Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Confuzzeled

I am truly shocked, disappointed and disgusted by Rockstar

Recommended Posts

Confuzzeled

Rockstar, as one of your biggest fans...ever, even going way back to Trasher: Skate and Destroy, adoring the Max Payne trilogy, Gta and particularly the Red Dead series, I am truly appalled and disgusted with what you've done  

 

I knew there was a serious downgrade, but thankfully I played hours of this glorious game and finished it very early on before any downgrades. Got it on day one and played nonstop lol. 

 

I then heard there was a downgrade and since have not revisited this game for some time. I've now got back into it (absolutely no interest in online mode at all) and the downgrades are utterly shocking. I mean of  mammoth proportions...

 

For those of you lucky enough to have bought and played through its entirety before the 1.03 patch, you will have played one of the greatest games ever made. 8 years of preparation for perfection and it is breathtaking. 

 

For those who've only just gotten into it after the 1.03 patch, I am sorry you missed out on such a masterpiece. I've been playing the latest patch for a while as the the downgrade has been "fixed" apparently, which is not even remotely true. Just reinstalled and reverted back to 1.00 and once again, the game is utterly astonishing. The difference is beyond night and day. 

 

Rockstar, I implore you to do the right thing and fix this back to the original game. This is false advertising, as the game as it is now is not a patch on what was when it came out. (See what I did there) 

 

Until then, please revert back to version 1.00. I cannot express enough just how amazing the game was when it was released, all the way up to version 1.02. After that, it feels like a ps2 game... 

 

Apologies for the long rant. Just needed to be said. 

 

 

 

 

Just to clarify as to why the downgrade incase anyone is skeptical, is to make online mode look better... or rather, not so terrible, as online makes Rockstar the big bucks - shark cards for example. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PapasHota

Hyperbole the thread, how does it feels like a ps2 game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Don Maximus Meridius

"feels like a ps2 game" eunha.gif

Well, I'm playing RDR2 since the first hour, maybe changed a bit but not enough to be called a "ps2 game". Still the best looking game of this generation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sonicdude

Shouldn't this thread just be a post in this topic or something?
 


Sorry to play moderator or whatever, just thought I'd point out there's already a thread for this sort of discussion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CH14R1

We should focus on some quality proofs so this become undeniable, some people are skeptic, even me. I know they sinked it but cannot tell how much.

 

The existing screenshots are a bit inconsistent, don’t compare countryside enough, draw distance, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vladistar_895

I wish RDR 2 had a RDR:Undead Nightmare 2 (or something like that) or a DLC 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zello

Can you explain exactly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XAIKON

The removal of ambient occlusion on certain objects alone is a MASSIVE downgrade, I notice straight away whenever I enter a store or wonder around St. Denis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Varys
10 hours ago, Confuzzeled said:

it feels like a ps2 game...

Related image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Confuzzeled
2 hours ago, XAIKON said:

The removal of ambient occlusion on certain objects alone is a MASSIVE downgrade, I notice straight away whenever I enter a store or wonder around St. Denis.

Absolutely. People seem skeptical, but it is %100 true. It really and truly makes an ENORMOUS difference. 

 

It's unbelievable the difference having played the 1.12 version, and then going back to the 1.00 version within the same day. It's like an entirely different game. 

For those who don't believe it, or question my "like a Ps2 game", I encourage you to revert back to the original version. Of course the current version doesn't look like a Ps2 game, obviously. I was being facetious, but it's astonishing Rockstar would do this. 

 

If you've not played the original version, do yourselves a favour and go for it. You'll be shocked. It'll only take about an hour to do, and you'll not lose any of your saves, and if for whatever reason you feel the need to go back to the current version, feel free to do so. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JC_HUMBLE

I did this once and I didn't saw any difference with the exception of a more buggy expirience. So no thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
happygrowls

y'all really are getting way too heated about ambient occlusion being missing, if the graphics bother you that much, then don't play

 

not every game is defined by it's graphics, indie games are the best example of this

 

god i'm trying to imagine how you felt with the watch dogs scenario, that's much more of a downgrade than simple f*cking occlusion is to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Johnnyb17

Definitely a downgrade! All of you that are saying you don’t see it... get ya eyes checked also those who say don’t complain you’re part of the problem 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LeonVegaSuarez

Ive been playing pretty much every day for nearly a year and never noticed any downgrades whatsoever. *shrugs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Johnnyb17
4 hours ago, LeonVegaSuarez said:

Ive been playing pretty much every day for nearly a year and never noticed any downgrades whatsoever. *shrugs

Get your eyes checked fella

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LorshZontek
23 hours ago, Confuzzeled said:

Rockstar, as one of your biggest fans...ever, even going way back to Trasher: Skate and Destroy, adoring the Max Payne trilogy, Gta and particularly the Red Dead series, I am truly appalled and disgusted with what you've done  

 

I knew there was a serious downgrade, but thankfully I played hours of this glorious game and finished it very early on before any downgrades. Got it on day one and played nonstop lol. 

