Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. Los Santos Summer Special
      2. The Diamond Casino Heist
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Freakshow9191

Large delivery wagon stolen......by rockstar

Recommended Posts

Freakshow9191

So after 2 days of supplying Cripps, I was ready to deliver a full large delivery wagon. 

Me and my posse mate start the distant delivery. 

No problems, we drive straight there, made great time. 

We get somewhat near our drop off, still at full speed, and start hearing gunshots. 

I say to my mate "get ready for a gunfight."

No sooner than I said that "mission over supplies destroyed" flashes on the screen. 

Apparently the buyers were killed I guess before we even got close. 

We were at full speed, 17 minutes left in the mission, we weren't delayed, we didn't hang back and allow it to happen.  The drop off site hadn't even zoomed in yet and no red NPC's on the mini map had even started to show up. 

Lost everything. Went back to camp, zero goods. $625 and 2 days of work, gone. 

 

Just passing this along. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chunkey_Monkey
37 minutes ago, Freakshow9191 said:

So after 2 days of supplying Cripps, I was ready to deliver a full large delivery wagon. 

Me and my posse mate start the distant delivery. 

No problems, we drive straight there, made great time. 

We get somewhat near our drop off, still at full speed, and start hearing gunshots. 

I say to my mate "get ready for a gunfight."

No sooner than I said that "mission over supplies destroyed" flashes on the screen. 

Apparently the buyers were killed I guess before we even got close. 

We were at full speed, 17 minutes left in the mission, we weren't delayed, we didn't hang back and allow it to happen.  The drop off site hadn't even zoomed in yet and no red NPC's on the mini map had even started to show up. 

Lost everything. Went back to camp, zero goods. $625 and 2 days of work, gone. 

 

Just passing this along. 

 

 

Part of the game, you didn't get there fast enough to stop the bandits killing your buyers, Local deliveries have this as game feature roughly every other delivery is like this, Abd as you where doing a long delivery you can expect PVP who mat have shot and killed your buyers before you had chance to defend them 

Edited by Mad-Monkey_1st

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mirror Park Resident
2 minutes ago, Mad-Monkey_1st said:

Part of the game, you didn't get there fast enough to stop the bandits killing your buyers, Local deliveries have this as game feature roughly every other delivery is like this 

According to the OP, they didn't even have time to arrive at the dropoff. Usually you can take your sweet time to deal with the attackers and no buyer gets killed.

 

That's not part of the game, that sounds like a cruel bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chunkey_Monkey
1 minute ago, Mirror Park Resident said:

According to the OP, they didn't even have time to arrive at the dropoff. Usually you can take your sweet time to deal with the attackers and no buyer gets killed.

 

That's not part of the game, that sounds like a cruel bug.

 

 

Sounds very much like PVP are camping at the delivery spots and killing the buyers, Also had similar in local delivery where there where campers although they could not kill our buyers they did there very best to hinder us killing the bandits but we managed our sales (twice this has happened to our posse both times at Benedict station) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IamCourtney

Having the mission fail because the buyers get killed is one thing but if the wagon is still intact then the goods inside should just be returned to the stockpile ready to try again with a new sale.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mirror Park Resident
25 minutes ago, Mad-Monkey_1st said:

 

 

Sounds very much like PVP are camping at the delivery spots and killing the buyers, Also had similar in local delivery where there where campers although they could not kill our buyers they did there very best to hinder us killing the bandits but we managed our sales (twice this has happened to our posse both times at Benedict station) 

Well that's another thing, still unfair tbh. R* should fix that, and probably won't.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chunkey_Monkey
Just now, Mirror Park Resident said:

Well that's another thing, still unfair tbh. R* should fix that, and probably won't.

 

 

You take the risk of a distance sale "Its part of the game" if you cant handle that then sell local Simples

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Freakshow9191

Monkey: we suspected pvp trying to spoil it too, and rushed in anyways. No one was around. In addition to that last week we were at emerald station boxing, when buyers showed up and a gunfight broke out with an apparent delivery mission inbound.  We tried to kill the buyers in an attempt to halt the mission, and you can't. As a pvp your sights gray out on the buyers and you can't shoot them.  

 

Courtney: exactly.  

If a player took us out, then good job for them.  Part of the game. 

No problem. It's expected and I enjoy the challenge. 

I thought we should have at least had the option to take supplies back to camp. Yeah we were both sitting on a wagon full of supplies with 17 minutes left and no opportunity to turn in or even turn back.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mirror Park Resident
13 minutes ago, Mad-Monkey_1st said:

 

 

You take the risk of a distance sale "Its part of the game" if you cant handle that then sell local Simples

LOL one thing is to protect the cargo (intended gameplay) and another thing is being able to cover the dropoff just as the mission starts. And no, that's not possible because you don't know the destination beforehand. 

 

That's part of the game as much as your camp not spawning. Bad design, overlook. If that's what happened to the OP, he has all the right to complain. 

 

EDIT: looks like it isn't possible for players to kill buyers that soon at all. So, a bug then, most likely.

 

 

Edited by Mirror Park Resident
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Freakshow9191

Monkey. 

Indeed  I can handle it.  I try to steal missions whenever possible. I have had deliveries stolen from me by players as well.  Like I said, no problem at all. 

But what happened wasn't part of the risk of a long distance delivery. 

It was a glitch/bug or something.  

