1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Get San Andreas for free when you install the new Rockstar games launcher.

ComputerBlue

I got it a few hours ago but I'm not sure if the launcher version is the same as steam since I've never play that version, any confirmation of this?

their launcher was released today and for a limited time, we can get a free copy of GTA San Andreas

but however, this seems to be, yet a newer version, newer than NEWSTEAMV2

I haven't got any time to test it, search the files or attempt to glitch it yet, so I call upon you all

and yes, I dubbed this new release NEWROCKSTAR version for convenience, al least for now

Sounds Good.

I tried it.

I have the game installed and "Running", But it will not work. for a while I could get Carl to get on and off the bicycle, then that stopped working. I can only get Carl to do a shallow bunny hop and move the front wheel. Other than that it is static, no movement.

The joypad settings look good. I can see the same button asignments in different colomns which is proper.

But the game is still useless,

I will have to poke about more.

Not sure if this is intended, but the RSGL version of GTA SA cannot be modded as it'll auto-validate and/or tell you to update its files.

unknown.png

There is a workaround I use, just replacing gta_sa.exe with another version and turning off auto update seems to fix it but I don't think that's a good solution though

frzMPxh.png

There are also 3 new files not seen in the older version of the game (afaik) named MTLX.dll, index.bin and version.txt

unknown.png

I think MTLX.dll is the "DRM" the game uses, as removing it and trying to launch the game from the launcher gave me a message to update the game

The version.txt file has numbers that read 1.0.0.22.

And since this is a newer version, no modloaders or downgraders detect its .exe as a valid version to downgrade/use..

I'll probably only use this version of the game as a backup incase things go wrong with modding.

Edited by datiel12
  • Like 2

How do I claim San Andreas? I downloaded the launcher, logged in, but I can't seem to find a way to download it.

The Buy Now button is grayed out & it says "This feature is currently not available".

4 hours ago, IceDree said:

How do I claim San Andreas? I downloaded the launcher, logged in, but I can't seem to find a way to download it.

The Buy Now button is grayed out & it says "This feature is currently not available".

Just press the big "Download For Windows" button on Rockstar's website to download the new launcher. Once you register/login, then you'll see GTA San Andreas in the launcher, and it will show you the option to claim the game for free.

Edited by codenulls

35 minutes ago, codenulls said:

Just press the big "Download For Windows" button on Rockstar's website to download the new launcher. Once you register/login, then you'll see GTA San Andreas in the launcher, and it will show you the option to claim the game for free.

That's the thing, I don't have the option.

I get this instead:

1WkmiPk.jpg

At first when I launched Rockstar launcher it showed "play game on steam" as i own steam version, but when I went to Rockstar store i pressed on GTA SA and claimed it, now it launches Rockstar store version of GTA SA.

So go to Rockstar store and claim it there.

Here is the pic, btw it's now owned.

Oulq0ns.png

Edited by Minde95s

I just downloaded the game and it's pretty buggy.. as you start the game the camera rotates like a washing machine..

15 hours ago, EinonXP said:

A heads up guys, while the game is not "always online" it needs an internet conection to run.

What happens if you run the game without internet? What happens if your internet is shut down in the middle of playing?

What happens in the following scenarios? Please provide screenshots when possible.

1. You run the game without internet
2. The internet is shut down for an extended amount of time in the middle of a playthrough? (Say 15 minutes)

3. You run the game with internet, but the launcher is closed.
4. You try to run the game without the launcher installed.

Thanks in advance!

I hate Rockstar.

Edited by Diego Mustard

49 minutes ago, Diego Mustard said:

What happens if you run the game without internet? What happens if your internet is shut down in the middle of playing?

What happens in the following scenarios? Please provide screenshots when possible.

1. You run the game without internet
2. The internet is shut down for an extended amount of time in the middle of a playthrough? (Say 15 minutes)

3. You run the game with internet, but the launcher is closed.
4. You try to run the game without the launcher installed.

Thanks in advance!

I hate Rockstar.

1. Nothing really happens. You can run the game without internet but you'll just lose the ability to use cloud saving. But this is only if you had the launcher open before attempting to play without internet

2. Nothing, worked perfectly for me

3. It launches the launcher and then launches the game, running the game through the launcher without internet will result in the RSGL opening but being unable to connect to the game services and not allowing you to play.

4. I haven't tested this yet but what I think would happen is, it'll throw an error saying it can't find the RSGL and wont launch the game, or it'll just not launch considering the EXE is probably hardcoded to detect the RSGL. Probably due to the MTLX.dll still being there.

Edited by datiel12
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Supremo said:

Nice... I think I'll stick to my modded (fixed resolution, textures, etc.) pirated version.

You can technically bypass the "DRM" by using a different .exe and disabling auto-update

Ok so i installed this launcher and clear new GTA SA copy of the game and i noticed that the game just skipped whole intro. Also. Are mods, scripts and Silent fix working with that version of the game?

1 hour ago, datiel12 said:

You can technically bypass the "DRM" by using a different .exe and disabling auto-update

i just noticed that in MTLX.dll there is a name of company called "(c) 2015 Entrust, Inc." and website called www.entrust.net which it gives me idea that Rockstar added just a special drm for that release. And i don't know if they updated also in steam version.
Here is what i found. https://imgur.com/a/Mc5MgHW

2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Nice... a new bug. I think I'll stick to my modded (fixed resolution, textures, etc.) pirated version.

It never happened to me.

5 hours ago, IceDree said:

1WkmiPk.jpg

uninstall and install again to resolve the issue.

4 hours ago, Vlady_xD said:

I just downloaded the game and it's pretty buggy.. as you start the game the camera rotates like a washing machine..

It's not a bug, but a feature (literally). You have to go into options and turn off something where it says "vertical".

6 hours ago, IceDree said:

That's the thing, I don't have the option.

I get this instead:

If you own a steam copy, maybe try changing it's folder name, and as others said, you can also try it either from store or the website. If it's still not working, then try a vpn.

Edited by codenulls

2 hours ago, Nejby said:

Ok so i installed this launcher and clear new GTA SA copy of the game and i noticed that the game just skipped whole intro. Also. Are mods, scripts and Silent fix working with that version of the game?

Not necessarily. @datiel12 has a solution for that.

Sort of off-topic, but the Rockstar Games Launcher also has a version of III and Vice City available on that platform too and I was wondering if anyone has noticed any differences those versions have over the Steam and previous retail releases?

1 hour ago, codenulls said:

If you own a steam copy, maybe try changing it's folder name, and as others said, you can also try it either from store or the website. If it's still not working, then try a vpn.

I don't, but I'll try the VPN method.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, |Love| said:

It never happened to me.

uninstall and install again to resolve the issue.

Will give it a shot, thanks.

I don't understand why some people want to download this if they already own it. 

24 minutes ago, Official General said:

I don't understand why some people want to download this if they already own it. 

Me, just to add another version to my collection. For example.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Inadequate said:

Me, just to add another version to my collection. For example.

Makes no sense, but whatever pleases you I guess. I got my PC physical copy and nicely modded, I don't need another copy. 

7 minutes ago, Official General said:

Makes no sense, but whatever pleases you I guess. I got my PC physical copy and nicely modded, I don't need another copy. 

It makes sense, is slighty different to Steam version and totally different from retail 2.0 / 1.1 / 1.0 versions. Making it another version obviously. Despite I own an original PC disc copy as you and an original PS2 copy as well. Also, I'm expecting some mods will start to support this version since a lot of people got it and is free after all, but yeah 1.0 version is king in every aspect and modding wise as well, in my opinion.

Edited by Inadequate
  • Like 2