 

I then heard there was a downgrade and since have not revisited this game for some time. I've now got back into it (absolutely no interest in online mode at all) and the downgrades are utterly shocking. I mean of  mammoth proportions...

 

For those of you lucky enough to have bought and played through its entirety before the 1.03 patch, you will have played one of the greatest games ever made. 8 years of preparation for perfection and it is breathtaking. 

 

For those who've only just gotten into it after the 1.03 patch, I am sorry you missed out on such a masterpiece. I've been playing the latest patch for a while as the the downgrade has been "fixed" apparently, which is not even remotely true. Just reinstalled and reverted back to 1.00 and once again, the game is utterly astonishing. The difference is beyond night and day. 

 

Rockstar, I implore you to do the right thing and fix this back to the original game. This is false advertising, as the game as it is now is not a patch on what was when it came out. (See what I did there) 

 

Until then, please revert back to version 1.00. I cannot express enough just how amazing the game was when it was released, all the way up to version 1.02. After that, it feels like a ps2 game... 

 

Apologies for the long rant. Just needed to be said. 

 

 

 

 

Just to clarify as to why the downgrade incase anyone is skeptical, is to make online mode look better... or rather, not so terrible, as online makes Rockstar the big bucks - shark cards for example. 

The downgrade really is not that bad, yes they downgraded the game but it is not nearly as bad as you say it is, though 1.00 does look much better in certain aspects 

9 hours ago, happygrowls said:

y'all really are getting way too heated about ambient occlusion being missing, if the graphics bother you that much, then don't play

 

not every game is defined by it's graphics, indie games are the best example of this

 

god i'm trying to imagine how you felt with the watch dogs scenario, that's much more of a downgrade than simple f*cking occlusion is to you.

I do not think they just downgraded the AO, i think they also downgraded the textures somewhat and the game is more washed out, oh and blurring issues 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XAIKON

Watch dogs downgraded from a PROMO VIDEO, they didn't ship it like that, so I didn't buy it.... I'm fine with that. Had it shipped high quality, I would have expected it to remain so after ubi took my money. They never downgraded anything after release, so your comparison makes no sense, like the rest of your nasty post. And the downgrade is much more than just the AO. Have you applied for a job with R* marketing department? You have the "deny everything but when proven wrong just say don't play it then" technique pretty well mastered. To you and ANYONE who thinks it's fine that a company can reduce the quality of the product you purchased is just fine and dandy, YOU are the reason these companies bend us over and give us a lube-free ramming with no fear of consequence.

Edited by XAIKON
grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Failed Again

hate to tell you this, But all our lives will degrade

 

god is an under-achiever

 

no money back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gummy 

I'd like to know which PS2 game you're saying it looks like, cause it must have been an amazing game for it's generation!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yoona

Damn you had some beefed up PS2 my dude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slonitram

This right here is some good copypasta material.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nyfyr
1 hour ago, Slonitram said:

This right here is some good copypasta material.

Ikr? Most over-dramatic crap ive seen in a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gummy 
37 minutes ago, Nyfyr said:

Ikr? Most over-dramatic crap ive seen in a long time.

You haven't seen the Epilogue hair thread have you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HelloMyNameIsHuman
On 9/26/2019 at 12:27 AM, Don Maximus Meridius said:

"feels like a ps2 game" eunha.gif

Well, I'm playing RDR2 since the first hour, maybe changed a bit but not enough to be called a "ps2 game". Still the best looking game of this generation.

 

No it isn't. Not by a long shot. It is a pretty game but Detroit Become Human is objectively the best graphics of this generation thus far, where many scenes are nearly live-action quality and Horizon Zero Dawn, Order 1886, Assassins Creed Osyssey, all of these games and plenty others have far more graphical fidelity than RDR2. RDR2 is not that big of a map and nowhere near as graphically complicated as GTA V, though because it's not as complicated, does look better, but GTA V is far more graphically impressive because of its complexity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThroatSlasher2

The game might look slightly worse than version 1.00 but imo that's nothing compared to how sluggish the game is when opening the catalogue in general stores or how Rockstar keeps patching useful glitches like Arthur in New Austin, out of map tricks, Gambler 9, etc. Now THAT is f*cking bullsh*t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darealbandicoot
14 minutes ago, ThroatSlasher2 said:

The game might look slightly worse than version 1.00 but imo that's nothing compared to how sluggish the game is when opening the catalogue in general stores or how Rockstar keeps patching useful glitches like Arthur in New Austin, out of map tricks, Gambler 9, etc. Now THAT is f*cking bullsh*t.

