Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Potto

Mods not activating

Recommended Posts

Potto

Even though I've updated Scripthook and all that stuff you need. Not even the Simple Trainer is working and I just get the default game. I'm extremely confused as to why nothing works since from what I understand everything has had time to update to the latest GTA 5 update now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NaidRaida

With actual updates it works, there is no question about that.

 

Please make sure you have put all neccessary files in the correct folders/paths. Maybe take a look in all the readme files. Maybe your system is missing something for the hook to work.

 

Seems the scripthook isn't active at all cause otherwise (with outdated files) I would expect the game to crash on startup or to ask for available updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Potto
16 hours ago, NaidRaida said:

With actual updates it works, there is no question about that.

 

Please make sure you have put all neccessary files in the correct folders/paths. Maybe take a look in all the readme files. Maybe your system is missing something for the hook to work.

 

Seems the scripthook isn't active at all cause otherwise (with outdated files) I would expect the game to crash on startup or to ask for available updates.

Everything should work fine, that's what bothers me. It all worked before the Casino Update.

 

The weird part is that I had that error before when starting the game up until I actually updated all my stuff. 

 

Here's my GTA 5 folder:

 

xrpbOpM.png

 

(All the x64 files are there, trust me).

 

Here's the Bin folder:

 

3uiAIw7.png

Edited by Potto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NaidRaida

No no no! You don't need a "bin"-folder. These three files belong in the main folder with the game exe (see the scripthooks readme for furhter info).

This bin-folder is just inside the programmers archive (probably bin=binary files), not the games folder structure.

The scripthookV.dll is always the gtaV.exe's neighboor, so as the dinput and the .asi. Putting them elsewhere, makes them useless, alone in that folder it cannot "hook" the game exe.

Because of the wrong folder the script can't start at all. That makes sense as I cannot find any log file in the picture which means your hook is not active. From that bin-folder it won't start. Please move those files one folder up.

The activated hook always creates a log file in the main folder. If not, it is 100% not activated or corrupted (redownload and reinstall the hook files). It also logs errors which can be helpful if it works but is corrupted somehow.

Unfortunately, understanding the logs is above my knowledge, hehe.

Edited by NaidRaida

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Potto
57 minutes ago, NaidRaida said:

No no no! You don't need a "bin"-folder. These three files belong in the main folder with the game exe (see the scripthooks readme for furhter info).

This bin-folder is just inside the programmers archive (probably bin=binary files), not the games folder structure.

The scripthookV.dll is always the gtaV.exe's neighboor, so as the dinput and the .asi. Putting them elsewhere, makes them useless, alone in that folder it cannot "hook" the game exe.

Because of the wrong folder the script can't start at all. That makes sense as I cannot find any log file in the picture which means your hook is not active. From that bin-folder it won't start. Please move those files one folder up.

The activated hook always creates a log file in the main folder. If not, it is 100% not activated or corrupted (redownload and reinstall the hook files). It also logs errors which can be helpful if it works but is corrupted somehow.

Unfortunately, understanding the logs is above my knowledge, hehe.

I fixed it but now the game just crashes. I suppose ScriptHook isn't updated?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Potto
9 minutes ago, NaidRaida said:

Always use latest files, that's all you can do: http://www.dev-c.com/gtav/scripthookv/

 

 

That's already what I did unfortunately. I suppose I'll just have to wait it out.

 

Thanks for the help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mrbashiyo
8 horas atrás, Potto disse:

Isso já foi o que fiz, infelizmente. Suponho que você terá que esperar.

 

Obrigado pela ajuda!

O mesmo ocorre comigo desde a última atualização do rockstar para o Rockstar Game Launcher ... Vi isso, a versão do GTA é o same

(1737), mas o ScripthookV não está funcionando ....

Edited by mrbashiyo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NaidRaida

I don't know if R* changed something which destroyed the scripthook, but a few weeks ago it worked with latest patch/script. I didn't heard of any update so far, no autoupdate. So I'm wondering about an outdated scripthook.

 

And if so, the programmer usually publish fast updates. As you can see, the latest files are kind of old already. I play only in offline mode. Online mode you can forget with this script, but that's no secret.