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marcinguy

The NPC buyers shouldn't spawn in until you get near the designated area, or just make them not killable like a local delivery. Sounds like Rockstar will need to implement some changes to make this fair. It's only a matter of time before people figure out where all the drop off locations are and head out to kill the buyers. If this was implemented as intended the mission would end. Instead the timer keeps counting down even though you cannot deliver and you cannot turn back to camp to save your goods. Ridiculous. Alternatively, they should let you pick between dropoff locations so you can send your Posse to protect the buyers maybe? Either way, seems pretty unfair the way it is now.

3 minutes ago, Freakshow9191 said:

Monkey. 

Indeed  I can handle it.  I try to steal missions whenever possible. I have had deliveries stolen from me by players as well.  Like I said, no problem at all. 

But what happened wasn't part of the risk of a long distance delivery. 

It was a glitch/bug or something.  

 

Exactly. Stealing other players' wagons is part of the game. Risk a long delivery and it can happen, especially if you go solo. The buyers getting killed seems like an oversight or a glitch, however. The mission doesn't end, so what's the point of killing them? It gets you nothing, there is no point to do it other than cheaply ruining someone's sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pocket Fox
8 hours ago, IamCourtney said:

Having the mission fail because the buyers get killed is one thing but if the wagon is still intact then the goods inside should just be returned to the stockpile ready to try again with a new sale.

Imagine going to sell your house to someone IRL and the buyer passes away and then your house despawns and you're like......  damnit! >.<

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AStiffBreeze

Record the footage, upload it to YouTube, and submit a ticket to Rockstar support (referencing the YouTube link). Begin by telling them that you had already cleared your cache :)

 

I appreciate the heads up. If anyone else experiences the same issue then it might be useful to share ticket numbers so that they can be cross referenced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fozzie
6 hours ago, AStiffBreeze said:

Record the footage, upload it to YouTube, and submit a ticket to Rockstar support (referencing the YouTube link). Begin by telling them that you had already cleared your cache :)

 

I appreciate the heads up. If anyone else experiences the same issue then it might be useful to share ticket numbers so that they can be cross referenced.

Footage doesn't event matter to Rockstar.

A few of us from the forums did a full long distance delivery last week, no problems, we killed the attackers delivered the goods. The Posse leader got $3.12 and some low ass amount of XP. 

Figures no biggie, send footage and they'll take care of it.

They literally called him a liar, said it was a small delivery, it was nearby not long distance, he got the right amount.. 

Had to respond by calling them on their bullsh*t and he got the "for a 1 time gesture of goodwill for a long time player....." and gave him what he was owed...

Footage means f*ck all to them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AStiffBreeze
4 hours ago, Fozzie said:

Footage doesn't event matter to Rockstar.

A few of us from the forums did a full long distance delivery last week, no problems, we killed the attackers delivered the goods. The Posse leader got $3.12 and some low ass amount of XP. 

Figures no biggie, send footage and they'll take care of it.

They literally called him a liar, said it was a small delivery, it was nearby not long distance, he got the right amount.. 

Had to respond by calling them on their bullsh*t and he got the "for a 1 time gesture of goodwill for a long time player....." and gave him what he was owed...

Footage means f*ck all to them

I had that exact same problem, sent them this video:

 

 

They gave me the missing money. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dest45

I had mine spawn under the map and without me in the wagon. I had to relog and lose all my goods

Edited by Dest45

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Freakshow9191

My posse mate clipped the incident and contacted rockstar. 

They did reply and said they will give us the money lost.  

Don't know when or how. 

So, we wait. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
roggek
On 10/4/2019 at 4:14 PM, Mad-Monkey_1st said:

 

 

Sounds very much like PVP are camping at the delivery spots and killing the buyers, Also had similar in local delivery where there where campers although they could not kill our buyers they did there very best to hinder us killing the bandits but we managed our sales (twice this has happened to our posse both times at Benedict station) 

Thats why this trade events should be in a solo lobby...
The problem is that the "shootout" at the delivery point starts right when you start the mission. (i.e aroiund 14 minutes before).
Thats why other players can interfere, and kill the buyers, and you loose the money...

Edited by roggek
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chunkey_Monkey
20 hours ago, roggek said:

Thats why this trade events should be in a solo lobby...
The problem is that the "shootout" at the delivery point starts right when you start the mission. (i.e aroiund 14 minutes before).
Thats why other players can interfere, and kill the buyers, and you loose the money...

If your on a local the Players cannot kill your buyers or the enemy npc's but they can and do hinder you killing the enemy npc's so the timer may run out before you have completed the killing of the npc or the npc do manage to kill the buyers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JumpingKentFlash

ALWAYS set your console to record your gameplay right before a sale. If it bugs out, you have good evidence when R* asks for it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PkUnzipper

yep. same thing happened to me on day 2 of getting Cripps invitation. Wagon size is irrelevant. Did it solo with the smallest delivery wagon and had a delivery to Riggs Station.

 

Which is why I quit grinding trader because between this and Cripps packing up your camp glitch, the trader career is too damned buggy. No point in stressing out over a bug R* will likely never fix. Decided to max out the Collectors and now BH careers instead. 

3 hours ago, JumpingKentFlash said:

ALWAYS set your console to record your gameplay right before a sale. If it bugs out, you have good evidence when R* asks for it.

I've yet to be reimbursed for that first delivery bug despite opening a ticket with CS. Uploaded video evidence and everything.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.