn ram sticks in the right sockets! Meaning if you have 4 sockets ... 1 2 3 4.  you put your 2 ram sticks in 1 and 3  or in 2 and 4.

I highly doubt there would be more people in the city... it would ruin the immersion and developer's original vision, this is not a ps3 to PC conversion, it's current gen to PC, they will have the same population density.

Trust me the big city is already packed with people, it's hard to run a horse and not to kill someone haha.

And you are right about the RAM, I made sure mine is in dual-channel when I last upgraded.

Edited by Yoona
23 minutes ago, Yoona said:

Trust me the big city is already packed with people, it's hard to run a horse and not to kill someone haha.

I was gonna say this. If there are any increases in population density when it comes to Saint Denis, they better be optional. It's incredibly easy to accidentally tackle or attack people on PS4, especially when trying to mount your horse near NPCs. 

If there are any increases to population density it will probably be a slider just like GTA V.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

If there are any increases to population density it will probably be a slider just like GTA V.

Hopefully it won't create a rave party in the wilderness

Just now, seldo said:

Hopefully it won't create a rave party in the wilderness

Rockstar has had "population zones" since the III-era games that wouldn't let this happen ;) Lower to no density by default in the wilderness, etc. 

2 hours ago, Virago said:

Don't get 4k it's not worth it. I'm upgrading from a 4k panel to a 144 Hz 1440p panel. The difference between qhd and uhd is barely noticeable

10 minutes ago, Spider-Vice said:

If not there will certainly be a .ini that we can edit. 

47 minutes ago, Armerius said:

Hope that once the game is out on pc we will be able to resolve most or all of the mysteries in the game.

I'm looking forward to noclipping into everything I see

Edited by shaun97
3 minutes ago, custdogg said:

Gameplay trailers from last year faked up to 60 fps. Can't wait to play this on pc

Looks rlly weird in some parts but pretty cool. There are also other 60fps (faked) rdr2 vids as well.