 

mrbashiyo, this is an english only forum, I know this from personal experience.  :whistle:

Edited by NaidRaida

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Potto
14 hours ago, mrbashiyo said:

O mesmo ocorre comigo desde a última atualização do rockstar para o Rockstar Game Launcher ... Vi isso, a versão do GTA é o same

(1737), mas o ScripthookV não está funcionando ....

Something weird is going on, that's for sure. Hopefully it gets fixed.

 

5 minutes ago, NaidRaida said:

I don't know if R* changed something which destroyed the scripthook, but a few weeks ago it worked with latest patch/script. I didn't heard of any update so far, no autoupdate. So I'm wondering about an outdated scripthook.

 

And if so, the programmer usually publish fast updates. As you can see, the latest files are kind of old already. I play only in offline mode. Online mode you can forget with this script, but that's no secret.

 

mrbashiyo, this is an english only forum, I know this from personal experience.

I think a small update came out a little while ago, I'm not sure though. Maybe it was only on console but I remember my Xbox One downloading some updates for games a while back and I believe GTA 5 was among those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NaidRaida

I just started GTA and it asked for update, I didn't install it but this is new to me. So, it is most likely that the scripthook may have been destroyed by an R* update.

 

Then we can just wait for the hook update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Potto
1 hour ago, NaidRaida said:

I just started GTA and it asked for update, I didn't install it but this is new to me. So, it is most likely that the scripthook may have been destroyed by an R* update.

 

Then we can just wait for the hook update.

Then it's probably just some bugfix update, right? Is there any way to downgrade from the small updates?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NaidRaida

I don't know a way to downgrade GTA5. GTA4 was easy but 5... When you reinstall all it'll update to the latest and I never heard about a method for manual patching.

 

But it look like as if the game starts without beeing patched again. I simply didn't allow windows to install the update and the game starts without update. But that won't help you since your game version is already patched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Foxenety

Hello!

 

I took the version of September 24, 2019 and my game does not run!
Does anyone have an explanation ?
There is no message that appears and I remember that I put SCRIPTHOOK in the main folder of the game!
The other versions were working ...

Thank you !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MRJGAMER
3 hours ago, Foxenety said:

Hello!

 

I took the version of September 24, 2019 and my game does not run!
Does anyone have an explanation ?
There is no message that appears and I remember that I put SCRIPTHOOK in the main folder of the game!
The other versions were working ...

Thank you !

Same here bro i think it has to do something with the new rockstar launcher 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NaidRaida

That's nothing new. R* are no modder friendly developers. And GTA5 is by far the worst of the series. Because of that I didn't bother to mod this game as I did for 4.

 

Since they are totally focused on their online game, they will go on with eliminating this scripthook. But it's also the gamers fault because of the online modding and cheating.

 

Asking Alexander Blade for updates makes no sense, he is probably the one who is pissed off most. Looks like he isn't active here anymore anyway. Just look at his profile, offline for years.

Edited by NaidRaida

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Potto
45 minutes ago, NaidRaida said:

That's nothing new. R* are no modder friendly developers. And GTA5 is by far the worst of the series.

They're not PC friendly, full stop. GTA 5 still feels like it's lacking compared to 4 and San Andreas when it comes to modding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mrbashiyo
On 9/24/2019 at 11:35 AM, NaidRaida said:

I don't know if R* changed something which destroyed the scripthook, but a few weeks ago it worked with latest patch/script. I didn't heard of any update so far, no autoupdate. So I'm wondering about an outdated scripthook.

 

And if so, the programmer usually publish fast updates. As you can see, the latest files are kind of old already. I play only in offline mode. Online mode you can forget with this script, but that's no secret.

 

mrbashiyo, this is an english only forum, I know this from personal experience.  :whistle:

Sorry guys, if the f* traslator automatic from google, sorry. I speak English... to be clear, ya, the last update of rockstar to GTA 5  is 1737.6 not only 1737, for this, ScriptHookV don´t work... Anyway, I wrote to developer to see If is any valid fix to do..VisualV not working too with this last path...so sucks....

ps: I use PC to play GTA V and mods...

Edited by mrbashiyo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Potto

Seems like it's updated and working now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Foxenety

Yes, it's good! SCRIPTHOOK ITS WORK ! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mrbashiyo
On 9/28/2019 at 8:22 PM, Potto said:

Seems like it's updated and working now!

Yes, Updated!!! Now working with last version *.6 . Gratefull!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.