They actually half assed  fixed the catalogue..... And completing removing "Owned" from outfits and clothes you own in the process making it a guessing game weather you own an outfit or not whearas in 1.00 it had "Owned" at the outfits and Red Dead Online of course still has "Owned" on everything you own 

Edited by Darealbandicoot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HelloMyNameIsHuman

If you had trouble agreeing with what I said, I worry for how many brain cells you had in the first place.

 

detroit become human is miles higher graphical fidelity than anything rockstar has ever done. It looks like real people half the time. Those other games all look better and with a lot more variation and thus complexity than is found in rdr2.

 

it simply is not the best looking game of the generation. Nothing rockstar does has ever had that title. Ever. Rdr2 looks good but it is nowhere near the cutting edge or best graphics of the year let alone the generation. 
 

you can subjectively think it’s the prettiest to your own eye, but it is objectively lower quality visuals than all the games I named, tomb raider games, far cry 5, witcher 3, all of those games have better graphics. Upcoming cyberpunk 2033, miles better fidelity.

 

the list is a lot longer than that, I could go on. Rdr2 is rockstars prettiest game. It is less impressive than gta v technically speaking and it is now where near as realistic looking as Detroit become human.

 

division 2. Wwii. Uncharted 4. Spider man. All better graphics. Objectively, regardless of preference to an individual’s taste.

 

watch dogs 2 may not be anywhere near as good a game as gta v, but it looks better than anything rockstar has ever rendered. 
 

max payne 3 has objectively better visual fidelity than rdr2.

 

rdr2 is among the most beautiful games of the generation. Easily. The best? Absolutely not.

Edited by HelloMyNameIsHuman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
happygrowls
2 hours ago, HelloMyNameIsHuman said:

but GTA V is far more graphically impressive because of its complexity.

giphy.gif

 

 

bruh you saying that this

Image result for gta 5 screenshots 360

looks better than this?

Image result for red dead redemption 2 screenshots

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JC_HUMBLE
4 minutes ago, HelloMyNameIsHuman said:

If you had trouble agreeing with what I said, I worry for how many brain cells you had in the first place.

 

detroit become human is miles higher graphical equality than anything rockstar has ever done. It looks like real people half the time.

But DBH is like a cgi movie, of course it has more advantage with its graphics than a open world game. 

 

On topic:

I recommend to stop being so miserable trying to convince everyone with a downgrade that not all eyes can see (maybe there is, maybe not), Because In the end you're the one getting affected, you're the one not being able to play the game again because it's broken in your eyes, I don't defend R*  I know they became some greedy bastards lately. In my opinion there's other more important issues with the game like the odd game design regarding John Marston, New Austin restriction etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HelloMyNameIsHuman
56 minutes ago, happygrowls said:

giphy.gif

 

 

bruh you saying that this

Image result for gta 5 screenshots 360

looks better than this?

Image result for red dead redemption 2 screenshots

There is a lot more variation in gta v and a lot more going on in each frame. That is some trees and a nice character model. Yes, the V image is more impressive. There are plenty of scenes in rdr2 that look better. I would hope so 5 years later... still, it’s trees and terrain and small little towns. Gta v is the more Impressive technical accomplishment.

 

the shoddy broken hdr of rdr2 automatically disqualifies it compared to any game I named with proper hdr implementations.


 

47 minutes ago, JC_HUMBLE said:

But DBH is like a cgi movie, of course it has more advantage with its graphics than a open world game. 

 

On topic:

I recommend to stop being so miserable trying to convince everyone with a downgrade that not all eyes can see (maybe there is, maybe not), Because In the end you're the one getting affected, you're the one not being able to play the game again because it's broken in your eyes, I don't defend R*  I know they became some greedy bastards lately. In my opinion there's other more important issues with the game like the odd game design regarding John Marston, New Austin restriction etc...


best graphics of the generation is what wa said and what I responded to. It doesn’t matter what difference there is on the game design. Rdr2 is a mediocre game in terms of graphics and not even in the top ten best graphics of this generation. I know that because I have listed more than ten games with better graphics this generation already. Ttyl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.