Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Diamond Casino Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA 6

      1. St Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

    6. GTA Vice City Stories

    7. GTA Liberty City Stories

    8. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    9. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    10. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    11. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Moeror

Dead bounties

Recommended Posts

Moeror

I wish you didn't get raped so bad with the role experience when your bounty dies.  Their hard enough as it is. 

Edited by Moeror

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hudawg

Don't kill them...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gray-Hand

They aren’t that hard...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moeror

Like I didn't expect those two helpful answers when I posted. 

  • Like 6
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Unpleasant Nerd

Gotta be careful. Enemies can accidently kill the bounty when you're fleeing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IamCourtney

Iunno, seems fair enough to me that the hard way pays better.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LostReacher

*Press circle to stop bounty from escaping

 

*Presses circle on seeing above prompt

 

*Mercilessly stabs the bounty to death

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KingpinRCR
8 hours ago, Hudawg said:

Don't kill them...

For me there is this one bounty, can’t remember his name, that I can’t seem to bring in alive.  I’ve been after him 5 times by now and each time he set’s himself on fire and dies.  Everytime his camp is at a different location but everytime he hides behind a lamp and shoots it when he tries to shoot me... 🙄

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmyStone
12 hours ago, Moeror said:

Like I didn't expect those two helpful answers when I posted. 

Well your post is probably in the wrong place. Sounds more like a B&M unless you're asking for advice, but you didn't seem to be.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IamCourtney
7 hours ago, KingpinRCR said:

For me there is this one bounty, can’t remember his name, that I can’t seem to bring in alive.  I’ve been after him 5 times by now and each time he set’s himself on fire and dies.  Everytime his camp is at a different location but everytime he hides behind a lamp and shoots it when he tries to shoot me... 🙄

Last night I dropped a hogtied bounty so I could fight the incoming reinforcements with more than just a revolver... I dropped her right on top of a campfire -_-

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BZXC32

I had a bounty in a camp in the woods. While the gunfight started a grizly bear spawned as well at the location, killing several enemies and the bounty, luckely i could kill the bear with my shotgun that was realy funny 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery

I don't have any real issue with dead bounties awarding less than those turned in alive, but I admit, I would have preferred bounty posters to display a price, XP and gold amount, dead or alive. The whole R* M.O. of time based payouts which encourage waiting at the drop off for cumulative hours is cr*p. Just advertise the rewards beforehand, then it's up to players to make their own fun.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Red Lynx 23

I had a bounty try to run at the beginning of a shootout, she ran right into her own campfire and killed herself.

 

I also had to deliver a dead bounty, after some reenforcements on horseback shot a crate of dynamite in a wagon. The explosion killed her, but only wounded my horse and I.

Edited by Red Lynx 23
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bakkerbaard

I'm a full auto-aim nancy and sometimes I pull the trigger in a reflex before I realise I'm aiming at the target. But I'm getting better now. Not necessarily Owlhoot-better, but most of the time now the only thing ruining Bounty-fun is the timer.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marcinguy

I've killed many bounties on accident, especially when they are all in a group together. Threw a dynamite right into the middle of a camp once. Realized after that I blew up the bounty even before they appeared on radar with the little skull icon, lol.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eighthdoctor
On 9/19/2019 at 10:37 PM, Moeror said:

I wish you didn't get raped so bad with the role experience when your bounty dies.

Poor choice of words there... 😬

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Failed Again

My Bounties escape, 

I think here's my plan, Put this hat on the dead guy over there, win win.

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • KEKW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark Spark

Found a bounty in a wagon train of bandits, with his wagon hauling a crate of dynamite. Seconds after they made me, one of the bandits shooting at me hits the lantern on the wagon and the resulting fire sets off the crate.

 

Another bounty got my ire up, so I shot him in the back with an explosive round. Carried the limp body over to the sheriff and thought it a little odd the game wanted me to bring him to the front office rather than drop him at the back. Got even stranger when the cinematic played out where I pushed a living bounty into a cell. I have to assume the explosive round merely knocked the target out.

 

To that end, I took my weakest handgun (the Double Action) out of the locker and stood in a lake to rust it out. I'll put a body shot into my next few bounties with Explosive ammo and see if it be used as a stun gun.

Edited by Dark Spark
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Van_Hellsing

Use the bounty hunter meat wagon if you have one. It is armored and captured bounties can not escape.

 

I had more than once that during the pursuit, NPC enemies shoot and kill the mark on the back of my horse. 

 

Sometimes the mark doesn't light up in dead eye from a distance. You have to check the mini map constantly if you're shooting at the mark or an NPC enemy. 

 

In many missions the mark runs away immediately. The NPC's are only there to distract you. 

 

The tracking pamphlet is very expensive at $600. It takes sent glands of skunks to craft. To catch skunks is a challenge on its own. At first I thought that this pamphlet was useless. Until I lost $120 worth of bolas. 

 

Hit a mark with a tracking arrow and their fighting spirit is gone. And tracking arrows are non lethal. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rusbeckia
20 minutes ago, Van_Hellsing said:

Use the bounty hunter meat wagon if you have one. It is armored and captured bounties can not escape.

 

I had more than once that during the pursuit, NPC enemies shoot and kill the mark on the back of my horse. 

 

Sometimes the mark doesn't light up in dead eye from a distance. You have to check the mini map constantly if you're shooting at the mark or an NPC enemy. 

 

In many missions the mark runs away immediately. The NPC's are only there to distract you. 

 

The tracking pamphlet is very expensive at $600. It takes sent glands of skunks to craft. To catch skunks is a challenge on its own. At first I thought that this pamphlet was useless. Until I lost $120 worth of bolas. 

 

Hit a mark with a tracking arrow and their fighting spirit is gone. And tracking arrows are non lethal. 

Are bounties still running away when hit with a tracking arrow?

i think I‘m gonna buy the recipe tonight just for the sake of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Van_Hellsing
47 minutes ago, rusbeckia said:

Are bounties still running away when hit with a tracking arrow?

i think I‘m gonna buy the recipe tonight just for the sake of it.

Yes, the mark will still be running away, albeit at a slower pace. Also, in dead eye, the mark leaves a long yellow smoke trail. 

 

I shot a bounty once on horseback. The bounty still kept on going at a fast pace. But I think it was a bug. 

 

One other bounty fleeing on a horse slowed down. 

 

The tracking arrow is a replacement for bolas, if you don't want to risk losing them. Bolas cost $30 a piece. A lost arrow is not so big deal. 

 

 

 

Edited by Van_Hellsing
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Van_Hellsing

Some bounties ride on stagecoaches. The mark always sits on the passenger seat next to the driver. On one particular mission, the mark rides on tank wagons. The tank wagons blow up if you shoot at them. 

 

Load up some health potion. Ignore anyone and immediately lasso the mark and pull him/her away from the wagon. 

Edited by Van_Hellsing
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bakkerbaard

You can't wing a target, can you? Like, take out a kneecap or a shin. Does that do anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ALifeOfMisery
30 minutes ago, Bakkerbaard said:

You can't wing a target, can you? Like, take out a kneecap or a shin. Does that do anything?

I've seen some people mention seeing NPCs crawl before dying if you hit them in the leg, but I've never seen anything like that.

 

There doesn't seem to be a mechanism for  partially wounding an NPC, they are either dead, have a fatal injury or are unimpeded.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bakkerbaard
17 minutes ago, ALifeOfMisery said:

There doesn't seem to be a mechanism for  partially wounding an NPC, they are either dead, have a fatal injury or are unimpeded.

Meh. Rifle butt to the face works wonder against target mobility too. We'll manage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AmyStone
On 9/19/2019 at 10:37 PM, Moeror said:

I wish you didn't get raped so bad with the role experience when your bounty dies.  Their hard enough as it is. 

It's part of the challenge. It's easy not to kill them anyway. Just don't rush it. I hang around the edge picking off enemies that are obviously not the bounty then go after them when they make a run for it.

Edited by AmyStone
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IamCourtney
On 10/16/2019 at 7:46 AM, Van_Hellsing said:

Some bounties ride on stagecoaches. The mark always sits on the passenger seat next to the driver. On one particular mission, the mark rides on tank wagons. The tank wagons blow up if you shoot at them. 

 

Load up some health potion. Ignore anyone and immediately lasso the mark and pull him/her away from the wagon. 

I'd just add that it's best to try and pull them directly sideways off the seat; I've had occassions where lassoing them backward over the wagon itself or forward over the horses has resulted in death from being run over, hitting their head/neck or just getting caught in a bit of weird geometry and launched hard enough to kill on impact.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bakkerbaard

I had a target get stuck in footrest on the wagon. Accidentally plugged them and they collapsed forward, but not enough to fall out so they slumped sideways. 

I tried crashing the wagon in one of the big graves outside the Armadillo sheriff's office, but no dice so I just set fire to the damn thing and laughed maniacally while it burned to make it look like that was my mad intention anyway.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Foxwolfe
On 10/17/2019 at 7:33 AM, ALifeOfMisery said:

I've seen some people mention seeing NPCs crawl before dying if you hit them in the leg, but I've never seen anything like that.

 

There doesn't seem to be a mechanism for  partially wounding an NPC, they are either dead, have a fatal injury or are unimpeded.

On that note I was doing the Cecil C bounty and at one point switched over to slugs after getting low on buckshot, I then proceeded to accidentally target and shoot Cecil from about 20 yards out with a slug. For the next 20-30 seconds he writhed around on the ground slowly dying (as I've never seen anyone get up from a shotgun blast that made them roll around on the ground in death throws), when I got over to him he was still alive but I'm guessing would have finished bleeding out soon, funny thing was the game still let me hogtie him and once he was hogtied he stopped dying and I was able to deliver him alive lol.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Assblaster

If you body-shoot a bounty from a distance with a repeater or a revolver and no special ammo, they usually don't die, they fall and get back up and run again wounded...but it does slow em down so if they're running sometimes I resort to that. Usually I only do it if my horse flees or is shot down though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.